Status
Not open for further replies.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I want to start this. Which version should I go for ? Pc/ iOS ? PS4? I want to play on tv :( wish it would work with GeForce now

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
A friend sent me this. It helps a ton. You can also mark the one that you got.

gamewith.net

Genshin | Anemoculus Locations & Interactive Map - GameWith

A full Anemoculus locations map for Genshin Impact! This guide includes where to find, finder, an interactive map with a checker, max level, total num of orbs & finder!

thanks. i'm aware of things like this, i said in-game, as in not referring to external guides. the reason is i would just like to not have to refer to an external guide and have to go back and check all the locations i already got.

Mentok

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm... Okay, thanks for the tips on Kaeya. Guess I'll hold off levelling a 4th until there's a character that really fits that team. I'm okay with playing the long game and waiting for characters I really want anyways.

Oct 27, 2017
My current team:

m47zgvr8cuaf1c8zg.jpg
ml8wuzuuf97zuh4zg.jpg
e2ikad1m0spejmxzg.jpg
yfbefu4qxrhhf02zg.jpg

I really really want Keqing. Love her design

Last edited:

Balbanes

Oct 25, 2017
Alright.. RL has calmed down enough for me to finally try this game. Any things I should keep in mind when starting? (PS4)

Party

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Dec 3, 2018
So any word on the specifics of the pity count carrying over between banners? I know that if you get a non-featured five star on a character banner, then the next five star is guaranteed to be the featured character. So if I drew Mona on the Venti banner, will me getting to the pity count on the Zhong Li banner guarantee me Zhong Li or will it reset so I have 50% for him or some other five star?

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Alright.. RL has calmed down enough for me to finally try this game. Any things I should keep in mind when starting? (PS4)
Focus ur resorces in 2 characters 1st. Damage dealer and a support charcarter. Dont make a team that is all of the same element, like all fire.

Once ur 2 main characters are maxed out to your Rank you can start spending resorces in ur other 2 chars.

Loot everething you see in the world. If it shines. Grabe it.

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
Been plugging away when I have time. Mainly just been running around the world trying to unlock as many waypoints as I can.

Question regarding teams: Is there a specific recommended set of elements to go for among the various options?

I'm currently using a team of Venti, Fischl, Xiangling, and then rotating a bit with the last option though I've been using Kaeya since I like having another melee character along with the frost option. Been focusing on leveling Venti with items and such. Not sure if I should be spreading it around more to keep things balanced. Still trying to get better at switching characters out quickly to trigger the element combinations based on a couple videos I have set, but I feel I haven't gotten the timing still.

I'd really like to get Diluc at some point since he seems pretty cool and also quite strong based on what I'm reading, though that's ultimately a complete luck of the draw. Not sure if I should try pulling on the available banners now with the free currency they gave out or if there's some specific character to try for coming up.

dodo667418

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 28, 2017
I'm gonna hit AR39 tomorrow and probably AR40 on the weekend. I'm looking forward to it because I actually have some Mora saved and I got most ascension mats for my five main characters ready... but I'm almost out of hero XP cards and weapon enhancement gems. Gonna be a long grind until I have all of them on 80. I might probably skip my support characters for now and focus on my main DPS, going all out with lvl 80 character, lvl 80 weapon and maxed out talents first. Well ascension for all characters first, then focus on main DPS, then slowly upgrading the rest as well. I think that's the best plan for the coming weeks. But man, I'm looking forward to lvl 80 all Keqing with the Aquila Favonia. She's already incredible at 70.

MissCauthon

Oct 25, 2017
I just started the game, are there any tips or things i should or should not do, like waste some items or stuff like that lol. I made it to town and unlocked wishes or what ever that stuff is...

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Trying to get xiangling for my constellation is hard in the spiral abyss. Guess I'm under leveled

LuuKyK

Oct 29, 2017
Brazil
I downloaded the mobile version just to try it out and got Diluc, FIschl and Jean in the first two pulls, meanwhile in the PS4 version I got Bennett and Xiangling. Are you fuckin kidding me? lol

Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna hit AR39 tomorrow and probably AR40 on the weekend. I'm looking forward to it because I actually have some Mora saved and I got most ascension mats for my five main characters ready... but I'm almost out of hero XP cards and weapon enhancement gems. Gonna be a long grind until I have all of them on 80. I might probably skip my support characters for now and focus on my main DPS, going all out with lvl 80 character, lvl 80 weapon and maxed out talents first. Well ascension for all characters first, then focus on main DPS, then slowly upgrading the rest as well. I think that's the best plan for the coming weeks. But man, I'm looking forward to lvl 80 all Keqing with the Aquila Favonia. She's already incredible at 70.

