• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Severance

Oct 27, 2017
Art's Dream is an incredible experience. It was very inspiring. Two to three hours is just right for it. Media Molecule coming in and setting the bar high, showing what can be done with Dreams. There's so much potential. Dreams will definitely be around for years to come. It's been really cool seeing everyone else's dreams develop from early access to release, and it's just the beginning.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
If there is a high demand, I've been given the clear already to make a separate OT for Dreams Creators. I plan to load up this OT with resources later given to me by crazillo, too. But yeah, soon we'll have the OT if the demand is there and we can organize stuff. I plan to do biweekly challenges in the discord and everything

Nice! Can't wait to see what you people can come up with!

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I agree. I was disappointed in its initial EA launch in this regard but obviously was more than willing to give it the benefit of the doubt as it continued to evolve up till now. Viewers still in the hundreds isn't a great improvement ATM but I'm still keeping my eye on it throughout the week(s) ahead as it does have my curiosity in this regard.

giphy.gif

Seriously, no one in this thread cares. So please don't bother people in here with that. Peace out.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Thank goodness(!) you're keeping an eye on how this game does with twitch viewers! What would we do without your constant vigilance?

Given there has been no marketing by Sony, it probably is really relevant how it does on Twitch/Youtube etc. That + reviews is the game's only path to a market given Sony has basically sent it out to die with no marketing at all. It wasn't even their recent new releases trailer for 2020.

So as someone with zero interest in twitch etc, I really hope it takes off there too.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Art's Dream has some fun stuff, like that it shows off how easily the toolset can be used for non-gameplay uses.

Also agree with making EA users do mandatory tutorials kind of sucks.

atamize

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
They made us go through the tutorials again...at least it went quicker this time. And I didn't have to jump up that fucking plant, thank goodness.

Also I'm not too keen on their emphasis on decorating the Homespace, which is pretty useless IMO. If they want people to create they should focus on where the "real" creating happens.

Looking forward to playing through Art's Dream; I heard this "Media Molecule" creator is pretty gud.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
Also again, the more i do that fucking tutorial, the more i'm convinced MM has no clue who the audience of Dreams is.

I mean, that whole "let's enter the wonders of dreams kids and discover magical things" tone will never be relevant to anyone buying the game, really :)

atamize

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Also again, the more i do that fucking tutorial, the more i'm convinced MM has no clue who the audience of Dreams is.

I mean, that whole "let's enter the wonders of dreams kids and discover magical things" tone will never be relevant to anyone buying the game, really :)
They should have just gotten Samuel L. Jackson as the narrator. "Press Square, motherfucker!"

kingkenny76

Oct 31, 2017
Nice job on the OT
Can you make Dreams with other players? What about Multiplayer? Can I play dreams with others?

Yes, you can make Dreams with other players, however, you can not work on a project together at the same as of right now. There's a multiple step process that you must do in order to work on a project with multiple people on Dreams. This includes you or someone else sending each other different scenes in your inboxes (ingame) and adding those scenes to one major scene that'll be the final product of the game. However, online multiplayer (playing multiplayer Dreams with others online, or building a scene in the same instance online) is coming, but not at launch on February 14th.
Have MM given a timeline/hinted at when we will be able to work on projects together?

Phantom_Snake

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
Montana
Pretty excited for the full release. I fell off during EA because I kept trying to make something too big (90 minute movie lol) and would hit a sticking point. This time around I'm aiming for a couple minute short.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Just booted up... wait the control stick scheme is for the imp as well.... NOOOO. Not like this. The imp with motion controls is fine for navigating menus. They really should split up navigating menus from general play. Maybe even just give us camera control via sticks at least. That's where I get really messed up.

Hmmmm.

Arukado

Oct 27, 2017

I was thinking this while i had to repeat the tutorial once again: it was annoying in Little big planet, it was annoying in Tearaway and it is here as well (but maybe i'm just dead inside).

--------

Now, about Art's Dream: it was GOOD. Some parts controlled better than expected and others were a bit rough around the edges, but it was a pleasant experience, really inspiring. That ending song was hot fire, simply fantastic.

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
Just booted up... wait the control stick scheme is for the imp as well.... NOOOO. Not like this. The imp with motion controls is fine for navigating menus. They really should split up navigating menus from general play. Maybe even just give us camera control via sticks at least. That's where I get really messed up.

Hmmmm.

Huh. I just assumed all the people wanting no motion controls wanted literally no motion controls. I do get the frustration with the motion controls for the camera. It took me a couple of long sessions to really wrap my head around it. Now it feels perfectly natural, but it did take time.

don't you just love the concern trolling? lol

It's pretty weird, especially for a game that doesn't release for another 3 days.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Huh. I just assumed all the people wanting no motion controls wanted literally no motion controls. I do get the frustration with the motion controls for the camera. It took me a couple of long sessions to really wrap my head around it. Now it feels perfectly natural, but it did take time.
The Imp controls are great, I'd even love to see them become a default pointer for the PS5 OS it works that well. Very different when it comes to sculpting and especially camera control, the motion controls are very confusing for me and never got the hang of it. To me they should find a way to separate menu operation from gameplay operation, if that makes sense.

