Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love for them to get rid of positional for every job except Monk, and make it Monk's thing.

I am definitely someone who largely feels that positionals add nothing to the game (basically a "fake" mechanic), but I'd be down for this. If there were the core purview of one class they would feel a lot less like meaningless busywork for playing a melee in general, and would have room to potentially be actually interesting.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
What I want: Samurai to get literally anything interesting. Sword spirits, etc. Actually high-damage attacks again, as well.

What I'll get: Samurai gets another slash animation with boring effects that doesn't do as much damage as Samurai moves used to.

Nixius

Feb 20, 2024
Well for one to not rework and dumb down AST like twice every expansion.

I also want SB AST back aka time mage, cards with different buffs and the ability to extend their duration.

Nama

A Big Deal
Nov 2, 2017
I want all the jobs to play or at least feel more like their pvp versions. PvP versions of nearly every jobs are more interesting in theme and functions. Honestly though I'm not expecting much changes at all.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
I just want them to let the jobs reach a more complete kit by level 50. They can still leave some stuff throughout leveling, but there's going to be so much content now that we're reaching level 100 where we don't even feel like we're playing half of the job yet.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I just want them to let the jobs reach a more complete kit by level 50. They can still leave some stuff throughout leveling, but there's going to be so much content now that we're reaching level 100 where we don't even feel like we're playing half of the job yet.

The first 40-50 levels of machinist are death. Just agonizingly dull.

Chille

Jan 7, 2018
Tbh huge chance we getting a level squish after Dawntrail, so whatever the next expansion is. So in that case unless they gut each job this will happen anyway.

Pendas

Oct 28, 2017
1) Get Rid of Positional
2) Make Black Mage function more similar to how it is in PvP and get rid of the 16 second Astral Timers.

RJAlpha

Oct 26, 2018
I don't expect it, but as Black Mage I want a second 'stand in this' circle that augments something other than spell speed. maybe make it a little bigger and give a small party buff, or something. Just don't make leylines movable, only cowards ask for that. Double down on 'place leylines and pray'.

Nama

A Big Deal
Nov 2, 2017
Paladin = MT
Warrior = OT
It did always feel weird to me dps and healer roles have sub roles in a sense. Sheild vs regen heals, caster with or without raise, dps with or without utility etc. However they decided against that with tanks and made them all same. Tank role really feels like its being designed to try and get dps players to play tank over making tank players happy.

Jan 11, 2018
I am definitely someone who largely feels that positionals add nothing to the game (basically a "fake" mechanic), but I'd be down for this. If there were the core purview of one class they would feel a lot less like meaningless busywork for playing a melee in general, and would have room to potentially be actually interesting.

Maybe they'll actually remove them with the DRG rework?

1) Get Rid of Positional
2) Make Black Mage function more similar to how it is in PvP and get rid of the 16 second Astral Timers.

BLM is one of my least played jobs, next to SCH. Except for in PvP. BLM is damn fun in PvP.

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
Death to the AST opener is all I really want that I expect will happen. I know there's other things that would be nice and individual abilities I wish were revamped or removed across several jobs I play but none of them are deal breakers or anything.

Playing WoW again as healer for Dragonflight and getting Ahead of the Curve there also made me wish endgame healing was better. The way that it's designed now manages to be both boring or frustrating depending on content, pressing a single dot and ST or AoE button with some oGCD healing CD if needed and that's about it. GCD healing being "bad" at endgame genuinely feels like a design flaw but who knows if they will ever fix it. Would be nice if they at least acknowledged that is how healing works and designed healer kits around that for a more consistent leveling>endgame experience, but we have what we have now.

AST is really the only job that breaks up the monotony a bit via cards so that's why I still prefer it even if it has its own issues. SGE feels more designed for that style of gameplay with Kardia being an early ability but also is an endgame job that has a really barren kit until you hit the 70s. The leveling experience in general for healers is pretty rough outside of queue times.

I've seen the datamine info but not sure what that means yet regarding it. I know AST
cards buffs are changing at least somewhat
and all healing classes
look like they are getting some type of effect on some of their core shield/Regen skills
so I am interested where that goes.

