Multiplayer Password

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Lots of people asking about it, so let's make one, group password:

Hidden content
You need -1 more posts to view this content
Case sensitive!

Group password means that people who set it up will be prioritized in matchmaking for coop, pvp, messages, bloodstains etc. provided they are in vicinity. It will NOT in any way obstruct random matchmaking of all aforementioned features.

You can also have other group passwords set up with your friends etc. from what I read about the system.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
sorry Freezasaurus Aurica time to restart as a Hero, I need my big boi stuff, I don't have the patience for this magic bullshit

I betrayed the Prophet bros and I'm ashamed of my actions.

No but for realsies tho, this melee feels fantastic with the new jumping attacks and guard counters, it's the best time to be a big boi shield bro.

edit: btw PS5 feels mostly fine, but even early on it's deffo a bit framey at times. nothing major but certainly noticiable

Eidan

AVALANCHE
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I won't lie, it's hard coming off the Demon's Souls remake to this, at least initially. But it's not the visuals I miss, but the more intuitive character creator and the haptic feedback, which I LOVE in the remake.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Game is looking noice. My wretch still naked. Got some new weapons but need to upgrade my dex and str.
Exploration is so good.

FMczQgtXoAYY7Q0

I haven't found any equipment for my Wretched but I broke down and bought a chain mail hat.

Undies, hat and a club. All an adventurer needs :3

Hero Prinny

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Quick question; I accidentally restarted my PC when I got to the Roundtable so I didnt get to read the tutorial message for it. What can you do there and how do I get back there? I got invaded while exploring it and got the boot cause i suck and died

Oct 25, 2017
So for astrologer, does endurance affect cast speed as well? If so, maybe that's why I feel like I suck. I have yet to put any points into endurance. That plus I have yet to find a new staff.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Quick question; I accidentally restarted my PC when I got to the Roundtable so I didnt get to read the tutorial message for it. What can you do there and how do I get back there? I got invaded while exploring it and got the boot cause i suck and died

You can fast travel in/out of there from the map, and it's a gathering place for NPCs. And there's a shop and blacksmith.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Really like the mechanic where it refills your flasks if you wipe out a group of enemies

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
fam, I get immediatly going off the beaten path, but how were some of y'all missing this early stuff, like the level up lady :D

I actually feel design wise they point you in the direction of the stuff you need early on really well, just visually (I'm not even talking about the guiding light thing).

Right below where you start next to the first NPC dude you see a ruined church where the vendor that sells the crafting kit is, a few steps after you see a path up a hill with a dude patrolling, very indicative of "hey maybe you should follow thiis path", which leads to some sort of bandit cam and then the level up lady is right there in the bonfire near it, in the giant archway next to the camp. And in said camp you get the map fragment and the first ash of war. It's all contained right there in the starting surrounding area not even 5mins after you start, pretty neat imo.

Again, not judging or mocking, but damn some of you guys must have really fucked off in the "wrong" direction :D

The very first thing a lot of players are going to encounter is the horseback boss who will likely destroy them. It's not surprising a lot of players will then go the opposite way and end up going in the wrong direction.

JayRB88

Dec 3, 2019
I kind of prefer the game in SDR. The more even brightness levels make the game look like a painting at times. Once again you must disable HDR on the system. HDR looks ok but I need to play around with it more.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
The very first thing a lot of players are going to encounter is the horseback boss who will likely destroy them. It's not surprising a lot of players will then go the opposite way and end up going in the wrong direction.

true, I ain't tackling with that mofo anytime soon myself

Really like the mechanic where it refills your flasks if you wipe out a group of enemies

dude hows the game working out for you anyway? you one of the lucky ones that its at the very least ok? (I assume youre on PC)

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
Damn more than 750k concurrent players on Steam. Was there a thread about this that I missed. Usually you get a thread for numbers like this.

MonsterJail

Self requested temp ban
Avenger
Feb 27, 2018
First boss, one of the side ones I assume -
Beastman in cave
- beat as wretch, using a flaming torch

Might buy a basic shield as I would like to have a mild amount of defence, but enjoying the trash goblin lifestyle

Sangral

Powered by Friendship™
Feb 17, 2022
Also don't get parrying, defending with the shield and then hitting R2/RT works better for now.

tjlee2

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I'm just crazy but having just played DS3 but it honestly feels like you do like 50% damage in this game and take at least 200% increased damage in comparison. I'm at 4 "real" bosses so far with the second great rune obtained and my +8 longsword is still tickling enemies (22S/17D) and any enemy that uses blue magic shit either early one shots or literally does even with 24V.

R1 does relatively (to r2 and ashes of war) a lot less damage than ds3. If you only use r1 things will take forever. If you work in jumping r2, charge r2, guard counter, ash of war, etc thing will die much faster. The game definitely is expecting skill usage and guard breaks to happen and enemy durability has been adjusted to reflect that to varying degrees.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
FYI there are incantations that require Arcane as well as Faith. If you were planning on being a Faith caster keep this in mind!

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Folks, if you're only spamming R1s like before, you should stop playing Dark Souls and start playing Elden Ring.

Tree Sentinel turns into a chump vs my lv14 Wretch with Sekiro jump attacks and charging R2s.

fantalas

Nov 15, 2020
Hungary
Lots of people asking about it, so let's make one, group password:

[Hidden content]

Case sensitive!

Group password means that people who set it up will be prioritized in matchmaking for coop, pvp, messages, bloodstains etc. provided they are in vicinity. It will NOT in any way obstruct random matchmaking of all aforementioned features.

You can also have other group passwords set up with your friends etc. from what I read about the system.

274678494_983388519282704_1595540878078905412_n.jpg

iFirez threadmark the password?

