asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
lol fuck the DOC stuff and Nero, also they are really bringing back Zack eh. Anyway Part 2 is 100% gonna start with the flashback.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who never played dirge their appearance actually intrigued me. I loved the horror esque vibe.

Wonder if other peeps who never played dirge feel similiar.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
As someone who never played dirge their appearance actually intrigued me. I loved the horror esque vibe.

Wonder if other peeps who never played dirge feel similiar.

To be fair their introduction here is actually much better than it was in Dirge.

Weiss doesn't really exist in DoC as the majority of the game he is controlled by another character and Nero's horror themes takes a back seat to his crippling obsession with Weiss that is much, much worse in DoC.

If they could just drop or dial down Nero's obsession a few notches he wouldn't be that bad as it would just be a person who's power made them deranged.

Weiss…well they seriously need to drop him being controlled by the fucking Internet and maybe he could be interesting.

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
01) Nibelheim incident feat. playable Sephiroth

02) Kalm to Ranch

03) Chocobo setpiece fleeing the Zolom -> Battle the Zolom at the Mines entrance -> Mythril Mines [Dungeon]

04) Lower Junon [Priscilla, Dolphin, Bottomswell]

05) Upper Junon [Barracks, Parade] -> Cargo Ship

06) Costa del Sol [greatly expanded] to Mount Corel

07) North Corel

08) Gold Saucer

09) Showdown at Old Corel -> cross desert -> Gongaga [village, ruined reactor with triceratops tank boss]

10) Cosmo Canyon -> Cave of the Gi [Dungeon]

11) Cross Ancient Forest -> New Nibelheim -> Shinra Mansion [Dungeon]

12) Mount Nibel -> descend lowlands -> Rocket Town

13) Cross waterway -> Wutai feat. Da Chao, and Godo [Keystone now acquired here]

14) Continue down waterway -> More jungles -> Ancient Temple [Dungeon]

15) Cutscene in Gongaga -> Waterway to Bone Village -> Sleeping Forest (essentially a corridor) -> City of the Ancients

16) Snowfields to Icicle Inn -> Great Glacier ascent -> Snowboarding to Gaea's Cliff

17) Whirlwind Maze [Dungeon]

Cloud gets mind-jacked, hands Black Materia over to Sephiroth's remains. Meteor summoned, Weapons awakened, Cloud lost to lifestream, friends captured by Shinra.

A cliffhanger like The Empire Strikes Back.
Yeah, if FF7R is gonna be a trilogy, Part 2 will no doubt end with the Northern Crater

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol fuck the DOC stuff and Nero, also they are really bringing back Zack eh. Anyway Part 2 is 100% gonna start with the flashback.

I really think the Zack stuff is leading to the horrible realisation that he had to die in the outskirts of Midgar and we're going to find out the slow and painful way why.

I mentioned before about how Zack's disappearance and subsequent death was the reason the Turks basically disobeyed orders for years, keeping Aerith safe from Shinra and Hojo. Without Zack dying, the Turks may very well have not been as vigilant and this may very well have led to Aerith being captured weeks or months before she was meant to - long before she made friends with anyone who would know where she was taken and were willing to break into Shinra HQ to save her. By the time Zack figures it out, it'll probably be too late.

Zack will obviously oppose AVALANCHE, too. He has as much reason to hate them as anyone, but acts of terrorism are not something he'd ever agree with. If he chooses to fight AVALANCHE, he could very well end up killing some of them. There's a very real possibility that Zack's survival leads to the death of both Aerith and Barret long before either even leave Midgar.

So no AVALANCHE, no Holy and nobody to stop Sephiroth except Zack and a Cloud that's nowhere near as strong as he would become if Zack wasn't there. Sounds like a doomed timeline to me and the perfect segue into why Aerith must die by Sephiroth's hands - because if Cloud chooses her life over the lives of everyone else on the planet, she will never be able to weaponise the Lifestream and Sephiroth wins.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really think the Zack stuff is leading to the horrible realisation that he had to die in the outskirts of Midgar and we're going to find out the slow and painful way why.

