• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I´m playing Gears 5 at the moment and I can´t believe it how it is possible to enjoy a game of that quality for such a low low price. The game catalogue in the service is amazing as well, with really great indie games and big productions that are coming too, being The Outer Worlds the most recent example. I really hope Microsoft obtains benefit from Game Pass because the value for the costumer is insane. They seem to try to push the service even further and it sure will be a important part of their next system.

I personally moved to all-digital gaming purchases some time ago, at least for systems as the Switch, so for me, the notion of having or possesing a videogame (like something physical in its box) it is not that important. I understand playing videogames as a temporary experience that brings joy and entertainment and I rarely replay games.

I know I will probably adquire a PS5 too down the line because it will surely have great exclusive games but at least at first, Game Pass will be something to take very very into account much when deciding between the two consoles.

What about you? Are you on the same boat too or you don´t care about Game Pass?

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
It's certainly compelling but I wouldn't be surprised if Sony starts their own Game Pass.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm probably not going to buy either of the next Xbox or PlayStation anytime soon but I definitely agree with you that GP would be a big deal were I interested next year.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Gamepass is an extremely attractive service but ultimately the library of appealing games available on the platform at an aggregate level will decide it.

z1ggy

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
I have Game Pass on PC so i have access to two "platforms" at once, ill keep buying PS consoles as long as their exclusives keep being top notch

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Scarlett and PS5 day one for me, because I pass One this gen and will play One exclusives next year via Gamepass

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Okay I respect that choice but there is a price to pay for "low low" cost as far as game design and stardards in general.

GinoFelino

Oct 27, 2017
I totally get it but Sony games are too good to go Xbox next gen. I mean, some recent MS games are decent to good but apart from some healthy competition and desperate (but very consumer-friendly) ideas they've basically added nothing to this entire console generation.

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I agree OP, I could see it being a factor
Locked myself in for 3 years of Game Pass ultimate during the $1 upgrade period.

Will definitely get PS5 as well, but will probably get Xbox first instead of the other way around.
Obviously it will depend on features, game pass offerings, launch prices, and launch line-ups of both consoles though.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Game Pass is great and i'm in it for the long haul, but Sony usually has games I just have to play no matter what.

I probably wouldn't have bought an Xbox or even consider buying a Scarlett were it not for Game Pass though.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have been completely out of the loop with this thing called Game Pass. Is it a subscription service similar to PS Now? What are the pros and cons of it?

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Biggest difference with PS Now and Game Pass is the day one first party games coming to Game Pass, not sure we'll see this happen with PS Now.

Savantcore

Oct 28, 2017
Undeniably a fantastic service but, same argument again, I'm not massively fussed about the games on offer. If MS had Sony's library then good grief, best thing to happen to gaming ever. Fingers crossed Xbox's new studios match the quality and variety of PlayStation next gen

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
I prefer owning my games myself, and I have a really great rental place down the street. Same thing always determines who gets my console money every gen: What games can you offer me that your competitors can't?

Unless MS seriously steps up their exclusives game, sony will have my money.

Oct 25, 2017
My decisive factor is paid online. I will buy whichever gets rid of paid online play and if neither does I will stick with PC. If both get rid of it, Xbox wins due to Game Pass.

Manixramz

Apr 4, 2018
Things will change when most 3rd party next gen games not releasing day one or at all on game pass.

FusionNY

Oct 25, 2017
I was pretty firmly PlayStation until gamepass changed my mind with it's line up this year.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
My decisive factor will always be the games I want to play. They won't be on PS Now day one or in any Nintendo service ever, but on Xbox I can't even buy them.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
that's like being swayed by PS+ or games with gold. paid rental access to old games i've played or own isn't going to sway me to either system.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
best of both worlds.. gamepass for PC
sony for consoles

This is the direction I'm leaning right now simply because I've decided to ride out the rest of this gen without a PS4, so I'll miss some things I want to play there (Xbox One X + PC + Switch right now). I ultimately prefer playing my Xbox Game Pass games on my PC to my Xbox, so I think it will come down to where I want to get a new GPU. The GPU world is kind of a mess right now with RTX, so I'm hoping things become more standardized in the next year as I'm making that decision.

hrœrekr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 3, 2019
I see the incredible value on the service. Specially for someone who plays a lot, and tries every big game.
But I prefer to choose and pay myself for the games I want instead of playing what the service chooses.

Therefore, the service in either GP or PS equivalent won't influence my decision. The games will.

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Multiple new games launching into the service every month is a very compelling value proposition. Then you think of what games these machines will be launching with next gen and all of those Xbox 1st party are going to be waiting for you if you pick up the console at no additional outlay other than your sub.

I guess I'll just have to live with the fact I'll be playing all of these devalued games at launch, I'll try but it's going to be hard, lol.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
As long as MS keeps releasing all the games on PC (which I hope they do forever) I won't buy a Xbox system. I understand the gamepass thing though, what they offer is really good for the price and all 1st party exclusives day 1 is as good as it gets.

Also as Microsoft has bought lots of good studios recently, I can see them being closer and closer to Sony regarding 1st party exclusive content (a big budget Obsidian game, for example, will be far more interesting for me than the kind of games Sony's 1st party studios usually deliver) so for all the people that don't want to buy a PC, I'm sure that Scarlet will be far more interesting than the One.

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's not something i'll be taking into account. I'm a current Gamepass subscriber but it's far from a decisive factor in my next gen thinking.

It's good value and the library is good but it's a far cry from what i play on Switch and PS. Any third party stuff i want day one won't be out on gamepass, i'm talking Fifa, COD, BF, Cyberpunk 2077 & the first party stuff is hardly Zelda & GoW quality.

It's handy for games i'd not usually give a go.