• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Are there any MAJOR negative consequence to NOT leveling up my WL/AR? I just hit 35 and I don't want to increase it yet because

1) My characters levels, weapons, and talents are not where I want them to be
2) Just finished chapter 1 and it was incredibly difficult and a challenge
3) I want to take some time and get my characters "built" before moving forward.
4) I may cave and spend a little bit to see if I can pull a banner character. In which case they will need to be built up too.

I know this has drawbacks. Two that I can think of:
1) It wasted Adventure EXP
2) I won't be able to ascend/refine/uncap past a certain level. Which is fine. I would just rather get my characters maxed first.
As has been mentioned, Adventure EXP is not wasted since it's accumulated and you will jump to whatever level you would have got once you do level up. The other downsides are that rewards are worse at lower world levels (less money / books from ley lines, slightly less / lower rewards from world bosses), and that you can't access certain domain levels with a low world level.

In general I would strongly recommend to keep your world level where you're confortable with it, and only raise it when you start to feel like world enemies are boringly easy. That's what I did: I kept it at like WL5-6 for a couple months until I felt ready and increased it (I'm now WL8 / AR56). Fortunately you can now dial back one world level (only one, sadly) if you raise it and feel the game is too challenging. Hell, if you're finding the game a challenge right now, you can even dial the world back one level and see if that helps.

It's a game, do what's the most fun for you. Don't just increase world level because you "should" or to turn it into some dumb dick measuring contest.

But if you are struggling with WL/AR, I think it is a much more "L2P" issue, and chances are you are missing on the key concept of either upgrading heroes (level, weapon, talents, artifacts), or mechanics like hitting stone shields with spells, or hitting elemental shields with basic attacks, or ignoring the elemental reactions. Upgrading artifacts is where most people "lose" power, making enemies more of the damage sponges.
Nah, this aint it chief. I knew all of these things from day one but the game was still challenging (fuck you, Oceanid) until I rolled a decent number of characters, raised their levels / talents, and decked them with decent weapons and artifacts. People just conveniently forget how long that takes once they're steamrolling enemies later on.

You'll honestly progress faster just gritting your teeth and dealing with the extra challenge for a short time.
No offense but I will never understand this mentality. "Grit your teeth and play in a way you find unconfortable so that... you can win some race with strangers and burn through the game in less time?".

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Worked hard yesterday and got my Kageuchi blade to level 80, refined it to level 3 and ascended Keqing to level 80, then ascended Kazuha to level 70. The passive talent that I unlocked is crazy good, a big elemental damage buff for the team along with the attack buff from Freedom-Sworn. Really made a difference

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Why is the Mikage Furnace quest not part of the main story? Seems pretty important and reintroduces a third party that I assume will play a bigger role in the Inazuma story going forward.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Quick question about anemo swirl reactions as the mechanics of it confuses me.

Is it worth equipping Kazuha with an anemo damage bonus artifact or would his damage mostly come from elements that anemo interacts with?

ArcticDonkey

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Quick question about anemo swirl reactions as the mechanics of it confuses me.

Is it worth equipping Kazuha with an anemo damage bonus artifact or would his damage mostly come from elements that anemo interacts with?
The latter if you're going for an EM build which is what's generally recommended. Going all in on EM will increase the swirl damage as well as increase the elemental buff he gives to the whole team. You won't see big green numbers but instead ton of smaller numbers, all the colours the rainbow.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
thank you for the reply!
I really need to look at a guide at some point to see what units would be worth trying for, I feel like I've missed out on a lot when I dropped the game fairly early due to time. I assume like Dragalia Lost units/banners will come back around.
The rerun situation in this game is unfortunately not so great right now. If we include the leaked known banners for 2.1 which are also going to be 2 new characters, the game will have been out for a year at that time (I think) and we're looking at 14 banners for new characters, of which only 4 had a rerun so far. And then there was a weird Keqing banner somewhere in the middle (only character from the standard banner to ever have a limited banner so far).
They kinda have to change the way they do reruns or we're potentially looking at 1+ year gaps between reruns of a character. But there doesn't seem to be anything like that in the immediate future.

