Status
Not open for further replies.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I really don't care about tiers given this game requires spending a lot of money to get dupes to unlock constellations to get characters to their maximum potential, I just want characters that look cool and are enjoyable to use. Noelle is good fun, pop the shield and elemental skill then you can just spin around in the middle of a big group of enemies for free with a huge sword.

Razor does the same spin move with the giant sword, except he gets super edgy and brings out his ghost edge wolf to do big swipe damage in his ultimate. He plays like a Noelle that dishes more damage.

Leandras

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Had no idea this is F2P. I'll try it out since it looks like a fun distraction

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Razor does the same spin move with the giant sword, except he gets super edgy and brings out his ghost edge wolf to do big swipe damage in his ultimate. He plays like a Noelle that dishes more damage.
And that being exactly why I don't like him, can't stand anything about his design.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
So I'm going to the official site linked in the OP to download the game for PC, right? It's not loading or doing anything on the very first page. Symbols start to load and then nothing. Is there a direct link anyone has so I can get the dl started?

Kitaj

Oct 30, 2017
Ok, unfortunately this is where i bow out. Having a lot of fun with the game in general but not enjoying the characters I have so far but I pressed on and reached AR15, thinking it would get more as I unlocked more...

Did a story quest where I got to play as Diluc and thought - "this is where the fun begins" solid AA, great R2, amazing Triangle. He left my party I checked how to get it and it's 0.6% on a 10 pull which costs around 30$...... I mean he's clearly a better melee character than anyone on my team right now but the chances are so slim to get him I think I kind lost all will to play knowing there's a char out there that could improve my enjoyment of the game but will never have it. My first and last gatcha I think. :(

MasteroFlich

Banned
Jun 15, 2020
So I'm going to the official site linked in the OP to download the game for PC, right? It's not loading or doing anything on the very first page. Symbols start to load and then nothing. Is there a direct link anyone has so I can get the dl started?
you should get an browser pop up with exe. its simple. (if it works)

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
you should get an browser pop up with exe. its simple. (if it works)
I'm going to the link below and I don't have a pop up blocker or ad-block enabled. Nothing happening on Chrome. Guess I can try Edge...
edit: loaded right up on Edge... thx Google.
genshin.mihoyo.com

Genshin Impact – Step Into a Vast Magical World of Adventure

Genshin Impact is an open-world action RPG. In the game, set forth on a journey across a fantasy world called Teyvat. In this vast world, you can explore seven nations, meet a diverse cast of characters with unique personalities and abilities, and fight powerful enemies together with them, all...

adz2ka

Nov 1, 2017
A friend and I had the day off and tried it on the PS4 today.
It's great, but I don't think I'll play it that much. There's far too much micromanaging and you can't just pick and play like you can on the mobile - the fact that there's no PS4 and mobile cross progression is absolutely absurd in 2020.

It would be nice if there was a little more variation on character customisation and exploration, but for a F2P the current level of content is pretty decent.

What the actual fuck is this monetization? The premium currency is Genesis Crystals, which you can convert into Primogems, which you can use to buy two different types of Fates, which you can use to actually make pulls from the banner. It's like they actively tried to make it confusing.

Anyway, the game is pretty good. Really scratches that BOTW itch and outclasses it in some respects IMO, I vastly prefer the combat here. My only complaint is that the controls on mobile are a little cramped for my taste which forces me to stop playing after an hour or two. I have a Razer Kishi that I would love to use with this so I hope controller support comes sooner rather than later (and based on this Reddit post I saw, it could becoming very soon indeed).
This my speculation but I believe it a way to get around gambling rules and in some sense kinda force users to think twice about spending money too quickly.

As for the controller support, the company is pretty active with user feedback so it good that they are willing to look into things.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
In general we need more truly open world JRPGs ike Genshin. There are so few and most have really shallow and lifeless worlds. Genshin is one of the very best yet.
Also, someone earlier said the characters don't match the environment. I don't think that is true at all, lol. Genshin has a very cohesive look. Looks just like a playable anime.
Nice shots! :)

Speaking of open world, do we know how they're gonna expand the map? If yes, any time-frames?

I know you keep your ear to the ground, that's why I'm bothering you. xD

MasteroFlich

Banned
Jun 15, 2020
so, this game supports (also between ps4 and pc) co-op, right.

is it locked behind some requierement or can i just co-op right away?

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
Pulled 1 venti banner and the 2 begginer banner
Got noelle, razor and 2 bennet's from begginer and sucrose from the venti

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of open world, do we know how they're gonna expand the map? If yes, any time-frames?

