Rubblatus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
i don't think any job is obligated to be played more if the current playerbase enjoys it. it's why there's a ridiculous amount of jobs in the game, so that people who like different things can be accommodated. the reason why blm is the least played dps is exactly why people who do play the job like it. it's the least orthodox dps (arguably straight up job) in the game that has the least in common with how every other dps is designed. the blm community as i've known them largely really likes how the job works and mostly reserves their many complaints to everything else lol.

i do not think having a handful of instants to let you navigate fights more comfortably contradicts the 'power fantasy' in the least because there is almost always a resource you need to pay for in damage optimization or safety and lumping in leylines is still bizarre to me because ever since they were introduced in heavensward they basically solidified the identity of blm as a 'turret'. you are stuck in place with the leyline because any moment you aren't in it and aren't casting is a complete waste.

how easy or hard blm has it with dealing with raids has far more to do with how the raids themselves are designed and tested versus blm itself, the way jobs are designed and expected to be used is not kept in a vacuum from how raids are designed. it's why many fights now have taken into consideration allowing melee dps to maintain uptime if they understand the mechanics well enough to remain close to the boss. yoshiP is a blm main himself, he would know better than almost anyone on the team about raids having to meet every job in the middle.

ultimately the difficulty is what's appealing and what people opt into if they decide they really like blm, because there's a lot to learn about the job and improve on and knowledge to build that you cannot transfer in or out very easily. making blm resemble its version in pvp which is iirc entirely instant casts would uh, mean that it would be a completely different, new job.

which is fine but you can just make a new job instead of deleting an old one while you're at it.

edit: also surecast? i'm not sure why mention the role actions that every caster has in the first place, unless you just think that cast times shouldn't exist at all. and well, ok, if that's the case, sure, but then this is a completely different conversation.
I think they may be referring to Sharpcast which I guess? Didn't even register as a thing because I'm so desensitized to the Reassemble/Chainsaw combo that Machinists do that's functionally the same thing.

XaosWolf

One Winged Slayer - Powered by Friendship™
Oct 27, 2017
Change the run animation for DRG and WAR please. They look so doofy.

consolidate 👏 combos 👏 into 👏 one 👏button 👏 PLEASE. i am running out of room. I cannot handle more than two hotbars.
Absolutely this. Pressing 3 buttons is only barely more complex than pressing one button 3 times.

r_rose

Mar 1, 2022
I'd like to see a major button pruning while simultaniously making the jobs more engaging to play and less reliance on team cooldowns/two minute meta.

Pendas

Oct 28, 2017
i don't think any job is obligated to be played more if the current playerbase enjoys it. it's why there's a ridiculous amount of jobs in the game, so that people who like different things can be accommodated. the reason why blm is the least played dps is exactly why people who do play the job like it. it's the least orthodox dps (arguably straight up job) in the game that has the least in common with how every other dps is designed. the blm community as i've known them largely really likes how the job works and mostly reserves their many complaints to everything else lol.

i do not think having a handful of instants to let you navigate fights more comfortably contradicts the 'power fantasy' in the least because there is almost always a resource you need to pay for in damage optimization or safety and lumping in leylines is still bizarre to me because ever since they were introduced in heavensward they basically solidified the identity of blm as a 'turret'. you are stuck in place with the leyline because any moment you aren't in it and aren't casting is a complete waste.

how easy or hard blm has it with dealing with raids has far more to do with how the raids themselves are designed and tested versus blm itself, the way jobs are designed and expected to be used is not kept in a vacuum from how raids are designed. it's why many fights now have taken into consideration allowing melee dps to maintain uptime if they understand the mechanics well enough to remain close to the boss. yoshiP is a blm main himself, he would know better than almost anyone on the team about raids having to meet every job in the middle.

ultimately the difficulty is what's appealing and what people opt into if they decide they really like blm, because there's a lot to learn about the job and improve on and knowledge to build that you cannot transfer in or out very easily. making blm resemble its version in pvp which is iirc entirely instant casts would uh, mean that it would be a completely different, new job.

which is fine but you can just make a new job instead of deleting an old one while you're at it.

edit: also surecast? i'm not sure why mention the role actions that every caster has in the first place, unless you just think that cast times shouldn't exist at all. and well, ok, if that's the case, sure, but then this is a completely different conversation.

You can have w/e opinion you want about Black Mage... my position will stand.
I've played BLM since 2.0 and have seen its evolution over the years... and every single change/ new ability since Heavensward has been about making its basic rotation/Enochain easier to manage instead of just scrapping it entirely. At a certain point, Yoshi-P needs to realize that maybe the core design is the problem and stop putting band-aid fixes for it. You like how it plays? That's cool, glad you like it.... but its clunky as hell to a majority of players, and I believe you can still achieve the Turret style gameplay of BLM in a better way than what we currently have.

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
Just a better PLD rotation, right now it's not good if you want to do an optimal rotation.

Someone said PLD = MT & WAR = OT, yeah bring that back.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I am definitely someone who largely feels that positionals add nothing to the game (basically a "fake" mechanic), but I'd be down for this. If there were the core purview of one class they would feel a lot less like meaningless busywork for playing a melee in general, and would have room to potentially be actually interesting.
+1

I hate positionals tbh

I want classes to feel different. A lot of them feel very similar IMO

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious to see how they rework Astro and Dragoon. They just made Sage and I love it so I have high hopes for Astro.

Dancer is in a good spot, I just wish you'd get ten gauge instead of five on weaponskills. I liked flourish better in Shb though, giving you two single target and two aoe procs instead of choosing between them.

It would be nice if Summoner got a few new gemstones and you could choose which ones you like, but I'm sure there would just end up being 3 that are best. A new Summon would help the job feel less monotonous. More than anything, I just want to press ruin less.

I expect DNC to get more unnecessary button bloat even though it was already perfect from the jump in SHB.

Is it button bloat if you press one every minute and the other every 2 minutes?