I am about to hit AR40, here is my bank:

I have enough books for 2 characters, though I am lacking those elemental gems/chunks. Weapon materials all good, lacking only a few purple ascention mats. I still have the "second wind" in the shape of final BP stages, but yeah, farming farming farming will be the name of the game :(

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Never gonna ascend barbara, this Oceanid is impossible lol

I thought I was doing zero damage to the World Level 3 version and gave up the first two times I attempted it and with a slightly stronger team ended up beating it on try 3. The trick seemed to be to trigger and stack elemental reactions rather than going for raw damage and maybe one reaction.

dodo667418

Oct 28, 2017
I want to start this. Which version should I go for ? Pc/ iOS ? PS4? I want to play on tv :( wish it would work with GeForce now

PC and iOS have cross-save, so you can play on PC (and on TV if you are able to connect your PC) and continue on iOS on the go. The Switch version will possibly be added to that pool as well when it comes out. The PS4 version is separate. It has cross-play, so you can play with your friends on PC/mobile, but you can't share your progress with the other platforms.

If you intend to be a F2P player, it might be worth re-rolling until you have a decent starter character roster. Only do this if you are patient and don't mind grind in general. Basically you play for roughly 30 minutes until you can do ~30-40 wishes (gacha pulls). If you get something good (at least one 5* character for example), you keep playing. If you are not happy with your pulls, you do it all from scratch. Look up some YT tutorials on re-rolling for optimal routes and procedure to get it done as quick as possible (I think if you follow all steps it takes 20 minutes). Of course this is tedious, but you'll honestly have more fun if you start the game with a Diluc, Keqing etc. right from the beginning. That's not to say you can't have fun with the F2P characters as well. They are very decent too and more than enough to clear most content, so forget what I just said if you just want to play this game casually.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Ekt-RXuXIAEX-GK

Pulled Ningguang today (along with a *5 Spear) off two single rolls on the standard banner. Roster is 15 deep now. Got Ningguang up to 50 and I'm really liking her going to have to put her in my active roster.

dodo667418

Oct 28, 2017
I am about to hit AR40, here is my bank:

I have enough books for 2 characters, though I am lacking those elemental gems/chunks. Weapon materials all good, lacking only a few purple ascention mats. I still have the "second wind" in the shape of final BP stages, but yeah, farming farming farming will be the name of the game :(
Oh that looks good, you are way better set with books than I am. Still bonkers that that is only enough for 2 characters haha. I'm also super thankful for the BP. Didn't realise just how much stuff you get in the later stages. Especially the mora payouts are a god-send. But yeah like you say, farming farming farming in the next few days and weeks. I'd also like to get my artifact grind starting, but that will probably have to wait for a bit more.

Oct 25, 2017
If I kill enemies with my level 20 character and he has reached the cap who does the xp go to or is it wasted ?
Wasted but exp from killing enemies is nearly nothing. I've had my xiangling sitting at level 40 (ascended, so she has the potential to go to level 50 with enough exp) for like a week and a half and all that time killing shit has not resulted in a new level for her. I think she's like 75% of the way to level 41

greenbird

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Never gonna ascend barbara, this Oceanid is impossible lol

Is it the whole fight in general, or specific enemies it spawns? Those birds are the only things that ever give me trouble in the fight, gotta hit and move quick before the swoop. It's kind of random if you even get them, as I've fought it before and they never showed up. Cryo and Electric characters really shine in that fight.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The attention to detail, the animations and effects of characters in this game are on another level:

Direct link in case embedding doesn't work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1C3ux-tXe0

And there are already about 30 characters, each with the same care put into them.

Ekt-RXuXIAEX-GK

Pulled Ningguang today (along with a *5 Spear) off two single rolls on the standard banner. Roster is 15 deep now. Got Ningguang up to 50 and I'm really liking her going to have to put her in my active roster.

Look up. :)

martson2

Dec 18, 2017
Trust me, I was using Razor for the Oceanid fight and enemies were shrugging off his hits like he was whacking them with a Fun Noodle. And as I mentioned in a previous post, Razor is a glass cannon, so if he takes more than a few hits (from enemies who don't flinch at all, no less) he's completely out of the fight. It's just not viable for me to fight that thing when everything is tanking my hits like I'm a small child trying to stop a school bus with a wiffle bat.

I've heard people say they have more success fighting it with ranged characters vs. melee and that seems like it would probably make sense, since a bunch of the enemies it spawns are fliers and Razor can't do anything against airborne targets.

You need a healer then. I know you have Barbara because she is free at level 20. I find the Oceanid easy with barbara on the team. Give her the 3 star thrilling tales book and refine it. If you have been pulling you probably have about 20. At refine level 5 the book gives a 48% damage boost for the next team member summoned, start with her, switch to damage when the first set of enemies spawn, if your guy loses health call Barb use her R2 (ps4) switch back in damage and they heal..... if damage gets low just call Barb again and pop ult..........boom everyone is full health again.

I am only AR34 and I have 4 max characters at 60 with level 60 weapons all waiting to ascend. They don't include any 5 stars and are running mix and match artifacts and can easily clear any current levelled content so I don't get how your having this much trouble with your current roster at the AR level you are at??

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
Xiangling, chongyun, fischl and barbara are the main four i use, kept traveller, amber and ningguang levelled not too far behind though

Chong and Fischl desimate that fight. Ice ring then swap out to Fischl + Bird while their defence is down. She melts the birds as well because they are super squishy. You can throw Noelle into the mix to shield up each phase .

