• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Main OT Post
  • iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
    England
    35Q71Ak.gif

QyMdC0J.png

9TXPAWS.png

LBzgngI.png

sJfWZBL.png

n8PbA6D.png

eTDxrfU.png

POanf6R.png

QyMdC0J.png

RiCeRXL.png

9TXPAWS.png

QyMdC0J.png

vy7Dqk2.jpg

NGzAl0Q.jpg

zJEKXqK.jpg

9TXPAWS.png

FUwdU7P.png

Text Only OT
  • OP
    OP
    iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
    England
    FO1AcSr.png

Text only OT

43zhJiE.png

General Information
    qi4nj2d.png

Developer: FromSoftware, Inc.
    Publisher: BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc.
    Platforms: PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PC
    Release Date: 25 February 2022
    Price: $59.99 (US) | £49.99 (UK) | €69.99 (EU)

The Golden Order Has Been Broken
    QpLNTU6.png

Rise, Tarnished, and be guided by grace to brandish the power of the Elden Ring and become an Elden Lord in the Lands Between.

In the Lands Between ruled by Queen Marika the Eternal, the Elden Ring, the source of the Erdtree, has been shattered.

Marika's offspring, demigods all, claimed the shards of the Elden Ring known as the Great Runes, and the mad taint of their newfound strength triggered a war: The Shattering. A war that meant abandonment by the Greater Will.

And now, the guidance of grace will be brought to the Tarnished who were spurned by the grace of gold and exiled from the Lands Between. Ye dead who yet live, your grace long lost, follow the path to the Lands Between the foggy sea to stand before the Elden Ring.

And become the Elden Lord.

A Fractured World
    qi4nj2d.png

Journey through the Lands Between, a new fantasy world created by Hidetaka Miyazaki (Dark Souls), and George R. R. Martin (Game of Thrones).

In your journey to become the Elden Lord, you will traverse the Lands Between, left utterly devastated by the Shattering. From wide, sweeping landscapes to tight, treacherous dungeons, on foot or by horseback, immerse yourself in a vast, seamless world and FromSoftware's largest to-date.

From the grand fields where your journey begins, mythic creatures prowl the veldts, ineffable horrors lurk in the bogs and marshes, and all manner of soldiers and itinerant warriors are waiting for those who wander unawares. Be weary as you grow as the Tarnished, more fearsome foes will block your path and test your might.

Through Might and Magic
    qi4nj2d.png

Elden Ring expands upon the Souls formula with new avenues of play. Stealth is now a viable option in avoiding detection and clearing bandit camps with ease.

Summoning the fallen souls of your foes anywhere and at any time to assist you in defeating the toughest of enemies is encouraged.

Sprit Springs litter the landscape to make traversal as seamless as possible as you scale the tallest of mountains on the back of Torrent, your trusty Spirit Steed. This introduction of mounted traversal goes hand in hand with the new mounted combat, adding even more ways for you to approach combat than ever before.

Crafting makes an introduction, with resources gathered in Marika's Domain going towards the creation of new and powerful equipment.

The catacombs of the Lands Between house vast treasures within, reserved only for the most bold of Tarnished.

In the Age of Gods
    qi4nj2d.png

The Demigods – once members of a royal and noble family have now been reduced to squabbling warlords hellbent on a never-ending conflict, ruling their respective fiefdoms with an iron fist.

Possessing shards of the Elden Ring known as Great Runes, they wield astronomical power at the price of their sanity.

Six legacy dungeons for six mad rulers. Will you be the one to challenge the Demigods & restore the Elden Ring?

Media
    YXFZCkY.png

Video 1 - Launch Trailer
    Video 2 -
    Overview Trailer
    Video 3 -
    Gameplay Preview
    Video 4 - Story Trailer
    Video 5 - Gameplay Reveal

OT created by iFirez & vestan

43zhJiE.png

A message from iFirez, one of the OT creators
    QpLNTU6.png

Well here we are, I honestly didn't think this day would ever come… but before I get into that, let me just say a huge thanks to vestan for letting me in on his OT claim for Elden Ring and letting me go ham on the design and posting this. I really hope you all like the OT, I tried to do something special for this one… as it's my last. Also a big congrats to NightmaresHunter for suggesting the winning title "A Song of Grace and Gold". Which, foolishly, I originally omitted from the initial poll and it was added in later and still came out pretty high in the results and then it took the final voting poll by a good margin. I really appreciated everyone who suggested OT titles and big props to Mifec too, sorry your's missed out.