So my suggestion would be to not be too focused on the past characters when you're starting out and instead just go for some of the current and upcoming 5* characters that you like (you're not going to get that many anyway unless you're either super lucky or open your wallet big time) and collect 4* along the way. If you're not super sold on any of them, I think it's still generally a good idea to at least throw some pulls into a banner to bolster your 4* selection. Current banner is definitely not a bad investment for that, Ningguang and Yanfei are very good DPS characters and Chongyun's strengths are a bit more situational but in those he's very good as well.

In general all characters are absolutely viable for most of the games content. Some lose their usefullness a bit in the late "end-game" challenge dungeon, but it's not something to be super worried about.
If you're looking for "meta" characters, then it's probably a good idea to save for 2.1 though. Nothing definitive yet, but there's a good chance one of the characters in that patch will be really strong.

Also, if you post which characters you have and like everyone will be happy to give you tips for nice team composition or what role they are best at, etc.

Oct 26, 2017
I had a bunch of fragile resin stocked up and decided to tear into it to build up my main DPS's, Hu Tao and Ayaka, during some of my time off work.
While doing this I had a first look down into the hole that is optimizing Artifacts, I can't even get the game to give me Artifacts with the correct main stats, I shudder at the thought at also trying to go for proper sub stats...

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
The latter if you're going for an EM build which is what's generally recommended. Going all in on EM will increase the swirl damage as well as increase the elemental buff he gives to the whole team. You won't see big green numbers but instead ton of smaller numbers, all the colours the rainbow.
That's great thank you, I'll swap out his anemo damage one for elemental mastery or energy recharge :)

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, this aint it chief. I knew all of these things from day one but the game still kicked my ass until I rolled a decent number of characters, raised their levels / talent ranks, and decked them with decent weapons and artifacts. People just conveniently forget how long that takes once they're steamrolling enemies later on.

I think a lot of it is L2P, or at least something that you can avoid/prevent/learn/manage without relying on 5* characters or buying extra resources from shop. You don't need great mechanics either, inputs are simple and dodging is forgiving. If you can play Normal AC/Witcher, you have enough mechanical skill to beat Genshin.

For example, most prism bosses are literally about understanding their attack patterns and dodging, really forgiving and telegraphed dodging instead of some split-second Sekiro shit. Same with Dragon: understanding when to run away, and not being greedy tanking its breath. Wolf starts to spam shards towards second phase, which kind of need either full stamina or tanking, and because it is ice you have a hard time healing with barbs. Oceanid is the bane, the hardest open-world boss, and then you have two flowers that melt if you hit them with correct element.

Lots of domains are conditional of understanding what is debuffed, and what is buffed inside.

Prioritizing correct skills/talents/weapons instead of communism. Maybe looking-up online which characters are better.

Making use of resin, understanding stats basics (which are good, how they multiply), doing domains/leylines for stuff that is needed, doing side-quests (except for that liyua cave device) to get free mats, doing events. It is open, some zones are easier than others, being mindful of this could save a lot of headaches fighting sponges instead of exploring lower-level zones.

The game is not hard, I don't think it reaches the mechanical complexity (dodge/parry reactions, input sequences, positioning) of Hard AC/Witcher, but it doesn't really hold hands teaching and making sure that you know everything, and you are expected to invest/not misuse leveling resources. This is why I am asking for pics, to see the whole picture what is up with heroes/weapons/levels/artifacts.

Party

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Dec 3, 2018
Kazuha is the best character in the game:

-His character story is one of the few in the game to actually have real consequences (ie someone died) and that makes him far more relatable as he actually deals with his grief. Also, most importantly, all this tragic backstory isn't hidden away in some text you get for getting companionship levels, it's actually weaved into the main inazuma story (and I'm still hoping there is ultimately a resolution).
-He has great voice acting both in English and Chinese. HIs lines kind of sounded corny to me at first, but kind of grew on me as he just sounds so genuine. His combat animations and skill/burst effects are probably the flashiest in the game. Seeing all the different colors light up during his burst never gets old.
-He is incredibly fun to play both in combat and exploration. He has pretty much replaced Venti at this point as he can do a black hole with every use of his skill and his burst is just nuts. I'm running teams with him and a bunch of supports and he basically functions to make everyone in my party an equal dps instead of having one dps and a bunch of healers/shielders/buffers.
-He is decently meta and I don't think will be powercrept anytime soon. He also defies the traditional atk/dmg tye/crit meta by actually using different stats that most characters don't pay attention to like EM.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017

Happy birthday to one of the best 4* DPS, and one of the most fun to use. Mine is currently C5 with a Skyward Atlas, but she was cool at C0 too.

anotherdoof

Oct 27, 2017
Are there any MAJOR negative consequence to NOT leveling up my WL/AR? I just hit 35 and I don't want to increase it yet because

3) I want to take some time and get my characters "built" before moving forward.
4) I may cave and spend a little bit to see if I can pull a banner character. In which case they will need to be built up too.

