CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I can see part 2 outselling part 1 if they:

-Qol some issues from part 1 and general improvement
-Bundles part 1 with 2, I mean they already did that with kh and ffx
-Cross gen sales
-Large and more content than part 1, leave the general story in tact.

People will already get extremely hyped if they show some bigger areas, the Midgar Zolom and Yuffie and Vincent.

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
9xyxeswzams41.jpg
EVn35-dUUAEYssh.jpg%3Alarge

Celebrate these numbers with some art šŸ˜³

Artgerm is an awesome artist :) These are beautiful.

SgtCobra

Oct 25, 2017
If it's true then it's totally deserved, it's in my top 3 this gen and it's not 3.

I believe the following parts are going to sell a lot less
Why?
Because of the ending? Nah, only a portion of the fanbase that played the original are disappointed by that.
Only reason you could be right is if it's next gen only, in that case it's quite obvious it will sell less than on a console with +100m users.

El Manco

Oct 28, 2017
Very good opening for FF VII Remake, but I even expected a bit more, closer to 3 million players.
The number does not include players in US that started the game on Sunday afternoon or evening. But that country already appears in gamstat as the region with more players of the Remake.

During first days number of players is smaller than sales. So, expecting Square-Enix to announce 4-5 million shipped units (including digital sales)

Deleted member 65994

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 14, 2020

Pallo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
One of the best games I have ever played. Can't wait for the following parts.

El Manco

Oct 28, 2017
Really good in fact, there is a steady amount of new players and a healty player base.

XNVI8dC.png
+470,000 New Players
+380,000 Old Players who earned at least a new trophy
+??? Old Players who played but did not get any new trophy

There is really a strong community of active GT Sport players. I can see now why PD keeps updating the game with new cars and tracks so often.

Last edited:

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad for Square Enix, the game is amazing! Nice present for PS4's final year.

May 30, 2018
TLOU has 1.1 million monthly active users for a 7 year old game, not surprising for the best MP last gen. Too bad it got jettisoned off to be it's own thing and we have to wait much longer

It will do that much on PS4 alone for sure. Possibly. PC/Xbox might add another 3 or 4 million.

In no universe was it going sell better than Spider-Man. What is #2 Uncharted 4 or God Of War?

Will reach that well before a year is up. 2 million in less than a week while being supply constrained.

#1 is actually UC4 I believe, it got bundled so hard with PS4. I myself have 2 copies unopened lol, that's how widely distributed it was

more than 700k copies were sold in Japan in retail first week

www.famitsu.com

ć€ć‚½ćƒ•ćƒˆļ¼†ćƒćƒ¼ćƒ‰é€±é–“č²©å£²ę•°ć€‘ć€ŽFF7 ćƒŖćƒ”ć‚¤ć‚Æ怏恌70.3äø‡ęœ¬ć§1位ļ¼ PS4ļ¼†PS4 Proć‚‚åˆč؈7.9äø‡å°ćØå¤§å¹…å¢—ć€4/6ļ½ž4/12怑 | ć‚²ćƒ¼ćƒ ćƒ»ć‚Øćƒ³ć‚æćƒ”ęœ€ę–°ęƒ…å ±ć®ćƒ•ć‚”ćƒŸé€š.com

ćƒ•ć‚”ćƒŸé€šē™ŗč”Øć®å£²äøŠćƒ©ćƒ³ć‚­ćƒ³ć‚°ć€‚今回ćÆ2020幓4꜈6ę—„ļ½ž4꜈12ę—„ć®ć‚²ćƒ¼ćƒ ć‚½ćƒ•ćƒˆļ¼†ćƒćƒ¼ćƒ‰é€±é–“ęŽØå®šč²©å£²ę•°ć¾ćØć‚ć‚’ćŠå±Šć‘ć€‚

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
more than 700k copies were sold in Japan in retail first week

www.famitsu.com

ć€ć‚½ćƒ•ćƒˆļ¼†ćƒćƒ¼ćƒ‰é€±é–“č²©å£²ę•°ć€‘ć€ŽFF7 ćƒŖćƒ”ć‚¤ć‚Æ怏恌70.3äø‡ęœ¬ć§1位ļ¼ PS4ļ¼†PS4 Proć‚‚åˆč؈7.9äø‡å°ćØå¤§å¹…å¢—ć€4/6ļ½ž4/12怑 | ć‚²ćƒ¼ćƒ ćƒ»ć‚Øćƒ³ć‚æćƒ”ęœ€ę–°ęƒ…å ±ć®ćƒ•ć‚”ćƒŸé€š.com

ćƒ•ć‚”ćƒŸé€šē™ŗč”Øć®å£²äøŠćƒ©ćƒ³ć‚­ćƒ³ć‚°ć€‚今回ćÆ2020幓4꜈6ę—„ļ½ž4꜈12ę—„ć®ć‚²ćƒ¼ćƒ ć‚½ćƒ•ćƒˆļ¼†ćƒćƒ¼ćƒ‰é€±é–“ęŽØå®šč²©å£²ę•°ć¾ćØć‚ć‚’ćŠå±Šć‘ć€‚
700k physical during pandemic with 80k hardware is very good. Let's say 800-850 with digital in Japan. It's Ā« only Ā» 1.5 millions in the rest of the world for 2.3 millions total. Should end the first week at 3-3.5 millions. Hope it does so good to warrant the next one fast

Perfo

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I hope it's gonna sell more than FFXV on the long run honestly, the direction taken is better and we have to send a sign to them to continue on improving on that path.

