KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
lol, what about all the new games you havent played?

they rarely include new games. that's kind of the issue. they are years old most of the time...in which case i've more than likely played them already. and in MS's case, their exclusive day 1 access sounds great...until you realise you're accessing their largely mediocre exclusive library of games. i mean, the ability to play crackdown for a tenner is a tenner too much tbh

as people have said. it's good for a bunch of games you would never have tried in the first place...much the same as PS+ and games with gold. but time is valuable and i'd rather spend it playing the games i WANT to try, not waste it playing a bunch of random stuff i barely had an interest in in the first place, you know?

that's the netflix issue too imo. you effectively channel surf sifting through absolute shit that is typically old, and you kind of wonder what it is you're paying for. being able to watch the handful of decent shows that are actually new doesn't really warrant the purchase imo.

JimD

Aug 17, 2018
Game Pass plus Microsoft Rewards is what's guaranteeing I'll get the next Xbox first. I paid roughly $80 for two years of Live on ebay. Combined that with months of Game Pass I earned via rewards (only since February) and I now have Game Pass Ultimate till July of 2022. And In a couple weeks I'll add another month of Ultimate via the current Rewards promotion.
It's ridiculous how little Microsoft is charging when you factor in the minimal time required to earn Rewards. Unless Sony does some kind of crazy promotion that's remotely comporable I can't see PS Now winning me over.

Mashy

Oct 28, 2017
Nah, Sony will have (/has) their own variation. Even then, I prefer physical so I probs wont sub.

If I feel the need to get gamepass, itll be for PC.

PC - PS5 - Switch 2 for next gen.

zuf

Oct 25, 2017
I've had game pass a couple of times. It's great service but the all you can eat buffet doesn't work as well for me for games as it does for TV and movies. I'd rather just pay $60 for one game (or something on sale) I really want to play for a couple of months.

Manixramz

Apr 4, 2018
It's more likely the bigger publishers will create their own services and sidestep GamePass. Has already happened with EA and now Ubisoft.

Indies will find a home with GamePass as they already have done.
Yes

Also gamepass is more like for people that not buying much games and rather play what is available for them. Sweet deal if there is always games available to play.
But games that I really want to play or hyped not coming to game pass?
Like busy q1 2020 release, game pass will be idle for most gamers

It's simply Not for gamers that actively buying big games and most annual release or franchise.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
I have been completely out of the loop with this thing called Game Pass. Is it a subscription service similar to PS Now? What are the pros and cons of it?
Game Subscription where you can play all of Microsoft 1st party games day of release. Indie games also day 1 release (that's up to the developer) but a lot of newer indie games. Also you have big third party games come some time after release (DMCV, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Metro Exodus) for $10/mo, or get Game Pass Ultimate thats $15/mo and it comes with Xbox Live Gold (until march you can also get 6 months of Spotify free). There currently is no streaming on it (yet, I still believe it will come). You also have a slew of other titles on the service as well. The best part is 1st party day 1, some indies day 1, fairly new games released on it all for a cheap price.

bane833

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I have no interest in renting games and I also want to play the best this industry has to offer which is mostly on other platforms. That's why Gamepass isn't really an option for me.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Game Subscription where you can play all of Microsoft 1st party games day of release. Indie games also day 1 release (that's up to the developer) but a lot of newer indie games. Also you have big third party games come some time after release (DMCV, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Metro Exodus) for $10/mo, or get Game Pass Ultimate thats $15/mo and it comes with Xbox Live Gold (until march you can also get 6 months of Spotify free). There currently is no streaming on it (yet, I still believe it will come). You also have a slew of other titles on the service as well. The best part is 1st party day 1, some indies day 1, fairly new games released on it all for a cheap price.
Hmm interesting. I suppose it is worthwhile. Good for people who can appreciate a service like this. Not something I necessarily like because outside of movies and TV, I really dislike subscription-based services, especially when I much prefer to own my games. Maybe one day I'll consider it.

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Complete opposite for me. Any Xbox Game Studios game i'd be interested in, I can play for pennies on PC now thanks to Gamepass.

Playstation on the other hand always has a selection of must-play games that can't be played anywhere else. The PC + Playstation combo has literally never been better.

jakoo

Oct 27, 2017
I am of the same frame of mind. If they eventually get an xCloud app on the Switch as well, it will be 100% an easy call.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
Hmm interesting. I suppose it is worthwhile. Good for people who can appreciate a service like this. Not something I necessarily like because outside of movies and TV, I really dislike subscription-based services, especially when I much prefer to own my games. Maybe one day I'll consider it.
Sign up, play the game you want and remove from sub. No need to stay permanently subscribed unless you want to.

Deleted member 18951

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
they rarely include new games. that's kind of the issue. they are years old most of the time...in which case i've more than likely played them already. and in MS's case, their exclusive day 1 access sounds great...until you realise you're accessing their largely mediocre exclusive library of games. i mean, the ability to play crackdown for a tenner is a tenner too much tbh

as people have said. it's good for a bunch of games you would never have tried in the first place...much the same as PS+ and games with gold. but time is valuable and i'd rather spend it playing the games i WANT to try, not waste it playing a bunch of random stuff i barely had an interest in in the first place, you know?

that's the netflix issue too imo. you effectively channel surf sifting through absolute shit that is typically old, and you kind of wonder what it is you're paying for. being able to watch the handful of decent shows that are actually new doesn't really warrant the purchase imo.

The Outer Worlds, Felix the Reaper and After Party are all releasing this month on Game Pass - no interest in any of those? I'm not going to list every title that has launched into the service (cause there's too many) but to say it's all old titles is just disingenuous to the extreme and screams of someone trying to paint a false narrative.

