Relix

Oct 25, 2017
And we were told for the last 2 years that we needed to be scared of this loser because he was a "smarter version of Trump."

LMFAO
This was one of my concerns but seeing this fucker get steamrolled has been a pleasure and I am happy he crashed and burned. Now just need to see how much damage he causes to Florida with his remaining time. In theory he should be out but the GOP supermajority bent the rules so he could still stay. Fuckers.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
All those posts talking him up as some big threat aged like milk lmfao
As I constantly repeated during that time, Libs worked themselves up into a frenzy thinking that "Smart Trump" was going to be some huge threat not realizing that Trump's dumb, bluntness was exactly why he was so appealing in the first place.

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I don't think anyone realized just how uncharismatic he truly was. He was able to win Florida the first time thanks to racism and then FL Dems didn't even try to put someone against him for his re-election.

giphy.gif

I know a lot of the nation thought he wasn't a threat, but as a Floridian he scares the fuck out of me one way or the other. He is a homunculus of bitter hatred who charmed a lot of old people and dipshit patriots here and we didn't want that plague to escape across the borders.

It's already hell on Earth for minorities and vulnerable people here.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As I constantly repeated during that time, Libs worked themselves up into a frenzy thinking that "Smart Trump" was going to be some huge threat not realizing that Trump's dumb, bluntness was exactly why he was so appealing in the first place.

So much this.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING as a "Smart Trump." Trump's stupidity is one of, if not the biggest reason that he appeals to so many conservatives.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A reminder that the only possible win conditions for any of the candidates besides Trump were for something to happen to Trump that completely prevents him from running
So Trump dying, getting barred from the ballot due to the 14th amendment, some other medical emergency that prevents him from running even if it doesn't kill him outright, or maybe going to jail (and even that's not a guarantee that republican voters wouldn't still prefer the literal criminal in jail)

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
All those posts talking him up as some big threat aged like milk lmfao

For people in Florida who he's damaging, he's a threat to us and will be for the next few years. He's just getting started.

Whether that would work on the national level, we weren't willing to try. We're full up down here.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Yep. Same thing's gonna happen to Haley. Trump is Trump because he's their outsider grand wizard who usurped the GOP into being an overtly white nationalist-first party (moreso).

Everyone who stands against him is the establishment.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, this might be true but we didn't count on him being an android attempting to learn human emotions and interactions in real time, either.

That's one of those intangibles that you just can't forecast until someone is in the spotlight.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this might be true but we didn't count on him being ab android attempting to learn human emotions and interactions in real time, either.

That's one of those intangibles that you just can't forecast until someone is in the spotlight.
There were absolutely people in the know before the campaign started saying that DeSantis had no charisma and would flounder on the national stage, especially if placed directly against Trump.

Oct 28, 2017
Probably one of the most interesting presidential campaigns in the last decade. I feel like if he had the media at his side he'd be a lot more favourable but Trump sucks up so much oxygen. Either way, hope we never see him again.

Royalan

Not actually the youngest mod — AP Fact Check
Oct 24, 2017
You know what? I'll be straight up.

I, too, believed that there was a narrow window of time where Ron DeSantis could be a true threat to Trump.

So I'll hold that L.

Yeah, I was a fool for that one.

Bengraven