Last edited:

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Wow going from the crappy mount controls in HFW to this is something else. Feels so good to slice stuff up on my weird horned donkey.

Vir

Oct 27, 2017
Western Australia
I completely suck at the game so far so I've spent most of my time exploring, the setting is unbelievable, keep stumbling upon more and more cool stuff.

Feels like it could take hundreds of hours to see everything.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Okay I need some full disclosure here, to decide how terrible I am at this.

I immediately veered off to the left and found a small "dungeon"
How long did it take y'all to beat that boss? That was basically the trial by fire training session for the combat in this game. That whole dungeon took me ~ 1.5 hours despite being relatively short with about 1 hour of that dedicated to the boss.

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
Right, so I'm stuck regarding timing. Do you know of a video that shows it?

This video is for Dark Souls but it's basically the same. Each enemy has a different timing for parry and they also have a variety of attack patterns, which makes parrying in these games difficult to execute.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Something about the quality of this world and atmosphere makes me enjoy jogging around slowly rather than sprinting to cover distance like in every other open world fame. It really does feel like a real adventure.

This video is for Dark Souls but it's basically the same. Each enemy has a different timing for parry and they also have a variety of attack patterns, which makes parrying in these games difficult to execute.

Ok awesome, thank you. I'll consider learning it for specific enemies if I need to then.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Played past midnight (which I never do) and had a dream about it. I have a feeling this game is going to be my life for the foreseeable future, and I'm 100% OK with that.

tjlee2

Oct 27, 2017

How long did it take y'all to beat that boss? That was basically the trial by fire training session for the combat in this game. That whole dungeon took me ~ 1.5 hours despite being relatively short with about 1 hour of that dedicated to the boss.

The beastman or the watchdog?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
dude hows the game working out for you anyway? you one of the lucky ones that its at the very least ok? (I assume youre on PC)
Yeah, it's not too bad. Not amazing either though, I'll get some fps drops as it loads in something, but they're a second long or so so it's bearable.

Gwarm

Nov 13, 2017
I did this, lost 4000 runes and then left and did some other shit, back again with some upgrades but still getting my ass handed to me. playing confessor and think I did 2 upgrades on the sword?
It feels like I still do puny damage and I've gotten it to like 50% max. this time I'll only lose 700 runes at least if I leave
I'm playing confessor as well. I picked up a different sword off a random knight enemy that had slightly better damage so I made that swap, but I haven't done any upgrades yet. Are the upgrade materials pretty scarce like in older games? It's probably safe to upgrade a few times before you hit the really rare stuff, right?

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
Game is amazing, so many funny and unreal moments. This IS a souls game. Even the frikin messages. Saw dead body on bed, message ''no head given''.
I find the bosses pretty easy, especially with the summons distracting the mid/sub bosses in dungeons.

Sonix

Prophet of Regret
Aug 3, 2020

The watchdog statue cat thing? The boss took me around 45 minutes. But I am also a DS noob and never played these games before.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
i think there is no input lag, i think what you are experiencing is how input queueing works in from games. which can sometimes feel like delayed inputs.

No. As someone who's played every Souls like game FromSoftware has made, none of their previous games feel like this when it comes to dodging. Sometimes absolutely nothing happens, or it happens too late, and you can be simply standing there doing nothing at all before hitting the button.

I wouldn't think it would be driver related, but after updating my drivers, turning off motion blur, lowering grass and doing the other supposed "snake oil" tweaks from reddit, my game is running quite a bit better now. No issues with dodge like before, but there are still intermittent stutters (not as bad, and I doubt it's shader cache related either) and still frame drops from hell out of nowhere. Tree Sentinel caused mad drops by like 30fps at the start when he's wrecking trees and then each time he did the shoulder check where his horse would whine, it always drops, no matter what.

Also decided to play offline though to see if that helped, and maybe none of the above tweaks actually did do anything, and the online component was the problem.

PC version?
So is it just the PS5/PS4 version that is messed up?

I am playing on PC.

I'm only four hours in, but I'm starting to be afraid that my fears might be right.
I'm really not loving the open world.

Constantly I'm thinking I would wish how these dungeons, subbosses and whatever were just part of a regular linear Dark Souls. Of course, this is just the beginning of an enormous game, but so far it just feels padded. I don't feel like the map leads you to discover things, as in BotW, but rather kinda hides them in not too intuitive ways? At least not that I can gather. Also, grinding, ugh. I never had to grind for any Souls games, yet this one feels like it wants to punish constantly you if you go too fast (and no, not in a fun Souls way).

I'm definitely not seeing that 95+ reviewed game anywhere so far, but I will keep playing as I love all FROM games and the gameplay in this feels pretty good.

I really don't believe the map is actually meant to guide you to places you haven't been to yet. It just seems like all it's for is to chart where you've already been and put a name to those places.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2017
Something about the quality of this world and atmosphere makes me enjoy jogging around slowly rather than sprinting to cover distance like in every other open world fame. It really does feel like a real adventure.

Ok awesome, thank you. I'll consider learning it for specific enemies if I need to then.

Also some weapons can't be parried at all, and you don't really have to parry much in these games

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I've spent three hours of the actual first-first boss and in the end he died to jellyfish poison....

...wtf have I been wasting my time for OTL

Red

Oct 26, 2017
Just booted up…

Keep getting "network check failed" when trying to log in from the main menu. Do I need to make story progress before this works? I am online and have no issues connecting in other games.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
7 hours or so in - level 26 Astrologer with 3 memory slots.

Still exploring side stuff - I am completely blown away. Hit a few roadblocks already but I have at least 3 or 4 places I can see on the map alone that look interesting.

I need to eat now though or I could see myself sitting here all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.