Last edited:

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah 1 button combos need to happen. I've been using the plugin for years and basically can't play most jobs on patch day until its updated lol

Meta

"This guy are sick"
Oct 29, 2017
Also my mildly spicy take is that the self-buffs for melee do nothing but artificially pad the rotation and I would not cry for a second if they were gone.

Spicier take: get rid of all party-wide damage buffs that create burst windows. They aren't "raid utility" and nearly every DPS has one, so all they do is create X-minute metas.

For the sake of job flavor, Bard can keep its basic song rotation party buffs (because they're always on). Dancer's Standard Step now applies to the whole party (so now it's always on), and their partner gets a bonus 1%.

Reaper and Monk can still grab resources with Cloudy Pink Icon and Brotherhood
Dragoon's crit buff can get fucked
Red Mage's buff can get fucked
Trick Attack can get fucked
Scholar's chain stratagem upgrade is clearly in the benchmark, making this a pointless exercise, but it can still get fucked
AST cards are boring, but frequent enough to stay
Searing Light is a joke, no one cares, get fucked

Great, now every job can have different burst windows, or even no burst window at all! Is anyone actually going to looking at this list of button bloat and say "yeah I'll miss that, it's my job identity"

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Spicier take: get rid of all party-wide damage buffs that create burst windows. They aren't "raid utility" and nearly every DPS has one, so all they do is create X-minute metas.
If they ever get rid of x minute windows, wouldn't party wide buffs be enough to do it? Not sure if I expect that to happen but it seems like that would enable some timing variation for everyone.

Get rid of party buffs for all classes, but introduce a support class who solely party buffs 🧠

h8bit

Oct 26, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
If they ever get rid of x minute windows, wouldn't party wide buffs be enough to do it? Not sure if I expect that to happen but it seems like that would enable some timing variation for everyone.

Get rid of party buffs for all classes, but introduce a support class who solely party buffs 🧠

I'll caveat that I don't do high end raiding and I never have. But if you put the onus of party buffs on a single job, aren't you sort of making that job more 'difficult' than the others because the other people in the party rely on them to do optimal dps? One screw up and you throw everyone off I would think. Also, every party would need basically require one.

edit: I should also mention what I'm looking for! I main RDM so as long as they just aren't tacking on yet another thing at the end of the melee combo i'll be good. Now that I'm more comfortable with SGE I will say that I've begun to understand why people who main healers complain about the lack of damage options. Especially for SGE who's whole initial sell was on the idea of doing damage for heals.

Last edited:

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
All I want is that they stop the homogenization of Jobs.

Removing kaiten made Samurai a way worse Job and this is also true for many other Jobs. Everything just has to obey the awful 2 minute meta and I wish they would just stop with it.
100%. So many jobs just don't feel unique anymore

Shiki

Nov 30, 2017
I'd love for NIN to have a more compelling rotation outside of burst. Even if it's just alternate 1-2-3

Rubblatus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
At a boring minimum, I'm expecting everyone's Shadowbringers/Chainsaw style big-buttons to pick up a follow up OGCD, some basic combos getting updated, and some tanks getting Confeitor style strings. What I WANT...

Universally -

ST and AOE combo buttons being (Mostly) reduced to a single button for everyone except Monk. I've been playing this way for a while. It does not meaningfully hurt the moment-to-moment gameplay and decision making for most jobs. I do think there's a great design niche by applying Monk's build-a-string combo stances that should be tapped into moving forward for more DPS jobs. There are combo branches that proc maintenance buffs like Ninja's attack speed buff, but those should just be stand-alone buttons that light up at the right spot in the primary combo chain so they're only taking up two buttons and not, y'know, 4+ depending on how early they branch.

Some opt-in button consolidation/contextual updating. Not requiring a dedicated Mudra button but instead double-tapping a Mudra to cast it, or having your ST Combo update to the Ninjitsu cast when you start plugging in a mudra helps a lot in keeping your bars nice and tidy.

Reducing Positionals and giving jobs usually just one spot to hang out in; flankers v. rearers. It's a big factor in why I played Ninja at the start of Endwalker because I only needed to worry about the rear in fights where it was relevant. I think there's still value in keeping DPS from just stacking on tanks through mild damage bonuses on specific attacks though. Monks are exempt.

Just fleshing out AOE options. It's weird that ST buttons will usually get three steps with way more effects and there's a lot of jobs with AOE strings that stop after one or two steps.

MCH -

This is the job I want to change the most; way more Battery interaction in general. It has its own gauge, but it's only used on one move and the only rotational challenge currently is using Heat to delay Battery generation so that you go into your two-minute windows with 100 Battery. To shake things up I'd want:
A second Battery Spender to keep Battery from overcapping waiting to line up Automaton: Queen. Think Samurai's Hissatsu: Shiten.
A maintenance buff off of Drill (And possibly Bioblaster) that randomly procs extra battery generation, which must be managed by spending Battery.
A second AOE combo button that generates Battery.
Giving Automaton: Queen an AOE element on its Overdrive. I think it's just ST right now, which is still TECHNICALLY worth using if you're going to overcap on Battery anyway.

GNB -

I think most of the datamined stuff covers this. Bloodfest -> Confeitor strings, a Continuation follow-up on Fated Circle, that sort of thing. I wish there was an AOE Gnashing Fang Continuation Combo, as otherwise AOE No Mercy windows are just Fated Circle spam.

SMN -

For the love of God either move Elemental Mastery from 86 to like 30 levels earlier, or break it up into three separate traits and have them come online at 60, 70 and 80. I can live with it being Baby's First DPS Caster. I can't live with the class only being fun for like 15% of the game's content.

consolidate 👏 combos 👏 into 👏 one 👏button 👏 PLEASE. i am running out of room. I cannot handle more than two hotbars.
If you're on PC, there is a plugin that lets you get away with that, and then some. I use it because I refuse to reach anywhere beyond 1-5+R on my keyboard.

The 16 second Astral/Umbral timer is literally the reason I'm planning on playing BLM in Dawntrail. =( The lack of a real momentum-killing fail state for every other job outside maybe Bard song management hurts me.

I'll caveat that I don't do high end raiding and I never have. But if you put the onus of party buffs on a single job, aren't you sort of making that job more 'difficult' than the others because the other people in the party rely on them to do optimal dps? One screw up and you throw everyone off I would think. Also, every party would need basically require one.
It really wouldn't change very much. Instead of 2-4 people coordinating when they activate their own individual buffs and moving their DPS windows around to deal with awful jump/mechanic timings, you just have one person announcing they're delaying a buff window, and giving a countdown to start going ham again.

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Was mostly joking as a way to keep party buffs a 'thing' if they hypothetically removed them from other jobs. I don't expect such a 'hard support' class to ever be in the game though, particularly since even healers are mostly DPS.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
After leveling all classes to max, maybe finally give Monk the 3rd missing AoE so they can have a full AoE combo.

DimitriLH

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
As a SCH.....don't kill my pet mechanics and add more to them lol.

As much as I want my DoT spread back, I've grown used to playing without it, also, gimmie more uses for Fey gauge I guess?

Edit: Oh, one more change, adding the pvp limit breaks for lvl 1 or 2 for pve for some added strategy options?

Hell, give us some of our pvp skills for pve too

Last edited:

h8bit

Oct 26, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Was mostly joking as a way to keep party buffs a 'thing' if they hypothetically removed them from other jobs. I don't expect such a 'hard support' class to ever be in the game though, particularly since even healers are mostly DPS.

hah gotcha, sorry I didn't pick up on that

i'll say that i really love support roles in other games. enabling others with skills i have is really rewarding and was sort of the reason i leveled my bard. it left me wanting a little more which is why i love RDM so much. being able to save raids with rezzes is incredibly rewarding.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
Combine combos into a single button, give Samurai Kaiten back, start un-hamogenizing jobs. I also hope Astro gets some of its card complexity back and isn't made even simpler.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
On Samurai, which I have played since launch of Stormblood:

- Consolidate Shoha and Shoha II. There's no need for Shoha II: Shoharder to exist. They can also consolidate Guren and Senei, they could be one button with the "hits one person for full damage and does falloff AOE on the rest" trait.

- I honestly don't care if Kaiten doesn't come back which I know is controversial. But what they really do need which Kaiten did is a reason to manage Kenki. Kenki is basically the "stab people with Shinten" button except for every two minutes when it becomes the "chop people with Senei" button. If they don't want to add any additional Kenki abilities they should just remove Kenki and make Shinten/Kyuten and Guren/Senei on timers. Perhaps they introduce a secondary combo that's better than the basic one and uses Kenki to do, or something like that. But the crux of what people are really mad about is that Kenki doesn't really do anything other than Shinten (or Kyuten in AoE) and Senei (or Guren in AoE).

- Third Eye should do something better than what it currently does. Yeah you get Kenki when you get hit but the actual damage reduction it does is kinda ass especially when you compare it to stuff like Reaper's self-protection skill.

- This is more of a "I just want it" thing, but I'd really like it if the Tsubame-Gaeshi versions of the Iaijutsu (when you repeat them) turned into a different looking attack. It would just look nicer than "do the same thing twice" which is what it currently is.

Make every job play like Dancer
It want RNG 24/7

How about no lol.

Brando

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
For Summoner, please make Carby auto summon on res in dungeons, trials and raids.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
consolidate 👏 combos 👏 into 👏 one 👏button 👏 PLEASE. i am running out of room. I cannot handle more than two hotbars.

Preach.

Also just consolidate buttons that can only do a thing after another button has been pushed. Energy Drain should just turn into Fester (same for the AoE version). There is not a single situation you would ever use Energy Drain while you can still use Fester.

filkry

Oct 25, 2017
PLD main, don't have many requests. I'd like to be able to store a couple stacks of Divine Might so I can build my own ranged phase at any point during the fight.

I'd also like confeteor to toggle between two different hotbar icons every time you cast it, so I can easily tell if this burst is a 1 minute or 2 minute without memorizing fight flow or looking at my buffs from other raid members.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
Get rid of the shitty 2 minute meta

Huton just needs to be a trait for Ninja. Make Ninja a 60 second job again.

Monk needs an ability to dump a Nadi for a resource like how Samurai has Hagakure.

Gunbreaker needs to be way less punishing

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
No more wall bosses. They're boring. Also figure out the button bloat. Lastly, give my fairy back some more spells. Selene needs to be a monster again :D

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
I want a dehomogenization of tank jobs. In the early FFXIV each tank felt pretty unique and mitigated damage in their own way. Now they all kind of feel like the same job with different names for the same basic abilities.

I also think it would be fun for summoner (or any job) to return to being a damage over time focused job.

God all of this. There used to be a point to being an Omnitank.

Latonin

Sep 23, 2023
I predict more homogenizing and more removal of positionals. Long gone are the days of HW job design for better and worse.

If they walk back some of the 2 minute CD design decisions I will consider that a win though because that will at least allow some identity back into jobs.

Considering I think more positionals if not all will go I hope they do something to add more expression of skill for melee. I personally liked positionals but bosses move so much now I can see why they are going. I feel like it would have to be tools to let melee players get more damage up time while reducing boss hit boxes. The hit boxes in Endwalker were way to big.

Ranged Physical need an overhaul. I just don't think the "ranged tax" makes sense with how fights are currently designed and if they keep the 2 minute design they will suffer more unless their existing support skills are buffed or new support skills are very good. Also I still hate that Bard and Machinist have a cone AoE...Give back their ranged circle AoEs!

Tanks are currently way to self sufficient for mitigation and self healing. That should get nerfed some or tanks should have to work harder for the self healing.

Geode

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
I hope they get rid of positionals. Some bosses are annoying to fight with the constant moving and turning they do.

Pendas

Oct 28, 2017
The 16 second Astral/Umbral timer is literally the reason I'm planning on playing BLM in Dawntrail. =( The lack of a real momentum-killing fail state for every other job outside maybe Bard song management hurts me.

Have you played it before in a raiding environment? Black Mage has too many fail states to the point where it feels frustrating to play. Standing still for cast times, Astral and Umbral Timers… those two alone create a loop that is more stressful than satisfying. Keep one or the other…. But both is nuts. The fact that Black Mage has FOUR cooldowns that effectively do the same thing… reduce your cast time… it shows that the job has a problem on a fundamental level. When all your cooldowns make the job easier to play instead of proving some unique boost… you've got a problem.