2) I won't be able to ascend/refine/uncap past a certain level. Which is fine. I would just rather get my characters maxed first.

The biggest downside is the drops are worse overall, so it takes longer to build your characters at a lower WL. When I started, I pushed my WL up at every opportunity (except when Childe's domain first came out and they didn't scale it properly). Generally the increase is manageable and the only boss that becomes an issue is the Wolf and Oceanid.

Generally the advice is to do leylines and fill your characters with basic artifacts till about WL5 I believe and switch over to artifact domains. WL5 is where you start getting guaranteed 5* artifact drops. Don't neglect your talent levels either!

WhisperOfMalice

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
2.1 Abyss modifier leaks point to something something dendro debuff going through shields?

they trying to take down our king 😔

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Beautiful Genshin fashion:

E6Cg_HzX0AkD42L

By https://twitter.com/abbystea

teaakayyy

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone see a flaw or a substitution I can do potentially ?

Keqing, sucrose, razor and, Xingqiu.

I just started upgrading sucrose got her to about lvl 55 I think now

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone see a flaw or a substitution I can do potentially ?

Keqing, sucrose, razor and, Xingqiu.

I just started upgrading sucrose got her to about lvl 55 I think now
I don't think Keqing and Razor make much sense together. Razor and Keqing are both main DPS, and Razor especially is very greedy and provides 0 support to the rest of the team. I'd look into replacing him with someone else (possibly Fischl or maybe a healer) if you want to use Keqing as your teams main DPS.
In terms of healers you can pretty much use everyone at your level. Bennett could give you extra Atk and some overload, Barbara some extra hydro-application, and Noelle a shield, but her heal kinda wants her on the field. Diona would be more for a super-conduct team if you play physical Keqing, but since you're using Sucrose and Xingqiu it looks like you play her with electro-damage.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
On PS5 in-game I switched Dodge to R2 and Skill to R1, then using the PS5 accessibility settings did a universal switch of L1 and R2.

Now I can Dodge with L1, Skill with R1, and open up the wheel with R2.

Ridiculous that you can't simply do that kind of mapping in game without using this convoluted method because it fucks with UI controls but I've forced myself to get used to that.

Didn't want skill on R2 wearing out the trigger and dodge on a face button sucks.

edit: hang on, I could have just swapped R1 and R2 in accessibility and be done with it. Face palm moment.

edit2: wait nvm that still wears out the trigger too much if its a dodge. I'm still a genius.
hmmmmm I moved my buttons all around but I hadn't considered it affecting the accept cancel buttons... all I did after messing with them was fight a few things (it felt way better than the default I am absolutely astounded that the default is so bad and non standard)

gonna have to double check that today

teaakayyy

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think Keqing and Razor make much sense together. Razor and Keqing are both main DPS, and Razor especially is very greedy and provides 0 support to the rest of the team. I'd look into replacing him with someone else (possibly Fischl or maybe a healer) if you want to use Keqing as your teams main DPS.
In terms of healers you can pretty much use everyone at your level. Bennett could give you extra Atk and some overload, Barbara some extra hydro-application, and Noelle a shield, but her heal kinda wants her on the field. Diona would be more for a super-conduct team if you play physical Keqing, but since you're using Sucrose and Xingqiu it looks like you play her with electro-damage.
The extra characters I have are the following at the moment:
Fischl
Bennett
Amber
Barbara
Klee
Beidou
Xiangling
Chongyun

even if my current team is the best and there's another combo you recommend I'm all ears !

Twig

Oct 25, 2017

There is literally no reason whatsoever not to do it.

Just try it out and if things are too hard for you, you can bump it back down. They added that feature a while back.

EDIT: Actually, I suppose if you're having trouble at your current world level, you could bump it down now. I think you can only bump down one level, so ranking up would remove that option...??