So with that all said, I guess we get to it, as I mentioned this is my final OT. I've been doing these things for 3 years now, my very first was Anthem, of all things. My goal was always to try to create a detailed thread that felt like an extension of that game's unique world, tone and voice. Whether that be ink and brush strokes with Ghost of Tsushima, colourful child-like postcards with Animal Crossing or loud science fiction with Halo Infinite. I enjoyed every single second of making OTs, I really did. I won't be going anywhere either, I'm sticking around Era, as active as ever. But I feel like there's a lot of creative talent in this community and I hope the claims I would have taken, go instead, to someone passionate about creating high quality, informative OTs for those respective games communities to hang out in - just as I am. My very first OT helped me get a job in the games industry and life is just so very different now than it was in 2019, so it's time for me to step aside before I turn 30 and let some others climb that OT design ladder. I can't wait to see what you all cook up in the future - it has been an honour creating OTs these past few years and of course shout outs to all the usual suspects of talented OT creators who have posted alongside me… but a final thank you to TheMoon for their tireless and often thankless work on the OT claim system and I always appreciated letting me collab with you on the Xenoblade Switch OT, keep up the good work... all of you.

This isn't a goodbye because you'll all see me around, but it is a farewell of sorts - from my OTs.

"Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind."

"Now rise, Tarnished."

Release times & Countdowns
    qi4nj2d.png

Xbox, PlayStation & PC (Steam) Pre-loads are all available now.

Console and PC Release/Unlock times:
    UK (GMT/UTC):
    Consoles: Feb 24, 2022 at 7:00 PM
    PC: Feb 24, 2022 at 6:00 PM

Central Europe (CET):
    Consoles: Feb 24, 2022 at 6:00 PM

New Zealand (NZDT):
    Consoles: NOW AVAILABLE TO PLAY

Australia (AEDT):
    Consoles: NOW AVAILABLE TO PLAY

Japan (JST):
    Consoles: Feb 24, 2022 at 10:00 AM

Eastern US (ET):
    Consoles: Feb 25, 2022 at 12:00 AM

Central US (CT):

West Coast US (PT):

Last edited:
    Multiplayer Password
  • Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
    Oct 28, 2017
    Lots of people asking about it, so let's make one, group password:

Hidden content
    You need -1 more posts to view this content
    Case sensitive!

Group password means that people who set it up will be prioritized in matchmaking for coop, pvp, messages, bloodstains etc. provided they are in vicinity. It will NOT in any way obstruct random matchmaking of all aforementioned features.

You can also have other group passwords set up with your friends etc. from what I read about the system.

Co-op Explanation
  • super-famicom

Avenger
    Oct 26, 2017
    Dumb question probably, but I haven't had tons of time to follow news on this game. As I understand, there's 4 player coop? Now how would it work if I had buddies jump in and out as I progress? Basically I have me and one buddy dedicated to play consistently and two friends that might play a couple time a week. Can players easily jump in and out or should it be played with the same group from beginning to end? Thanks in advance !

FROM games do not offer the same co-op experience that other games do. To summon another player, you must find their summon sign that they dropped down and interact with it. The game world is divided into different named areas, each with its own boss. You can only summon in areas where the boss has not been defeated. Once a boss has been defeated, the person you summoned will be sent back to their own game. Of course, your friend can drop their summon sign in the next area, but you'd have to repeatedly summon them over and over if you wanted to play together.

And FROM games usually have a level range for summoning; the summoned player must be around +/- 10 levels and some change relative to your own level. A summoned player only gets rewarded runes (the in game xp/currency) and does not unlock progress for their own game. Unless they make progress on their own (they can summon you as well and you can help them out, but then everyone would be repeating the same content), you'd outlevel them and eventually wouldn't be able to summon them for later game content. This is not a game where people can simply jump in/out.

Edit- Summoning Guide with more details here

iFirez Many people are asking about co-op in this game. Do you think it would be a good idea to threadmark this?

Last edited:
    How to use Spoiler Tags
  • astro

Oct 25, 2017
    Can we use spoiler tags more please people. If you are talking about a later game area and enemies and elements there, please just tell us the name of the area and spoiler the lot. Anyone who has been there can then click if they want.

--------------------

Instead of:

That nameofboss boss in the side dungeon suprised the help out of me!

Put:

That nameofboss in the side dungeon surprised the hell out of me.

--------------------

If your entire post is about a later game area and enemies then....

Please don't just put:

no context, could be anything

But do this instead:

Below spoiler us for a later game area/boss/enemy (it is not, just saying):

much better, now we know what we are clicking. Put the entire post in this tag and people can click it if they have been to that place

Or put this:

This is also much better

--------------------

To make spoiler tags use this code:

Code:
    [ispoiler]Text goes here[/ispoiler]

This puts a purple line across the text you want to hide.

-

[spoiler]Text goes here[/spoiler]

This hides text behind a drop down toggle text field.

Or

[spoiler=description of spoiler here]Text goes here[/spoiler]

To describe the spoiler itself, which is best!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.