Oct 27, 2017
Probably one of the most interesting presidential campaigns in the last decade. I feel like if he had the media at his side he'd be a lot more favourable but Trump sucks up so much oxygen. Either way, hope we never see him again.
I too am a political junkie sicko, but this has been the biggest snoozefest of a primary ever. Basically, two incumbents who already know they will be the nominee. They don't even bother joining the debates, maybe that's why it seems he had any chance at all.

Desantis was basically pushed forward due to media attention and his turn limit being up. Everything he has tried since has been a disaster. And he never stood a chance anyway.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Ron's ass-kissing is pretty funny and kinda makes the entire point of him being an empty suit all the more true.

Haley's an interesting case too because she's saying all this stuff about Trump but I suppose she thinks (perhaps rightly) that people will just forget all that when she inevitably exits and supports him too?

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017
Every single interview I've seen of an R talking shit about trump ends with them saying they'll endorse him anyway so not surprised at all

May 21, 2018
Hah!

Bastard should've realized he was well and truly done months ago.

However I had thought he'd be the last non-Trump standing, but that turned out to be Haley somehow.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Gatorland

57f6bce157540c8c728b4693

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if he'll try again in 2028, ya know, assuming we're still doing elections by then.

View: https://x.com/Weinsteinlaw/status/1749167150827204705?s=20

Nah, you really only have one chance to win the GOP primaries nowadays. If you stumble as badly as DeSantis had in the primaries, there's really no shot for you the next time around. Like, there's a reason Jeb, Rubio, Cruz, etc. aren't running at all after 2016.

Really, he should have just let Trump have it this year and save his run for 2028 if he lost, since his Trump-lite schtick would have filled a hopefully Trump-free vacuum and given him a much better shot with primary voters.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
The article basically spells it out. He probably got advance poll notice that he was going to lose EMBARRASSINGLY badly in NH when the vote rolls out so he decided to bail now to save himself further humiliation.

Like I said, as someone in NH, this seemed pretty likely - Haley has the state's GOP marketing on absolute lockdown.
It's no secret that he's going to lose NH badly, the last poll has him in 3rd place at like 5%. His campaign was intentionally skipping NH to focus on SC and hope for a strong showing that'll carry them to Super Tuesday. The reason he's dropping out now instead of a month from now is they can't get the money to keep campaigning

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
He got so desperate at the end that he was one of the few who would actually criticize and attack Trump. And in the end he quits like a little punk and still endorses Trump…

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
I don't know if "Smart Trump" would've done any better, but DeSantis ditched that angle early on. It was over for him the second he thought he could pull off the charismatic cult leader angle.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think I've ever seen a less charismatic politician in my life.

The good people who live in Florida have my sympathy.

TylerD

Oct 25, 2017
Say it ain't so Pudding Fingers Ron!

I never thought for a second that charisma void had a shot to challenge Trump for the nomination and continue to be not shocked that Trump is far and away their best chance.

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
I'm definitely shocked by this completely surprising outcome.

/s

Now then Deathsantis, if you could simply leave this mortal coil in a quick time frame that would be swell.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Good riddance. Can't believe I ever thought this guy was a genuine threat. Biggest wet fart of a presidential campaign ever.

There is a part of me that wanted to watch Trump snatch his soul during a debate, but I see he's already fallen in line.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny the networks had to pretend any of these losers had a shot. Trump owns the GOP until he is dead. An ugly country.

DeSantis embarrassing himself is funny though. Awaiting the endorsement of the guy who implied he liked high school children.

Typhonsentra

Oct 27, 2017
Probably his best play possible, but he should've just avoided even entering this year. Most people won't remember any of this in 2028 though so long as he endorses Trump and stays quiet.

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
We have some great younger leaders but they keep getting pushed to the side by a bunch of egotistical old fucks who are happy to watch the Democratic party fade into nothingness as they cling to power from their fishing shack in Tampa.

That's the most accurate assessment of the problem here I've heard.

Anyway, get fucked meatball Ron, leave Florida too while you're at it.

Deleted member 8579

Oct 26, 2017
Think how tall Trump would look standing next to him.

Don't they usually stand down when the money backers flee.