Last edited:

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
speaking of fashion I can't imagine we wouldn't be getting a few skins for the anniversary patch. I really figured we would have gotten at least one every patch after 1.6 but they skipped this one so I guess not.
I mean... I can't imagine this game not having costumes since launch because it's such an obvious way to make money but here we are.

Oct 27, 2017
Fischl
Bennett
Amber
Barbara
Klee
Beidou
Xiangling
Chongyun

even if my current team is the best and there's another combo you recommend I'm all ears !

Klee should be your priority.

Invest in: Keqing, Fischl, Klee, Xianling, Xinqui, Bennet, Sucrose.

I would say your strongest comp would be: Klee, Fischl, Xinqui, Bennet. You can run Keqing, Fischl, Xinqui, Bennet too.

Xagarath

Oct 28, 2017
North-East England
Fischl
Bennett
Amber
Barbara
Klee
Beidou
Xiangling
Chongyun

Keqing/Xingqiu/Sucrose is a solid base. You could try Beidou as a 4th, for her burst (which Keqing can battery).
The two alternative non-Keqing teams you could try would be centering around Klee (With Xingqiu and Sucrose for support again, and Bennett as a 4th) or the 'National Team' comp, which is a rotation-heavy mix of Xiangling/Chongyun/Xingqiu/Bennett.

teaakayyy

Oct 28, 2017
Klee should be your priority.

Invest in: Keqing, Fischl, Klee, Xianling, Xinqui, Bennet, Sucrose.

I would say your strongest comp would be: Klee, Fischl, Xinqui, Bennet. You can run Keqing, Fischl, Xinqui, Bennet too.
I do have Klee at 60 I think, so Klee would be main DPS? Just need to upgrade Bennet.
how about Klee, keqing, xinqui and Bennet?

teaakayyy

Oct 28, 2017
Keqing/Xingqiu/Sucrose is a solid base. You could try Beidou as a 4th, for her burst (which Keqing can battery).
The two alternative non-Keqing teams you could try would be centering around Klee (With Xingqiu and Sucrose for support again, and Bennett as a 4th) or the 'National Team' comp, which is a rotation-heavy mix of Xiangling/Chongyun/Xingqiu/Bennett.
What's the "national team?"

Oct 27, 2017
I do have Klee at 60 I think, so Klee would be main DPS? Just need to upgrade Bennet.
how about Klee, keqing, xinqui and Bennet?

Neither Klee nor Keqing can reliably hit without being selected. So it is best to pick Fischl, because her bird can keep attacking while you attack with Klee or Keqing. Same with Xianling: she can drop pyro spells and leave the field, still doing a lot of damage while you slice with Keqing.

What you want is:
Klee Fischl
Keqing Fischl
Keqing Xianling

teaakayyy

Oct 28, 2017
Neither Klee nor Keqing can reliably hit without being selected. So it is best to pick Fischl, because her bird can keep attacking while you attack with Klee or Keqing. Same with Xianling: she can drop pyro spells and leave the field, still doing a lot of damage while you slice with Keqing.

What you want is:
Klee Fischl
Keqing Fischl
Keqing Xianling
How's Klee, fischl, xinqui, Bennet sound ?

Oct 27, 2017
You should aim for the character pool as opposed to some one composition.

I think you have already seen how different domains and bosses force you into different elements. Sometimes you will be shunned from electro or pyro damage, so this is where having Sucrose will come on. Or future characters, or perhaps you will want to have one cryo up your sleeve. You will also want another healer, so if you don't get anything, you will have to invest into Barbara a little for Abyss.

+ fun aspect. Maybe you just prefer Keqing animations and moveset etc. Forcing yourself to play one composition all the time is not fun, even if it the most optimal.

teaakayyy

Oct 28, 2017
You should aim for the character pool as opposed to some one composition.

I think you have already seen how different domains and bosses force you into different elements. Sometimes you will be shunned from electro or pyro damage, so this is where having Sucrose will come on. Or future characters, or perhaps you will want to have one cryo up your sleeve. You will also want another healer, so if you don't get anything, you will have to invest into Barbara a little for Abyss.

+ fun aspect. Maybe you just prefer Keqing animations and moveset etc. Forcing yourself to play one composition all the time is not fun, even if it the most optimal.
That makes sense, really good point, I have Barbara invested in a bit but I'll invest in the ones you said above and have my strongest comp be Klee, fischl, xinqui and Bennet, i don't know much of Bennet, would xinqui be my support then in this squad?

