• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Can you play scenes from Art's Dream later? I missed a couple of prize bubbles during the song, I think.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
ah this is awesome. Hopefully OP can be updated to include a link when its ready.

I had a simple 2D cave flyer I put together in the beta but as it progressed I realiised I was building a house of cards as I just wasn't being efficient with what I was doing. Would like to try again with a better baseline knowledge.

Also hoping we get more templates/toolkits - eg a 2D game toolkit with tutorials etc
Finally!

Fantastic work OP!

just woke up but thanks for all of the kind words! I'm gonna work on the Creators OT over the next couple of days and see how big of a demand there is, but until then we'll stick to one :)

May 17, 2018
Very excited to get home tonight and fire this up.

Wish this game got even half the marketing blitz that Death Stranding got.

N2BearHugs

May 29, 2018
Just played through Art's Dream. Gave me chills at times. Works as both a feature length animation, and an inspiring arcade collection.

Probably the best compliment I can give it, is that I'm eager to create. Nothing as ambitious, but focusing on a single narrative element brought to life through simple mechanics...

Looking forward to Mm's next Dream.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Media Molecule is a treasure. They have a way of presenting pure fun and creativity like no one else. Literally everything they do has a certain magic to it

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
midi keyboard or typing keyboard? typing keyboard yes as who wants to type dialogue with a Dualshock. but not for actual gameplay.

I was thinking MIDI. I can only do so much piano roll 😂

GarageBand yes I've tried a little bit of it since it came free with my Mac, why do you ask?

The music software isn't hugely far off of other DAWs in terms of timeline and setting up instrument tracks, so you might have a little head start. The more detailed stuff is a whole different kettle of fish, mind.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't want to spoil things yet having just finished Art's dream but holy fuck that cover of
Time Moves Slow
at the end with the accompanying music video is so unbelievably good. Bravo for that Media Molecule AAAbsolutely amazing stuff.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking MIDI. I can only do so much piano roll 😂

The music software isn't hugely far off of other DAWs in terms of timeline and setting up instrument tracks, so you might have a little head start. The more detailed stuff is a whole different kettle of fish, mind.
youd have to go through some hoops and i haven't tried it lately or know if its back as one of the patch removed support for it.

but here's the github from Alex

github.com

GitHub - mmalex/midi2osc: midi to opensoundcontrol bridge

midi to opensoundcontrol bridge. Contribute to mmalex/midi2osc development by creating an account on GitHub.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
If you guys want btw, I can put up a resource section in the OT with hyperlinks to videos, guided and channels of well known Dreams creators. Let me know if that's something you'd want?

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
the new stuff they added this patch

pretty neat too

EQgfmuhW4AAg7Bl

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a way to follow certain creators. Like if I play a game that hasn't been finished. Can I follow the creator and see when the make new stuff

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Is there a way to follow certain creators. Like if I play a game that hasn't been finished. Can I follow the creator and see when the make new stuff
When playing a creators dream, press start to open the options to skip the dream or favorite or skip etc, on the top right there's three icons if memory serves correct. There's a follow button right there.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Wow, so much new stuff to check out in the toolset apparently! First have to finish the amazing Art's Dream though. It's levels will have so many awesome mechanics to use for other creations!

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Downloading the update now. Curious about the campaign if nothing else. Twitch interest in this game is... nonexistent ATM. Wonder if it will change.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
Man forcing us to redo the tutorial was stupid, and a little scary to not see any of our creation in the menu at first :p

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Downloading the update now. Curious about the campaign if nothing else. Twitch interest in this game is... nonexistent ATM. Wonder if it will change.
It's still only available for Early Access which includes like maybe 15 streamers right now if that lol, it's a super small list of people who stream stuff plus let alone the people who know about the game. Its usually two or three streamers who average ~30ish views and then the rest of the streamers are lie 4-10ish. I've seen a very rare stream with like 100+ viewers though

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's still only available for Early Access which includes like maybe 15 streamers right now if that lol, it's a super small list of people who stream stuff plus let alone the people who know about the game. Its usually two or three streamers who average ~30ish views and then the rest of the streamers are lie 4-10ish. I've seen a very rare stream with like 100+ viewers though

That's a good point. Hopefully it can get more coverage from its full release later this week.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Plz don't turn the OT of all things into doom and gloom territory too(regarding sales and attention)

I made a comment about the game, whilst I am waiting for it to finish downloading and then I will post my impressions on the campaign. Pretty much on the same lines as ghostcrew. Did we do something wrong?

Darth Smurf X

Oct 25, 2017
Hoth, WI
I can't wait to download tonight. I've been on a real game-related apathy streak since December. I was just waiting for the "final" version to drop to play the campaign and pop some trophies. Then I'll get back into some creating. And tutorials. And catching up on missed content.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I made a comment about the game, whilst I am waiting for it to finish downloading and then I will post my impressions on the campaign. Pretty much on the same lines as ghostcrew. Did we do something wrong?

Hey, I just want to watch some streams. And, lo and behold, there's a ton more viewers than there was a few hours ago. Hoping that everyone was just asleep earlier!

This game needs to thrive on streams. Needs to get those views from people who like to watch people create as well as the obvious 'i'm playing through tons of user games!'. It's how I want to absorb the game when I'm not at my console.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hey, I just want to watch some streams. And, lo and behold, there's a ton more viewers than there was a few hours ago. Hoping that everyone was just asleep earlier!

This game needs to thrive on streams. Needs to get those views from people who like to watch people create as well as the obvious 'i'm playing through tons of user games!'. It's how I want to absorb the game when I'm not at my console.

Yeah I agree. I was disappointed in its initial EA launch in this regard but obviously was more than willing to give it the benefit of the doubt as it continued to evolve up till now. Viewers still in the hundreds isn't a great improvement ATM but I'm still keeping my eye on it throughout the week(s) ahead as it does have my curiosity in this regard.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017

Its less streaming and more about posting snippets here and there. because during beta it was the same. but theres more content shared on twitter and such than those streaming. its more niche than anything.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
this doesnt make sense

its the type of stuff that works on youtube so people can speed up the process

if twitch viewers liked watching people make stuff, the art sections on twitch would be more popular.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
also now that homespace got a makeover. time to decorate it and post a screenshot/video of it ;D

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Holy I just finished Art's Dream and this touched me on so many levels, especially emotionally. MM didn't lie when they said they'd put in EVERY GENRE in this little piece of art. Hope this will be deconstructed later by them because there are templates for virtually everything in here. Just those couple of hours are among the best I've played in recent memory. Amazing and even more eager to continue my creation now.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
Was just thinking that it would be awesome If era made their own game with this community. Some people could design world, others sounds and music etc.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Was just thinking that it would be awesome If era made their own game with this community. Some people could design world, others sounds and music etc.
If there is a high demand, I've been given the clear already to make a separate OT for Dreams Creators. I plan to load up this OT with resources later given to me by crazillo, too. But yeah, soon we'll have the OT if the demand is there and we can organize stuff. I plan to do biweekly challenges in the discord and everything