NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Legit? Are these outside of what Lance referred to in his tweets?

It is, i have decrypted the script of the game. But i stopped reading when spoilery thing was pointing its head.
There is not too much of a volume, but still it s spoilery.

It is classic dcx content, but with kraken (type 2) compression. It is compatible with the decompressor of DeathStranding, so i used it in lieu of classical decompressor to extract dcx content.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
People just posting vocaroo's with voice files on 4chan and the like.

Oh yes... they left a ton of voicelines in the sound bank, this is a minefield.... i will not listen to anything that does not sound like part of the ost.
I didn t pay attention to that at first, since it s not kraken-compressed content.

Zemst

Oct 27, 2017
Some spoilers are very real accidentally spoiled myself a big one by listening to a vocaroo. I suggest if you care about that sort of thing avoid random sources of audio and video, I thought it was just trolling.

polyrizumu

May 15, 2018
Just stumbled across some mild spoilers, but thankfully nothing too severe. Just base lore and boss HP text strings. I think it's time to go dark until February now lol.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I am listening to everything :D
7c6.jpg

Someone make the thread.

thelooseteeth

Mar 8, 2019
Kinda sucks that all the fun of speculation and lore discussion has been polluted by these leaks. Now I'm afraid to even look up anything Elden Ring related. Oh well, time to distract myself with something else for a few months.

OP
OP
Mifec

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda sucks that all the fun of speculation and lore discussion has been polluted by these leaks. Now I'm afraid to even look up anything Elden Ring related. Oh well, time to distract myself with something else for a few months.
You're fine in this thread. We won't be posting any. I'll make a spoiler thread for people now.

As of this post no leak talk here please everyone.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I think Crossing Eden knew a plugin that helps you block certain words from YT. At least they used to post it on the old site from what I remember.

CE can you help out? Sorry if you didn't wanna be tagged.
I use video blocker and blocktube

edit: for some reason the video blocker chrome webpage doesn't come up anymore, but i just tested it and the extension still works. 🤔

random88

Oct 25, 2017
Not US
I'd say From community is pretty good with spoilers all over the internet. You really have to search for leaks on purpose to find something.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
I'd say From community is pretty good with spoilers all over the internet. You really have to search for leaks on purpose to find something.
Yeah I did some moderate Google-fu out of morbid curiosity and all I ended up with was unbearable 4chan threads of users slinging slurs and awful memes at each other. I imagine there are more exclusive places you can go to see stuff if you want to, but stumbling across something big at this point is unlikely.

Sometimes there are some bad actors on YouTube but that's usually post-launch and can be generally avoided with care.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What i hate about this is people saying "What can possibly be a spoiler in FROM games?You don't even understand the story after you beat the game".

Well I don't want to see areas which we haven't seen yet and how the world could change during the game.I don't want to know who is the final boss or if one of the known characters is a boss or another million things about the game.

I am not someone who avoids everything before a game releases or who considers the smallest thing a spoiler but some things I simply don't want to know about.

Link to Spoiler Thread
OP
OP
Mifec

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
For people who want to discuss spoilers

www.resetera.com

Elden Ring - Spoiler Thread Spoiler

So the Network Test has been datamine and over 3k voice files and a lot of story is out. There is A LOT of endgame and big reveal stuff here so don't complain after you've already clicked. I don't plan on using spoiler tags outside the OP because spoiler tags in a spoiler thread are just weird...

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
What i hate about this is people saying "What can possibly be a spoiler in FROM games?You don't even understand the story after you beat the game".

Well I don't want to see areas which we haven't seen yet and how the world could change during the game.I don't want to know who is the final boss or if one of the known characters is a boss or another million things about the game.

I am not someone who avoids everything before a game releases or who considers the smallest thing a spoiler but some things I simply don't want to know about.
Yeah pretty much

Reminds me of when I was playing The Surge 2... on the Steam UI, there's some "community" content below the game, and it posted a clip about the final boss. "Final boss <BOSS NAME HERE> No Damage".