Oct 27, 2017
I really enjoyed the one-time domains Inazuma with the sliding doors and all. I just finished Formation Estate in about 20 seconds, though. A little disappointing that it ended up just a simple normal enemy fight after all the work it took to unlock.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
Doing a melt style comp with Ayaka, Xiangling, Qiqi, and Sucrose...very fun, I enjoy it more than a freeze setup. Trying to get the blizzard artifacts for Ayaka from the peak domain, but got a set of gambler material instead; I guess whatever it drops is completely random?

panama chief

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Doing a melt style comp with Ayaka, Xiangling, Qiqi, and Sucrose...very fun, I enjoy it more than a freeze setup. Trying to get the blizzard artifacts for Ayaka from the peak domain, but got a set of gambler material instead; I guess whatever it drops is completely random?

You sure you're at the right location? Peak should only give Blizzard Strayer and Heart of Depth for 5*

lemonade

May 8, 2018
So Klee, Sucrose, xinqui, Bennet?

klee is main dps, who would be sub dps, support etc? Sorry just being sure I understand it all, so I don't mess it all up haha

There is no sub DPS in this comp. Klee is a selfish carry and everyone else are support.

Sucrose is good because her EM buff is useful when Klee triggers vape with Xingqiu's burst.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Progress update ~ up to AR 16 and been loving the game still. Like an active love where I'm playing it and occasionally drop the controller a little and am like "this game is so good lol". My party is still Chongyun (C2), Bennett, Fishl and Yanfei who are all at 27 now. I'm really enjoying the dynamics between them and each is fun to use. I read a few pages back how people think Mondstadt is a weak part of the open world and I'm like whaaatt because I have been having such a blast exploring it and keep spending chunks of time just wandering around discovering and clearing things. It's stunning, but obviously it's exciting to know that the areas I have in front of me go even further. I can't wait. Earlier I stumbled into the first part of Liyue I think, gliding down from a large cliff and it was gorgeous. Enjoyed a sunset by the statue and couldn't help a quick screenshot:

gqk97.jpg

I'm even enjoying the story more than I expected. It's lightweight but it's charming, and I'm really enjoying the parts with Venti. So all in all, I continue in just wanting to absorb everything about this game for the moment. I read every post of this thread even if large chunks of it go over my head, but there's enough I do get to start getting an appreciation of the discussion, which is neat.

Finally, I'm at about 66 pulls on the Character Event banner and am debating whether I want to continue to the soft pity at 75 (? I think) and try for Ayaka, or hold off and save it for Yoimiya. I definitely want Shogun but with a month between here and there I'm not sweating it.

Urgh I love this, thanks for sharing.

Yep, it's a wonderful game indeed and it has dominated my gaming time since February. The exploration loop is amazing, there's a point a bit after you start where it just swallows you whole and it becomes very hard to stop playing. I'm glad you're enjoying it!
It really is! Like I'm still just running around the outskirts of Mondstadt but have just got to Liyue I think (I was doing a quest on the outskirts and saw a new statue so lit it up and it was a Geo god one and the area referenced Liyue! The environments are just gorgeous and I always want to see what's over the next cliff or hill as I'm wandering.
I just started playing and this echoes my own feelings. I'm liking it a lot more than I expected to. It doesn't feel like I'm playing a F2P "mobile game" at all, it's just as meaty as any open world game out there. I'm certainly enjoying it a lot more than the AAA Nintendo game it takes so much inspiration from.
Right? It's really good and I just keep loving it more the more I play. Definitely exceeds expectations and it's got a really good feel to it. Like I just feel great when I'm playing it.

Remembered seeing a mention about 10 Acquaint Fates. Came back to your post and realized that I'm actually AR10... so I was able to use them on the beginner wishes. I was able to get Fishcl and and Xiangling! So big improvement here, lol... I'll probably go heavier on leveling them and once I hit 1600x go all on character banner.
Nice one! I've really been liking Fischl and good luck for that future Event banner pull! I really like Xiangling having done the trial of her and just having done the first story missions involving her. She's a load of fun and that bear move is super cute. I can't wait to unlock her 🌶️ 🔥

Hey Kyuuji, it's so cool to see you here! <3 If you're playing in the US servers, feel free to add me; I play with my SO almost daily.
[Hidden content]
Hey you, likewise! 💜 Unfortunately I'm all the way over on EU 😩 that's real neat about your SO though. In either case, you'll see me around here. Especially when I progress more and can join in with the convo more than "uh, wut dis?" 😭

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
I might f around and spend 3120 primos on this
character banner at the rate I'm going. I've just been stacking them up and I'm already at AR15...

