Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe Bethesda will finally get raked over the coals for their terribly unpolished games now.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
ZKHZSaq.gif

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
Man... Im not even surprised. Just how Bethesda rolls. The fanbase is quite used to their buggy staff so I doubt people would care much.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Holy shit. That is crazy.

Heid

Jan 7, 2018
I feel like I've heard bizarre bugs tied to frame rate before..? Fire rate for guns or something?

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
So if I turn graphics down to low and play in a postage stamp sized screen resolution with unlocked framerate then can I be Sanic.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Look down, look down,
So you won't walk so lame.
Look down, look down,
You're in Bethesda's game.

OP
OP
Eolz

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
going to repeat this, this is the last generation bethesda is going to get away with this type of stuff

Shit like this is why I'm in wait and see mode with ES 6...or whatever they do next. I'm well past the point of giving them the benefit of the doubt on running a competent game.
Imagine if this Creation Engine 2.0 or whatever they name the ES6 engine is still Gamebryo with the same bugs behind.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I really wonder what the *actual* genesis for Fallout 76 was.

I can't actually believe anyone at Bethesda who had been in the industry for long, let alone shipping Morrowind, Oblivion, Fo3, Skyrim, Fo4 etc thought "Hey, let's make a Fallout PvP survival game" "could be fun" "let's run it on the Creation Engine/modded as heck Gamebryo" "Wait what".

Everyone understands making an engine would require time & money. Both of which Bethesda have in spades. But like god damn. They need to actually build a new engine, or shift to Unreal 4 etc. They can keep patching up Gamebryo/Creation forever but you're still putting a plaster on the wound.

It was probably a knee jerk reaction towards seeing GaaS MP titles and BR games doing well, so why not shoehorn a popular IP into that genre and see what happens

Only what happens seems to be going pretty poorly

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Hum... any other evidence for this? Could just be funky or buggy physics model that has inconsistent vector math.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
And to think tying your framerate was a thing that died in 90s early to mid 2000s Japanese console development

Dark Souls 2 was released in 2014. If that counts.

Is there focus even PC anymore? I remember last gen when Skyrim came out the pc community gave them a ton of shit for how the UI was basically designed around console. Mods had to fix it up.

Doesn't seem like it, aside from a few outliers like TW2. It was designed with consoles in mind, but the initial PC version didn't feel like a shoddy port, and felt like the version that was thought of first.

FairFight

Oct 27, 2017
Chandler, AZ
Just ridiculous. And to think they could be using the time spent on this to make a proper elder scrolls game. Persistent online/games as a service is all the rage and I absolutely hate it.

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Imagine if this Creation Engine 2.0 or whatever they name the ES6 engine is still Gamebryo with the same bugs behind.
well Nirolak basically reported on this earlier when i asked about the future of BGS. they apparently are planning to use the creation engine *still*. baffling. i know.
They were pretty clear that their next engine is a continuation of their existing one. They're doing things like completely replacing the animation engine, but it's a progressive process.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the hot takes in this thread

here's a prediction:

it'll be somewhat buggy, particularly around launch
it'll be fun (at least to its fans)
it'll be successful
bethesda will continue to do well

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I use to use that trick in everquest when shit got laggy

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
Like, C'mon. Can't wait to see something along the lines of "any %, no glitch, looking down" on the speed running sites.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
If you didn't know this game was going to be an absolute dumpster fire the moment it was announced, I feel like you don't know anything about video games. My friends and I saw this from a million miles away.

Nevertheless, it'll probably still sell just fine and turn a nice, tidy profit. Really curious about reviews, though (not that they will necessarily matter).