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Don't know why everyone thinks it's success depends on creators streaming. The people who would want to watch hours of someone making stuff will already have the game and be making stuff.

I could see a variety streamer or tuber getting views by playing with the weird stuff dreamsurfing, but your not going to build an audience by sculpting all day, I think acting like this is stream success game is ridiculous.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Make videos of logic or music. Things people want. Make sone tip videos for things you learn that community doesn't know about. Things like that are what people search for.

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Make videos of logic or music. Things people want. Make sone tip videos for things you learn that community doesn't know about. Things like that are what people search for.
Yeah, I don't disagree, shit we need more videos like that. I am talking about the people that acting like this game is sea of thieves (which I have seen mentioned in these arguments) and will only succeed with a strong twitch audience. I guarantee the majority of people using the argument here never touched Dreams, but it's even affecting this thread with posts concerned over low twitch views.

It's pathetic and they should argue that dumb bullshit in sales threads, not the OT for people who are actually using and happy (or unhappy) with the product.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
For those that have it, is there a way to identify media molecule employee created stuff?

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
I've been loving Dreams since the early days of the beta, such a great tool. I'm excited to get a resurgence of players in the community!

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
For those that have it, is there a way to identify media molecule employee created stuff?
Some have mm in their name. Others have normal psn id

The_Arch1tect
MsKittyPower
urbandevill
ED-209b
I_Require_Loops

thats some i can remember off the top of my head.

but official things is on MMOfficial

Last edited:

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Does anyone know the last song the band play at the end of Art's Dream ?

It is so beautiful, Shazam doesn't work on it

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
I have so many boxed lego sets I just can't decide which one to build next
On the Early Access, there was a category specifically for MM's created stuff. I assume that exist on the full game, no?
Yes. And they have more than Art's Dream, though that's the biggest. I am sure they will do more too, but yes clearly marked, in fact all the assets they have created are clearly marked also.
Some have mm in their name. Others have normal psn id

The_Arch1tect
MsKittyPower
urbandevill
ED-209b
I_Require_Loops

thats some i can remember off the top of my head.

but official things is on MMOfficial

that's awesome, thanks everyone

Curation was always the biggest challenge in LBP IMO - amazing stuff in there diluted by so much fluff and very difficult to sort them. Interested to see how they've improved this with dreams

Oct 26, 2017

Oooooh, that's super useful! I'm planning to make something 2D next so this helps a ton.

Also, there's a bunch of tutorials now. The old ones have been spaced out and there are new beginner tutorials, as well as several "How to make X" videos that are short and to the point. You can also play videos while you're creating so you can follow along.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
that's awesome, thanks everyone

Curation was always the biggest challenge in LBP IMO - amazing stuff in there diluted by so much fluff and very difficult to sort them. Interested to see how they've improved this with dreams
in dreams, you can make collections of things. there are curators out there that are putting together stuff like halloween, autumn, house furnitures, etc. so there's probably something out there you didn't know you need but its there. or you missed a level but found it in someone's collection.

Jun 26, 2018

It's almost as if they're trying to make the game accessible for as many different kinds of people as possible, including children, almost!

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
It's almost as if they're trying to make the game accessible for as many different kinds of people as possible, including children, almost!

the tone is a bit too twee althoughif you've played any Mm games you shouldn't be surprised

just really annoying to have to play through it a third time. Does it at least unlock things more quickly or do you also have to do the lessons again?

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
the tone is a bit too twee althoughif you've played any Mm games you shouldn't be surprised

just really annoying to have to play through it a third time. Does it at least unlock things more quickly or do you also have to do the lessons again?
I don't know about the later ones but they make you redo the intro and 2-3 movement tutorials before you can even get to your stuff. Once my normal option screen came out I moved out of there, I just delete the whole home space anyway.

As an aside they really got me that Art's Dream still ends on a screen with a thumbs up button. Those are the touches that give me the "I can do that vibe".

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
When you do that first tuto and you're entering your creation screen, but you realize you can't edit your scene cause you need to unlock it in an other tuto, lol..
Locking features for guys who played the game for 1 year already, that's unheard of :p

But it's fine now, and nothing seems broken. For Now

Jun 26, 2018

You don't have to do the old lessons, there are new and faster lessons before unlocking everything, went by quickly enough for me.

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
I'm seeing all this about mandatory tutorials. I'm assuming I can play Art's Dream before I have to redo the tutorials?