I like the 5* character a lot, but I'm sure that I'll regret once the next banner comes.

Been playing this game too much lol

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Progress update ~ up to AR 16 and been loving the game still. Like an active love where I'm playing it and occasionally drop the controller a little and am like "this game is so good lol". My party is still Chongyun (C2), Bennett, Fishl and Yanfei who are all at 27 now. I'm really enjoying the dynamics between them and each is fun to use. I read a few pages back how people think Mondstadt is a weak part of the open world and I'm like whaaatt because I have been having such a blast exploring it and keep spending chunks of time just wandering around discovering and clearing things. It's stunning, but obviously it's exciting to know that the areas I have in front of me go even further. I can't wait. Earlier I stumbled into the first part of Liyue I think, gliding down from a large cliff and it was gorgeous. Enjoyed a sunset by the statue and couldn't help a quick screenshot:

gqk97.jpg

I'm even enjoying the story more than I expected. It's lightweight but it's charming, and I'm really enjoying the parts with Venti. So all in all, I continue in just wanting to absorb everything about this game for the moment. I read every post of this thread even if large chunks of it go over my head, but there's enough I do get to start getting an appreciation of the discussion, which is neat.

Finally, I'm at about 66 pulls on the Character Event banner and am debating whether I want to continue to the soft pity at 75 (? I think) and try for Ayaka, or hold off and save it for Yoimiya. I definitely want Shogun but with a month between here and there I'm not sweating it.
Really enjoying reading your impressions and I'm glad you are enjoying it so much.

Honestly since you are so early into the game I would just continue pulling for Ayaka, if you get her then she will be a solid option in future, if you don't and you get one of the permanent 5* characters in the pool then they will help you progress through Mondstadt and Liyue and would mean you are guaranteed a Yoimiya/Raiden ect when their banners are available.

The issue right now is that if you do pull any of the Inazuma characters like Ayaka, Yoimiya or Raiden then you won't be able to build them until you reach Inazuma due to requiring materials from there which might take a while.

That's just my opinion anyway, as you are still progressing you will build up pulls fairly quickly

MadScientist

Oct 27, 2017
Really enjoying reading your impressions and I'm glad you are enjoying it so much.

Honestly since you are so early into the game I would just continue pulling for Ayaka, if you get her then she will be a solid option in future, if you don't and you get one of the permanent 5* characters in the pool then they will help you progress through Mondstadt and Liyue and would mean you are guaranteed a Yoimiya/Raiden ect when their banners are available.

The issue right now is that if you do pull any of the Inazuma characters like Ayaka, Yoimiya or Raiden then you won't be able to build them until you reach Inazuma due to requiring materials from there which might take a while.

That's just my opinion anyway, as you are still progressing you will build up pulls fairly quickly

You can purchase some items in the shop (forget the type of currency, cost like 5 of something). For 5 (forgets name) I got x3 Old Hand Guard items that I was able to use to level up Ayuka past level 20. This is good since I'm not near Inazuma content yet.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
You can purchase some items in the shop (forget the type of currency, cost like 5 of something). For 5 (forgets name) I got x3 Old Hand Guard items that I was able to use to level up Ayuka past level 20. This is good since I'm not near Inazuma content yet.
Oh of course that's a good shout, I didn't think about that. Just remember anyone new reading this to save some of that currency for when the shop resets at the start of every month as you can get 5 event fates and 5 standard fates using the currency you get from pulling 3* weapons

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

gqk97.jpg

Urgh I love this, thanks for sharing.

It really is! Like I'm still just running around the outskirts of Mondstadt but have just got to Liyue I think (I was doing a quest on the outskirts and saw a new statue so lit it up and it was a Geo god one and the area referenced Liyue! The environments are just gorgeous and I always want to see what's over the next cliff or hill as I'm wandering.

Right? It's really good and I just keep loving it more the more I play. Definitely exceeds expectations and it's got a really good feel to it. Like I just feel great when I'm playing it.