I mentioned before about how Zack's disappearance and subsequent death was the reason the Turks basically disobeyed orders for years, keeping Aerith safe from Shinra and Hojo. Without Zack dying, the Turks may very well have not been as vigilant and this may very well have led to Aerith being captured weeks or months before she was meant to - long before she made friends with anyone who would know where she was taken and were willing to break into Shinra HQ to save her. By the time Zack figures it out, it'll probably be too late.

Zack will obviously oppose AVALANCHE, too. He has as much reason to hate them as anyone, but acts of terrorism are not something he'd ever agree with. If he chooses to fight AVALANCHE, he could very well end up killing some of them. There's a very real possibility that Zack's survival leads to the death of both Aerith and Barret long before either even leave Midgar.

So no AVALANCHE, no Holy and nobody to stop Sephiroth except Zack and a Cloud that's nowhere near as strong as he would become if Zack wasn't there. Sounds like a doomed timeline to me and the perfect segue into why Aerith must die by Sephiroth's hands - because if Cloud chooses her life over the lives of everyone else on the planet, she will never be able to weaponise the Lifestream and Sephiroth wins.
its not due to zack if we count before crisis, in that game they are still "shinra dogs"but also "protectors of the city" they try to minimize victims, in that game is revealed that the turks evacuated the people of the slums, they are the good guys of the game and avalanche is a bunch of crazy people, and the leader cares about the city, but then i'm not a fan of that game, but i think they will bring this thing of "bad guys with a good heart" to the remake.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
For me it was Aerith, her face model seems a bit strange. I ended up using it as my new avatar xD
yeah I think that one particular scene looked a bit off, but other than that it looked really good like my avatar lol.
Considering how I thought Aerith CG looked off in the main game except the opening scene... it's pretty good improvement.

HammerOfThor

Oct 26, 2017
I managed to beat Hell House on Hard without taking a hit, but I've given up on the first two wolf enemies on normal in the first Yuffie chapter.

Im getting old.

KENMASTERS1

Apr 9, 2021
I seriously can't wait to explore Kalm based on what we see at the end. Is it also a good bet that we'll see the Gold Saucer in Pt.2? I could swear that I heard one of the main characters hum the theme song.

Oct 8, 2019
Wait I just checked again and sector 7 is more to the 'west' side of Midgar.

But in any event, I don't believe the plate has fallen because if it had Zack for sure would have had shit to say about that. It's not a minor thing that you could overlook, an entire missing section of a city.

The plate kid from 1:10 is the same kid from 5:20 of the ending, so why would a child from the plate be in a church in the slums?

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seeing that Shirrako logo everywhere after what they got (briefly) banned from youtube for a couple years back...my stomach's in knots.

Anyway, hopefully we get something more on Part 2 before the end of the year. All this did was multiply the amount of questions, and that first trailer probably will too!

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
lol Max is gobsmacked

Anyway the cut from Sonos death to the Yuffie ending is a bit abrupt. Yuffie watching the plate fall scene feels really similar to Cait Sith one lol

I do believe Zack is still in different timeline at the end there.

Last edited:

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
That's my first thought as well, I'm still on the "Zack is in a different timeline" boat and that in this timeline Aerith is dead for reasons unknown yet.

EDIT:

Plot ghost is no longer there to save her as well.

Altezein

User requested ban - Corrupted by Vengeance
Banned
Mar 21, 2021
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Imagine if Zack and Aerith being alive are mutually exclusive, and no timeline could ever have both at the same time. Such a sad fate.
Also... who's standing in the flowers? Is there any theory on that?

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine if Zack and Aerith being alive are mutually exclusive, and no timeline could ever have both at the same time. Such a sad fate.
xXF7pr7.png

I thought it was just a random NPC, the one here with red top.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
well if you move back to when Zack just opened the door and looked inside there's an NPC standing there. I don't think that's Cloud because the pants' not puffy enough lol.

