May 31, 2019
I can't believe people will "lose faith in From Software", the company that has put out GOTY material after GOTY material with each entry over the last decade, because they haven't shown what they're working on for a year.

Wow.

Zodiark

alt account
Banned
Feb 8, 2020
I can't believe people will "lose faith in From Software", the company that has put out GOTY material after GOTY material with each entry over the last decade, because they haven't shown what they're working on for a year.

Wow.
And here goes another one that doesn't understand the difference between losing faith in someone and losing faith in the sense of having no hype left because the next showing is probably too far.

May 31, 2019
And here goes another one that doesn't understand the difference between losing faith in someone and losing faith in the sense of having no hype left because the next showing is probably too far.

That's my secret, my friend. I'm ALWAYS hyped for From Software, regardless of their silence.

Unflinching faith.

I've played games of theirs before there was Miyazaki, never once have I been disappointed in anything they put out. It's probably hard to understand, but that's the way it is.

Rhodan

Feb 8, 2020
I've played games of theirs before there was Miyazaki, never once have I been disappointed in anything they put out. It's probably hard to understand, but that's the way it is.

That's nice. But it's....really not hard to understand. At all.

I think you're missing the point here. We all know ER will probably be great. A lot of people are just really burnt out by the continuous cycle of hoping for any news and being disappointed by a big heap of nothing. We've hit the one year anniversary since the first teaser recently, and we still know absolutely zero meaningful things about the game beyond speculation and the vague confirmation of horse riding in some early interview.

Zodiark

alt account
Banned
Feb 8, 2020

I think you're missing the point here. We all know ER will probably be great. A lot of people are just really burnt out by the continuous cycle of hoping for any news and being disappointed by a big heap of nothing.
This.

And what can I say except good for you astronomydomine

I wish I wasn't impatient

May 31, 2019
Yeah, I guess I'm just not impatient. Part of loving their games is understanding what goes into making them.

I've been part of these pre-release cycles before. From Software, more than great game developers, are actually PHENOMENAL editors of their games.

Things that are revealed in pre-release cycles more often than not don't end up in their actual games. That's because they know what to remove to deliver a polished product.

I just have trust in them, and so many of their games to keep replaying. Keeps me going.

OP
OP
Mifec

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
3aERVgB.png

thinking emoji

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
Yeah the Mortal Shell trailer looks more hype than the commented gameplay and that's a bad sign, but it doesn't look bad either. Aesthetics are very cool, environments and characters, but the actual level from the showcase looks boring and samey. The combat mechanics lack impact/feedback it seems but animations are cool and they can get the feedback better with more time. The actual event design in terms of encounters don't look too hot, even the boss, I hope it's fun. The Sekiro kill dot rip off is LOL. Oh and I kinda dislike how wide the fov is. I may be strange with fov opinions though.

Wasn't impressed with Mortal Shell to be honest. We'll have to see on release though

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Impatience for any Elden Ring news really can't compete with real life tragedy for me personally, the days come and go for reasons other than video games and while they are bright spots in my life getting this irrationally upset about not having news is some highschool shit that has become irrelevant in comparison to bigger issues in my life.

Udreif

May 29, 2020
Impatience for any Elden Ring news really can't compete with real life tragedy for me personally, the days come and go for reasons other than video games and while they are bright spots in my life getting this irrationally upset about not having news is some highschool shit that has become irrelevant in comparison to bigger issues in my life.
I don't think it's fair to say these people are irrationally upset, they're just expressing burnout from waiting and getting hyped for too long.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it's fair to say these people are irrationally upset, they're just expressing burnout from waiting and getting hyped for too long.
I don't know what getting hyped about only a single thing is like since the Brawl dojo days, i've learned to like and appreciate more games than one since then and don't consider Smash Bros the beginning and end of video games as i used to, overhyping lead me to be disappointed by that game with such overwhelming content. Dumbass teenage expectations can do that to you, and i've done that with one game in the past and i don't need to anymore.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Listening to the interview video with Mortal Shell devs and I like these guys. They seem to have their hearts in the right place so I hope they polish up their game by release time, it looks like it'll be fun. Not everything has to be a masterpiece.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Mortal Shell looks more compelling than Lords of the fallen just by looks, the artsyle ain't bad we'll see what it really plays like for that beta.
Also it reminds me that ER will have some online beta at some point before release, and i am sure the data miners will be all over that stuff when the time comes.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Mortal Shell looked utterly generic to me. :\
I'm chalking it up to the monster hunter effect of a bad first showing. They kept trying to focus on elements like lore and story (and even then what they said wasn't meaningful, I still don't know what this fantasy world is about) when they should have talked more clearly about the shells, show some of them, show other playstyles..etc.

Udreif

May 29, 2020
Listening to the interview video with Mortal Shell devs and I like these guys. They seem to have their hearts in the right place so I hope they polish up their game by release time, it looks like it'll be fun. Not everything has to be a masterpiece.
Yep, the mortal shell devs seem to have great taste, which has piqued my interest. I'm not sure the combat will be satisfying in the same way that souls games are, which is the only thing that feels off to me. Hopefully I can get my hands on a beta key and get a test of it.

I get that feeling too with some of the enemies, but then there are other characters shown like the lady that talks to the player that seem to have a lot more personality. Kind of hard to judge without playing the game though

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
I like how it looks, the only thing I thought it was underwhelming was the lack of impact of the attacks (from both player and enemies). The fact they were talking over the game sounds also didn't help since that's a important aspect of it as well. But it does look promising, beta is soon so I'm curious to read people impressions.

AAFCC

Dec 2, 2019

Wow.
It's s not losing faith , it' s losing patience.
But anyway , lets not think about Elden Ring frustration today.
Today it ' s a day of celebration, we are going to see Demon ' s souls remake.