Nice one! I've really been liking Fischl and good luck for that future Event banner pull! I really like Xiangling having done the trial of her and just having done the first story missions involving her. She's a load of fun and that bear move is super cute. I can't wait to unlock her 🌶️ 🔥

Hey you, likewise! 💜 Unfortunately I'm all the way over on EU 😩 that's real neat about your SO though. In either case, you'll see me around here. Especially when I progress more and can join in with the convo more than "uh, wut dis?" 😭

Love reading your impressions! :)

So you finally stepped foot into Liyue. What a magical moment that was for me and I put it off for some time to really savour it.
Lemme share a few pictures of Dihua Marsh, the region you arrive in coming from Mondstadt:

51174646248_824e3c3a69_k.jpg

51175209754_115bc8bf9f_k.jpg

51192316881_5a9cc6d420_k.jpg

51175513370_7bdf4c9643_k.jpg

51177403974_d7032f5dde_k.jpg

51164495042_5747c1af22_k.jpg

nomemorial

Oct 27, 2017
I started playing again with the new patch and...wow, it's like I'm playing a different game. I was indifferent to Genshin before, but now? I've played it everyday, dumped some cash into it, gotten friends to start, and I'm having an absolute blast.

"Again" is a strong word as I had to start fresh on my PS account (which was about...20 minutes in?) but I think that worked in my favor as the momentum I used to get "caught up" with where my PC account was (also not very far) kind of propelled me into the game way harder than when I first tried it.

Really excited to keep making progress, but everyone I've been playing with echoes the same sentiments - "I can hardly believe this game is F2P." The world is gorgeous, the character designs are great, there's endless content to pursue...I'm just having a ton of fun.

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
Okay one question for all the folks who reponded to my WL/AR conundrum last night. I saw they posted that for those enemies wizards with the elemental bubble shields. I thought you were supposed to use reactions/opposite elements to break them? But you're telling me your just supposed to spam plain physical DPS damage at them? To me it always seemed like Bursts (which generally do elemental DPS) were what got rid of those bubble shields a lot quicker.

Or is this supposed to be geared towards those elemental fighter enemies/brawlers/gun shooters. Sorry I don't know their names. They have a shield bar below their health bar but no actual *bubble* around them.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I started playing again with the new patch and...wow, it's like I'm playing a different game. I was indifferent to Genshin before, but now? I've played it everyday, dumped some cash into it, gotten friends to start, and I'm having an absolute blast.

"Again" is a strong word as I had to start fresh on my PS account (which was about...20 minutes in?) but I think that worked in my favor as the momentum I used to get "caught up" with where my PC account was (also not very far) kind of propelled me into the game way harder than when I first tried it.

Really excited to keep making progress, but everyone I've been playing with echoes the same sentiments - "I can hardly believe this game is F2P." The world is gorgeous, the character designs are great, there's endless content to pursue...I'm just having a ton of fun.

The game was rushed out the door last year. There was still so much missing and unpolished. By now they added so much content and polished the game up a lot. I'm a bit jealous of how great of an experience newer players have.
The first time I played Genshin was in closed beta before release. That was rough, lol...but I still already loved it back then and saw the diamond in the rough.
I from time to time think about starting the game anew, but playing just on Playstation (my PC and phone aren't powerful enough) makes that difficult and I have now invested so much time and effort (thankfully not money) into the account and have been so fortunate with my character pulls, I can't just start anew.

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
When it comes to raising world level, it pays to realize that Genshin will absolutely give you all the rope you need to hang yourself. If you spread your resources out among too many characters, if you aren't using your resin to run exp & gold leylines, you can find yourself so seriously underleveled that simple overworld battles become a challenge.

You really need to settle on one (maybe two, for elemental coverage) character to dump resources into. It almost doesn't matter who--just so long as you have someone keeping ahead of the enemy levels, with talents maxed, you can drag the rest of your team along.

I definitely made the spreading-too-thin mistake early on. I had to pause and rethink how i played to progress. Definitely sat on a lower WL for a while, until i had a carry leveled up.

Anyway. I got Ayaka to 90, talents at 8/7/8, artifacts at 18. Still a little iffy on her damage--maybe i need to find a way to up her attack (still hovering around ~1600) or her energy recharge (around 150%)? What teams are people using that make Ayaka shine?

Status
Not open for further replies.