Altezein

User requested ban - Corrupted by Vengeance
Banned
Mar 21, 2021
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Oct 26, 2017
So are people expecting Deepground to come back or not?

I know Nero dragging away Sonon implies the latter might be experimented on and used as a weapon against Yuffie but does that necessarily mean Nero and Weiss will come back in a major plot way?

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
You're all marks if you think that's the last we'll see of Sonon. If they didn't kill off Nero and Nero sucked Sonon into THE DARKNESS then he'll be back one way or another. Probably gonna get Norted except by a hot topic gimp with a diaper on his face.

I'm also in the camp that Aerith's dead in the Zack timeline but I have no clue where they're going with this.

I was personally really hoping that Yuffie would bumblefuck her way into accidentally killing Weiss and Nero, stopping the events of DoC from ever happening.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
The sector 7 plate is on the other side of the cutscene pov, conveniently not shown lol

Hmm. In that case I feel like them not showing it is a pretty big indicator that he's in a diff timeline (showing it still up would give it away).

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
So are people expecting Deepground to come back or not?

I know Nero dragging away Sonon implies the latter might be experimented on and used as a weapon against Yuffie but does that necessarily mean Nero and Weiss will come back in a major plot way?
Yes. I expect them to return.

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
Honestly, I said it was an alternate timeline in the first page but I've recently started thinking that Zack actually came to the same timeline as the main characters but now Max is theorizing my original thoughts and I don't know lol

I've been thinking that if Zack is in the same timeline as our main characters, he might consistently be a step behind them throughout their journey. And in the Northern Crater, Sephiroth can use Zack and the other Cloud to make our Cloud think he's a clone and break him. Just spit balling

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
xXF7pr7.png

I thought it was just a random NPC, the one here with red top.
it doesnt look like people are mourning aerith death to me, theres a kid holding his belly, each one looking at a different direction, everyone on the floor, a dude with a construction helmet, no pic of aerith, no elmyra, idk i disagree with max

Oct 25, 2017
I've been thinking that if Zack is in the same timeline as our main characters, he might consistently be a step behind them throughout their journey.

He wouldn't have the Buster Sword if that were the case.

Zack seems to be in a third timeline, separated from the main timeline (the original games) and the alternate timeline (the Remake).

Niks

Oct 25, 2017
Max's theory is that the flowers at the church withered, and everyone is crying because in that timeline Aerith is dead

Why would people lie down on the floor to weep for Aerith?
They are clearly distressed about something not someone.

Max is usually on the mark, but this time he missed completely.

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
He wouldn't have the Buster Sword if that were the case.

Zack seems to be in a third timeline, separated from the main timeline (the original games) and the alternate timeline (the Remake).
Well not necessarily. Assuming our cast was in the singularity when fate was destroyed, they could be immune to all the changes that happened hence them still carrying on the same despite changes like Zack living. So there could theoretically be two Clouds and two different buster swords belonging to two different people as convoluted as that all sounds

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
Max's theory is that the flowers at the church withered, and everyone is crying because in that timeline Aerith is dead
Zack died in late September. FF7 begins in early December. In between those events on October 5 Zirconiade was summoned above Sector 6 and its destruction destroyed part of Sector 6.

Last edited:

Niks

Oct 25, 2017
My theory is this is a third timeline.

Zack and cloud survive but cloud is heavily injured so he never meets Aerith or avalanche. Aerith is kidnapped by shinra and is never rescued. (That's why Zack can't find her)

Plate is still dropped.

Dunno how it would tie into the main timeline though.

Hero_Select

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

But how will Aerith die by Sephiroths hands when it seems like this one is not the original - he'd know killing Aerith basically means Meteor getting stopped.

Could be she kills herself when she realizes this herself..

Elster

Jun 6, 2021
The new ending brought me so much joy, (and I actually like that they are expanding on DoC characters personally). Honestly my only complaints with the dlc is the lack of party members makes fighting the hard simulations as Yuffie a lot less fun and its just kinda tedious, and i thought the final Fort Condor match on hard was also kinda silly.