This was before I even started the game. lmao. When I met <NAME>, well... good thing I didn't care much, I'd have been pissed otherwise. I did disable those community thingies though

wonkybump

Apr 29, 2020
it's really not that difficult to block any mention of Elden Ring on the internet and just have a bit of self-control and not browse places where you're 100% see this posted. I'm on full keyword blackout till the release

Duv

Mar 2, 2021

Yeah it's the same to me, it's just so irritating when FS fans assume everyone is too lazy to read descriptions and piece out the lore for themselves, thats one of my favourite parts of FS games, there are very few game worlds that I love more than what Miyazaki and his team come up with, i dont want anything spoiled, considering they gave us plenty of stuff already with trailers and CNT.

fantalas

Nov 15, 2020
Hungary
"...but this offer was too exciting to refuse. Miyazaki and his team from FromSoftware were doing groundbreaking stuff with gorgeous art, and what they wanted from me was just a bit of worldbuilding: a deep, dark, resonant world to serve as a foundation for the game they planned to create. And as it happens, I love creating worlds and writing imaginary history."

King shit

tmdorsey

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Georgia
Pre-ordered the steel book bundle from Best Buy today. I said I was going to be mostly digital this generation, but I got RE Village on sale during BF and the steelbook is so nice, I thought if any other game is worthy of collecting the steelbook, it's Elden Ring.

thelooseteeth

Mar 8, 2019
I was just checking on my amazon preorder, and saw that the order I placed a few months back just disappeared. I made another preorder, but it's concerning to have that happen with no contact from amazon...

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I'll take a bit less of a news barrage over getting spoiled for this game any time. Even r/eldenring has agreed on not posting datamined leaks and spoilers, so together with this thread, I'm quite happy about that. Sucks that, as soon as the game will actually release and/or be streamed at latest, a ton of the datamined shit will come out in discussions anyway under the pretense of "theories" and lore videos and such. At least I'm absolutely expecting it to.

Dec 3, 2020
Anything new from now to release might be too much content for some people already, although that edge interview will warrant plenty of discussions. And once it releases i will be back to wait for their next mecha game.
Since many of us know all we want to know about Elden Ring, and since this thread is about From's projectS I want to ask what you people think comes after Elden Ring and after the inevitable Elden Ring's DLC? What will From's next project be and how long do you think it will take before it releases (are we now on a 5 year cycle or will we have shorter pauses between from games like we used to?)

OP
OP
Mifec

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Since many of us know all we want to know about Elden Ring, and since this thread is about From's projectS I want to ask what you people think comes after Elden Ring and after the inevitable Elden Ring's DLC? What will From's next project be and how long do you think it will take before it releases (are we now on a 5 year cycle or will we have shorter pauses between from games like we used to?)
Probably another multiplat game and the whatever is next for Elden Ring. I'd assume since Bamco wants it to be a multimedia franchise they didn't just sign up for one game.

Res

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe not their next project, but I think we'll get a ps5 exclusive at some point

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
This thread has gone quiet and i fear the other threads due to spoilers......
Nope. There just isnt anything to talk about partly because content creators have mined that well dry for now with the CNT and partly because there is real danger in stumbling upon some datamined stuff I dont want to be spoiled on if I go searching for more ER info.

Happy to just scan the subreddit and the weekly official info drop and Zullie videos for now. Taking this time to clear the backlog in the meantime.

As a huge Fromsoft fan I always devoured any info I can get before a game's release and spoil stuff for myself to no benefit. This time I wanted to try and go in as fresh as possible. If I had the willpower I would have even done a blackout during the CNT, there was definitely stuff that I would have like to have been a surprise saved for the full game.

hideousarmor

May 9, 2019
We know they've been working on AC for a while and iirc they were hiring mech artists (it didnt explicitly say "mech" but the wording was related to that) not long ago...so Im expecting that unless its been canned. It'll be a nice break from fantasy settings.

I would expect something new by 2024. I dont think we'll be back to the 1 game per year cycle, thankfully.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
If their relationship with Activision is well and truly over i don't expect a Sekiro sequel. They have promised a continuation of the Armored Core franchise, last time they talked about it they wanted to make it appeal to a global audience and not just fans of mecha anime while i think AC already is its own mood. They can figure something out none of us expects. Any other sci-fi game is welcome, i am not gonna jump on any rumour of that though i'll believe it when i see it.
Other than that Sony should just give them money again for whatever, doesn't even have to be BB2, just give them money i don't care what it is for.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017

I really hope we get a mech game. It's long over due. I don't mind if it's totally in line with the old AC games or a new IP that plays differently, I just want some sweet mech action!

There was a rumoured Sony exclusive which... I don't want, because I don't want to be tempted to buy a PS5.