• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
This thing is broke as all hell on roku.
  • Click any of the banners for marvel, star wars, etc itll play a splash video and go black never showing that section. Like a resolution error occurs after the vid because I can hear it surfing left and right when I hit buttons lol
  • Go to series, animation, well over half the animated series arent there like xmen. Have to go to all series a to z to find content as its sorting is shit
  • Go to originals...nothing there. Go to home. Big ol scroll list of originals
  • None of the marvel movies or starwars stuff are listed in order. Dont know the order of star wars films once they stopped numbering? Too bad.
  • Not all the seasons are up for shows. Wanna watch the new ducktales, big hero 6 or whatever shows? Better off with Disney now as they did not put all the seasons or episodes up.

My Roku worked just fine. It's how I watched Mandalorian.

Nov 11, 2017
So it seems like movies like Dumbo with racist caricatures just get a sort of warning under the film's 'Detail' tab, but the content wasn't cut out. They put a warning about tobacco use first, so it makes it seem like racism just might not be to some people's taste instead of actually saying it is wrong.

They should just use this, word for word and play it IN the film:

fqp-ETjrjKYa-xZ66fx2KBAx8cpn7yYleagN4LFcygk.jpg

JediMasterMatt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It was quite amusing while it lasted, content appearing and disappearing, some items showing but not being available, and for whatever reason - tiles updating. Then it locked up and I had to close out and now can't get back in.

Ah... launch day and streaming services.

Times like this validate my physical purchases of media (and that I have a 110" screen and streaming sucks).

I'm sure it will get sorted out.

Oct 29, 2017
Sorry if this has already been asked a hundred times.

Is there a way to gift my parents a year of service (mom's birthday is in a week) or do I have to wait for gift cards or something similar to become available?

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Eh, I don't agree with removing Stark Raving Dad from everything, regardless on where you stand on MJ, that episode is a part of the show's history and you can't erase it.

thePopaShots

Nov 27, 2017
One thing I noticed streaming Moana in 4K HDR, is how much better watching the movies looks in 1080P BluRay. I know Apple TV 4K is known for how good it's streams look, but nothing beats local playback. I am, however, really looking forward to watching Star Wars in Dolby Vision later.

Deleted member 14649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure it is even worth making assumptions about bitrate or quality while the server is straining to cope with demand.

The Omega Man

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
Just downloaded the app and subscribed from Canada, the app won't load anything, server seems to be down or hammered to oblivion over here.

kris.

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, took me a few minutes of searching to actually find the app on the app store but it's there. Also can't connect right now. Their poor servers.

D23

Oct 25, 2017
I cant log back in on my apple tv. Got region locked. Pretty lackluster launch i must say

Skyejack

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2019
I'm THIS close to demanding a year of free service for this outrageous service outage.

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In the age of huge cloud providers and automatic scaling, I actually don't understand why this launch has to have technical problems. Netflix has 100+ million subscribers, surely they're getting more traffic than Disney+, even on its launch day, and they don't have any issues.

At least, if anything is to blame for these issues it's more reasonable it would be the custom implementation of the service itself.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If you expected a major service launch like Disney+ to be 100% smooth then I don't know what to tell you. No amount of infrastructure testing can prepare you for the initial rush of new users on a service of that scale. Yes, even for a corporation as massive as Disney.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
This is a miserable mess. Haven't been able to play anything on any device, now it out of the blue tells me my password is suddenly wrong. Won't send the email with the code to reset it. Just going to give up for a few days.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
In the age of huge cloud providers and automatic scaling, I actually don't understand why this launch has to have technical problems. Netflix has 100+ million subscribers, surely they're getting more traffic than Disney+, even on its launch day, and they don't have any issues.

Not sure that is a fair comparison, because I'm guessing Netflix didn't go from zero to millions of subs in a matter of hours.

Skyejack

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Where can I buy an US iTunes Gift Card whose code is sent quickly via eMail?
My advice is wait until Black Friday when you can buy 100 dollar gift cards for 80. But if you cant wait, you can literally buy them everywhere. Amazon, Target, Wal-mart, PayPal Digital Gifts, best buy. They all deliver electronically.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017

At least, if anything is to blame for these issues it's more reasonable it would be the custom implementation of the service itself.
That's really the only key takeaway from your post.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If you expected a major service launch like Disney+ to be 100% smooth then I don't know what to tell you. No amount of infrastructure testing can prepare you for the initial rush of new users on a service of that scale. Yes, even for a corporation as massive as Disney.

You knew these types of complaints were coming anyway. They even launched at a non peak time instead of this afternoon or evening. Things will settle down at worst in a couple of days.

zou

Oct 29, 2017
damn, nothing works.

Xbox app crashes to the dash, Fire TV app won't let me log in and the LG app won't install. Only thing that works is the damn browser :/

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Is the ps4 app good? Like the Netflix ps4 app is broken when it comes to HDR and the amazon prime app doesn't even have HDR on ps4
I watched Mando on my Pro this morning and it was fine except subtitles were at the top of the screen and almost completely cut off when I tested them out.

Firewithin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Orange County
so i read that the verizon free year does stack if we had already signed up for the 3yr deal but it seemed like verizon wanted you to create a new account?

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When I try logging into Disney+ I get an error saying "Sorry something went wrong. Please try again later" with Mickey Mouse and his dog, Pluto, in space outfits.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Strange to see so many having issues, since my app on ios has been flawless all day. I'm sure they'll sort it. This must be the fastest and largest sign up for a streaming service ever.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

That's not how it works, Netflix has 100+ million subs but they've been operating for over a decade, they have very accurate usage stats and can match their resources accordingly, which is the complete opposite for a new service that is seeing a surge in usage from literally nothing.

Cloud is a lot harder than it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.