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
Soooo is this actually good, or just a "full size" gacha treadmill? Seems pretty robust for a F2P game, is the monetization just on character pulls?

WhiskerFrisker

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Fuck I started playing this game on Friday for real and I fell for it. I told myself I wouldn't pay and I already spent $20 🥴 I wanted Venti and I never got him. Should I passively try for Diluc? I've wasted all of my gems so I don't have enough for 10 wishes lmao.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, my boss clear this week was soooooo much easier to do. Glad to see good progress on my Xiangling. The trick where you give Barbara this book that gives an atk buff to the next person who switches in helps a lot too.

Soooo is this actually good, or just a "full size" gacha treadmill? Seems pretty robust for a F2P game, is the monetization just on character pulls?
It's a legit good game, and most of the gacha treadmill trappings don't really appear until a good 30ish hours into the game, when you get to the end of the current story and don't have much left to do besides grind for levels and gear. It plays mostly like an ARPG with actual story quests and stuff until then.

The gacha mechanics are placed around character/rare weapon pulls and the (very low) income of premium currency. Your typical stamina system, while very stingy and harsh once you get to it, is related to clearing instances and bosses that drop better gear for you which, again, you don't even see until like two dozen hours into the game.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PC and iOS have cross-save, so you can play on PC (and on TV if you are able to connect your PC) and continue on iOS on the go. The Switch version will possibly be added to that pool as well when it comes out. The PS4 version is separate. It has cross-play, so you can play with your friends on PC/mobile, but you can't share your progress with the other platforms.

If you intend to be a F2P player, it might be worth re-rolling until you have a decent starter character roster. Only do this if you are patient and don't mind grind in general. Basically you play for roughly 30 minutes until you can do ~30-40 wishes (gacha pulls). If you get something good (at least one 5* character for example), you keep playing. If you are not happy with your pulls, you do it all from scratch. Look up some YT tutorials on re-rolling for optimal routes and procedure to get it done as quick as possible (I think if you follow all steps it takes 20 minutes). Of course this is tedious, but you'll honestly have more fun if you start the game with a Diluc, Keqing etc. right from the beginning. That's not to say you can't have fun with the F2P characters as well. They are very decent too and more than enough to clear most content, so forget what I just said if you just want to play this game casually.
Ok I'm lost. Just played 15m on pc. I don't understand anything I'm reading 😅

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Fuck I started playing this game on Friday for real and I fell for it. I told myself I wouldn't pay and I already spent $20 🥴 I wanted Venti and I never got him. Should I passively try for Diluc? I've wasted all of my gems so I don't have enough for 10 wishes lmao.

There is no real trying for a certain 5 star unless it's a rate up banner
Don't spend money looking for a specific character on a standard banner, there are many other 5 star characters or weapons possible
You can of course get absurdly lucky, or you could sink in $1000 for nothing

lemonade

May 8, 2018
I've heard people say they have more success fighting it with ranged characters vs. melee and that seems like it would probably make sense, since a bunch of the enemies it spawns are fliers and Razor can't do anything against airborne targets.

Razor's charged E can almost one shot all the flying targets if you gear him correctly.

Like others have said, a lot of your complaints are just the result of you not understanding the mechanics correctly. Your roster is more than enough to clear all the content beside abyss.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
Is it the whole fight in general, or specific enemies it spawns? Those birds are the only things that ever give me trouble in the fight, gotta hit and move quick before the swoop. It's kind of random if you even get them, as I've fought it before and they never showed up. Cryo and Electric characters really shine in that fight.

The boars was where i just couldn't do anything, their health comes back and my chars start getting killed by the one hit k.o thing lol. I'll just have to stick at it and do what others have mentioned, maybe level up some more

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Don't spend money looking for a specific character on a standard banner, there are many other 5 star characters or weapons possible

Yep. I've bought the Battle Pass and I bought one set of the $15 crystals because I felt like it and this game has given me a ton of hours of content so I didn't mind paying for it. But I'm not going to spend a ton of money when the chances of getting the character you want are simply put, abysmal.

I guess the gacha people think they can get people to keep spending hoping they'll get lucky, but it had the opposite effect on me. It made me want to spend less knowing I'll never get who I want.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Yep. I've bought the Battle Pass and I bought one set of the $15 crystals because I felt like it and this game has given me a ton of hours of content so I didn't mind paying for it. But I'm not going to spend a ton of money when the chances of getting the character you want are simply put, abysmal.

I guess the gacha people think they can get people to keep spending hoping they'll get lucky, but it had the opposite effect on me. It made me want to spend less knowing I'll never get who I want.

Yeah the terrible rates have actually saved me from spending outside the blessing
They haven't hit that dopamine sweet spot where even a trash pull makes you feel ok enough to continue
A trash roll in this game makes you never want to spend again

WhiskerFrisker

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City

What do I get with the battle pass?

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Hunting down these geo and anemo collectibles is so bad. The fact that there's no way to track it in game is rough.

Status
Not open for further replies.