Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
do you lose a portion of your runes every time you die even if you collect them? trying to work out if i have something bad equipped, or it's a stormveil thing maybe

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Margit doesn't feel like a particularly well designed boss - at least relative to how early into the game he is.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
That's an Incantation that requires Faith and a finger seal, not a staff
It's an incantation rather than a sorcery so you need a seal rather than a staff to cast it.

Worth it though imo, I've found it very useful.

The help menu mentioned staff or seal. The way it was worded I thought I needed one or the other, not one for each type of spell.

Where can I find those seals? Can I buy them or have to find them?

Thanks in advance!

Mandelbo

Oct 30, 2017
Also, has anyone worked out yet what the deal is with
Fia? I interacted with her once to see what would happen and got the poise boost blessing, but also got a debuff indicator that looks like I have less health or something (red box with a downwards arrow on it.) This feels a bit like the hollow lord quest in DS3 where you got "free" levels when you died - there has to be a catch and I don't want to see what it is lol

MonsterJail

Self requested temp ban
Avenger
Feb 27, 2018
Playing as a wretch, few hours in, bit nervous about allocating points - any vague indication of how long until I might find spells/miracles/whatever for sale?

Galadrome

Mar 4, 2021
Managed to one shot Margit by hitting guard counters while while he's delaying his attacks, jump attacking him when he retreats, and jumping over his tail swipe and hitting with a jump heavy. Got two stance breaks and finished quickly, at around level 20 with a +2 claymore. I am so, so glad that blocking with a weapon is finally a viable option rather than a last resort. The most satisfying gameplay in any From Soft RPG.

Also I'm gushing about how different attack elements are useful again. I'm carrying around holy bombs, fire arrows, and a blunt weapon on top of my claymore to deal with different threats. This game emphasizes RPG elements in a way we haven't seen since Demon's Souls. So, so happy to finally play this masterpiece.

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
Also, has anyone worked out yet what the deal is with
Fia? I interacted with her once to see what would happen and got the poise boost blessing, but also got a debuff indicator that looks like I have less health or something (red box with a downwards arrow on it.) This feels a bit like the hollow lord quest in DS3 where you got "free" levels when you died - there has to be a catch and I don't want to see what it is lol

Yep!

This one will take some time. Keep visiting her and let her hug you. You'll be able to talk with her. Eventually she'll ask you for a favor. I think you'll need to take down a couple Lords first, but eventually her dialog options will expand. I won't say more, but there's indeed a purpose for her.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
died to the lake dragon with 1 hit left...

how many Souls games have we played in the last 12ish years? how do we STILL not stop being greedy? lol >_<

edit: ded now tho

Last edited:

shodgson8

Shinra Employee
Aug 22, 2018
Have played for my first two hours. Quick thoughts:

World design always means a lot to me and this one seems wonderful. I am heading off in all sorts of directions after seeing something interesting. I am pretty fucking lost right now and loving it. Major BOTW vibes from some of these elements.

I love that the game just lets you loose, yes it can feel a bit overwhelming but I am just so bored of highly directed open worlds with objective markers popping off everywhere at this point.

Combat so far had felt good but more of same…I won't lie in saying that I miss how incredibly tight Sekiro felt. I can't see this topping that game in terms of combat but I had kind of guessed that going in.

On PS5, I am happy with visuals. Playing in performance mode and I can certainly see drops and some terrain pop in however nothing that has been too rough personally.

Ruddles

Oct 17, 2018
Reading about Souls vets struggling on early bosses is making me nervous… I've played Demons and enjoyed it but cheesed some bosses (poison cloud on Allant), beat Dark Souls with a super-tanky build to make life easy, and I managed to clear Bloodborne but only just through massive over levelling and tbh I found it a bit miserable. DS3 I bounced off and Sekiro brutalised me. Couldn't beat it.

Sounds like the difficulty might be a bit much for someone like me? How do people feel about the pre-launch goal that this should be more accessible than previous titles?

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
There's just so much to find in these starting areas, gonna be hours before I get to Margit.

Highly recommend going south! A lot to find down there

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Reading about Souls vets struggling on early bosses is making me nervous… I've played Demons and enjoyed it but cheesed some bosses (poison cloud on Allant), beat Dark Souls with a super-tanky build to make life easy, and I managed to clear Bloodborne but only just through massive over levelling and tbh I found it a bit miserable. DS3 I bounced off and Sekiro brutalised me. Couldn't beat it.

Sounds like the difficulty might be a bit much for someone like me? How do people feel about the pre-launch goal that this should be more accessible than previous titles?

It's more accessible in that you can go somewhere else instead of beating your head against Boss X for 5 hours. You can discover new locations and things instead, then go back to Boss X when you feel ready.

Whales

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Beat Margit but I don't know... I struggled so much...

Because of this. Right there with you, hate it. I hope other boss fights are more fun, I can't remember the last time I struggled like this on a souls fight XD

what level were you when you beat him? im using a +3 greatsword and I feel like im not doing too much damage.

or maybe he is just meant to be pretty tanky

Jan 4, 2018
unknown.png
unknown.png

27d.jpg

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
ive beaten every souls game and margit is the hardest boss ive ever fought from them. wtf lol. Been stuck on this for hours.

Omnipotent

User requested ban
Banned
Feb 28, 2021

Im a "souls vet" but I've never considered myself to be "good" at these games. I am okay enough to get by, but I'm not really having much trouble with the game of that helps at all. I think maybe some vets aren't making use of ERs new mechanics and playing it too much like Dark Souls which ends up making the game a lot harder than it needs to be. Use the mechanics the game gives you (Jumping heavy, ashes, charged attacks, guard counter, spirit summons) and you'll be fine.

limone

Feb 4, 2022
Italy
I put some multiplayer group passwords and I see some strange message popup at times. I don't remember the exact message but it always seems partially written, like "Someone from group XXX" and it ends abruptly.
What's the purpose of these group messages?

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I never see summon signs

Playing in online mode? Did you use the consumable item that lets you see summon signs?
In Elden Ring, as in so many other FromSoftware games, summon signs represent other players. They look like piles of rocks on the ground. Use a Furlcalling Finger Remedy to see nearby summon signs. Gold summon signs are allies — people who want to help you. Red summon signs are enemies — people who want to fight you.

TolerLive

Senior Lighting Artist
Verified
Nov 15, 2017
Redmond, WA
Playing as a wretch, few hours in, bit nervous about allocating points - any vague indication of how long until I might find spells/miracles/whatever for sale?
I played wretch and bought my first spell at about 4 hours of game time. If you avoid some of the tougher areas initially and level through smaller enemies during exploration you should be finr!

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
I fucking love jolly cooperation. I haven't even leveled up any yet, found nothing for my wretch except a pair of greaves, but I finally found and beat my first boss in the catacomb area and now I get to help others. Now I'll be able to finally level up lol

Just had 3x wretches fight it (and lose) beautiful

Marbled Jelly

May 24, 2021
Been playing as confessor and this game is killing me. I've only cleared two camps and have otherwise just been dying, haven't even beat the tree sentinel, I'm considering restarting as Astologer or Vagabond. Is it worth it?

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
How do people have upgraded weapons at Margit? I only got to the place with the Smith after I beat him with my +0 uchigatana.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if summoning NPC characters for boss fights buff the boss? I know they do for actual co-op players but didn't know if it did for the NPC ones.

Sep 21, 2019
Ok, so swapped in a PS4 controller on PS5 and still no vibration.

Is anyone playing this on a Playstation console getting vibration?

Status
Not open for further replies.