• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SpookySpice

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 22, 2019
Started slowly making my way through Stormveil castle. Absolutely hate these elite knight guys. I just cant kill them or even sneak past them and their wind attack combo seems impossible to block. Going to try and explore elsewhere I guess.

Can someone spoiler tag me a place to farm smithing stone (1) I feel like I messed up by bringing two weapons to +2 and feel roadblocked upgrading more gear.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Found an NPC invader ( I think ) very early, he kicked my ass in like two hits consecutively without me being able to press anything. I tried to look online to see how people beat him, but the ones I found have their character at much higher HP than me. Can't help to think I started the game wrong or something.

The invader with the two-handed maul? He's really slow and you can interrupt him mid-swing if you hit him fast enough.

I killed him before I even unlocked leveling up.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
I'm asking myself how they could actually release it in this state, but when you're looking at the reception I guess it doesn't really matter at this point. It's such a shame, it seems to be a good game underneath all the issues but it's absolutely unplayable right now.

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
Also there is the remains of a town just before that with a bunch of guards snooping around, I thought it's be fun to try and clear it and got almost all of them before failing. I noticed a door going into a basement but never got around to going into it. Is there a bonus for clearing these guys? is it worth exploring that basement?

Theres a little loot in the basement that seems useful but unsure as I'm a newb. What you will find: I think it was a whetstone for adding skills to weapons?

CupOfDoom

Dec 17, 2017
I'm falling the light up through some castle and a giant troll jumps down to fight me (along with some archers). I can lure him out and get him to half health pretty easily but then he pulls out a Sword and insta kills me.

I'm assuming I should just find somewhere else to explore right?

Also there is the remains of a town just before that with a bunch of guards snooping around, I thought it's be fun to try and clear it and got almost all of them before failing. I noticed a door going into a basement but never got around to going into it. Is there a bonus for clearing these guys? is it worth exploring that basement?

There are plenty of other places to explore, but you can also just run past the troll.

Also, ruins usually have a chest with a good item.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
same on xbox series s

It's absurdly frustrating. I don't like playing Souls games without the full experience and not being able to access the online servers for a full 12 hours after launch feels so weird. Is it a bug? The servers can't just be full.

Do enemies drop weapons? I started out as the Wretch and have yet to find another weapon.

Yes. You can get all kinds of weapons as drops from enemies. The horseback guy to the south of the starting area dropped a Dismounter ultra greatsword, for example.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Bloodstains aren't working on Playstation now so servers must be getting hammered. Still connected online though since messages are working. The other ghost players are working though.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
OMG, just found an old frenemy from all of the previous Dark Souls games. Is this literally a "multiverse" kind of game, or is it really Dark Souls 4?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
OMG, just found an old frenemy from all of the previous Dark Souls games. Is this literally a "multiverse" kind of game, or is it really Dark Souls 4?

If it's who I think it is, he's not just in Dark Souls. He's in Demon's Souls, Bloodborne and Armored Core as well. He's basically the universal constant for all From games.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
Why won't it let me summon others most of the time ? I keep getting the "unable to summon cooperator" message 90% of the time.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Do enemies drop weapons? I started out as the Wretch and have yet to find another weapon.

They do. I started out as a Wretch and it took me a couple hours to get weapon and armor drops (I didn't grind any areas). But now I have a shortsword and a falchion that I can use!
Also, there is a merchant that sells a short bow. I bought it and it helps a lot.

At the beach on the west part of the map

Clown_im_OP

Oct 28, 2017
About the very first Stonesword Key... gate...
Is it possible to outrun that rolling trap thing on the narrow bridge (after the second archer) at the beginning of the game (Wretch) or should I come back later? I guess it is and I just suck.

Actually just saw someone answered that exact question already, thanks!

Supoman

Oct 28, 2017
I'm usually sensitive to framerate drops but playing on XSX + Lg CX I don't notice any drops even though XSX is supposed to be the worst version? VRR is this good?

WJD

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I got disconnected from the server with Godrick down to about 5 pixels of health... Gonna be playing offline for the rest of my run I think.

Other than that, this game is fucking incredible. It was really kicking my shit around at the beginning but then I began exploring more and started making those small incremental bits of progress that make souls games so addictive. Managed to beat Margit on around my 5th try, but it took me a good 10+ to take down Tree Sentinel. Little horsey bastard.

Currently working with a +4 Greatsword and a bleed-inducing weapon art that reminds me of Sekiro's mortal blade. Can't for the life of me remember where I picked it up though?

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
It is absolutely magical.

When you enter Stormgate and the wind is blowing in dust clouds, little moments like that make it feel so atmospheric. I'm just constantly feeling the urge to explore every area, something that very few open world games even manage to come close to doing.

I knew you'd love this game mate.

Yeah, in Stormgate my jaw dropped to the floor.

The atmosphere in this game is like nothing else imo. the landscape and architecture is highly imaginative, its like being in a surreal painting. This is one of those games where my expectations were exceeded.

This game is an absolute masterpiece.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
Played a few hours this morning (first hour or so was on the PS4 before switching to the PS5).

It's great, as expected. When it was first announced as an open world title I was pretty apprehensive. But so far I'm very much enjoying FROM's open world. The sense of mystery and exploration is fantastic and it does feel like it's always worth your time.

I started as the Prisoner and so far I've really only beat one mini/side/optional boss
Beastman of Farum Azula.
I was glad I was able to cast magic because that's what helped me win that one.

I've checked out a couple other places/bosses that absolutely wrecked me
Stormfoot Catacombs and Bloodhound Knight Darriwil
but I haven't leveled up too much yet. Next session I'm going to focus on getting a few levels and going back to those places.

So damn good so early on I can't wait to see what else is in store.

Zookfoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Why won't it let me summon others most of the time ? I keep getting the "unable to summon cooperator" message 90% of the time.
This is because summon signs are semi-global so other people have access to the same signs you do, but as long as you've used the finger remedy thing summon signs will keep popping up until you get a dude

Ekakkubris

Oct 31, 2017
East Bay, California
I wish I wasn't working this morning…
tHGPpjd.png

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Reminder to some people to chill with spoilers. Some posts here are a bit too much IMO.

Janus

Oct 18, 2020
When you say fall down, do you mean to the pit in the narrow path to the sides? Cause that just seems like it leads to a falling death.

Not sure if someone already answered you, but below is a screenshot from a YouTube video showing where to fall straight down:

haZAfso.png

Maybe just running quickly could also work instead of taking this shortcut.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This sorcerer summon is shit (at level 1)

Some decrepit dude that takes his time walking to the battle just to shoot a few spells.

Putzballs

Nov 5, 2017
My first impression is that the combat and interface are Souls. I get a bit of a Dragons Dogma vibe but mostly Breath of the Wild.

I find the combat less difficult than Souls games by a good margin but early areas so that might change.

I keep using jump button to interact with things cause I'm used to Souls.

Really shitty that I can't get online. Servers must be getting crushed

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit parrying in this game is so satisfying. I try to Parry everything I touch now. OOF.

I even parried a mini boss lmaoo.

I had to turn off steam overlay to even start the game or it would auto crash lol. Ended going samurai build. Decent hp, dex, str.

Question: how do you two hand weapons in this game? I'm on controller.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
I'm usually sensitive to framerate drops but playing on XSX + Lg CX I don't notice any drops even though XSX is supposed to be the worst version? VRR is this good?

I'm playing with VRR as well and it's quite smooth the vast majority of the time. There are some noticeable hiccups occasionally, but it's been a damn solid experience overall. I see why some of the DF guys opted for it. XSX + VRR offers best combination of next gen graphics settings and smooth gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.