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I already decided to move to Xbox, one of the reasons is GP. But I'm gonna miss Yakuzas, maybe I'll get a PS5 for them later.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I'll inevitably get both at some point, but Game Pass - with the 3-year sub from the transition - is looking like an awfully compelling reason to buy into Xbox first.

Even if I don't maintain the sub after it expires, it'll mean I can dive right into a number of launch titles.

Folie

Dec 16, 2017
Currently subscribe to Gamepass and use it a fair bit, like others it won't be the thing to sway me. As ever, will come down to the exclusives, an area where for my tastes in games MS has a lot of catching up to do

Deleted member 18951

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Complete opposite for me. Any Xbox Game Studios game i'd be interested in, I can play for pennies on PC now thanks to Gamepass.

Playstation on the other hand always has a selection of must-play games that can't be played anywhere else. The PC + Playstation combo has literally never been better.

I'll just wait a few months and play them for pennies on PS Now and seeing as they are mainly going to be single player games I'll only sub a few times a year.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Ps now have limited time marquee titles now, I imagine this is where Sony will spend the big money for big titles, they got freakin GTA V for ps now. Before people saying its old game, GTA V is still on many sales chart even now. Getting that for psnow is huge imo.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Tbh the 4K Blu-Ray player is the only reason I got a Xbox One S. Gamepass on PC will be quite enough, and if PS5 doesn't have a 4K BR player, I'll just stick with the XOS.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Only way that I'd go xbox over ps is if they had exclusive games tgat i would enjoy. Unfortunately, that doesn't look to be the case.

Parker Petrov

Nov 1, 2017

While psnow is fine service its really not the same as gamepass when it comes to content. PSNow doesn't have major 3rd party games coming into the service at relevant timetables, or third party games launching day and date into the service or first-party games at launch.

PSnow works fine for what it is. its not a bad service but the two services aren't comparable when it comes to content, how content is released.

Deleted member 18951

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's a great option if you don't mind waiting a year or so and prefer streaming games over playing them locally.

It's all about options these days.

Exactly. Game Pass currently offers so much variety and depth of titles available that by the time those Sony exclusives go into PS Now my backlog should hopefully be a bit smaller and I'll have time to play them. I can certainly wait.

ronabs

Mar 15, 2018
Xbox 360 was my main console last gen, Xbox One is now and the next Xbox will continue this trend.

Along the way, as previous generations, I'll buy the next PlayStation as well to play those exclusive titles I do like.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
Forza Horizon, Halo and Gears are the only reasons I would get an Xbox or play on there and that's pretty much always been the case for me, but since they're all releasing on PC at the same time and with Gamepass PC there's literally no reason for me to ever get an Xbox. The service is pretty cool but it doesn't make any difference to me compared to the games, that's the main reason why I'd buy a console, and there's just so many that are Playstation only that I'm always going to stick with them.
Plus I don't buy that many games during the year and so the big 3rd party titles I buy aren't releasing on GP, or if they are it's quite a while later and only on the console as well, I buy my multi-plats on PC. So yeah, it's not really a thing that works for me personally.

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
While psnow is fine service its really not the same as gamepass when it comes to content. PSNow doesn't have major 3rd party games coming into the service at relevant timetables, or third party games launching day and date into the service or first-party games at launch.

PSnow works fine for what it is. its not a bad service but the two services aren't comparable when it comes to content, how content is released.

I think you're going to be in for quite a shock. Sony is investing big into third party partnerships for PSNow and is going head to head to secure games for the platform.

I mean, they are offering GTAV right now temporarily, which is still one of the biggest games in the world despite it's age and the biggest game on any streaming service, period.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
All of Microsoft's exclusives are coming to pc so if anything for me it's a reason not to go xbox really, and go pc-sony-nintendo instead.

JustTom

May 28, 2018
Germany...
GamePass is the reason why I upgraded my One S to a One X, even though we're at the end of the life cycle. There are just so many awesome games included and the games just keep coming. I am also glad I skipped some multi platform games on my PS4Pro so I can enjoy them with better graphics now.
GamePass might be the reason for getting scarlet for me too since I am beyond playing games with specific people.

More Butter

Banned
Jun 12, 2018
Like I said before. Sony is going to offer practically the same service as Gamepass. The value is too good and eventually they will have to compete with it seriously. It's only a matter of time. I'm not saying that to be an alarmist or act like PlayStation is dying. I'm just saying that PlayStation will eventually have to do the same thing I don't know if that's 2 years 5 years from now or whatever but the value is insane and people are catching on. If you think that Sony games are so far and way better that it's irrelvant I think you are kidding yourself. MS is releasing great games on the platform. And there are going to be top tier XGS titles releasing in the next couple years which only make it more valuable. I will be incredibly surprised if Sony doesn't copy and paste the Gamepass model sooner than later.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I have a feeling that next gen will see the rise of "yeah the reviews arent very good and the scope is much smaller than previously, but it's on Game Pass so who cares" type of rhetoric. I'd much rather pay $60 on launch day and hold the games to that standard, and just not play it until much much later (or at all) if it's not worth $60

'V'

Banned
May 19, 2018
Yeah its brilliant. I've had it on PC for as long as it's been available to the public and I've enjoyed it a lot. I can easily see why someone would consider it a huge advantage for Xbox when deciding their next gen platforms.

IvanSlavkov

Oct 27, 2017
Bulgaria
Not interest in xbox, at least not anymore with game pass available on pc. Recently finished Gears 5 and while it is miles better than 4, I still find the first game better. PS5 is day one for me, can't miss Sony's 1st party output.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
GamePass is great but Microsoft's exclusives haven't really done it for me since the original Xbox.

Sony has been crushing it on that front, and I already have a Switch so I won't be buying both new consoles.

If they keep updating PSNow, it'll be enough for me on top of the SIE exclusives. Maybe GamePass will eventually come to other devices.