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019

I think you're missing the point here. We all know ER will probably be great. A lot of people are just really burnt out by the continuous cycle of hoping for any news and being disappointed by a big heap of nothing. We've hit the one year anniversary since the first teaser recently, and we still know absolutely zero meaningful things about the game beyond speculation and the vague confirmation of horse riding in some early interview.

Try being a Nintendo fan this year. Or basically a fan of video games in general.

ER is coming and I imagine we'll be seeing something soon.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
It's s not losing faith , it' s losing patience.
But anyway , lets not think about Elden Ring frustration today.
Today it ' s a day of celebration, we are going to see Demon ' s souls remake.

Potentially the least interesting thing tonight for me. Yay! Of course there will be more boring things in the end.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
Mortal Shell looks more compelling than Lords of the fallen just by looks, the artsyle ain't bad we'll see what it really plays like for that beta.
Also it reminds me that ER will have some online beta at some point before release, and i am sure the data miners will be all over that stuff when the time comes.
I played Lords of the Fallen as a warm up to that style of game before jumping into Bloodborne as I'd never played any Soulslike before,so it was not utterly terrible for me,lol....having played Bloodborne,Dark Souls and Dark Souls III since I can see it for what it was though,a pretty bad copycat game.
I'm wary of all these Soulslikes now tbh,there is only one Miyazaki after all.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017

lol

It was funny how Deracine announcement happened after the E3 2018 conference and not in the big show itself.

Imagine Japan Studios + From Software logos appearing on the screen only to be followed by a VR title ⚰

Nothing against Deracine obviously, but people would immediately assume it was Bloodborne 2 only to be disappointed.

Mar 11, 2019
Yes for me especially the enviroments look generic, but it very much increased my anticipation of next gen fromsoftware titles, since to me the improved graphics of Mortal Shell over current gen fromsoftware games really adds to it. Imagine Fromsoftware with improved character physics / impacts and character/enemie/ world graphics.

Also if ever, the PS5 event would be a good timing to show off Elden Ring, together with the rumored bloodborne PC port which also the PS5 version should benefit from, or the port was completly misintepreted as PS5 only port.

Behrial

Apr 27, 2020
I like how it looks, the only thing I thought it was underwhelming was the lack of impact of the attacks (from both player and enemies).

This.
In the comment on the gameplay video they say "We have always liked souls-like games (ARPG in third person), that's why we wanted to make a game of this style and gameplay", I understand the passion and interest, but the way that they work it seems to me wrong, because having inspiration in something doesn't mean doing exactly the same thing, you have to add something of yours or mix it with something else that interests you, for example, a Silent Hill-like with some ARPG element or it may not necessarily be a game, it could be a book or a movie with a similar form of narration.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Why do they always use the exact same setting too? That other Early Access title was also the same....

Like if there's a major departure, such as making it 2D, or changing setting completely, or adding a completely revolutionary and new mechanic, that's fine. Build upon what's already great and add your own touch. But, from what we saw of those, it doesn't feel like there's much to differentiate them, and they have a very high bar to reach.

AAFCC

Dec 2, 2019
Potentially the least interesting thing tonight for me. Yay! Of course there will be more boring things in the end.
Mate we know that , you repeated one hundred times that you are not interested in DeS remake lol.
But I am sure the majority of this community is , so sit in your dark corner dreaming for Elden Ring, which will never release, and let us celebrate and have a party tonight !
We dont want any negativity tonight , let us forget of that damn game for a few hours :P

Apr 3, 2020
Anri's quest is the best quest in Souls imo. It's also the most depressing. It's heavly implied that Anri and Horace among other childern were sent as a sacrafice for Aldritch. Either both of them escaped or they were eaten and many years later resurrected as unkindled which make it even more horrifying and depressing but at least we can help Anri take revenge which was satisfying as hell.
Man fuck Aldritch.

Aldrtich's backstory is outrageous, that makes you think how is he even a Lord of Cinder?
Games do get announced way before they should, agreed. I still haven't played Death Stranding; I've been waiting for its PC release. I'm still looking forward to it too, despite its mixed reviews. I've also been pretty good on not spoiling it for myself.

I've spent like 90 hours in the game. DS is a game I bought and I knew I'm going to enjoy it even it didn't look like a game from my liking, because you see there are some games built around an interesting/unique ideas, not entirely new but the ones you aren't spoiled with. Like there are some games that have a character progress system (gain abilities/upgrades), playing those games you know at point you will get for example double jumb, in DS you moslty will get upgrades are special to the game itself. Yes, they're predictable but it nice to have experiencing them.

IMO, the MAIN story is straight BS. Kojima needs to stop over complicating the story by overly describing everything in possible scientific ways, have different writers with him to write other characters

There are a lot of negatives, most of them are undercooked and hard to swallow.

Nonetheless, I've enjoyed all my time with game. Also, I do appreciate and have huge respect for Kojima and his team to make such a game. Although, I feel there was a struggling in their vision in their game, between being a story driven game or gameplay-wise game.

Res

Oct 25, 2017
What are your thoughts on Mortal Shells ? Looks interesting to me even if combat system seems a bit clunky.
I like the atmosphere of the game but not so much the futuristic/ Alien- like aesthetic of some places. Would have preferred dark medieval architectures.
I will definitely give it a try if it comes out in physical disk ps4 copy

I think it's pretty cool, I like the graphics and art direction. They just to need to tweak the hit feedback a bit, it feels kinda lacking from what I've seen

Apr 3, 2020
I hope you guys kept some Humanity left in case Demon's Souls Remake or BB remastered aren't showing up in today event.

Last edited: