Askherserenity

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
looks good to me, since the design philosophy seems to be based around just the fun parts of FO4 (wandering around and doing random stuff, ignoring the dumb story) and allowing you to do it with your friends.

I'll have more of an opinion tomorrow when I play it (assuming they don't delete my preload again..) but I'm optimistic. I don't mind the bethesda jank.

lol You really are.

People thinking this game won't sell are wrong. It'll be a mess but it'll sell well, I'm sure.

Twitch is most likely going to be eating it up.

Rigby

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ezgif.com-gif-makermwe13.gif
Robert-De-Niro-Oh-you.gif

Nov 23, 2017
So, you don't think a new engine is needed? Speaking as someone that's not driving by.
To be more serious, I am not saying this game isn't buggy, because it is. It's funny how some people talk about how much they love bugs and have nostalgia for games of yore because of how broken they are. Feel like this game is giving me these vibes.

As far as their engine goes, starfield already is getting a huge huge upgrade to basically every piece of it. Doesn't mean they have to start from nothing.

Max|Payne

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
They should just use Id tech
It's amazing, Bethesda as a publisher has exclusive access to one of the greatest engines in the industry but their main internal studio is still clinging to a Frankenstein monster-style engine with infamous long standing bugs and issues that they just won't fix.

Playing a bit of armchair dev here, BGS could get the latest id tech build, make a smaller game first to familiarize themselves with the tech and tools and then start modifying it to their needs over time and replace Creationbryo wholesale with it.

haxan

Oct 25, 2017
Uh, is there a way to get a refund on my PS4 preorder that doesn't involve having to deal with some butthole from customer support?

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Well the videos should be hilarious of groups of people fighting each other while running at high speeds while looking down at the ground 90% of the time.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe you need to fucking overthink the stuff you set priorities on like being able to interact with every single object.

They are way overdue for a big change.
Thing is, people who play their games like these features. When I get a new TES, I dont want a very stable shooter engine. I want a Bethesda open world minus shit like caves that need to load, stuttering, animation glitches, and weird framerate behaviour.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
It hasnt even released yet and this is an issue that was also present in F4.

I'm more speaking to the entire experience. Fallout 4 was fine in that regard at least on pc where I didn't experience many glitches or problems just a mediocre story but other than that it was fine. I played the full time of the 76 beta on pc last night and it was simply dreadful. I wasn't even a naysayer either I wanted to play this pretty bad. I'm not going in on the "typical Bethesda" circlejerk because I generally love all their games but Fallout 76 is uniquely bad imo.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
I'm more speaking to the entire experience. Fallout 4 was fine in that regard at least on pc where I didn't experience many glitches or problems just a mediocre story but other than that it was fine. I played the full time of the 76 beta on pc last night and it was simply dreadful. I wasn't even a naysayer either I wanted to play this pretty bad. I'm not going in on the "typical Bethesda" circlejerk because I generally love all their games but Fallout 76 is uniquely bad imo.

Regardless, FO4 has basically had all the technical problems that F76 is having.

FO4 also had game speed tied to framerate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4EHjFkVw-s

But the fact that F76 is just FO4 stripped to its absolute core mechanics (shooting, scavenging) it's more noticable. Plus, multiplayer, obviously. No ones gonna bother with PVP like this.

Buff Beefbroth

Chicken Chaser
Apr 12, 2018
Bethesda gets a free pass for everything and will get a free pass for this and it will sell like crazy.

ISOM

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Fallout 76 just seems like such a half assed game to cash grab on the Fallout franchise with minimal amount of work put in.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Hope Bethesda manages to fix this one. Not sure they'll allow fans to mess around with it like with the SP games (which at least allowed us on PC's to apply some "bandaids" on them).

butterbutt!

Oct 27, 2017
I have to hope this project is not what BGS has been putting most of their resources into since 2015. If this is all they can produce even with their scaling up after Fallout 4 that is very disheartening. Does not bode well for the undoubtedly greater demands of next-gen development.

GMM

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have to hope this project is not what BGS has been putting most of their resources into since 2015. If this is all they can produce even with their scaling up after Fallout 4 that is very disheartening. Does not bode well for the undoubtedly greater demands of next-gen development.

As far as I understand Fallout 76 is not being primarily done by Bethesda Game Studios that makes Elder Scrolls/Fallout, but rather another studio within Bethesda that is overseen by BGS.