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
700k physical during pandemic with 80k hardware is very good. Let's say 800-850 with digital in Japan. It's Ā« only Ā» 1.5 millions in the rest of the world for 2.3 millions total. Should end the first week at 3-3.5 millions. Hope it does so good to warrant the next one fast
It more than likely hit over 1 million in Japan when you add digital. The sales have to be much higher than 2.3 million ww

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Boy, yes.

Other observations after the new gamstat update :

1 million players for Resident Evil 3 debut (Resident Evil 2 total is now above 5 million).

Shadow of the Colossus reaches 8 million players after being on PS+.

Control is nearing 1 million players thanks to the PS Now inclusion (+ 380K between Mar 12 - Apr 12).

Death Stranding gains 200K during the month and breaks 3 million players total. Days Gone still have fuel (+ 440K, 6,5M total).

With the PS+ push, Uncharted 4 remains the PS4 exclusive with the most players (28,7 million), but Spider-Man gained another 860K during the month and has now 24,4 million total. God of War follows with 21,3 million.
How much did U4, GOW, SP sell without PS+?

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
props to square and everyone involved. Well deserved, can't wait for PC players and xbox owners to enjoy this masterpiece

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
That's extra impressive considering the physical release was sorta compromised. You could say the same for digital with the throttled download speeds. This isn't a small game.

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
It has been a truly remarkable experience, so it's well deserved. I hope it continues to rise a lot in sales.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
+470,000 New Players

There is really a strong community of active GT Sport players. I can see now why PD keeps updating the game with new cars and tracks so often.
Getting closer and closer to legacy numbers. I expect it to match GT2 in total sold by the time the next GT releases.

Steiner_Zi

Oct 28, 2017
I hope this shows sqex that they should focus on linear games, not on shitty open world FFXV like games.
I think there should be a mix like the older FF games were or e.g. Witcher 2 zones. FFVIIR feels so claustrophobic at times with its ultra-narrow corridors and constant loading times disguised as wall squeezes (up to Ch8 so don't know if that changes later). I don't want a FFXV open-world but please give me the illusion of a larger world that I can explore even if the game is linear.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
+470,000 New Players

Two of my buddies play it regularly. Both went and bought wheels with it, and this is from people that have bought 1 year ago.

I think there should be a mix like the older FF games were or e.g. Witcher 2 zones. FFVIIR feels so claustrophobic at times with its ultra-narrow corridors and constant loading times disguised as wall squeezes (up to Ch8 so don't know if that changes later). I don't want a FFXV open-world but please give me the illusion of a larger world that I can explore even if the game is linear.
At least they shouldn;t have to worry about loading times next gen

Oct 24, 2019

Yep, wide linear ala God of War is the way to go

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
Does this data also count people who plays games while 'appearing offline' ?

I'm guessing not since when appearing offline when playing games it doesn't even popup you played the game in the PS activity thing below

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Very good opening for FF VII Remake, but I even expected a bit more, closer to 3 million players.
The number does not include players in US that started the game on Sunday afternoon or evening. But that country already appears in gamstat as the region with more players of the Remake.

During first days number of players is smaller than sales. So, expecting Square-Enix to announce 4-5 million shipped units (including digital sales)
I'd imagine physical copy shortages as well as the whole COVID-19 situation shutting down stores in many countries affect these numbers some. Probably would've done better without those.

ScionN7

Oct 26, 2019
Considering we're in an unprecedented global pandemic right now, these numbers are pretty damn great.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
And considering most people are home rn and it released on a friday it's really not a surprise most people booted the game up the first few days it launched, while KH3 and FFXV released on Tuesdays during busy work weeks.

The game is supply constrained. Plenty of people don't have it, can't get it, and probably really want to.

LOL why are you trying to downplay these numbers.

Wheatly

Nov 18, 2017
Hope it does well!

This is the only JRPG that feels as great as the ones from the PS1 and PS2 era - it's been a long time since I've enjoyed this genre as much

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
I'll take this as that the game is super successful (I mean knowing that those numbers are different from sales). I'm happy with that.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and foreverā„¢
Sep 24, 2019
Hope it does well!

This is the only JRPG that feels as great as the ones from the PS1 and PS2 era - it's been a long time since I've enjoyed this genre as much
It's not really a JRPG, though. Also, I feel like people are conveniently forgetting about Dragon Quest and Persona with statements like this.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is this site reliable? I know the numbers aren't sales exactly, but it's interesting to see the amount of players for all games.