• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DGxO

Oct 21, 2018
Is there a version of homeward bone in this game?
I'm like 20hrs in and explored a lot and haven't found one, so Imma say no. I guess the game expects you to just fast travel from the map which is free.

If you got your runes stuck in a boss then you can quickly grab them then quit the game. You'll be placed outside the fog gate with your runes ;p

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I've complained about running around in my underwear for hours in my previous post and not long after I said that, this happens not even 5 minutes later.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I asked earlier, but y'all gonna tell me what the Jellyfish actually does or what? Since so many of you guys use it lol

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
100% there should have been a posture bar. People are playing this like Dark Souls 4 when it's a lot closer to Sekiro 0.75 lmao
Yup, if I had known sooner probably I wouldn't have struggled so much at the start since I'm good at both but I thought this would be closer to Dark Souls than Sekiro so I played that way

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I really hate how rare new armor has been for me. I'm still wearing my starting shit. So far this game is a disgrace to the Fashion Souls name.

DGxO

Oct 21, 2018
I asked earlier, but y'all gonna tell me what the Jellyfish actually does or what? Since so many of you guys use it lol
It's a house sized jellyfish that's tanky as fuuuuuck. It also inflicts poison of it can hit the enemy enough, but really it's just nice as it pulls agro and lets you wail on the boss with impunity

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Should I keep Remembrance of the Grafted for some special occasion? Not sure how to best use it or what it's used for. My lazy brain is almost tempted to sell it since those are a lot of runes.

Sangral

Powered by Friendship™
Feb 17, 2022
And I beat Godrick in my third try, that's enough for today, that was like 16 hours straight playing.

Thanks god I restarted my game before the fight because of that, message appraisals started to pop in like crazy for the whole fight so I was getting healed all the time. Super good feeling when this works.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
It's a house sized jellyfish that's tanky as fuuuuuck. It also inflicts poison of it can hit the enemy enough, but really it's just nice as it pulls agro and lets you wail on the boss with impunity

oh it's big (visually)? I assumed it would b a tiny thing lol

the aggro thing is basically what the summons are for, not the dmg. Just get that boss off you for a second so you can heal :D

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Holy fuck... IYKYK. This might be a Top 5 Souls boss.
Should I keep Remembrance of the Grafted for some special occasion? Not sure how to best use it or what it's used for. My lazy brain is almost tempted to sell it since those are a lot of runes.
If you take it to the Roundtable Hold, there should be an NPC in a room with Two Fingers. You can give it to her to get your pick of two special weapons, but if you explore the world, there's a way to duplicate remembrance so you can get both rewards. Really not worth consuming it imo.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm using a STR build and found a scythe. Leveled it up +4 like an idiot and now I'm worried I am maining a bad weapon and won't be able to shift course.

saforia

Apr 19, 2019
UK
I'm like 20hrs in and explored a lot and haven't found one, so Imma say no. I guess the game expects you to just fast travel from the map which is free.

If you got your runes stuck in a boss then you can quickly grab them then quit the game. You'll be placed outside the fog gate with your runes ;p
Thanks, my runes were stuck in a boss area quittng out of the game worked.

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
i cant beat margit, holy shit im a souls fraud

I'd call myself a Souls veteran but Margit kicked my butt.

His second phase is extremely aggressive and I only managed to beat him by summoning the Sorcerer, taking the aggro myself in the first phase, letting him take the aggro in the second phase while I'm jump attacking from behind which usually results in a stagger, and summoning the wolfs only when Margit had around 25% health left. This way there was always someone else for Margit to deal with, I found out that if I use my spirit summons early in the battle, they'll always die when around Margit had 25% health and he would always kick my ass on 1-on-1.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I brute forced it, lvl 32 + jellyfish. Theres an item made specifically for this fight that makes it even easier but I couldnt track it down on my own so I just pushed ahead. One way or another you'll get him.

I had the item...

...forgot to use it >_>

I'm using a STR build and found a scythe. Leveled it up +4 like an idiot and now I'm worried I am maining a bad weapon and won't be able to shift course.

Scythes are Dex tho?

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno what really counts as a "boss" per se, but I fought 2 different fights behind veils of mist, and won both on my first try. One was super easy even.

Then I've found 4 maybe bosses in the open world (they got big health bars on bottom of screen, at least one has One of the revive statues just in front of it), and while I think I COULD take one of them right now... maybe... they've all absolutley wrecked me.

So if you are struggling, don't be afraid to dungeon dive, they are not necessarily worse than the open world like I would have suspected

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
What are the best stats to level up for a vagabond? I'm boosting strength but I can barely feel a difference in power

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
According to a FAQ I looked at it is STR? It's pretty hefty

you can see what it scales to in the inventory you dont need a faq. but if its STR why are you worried then? scythes are badass :D

so, great runes. are the effects passive? or do i need to use a rune arc to use it?

the later

are sacred tear/golden seed one time items i should hold, or I'd their effect on flasks permanent?

permanent

Fredo

Oct 30, 2017
That defeat Margit, explore Stormveil, defeat Godrick, restore the rune, talk with a pair of fingers run was crazy good. From is another level with this shit.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
you can see what it scales to in the inventory you dont need a faq. but if its STR why are you worried then? scythes are badass :D

the later

permanent
I think I'm just confused about what it all means. Weapons either say STR E or D or something and I'm not sure what it means, even after reading tutorials.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
I've done a ton of challenge runs in the Souls games, and I've yet to beat a story boss solo. I don't have the patience, and no one gives a shit about how good you are. I don't particularly enjoy the bosses, so I just summon my ass off and move on.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I think I'm just confused about what it all means. Weapons either say STR E or D or something and I'm not sure what it means, even after reading tutorials.

right so, if a weapon needs a TON of STR and little Dex, its a STR weapon. And vice versa for Dex.

If it needs (by need I mean how much it needs to equip properly) both more or less equally, its a Quality build weapon (Curved Greatswords for example)

Then you have the scaling and STR weapons usually have better letter grading for STR and vice versa for Dex.

edit: actually more on this. open the inventory, notice how a weapon dmg will say like 150 + 40

150 is the base dmg. 40 is the Scaling dmg. so the weapon in theory will do 190 dmg. If you change the scaling, the base dmg will go down, but the scaling dmg will probably go up.

Lets say you change the scaling to STR (ashes of war change scalings btw). Now the dmg maybe becomes 140 base dmg + 55 scale dmg. So overall now it does 195 dmg, a little higher than before, and it will go higher the more STR you have (because that scale dmg goes up with more STR).

Oct 27, 2017
lol welp im soo addicted wow after 10 straight hours since quitting for the day i cant stop thinking about this game and fucking amazing it is..

wWNmCQR.jpg

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Has anyone found any natural Int scaling weapons? I'm still using a Lordsworn Sword +5 with an Int scaling Ashes of War on it.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Gah, I remember why I tend to never mix magic in Souls. I've got 13 int, 13 arc, and 13 faith all so I can use a holy buff that probably doesn't even do anything for my claws and is way too unwieldy to cast in the middle of combat. But it looks cool, I guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.