GameZone

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Making this an online game while using this engine has been nothing but a disaster. First Fallout game I won`t buy.

vegtro

Oct 25, 2017
I remember the front wagon in the intro of Skyrim would always fly off into the sky when the fps was too high.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
It sucks for everyone probably doing 100 hour weeks to make this but yeah, it's not looking too good

The game has never sounded like it was even close to a good idea, but hopefully it's good for those who want it

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Its not like this is their first game. This is one of the biggest devs out there and alot of PC focus also.

tenor.gif

J75

Sep 29, 2018
And to think tying your framerate was a thing that died in 90s early to mid 2000s Japanese console development

The Pharmercy

Oct 26, 2017
It sucks for everyone probably doing 100 hour weeks to make this but yeah, it's not looking too good

The game has never sounded like it was even close to a good idea, but hopefully it's good for those who want it

I really wonder what the *actual* genesis for Fallout 76 was.

I can't actually believe anyone at Bethesda who had been in the industry for long, let alone shipping Morrowind, Oblivion, Fo3, Skyrim, Fo4 etc thought "Hey, let's make a Fallout PvP survival game" "could be fun" "let's run it on the Creation Engine/modded as heck Gamebryo" "Wait what".

Everyone understands making an engine would require time & money. Both of which Bethesda have in spades. But like god damn. They need to actually build a new engine, or shift to Unreal 4 etc. They can keep patching up Gamebryo/Creation forever but you're still putting a plaster on the wound.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Shit like this is why I'm in wait and see mode with ES 6...or whatever they do next. I'm well past the point of giving them the benefit of the doubt on running a competent game.