I know you keep your ear to the ground, that's why I'm bothering you. xD

They will be adding 6 more regions to the game: Next is Inazuma (Japanese-inspired), then Sumeru (Middle Eastern-inspired), then Fontaine (French(?)-inspired), then Natlan (no idea on the inspiration), then Snezhnaya (Russian-inspired), then Kaenri'ah (no idea on the inspiration). A time frame we have not...
They just recently released this trailer of what to expect in the future:

I'm enjoying the English dub quite a bit and English Paimon is... great!

Yeah, it is actually a really good dub. I don't get people outright claiming it is bad. I guess, they call every dub bad in general. There seem to be those people... :/

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
They wil be adding 5 more regions to the game: Inazuma (Japanese-inspired), then Sumeru (Middle Eastern-inspired), then Fontaine (French(?)-inspired), then Natlan (no idea on the inspiration), then Snezhnaya (Russian-inspired), then Kaenri'ah (no idea on the inspiration). A time frame we have not...
They just recently released this trailer of what to expect:

Thank you as well. Inazuma and Sumeru sound sweet. I've been itching to run around something that's middle eastern inspired and doesn't have fuckin' guns.

Deleted member 29464

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I'm definitely feeling overwhelmed by the gacha stuff and not knowing what the best way to spend resources or manage weapons is.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm enjoying the English dub quite a bit and English Paimon is... great!
I love it too but there's one major problem with it though. Seeing as it's clear that the cannon story is that the brother is the hero if you pick the sister when they refer to you brother they say sister instead of brother while the subtiles will still say brother. That does actually bug me a little and I don't know if the other voices do that.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I'm definitely feeling overwhelmed by the gacha stuff and not knowing what the best way to spend resources or manage weapons is.
Just do like I do and main the story characters :') no need to pull. And completing adventurer's guild tiers gets you some rare tier weapons 4+ stars. By the time im ready to roll, these units everyone is bragging about will be garbo.

/Salty

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
I started (and really liked) the first hour or so of this game on PS4, then decided I might rather switch to PC with higher framerate, but so far I have crashed 3 times in the opening few scenes - have not even made it past the boy and the dragon so far. Anyone else experiencing this?

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I started (and really liked) the first hour or so of this game on PS4, then decided I might rather switch to PC with higher framerate, but so far I have crashed 3 times in the opening few scenes - have not even made it past the boy and the dragon so far. Anyone else experiencing this?
No problems here. Currently playing on my 1440p monitor @ 60 on a 2080S/3700x.

I can run this @ 4k if I wanted to ( I did during the beta).

Elemental combinations sheet
OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Very usefull sheet of all the elemental combinations and their effects:

Screenshot_20200929-021714_YouTube.jpg

Tomo815

Banned
Jul 19, 2019
Guys can somebody explain the whole 'set' of accessories? I dont get it.

Also played some more, about 10 hours. Game is pretty but a bit shallow so far.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Also played some more, about 10 hours. Game is pretty but a bit shallow so far.

Artifacts are all part of a set. Equipping two of a set grants one passive and equipping four grants another. You can also level up artifacts to increase their individual stats, using other artifacts as fodder.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Each artifact has a name. So "traveler's XXXX" is part of the "traveler's" set. "Lucky XXXX" is part of the lucky set etc etc. If you put a traveler's artifact in 2 slots, you will get a set bonus. If you place 4 items, you will get a second effect.

You can enhance artifacts too and increase their abilities.

Edit: I got ganked.

chrisdm

Oct 27, 2017
Northeast United States
I'm sure this may have been asked a bunch so I apologize if so - I'm having trouble searching the topic for the keyword 'book' for some reason, but should I be holding onto EXP books for late game instead or not using them at all?

I've been having trouble finding an opinion one way or the other on this and I don't want to screw myself once I end up being rewarded with them less if that makes sense.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Paimon in English actually has some great writing and delivery
I had multiple instances now where a character said something and I went "what the hell are you talking about?" and Paimon literally went "What the heck does this even mean???"

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure this may have been asked a bunch so I apologize if so - I'm having trouble searching the topic for the keyword 'book' for some reason, but should I be holding onto EXP books for late game instead or not using them at all?

I've been having trouble finding an opinion one way or the other on this and I don't want to screw myself once I end up being rewarded with them less if that makes sense.

They are the primary way to level up, so use them at will.

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019
You need a pretty high adventure level to ascend your characters. It's weird having everyone at max level when I havent even been playing that long.

Status
Not open for further replies.