• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I was looking for something to watch the other day and I was pleasantly surprised that Disney+ has a feature that has been removed from every other streaming service. List from A-Z. And I loved it, Just let me see everything you've got. I remember when Netflix had an A-Z list but now it's all recommendation algorithms and if they don't serve it to you in one of their random categories you have to search for it (heck, I remember when Netflix was a social platform where you could have friends and write reviews and follow other users....all to be replaced with useless algorithms). Maybe I'm not a normal use case but I really hope Disney+ doesn't remove access to the fat list of everything A-Z.

I don't know the numbers exactly but even with the ridiculous back catalog they have, doesn't Netflix still have a lot more? At the very least Netflix updates a lot more. Maybe that's what makes an A-Z list prohibitive. DC Universe, for instance, has a full list of each of their genres (besides comics, which is infuriating) but that's because they have so little content.

tangeu

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know the numbers exactly but even with the ridiculous back catalog they have, doesn't Netflix still have a lot more? At the very least Netflix updates a lot more. Maybe that's what makes an A-Z list prohibitive. DC Universe, for instance, has a full list of each of their genres (besides comics, which is infuriating) but that's because they have so little content.
Like I said, I'm probably an abnormal use case but I don't care how big the list is, I'd happily scroll through it to see everything there is to offer. The actual major issue is there are so many titles in netflix (and hulu to a certain extent) that will never be surfaced to you unless you know they are there and search for them (not to mention how busted their "new release" list is and I have to use a third party website to know what actually came out this week/month). I'm just happy Disney+, for the moment, allows me to see everything there is to offer.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Had the house to myself on Sunday and I watched the opening scenes from a whole bunch of Star Wars and Marvel movies at full blast volume. Really love having all this stuff in one place.

What's Coming to Disney+ March 2020
OP
OP
Spectromixer

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
What's Coming to Disney+ March 2020

March 1
Doctor Dolittle 2
Ice Age

March 4
Black Panther

March 5
Bedtime Stories

March 6
The Finest Hours (Returning Title)
Three on the Run
Diary of a Future President
Episode 108 - "Matters of Diplomacy"
Star Wars: The Clone Wars Episode 703 - "On the Wings of Keeradaks"
Marvel's Hero Project Episode 118 - "Genius Gitanjali"
Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings Episode 204 - "Pandoran Wedding"
Shop Class Episode 102 - "Justin's Biggest Fan"
Disney Family Sundays Episode 118 - "Zootopia: Bracelets"
One Day At Disney Episode 114 - "Kris Becker: Animal Keeper"

March 13
Wicked Tuna (S3-8)
Wicked Tuna: Outer Banks (S1-6)
Zorro - Second Series (S1)
Stargirl
Diary of a Future President
Episode 109 - "State of the Union"
Star Wars: The Clone Wars Episode 704 - "Unfinished Business"
Marvel's Hero Project Episode 119 - "Astonishing Austin"
Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings Episode 205 - "Made for Loving You"
Shop Class Episode 103 - "Ramps & Champs"
Disney Family Sundays Episode 119 - "The Muppets: Pom Poms"
One Day At Disney Episode 115 - "Leah Buono: Casting Director"

March 15
G-Force

March 17
Big Hero 6 The Series (S2)

March 20
I Didn't Do It (S1-2)
Playtime with Puppy Dog Pals: Puppy Playcare (S2)
Vampirina Ghoul Girls Rock! (S2)
Diary of a Future President Finale - Episode 110 - "Two Party System"
Star Wars: The Clone Wars Episode 705 - "Gone With a Trace"
Marvel's Hero Project Finale - Episode 120 - "High-Flying Hailey"
Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings Episode 206 - "Wedding GOALS!"
Shop Class Episode 104 - "Bridge or Bust"
Disney Family Sundays Episode 120 - "Winnie the Pooh: Flower Pots"
One Day At Disney Episode 116 - "David Muir: World News Tonight Anchor"

March 25
A Wrinkle in Time

March 27
Star Wars: The Clone Wars Episode 706 - "Deal No Deal"
Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings Episode 207 - "Te Amo, Mi Amor, Again!"
Shop Class Episode 105 - "Boulder Bash"
Be Our Chef Premiere - Episode 101 - "Bibbidi Bobbidi Bon Appetit"
Disney Family Sundays Episode 121 - "Ratatouille: Chef Hat"
One Day At Disney Episode 117 - "Morgan Pope: R&D Imagineer"

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Ice Age...
GlossyPlushBangeltiger-size_restricted.gif

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
www.starwarsnewsnet.com

Disney to Reveal Exclusive Content at Disney Plus Launch Event on March 5 With Special Guests - Star Wars News Net

Disney is holding a launch event for the premiere of Disney Plus, where key executives and creatives will be presenting upcoming projects.

Disney is hosting an event for the upcoming launch of Disney Plus in Europe, with key executives and creative heads expected to discuss upcoming projects.

The special event will take place on March 5, 2020 in London. Certain key executives will be making exclusive presentations discussing Marvel and Star Wars along with other Disney properties.

Hopefully we'll get new info on the Marvel TV shows, like casting and release dates.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I am guessing there's no chance for Spider-Man films to come to Disney plus eh?

Anyways still can't believe we haven't gotten the Aladdin tv series yet on Disney plus

TrAcEr_x90

Oct 27, 2017
It was fun having Disney+ when Mandalorian was out but I ended up canceling. Once they let us know when the new marvel shows are coming I'll hop back on!

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

Xun

Oct 25, 2017
London
As I feared it doesn't appear as if Disney+ UK will be getting the Simpsons.

The Mandalorian not all being there at launch is a pisstake too.

What a load of bullshit.

Last edited:

Linkified

Dec 24, 2017
As I feared it doesn't appear as if Disney+ UK will be getting the Simpsons.

The Mandalorian not all being there at launch is a pisstake too.

What a load of bullshit.
TBH The Simpsons could still be on Disney+ but due to Sky and Chanel 4 means Disney doesn't have the right to advertise The Simpsons on the D+ in the UK as they wouldn't have in the OG contracts about any VOD service. Also in the UK you can't promote junk food with any cartoon character, the fact that it was a cartoon sugary donut, maybe Disney legal was just being super conservative in their interpretation of the law

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017

Xun

Oct 25, 2017
London
TBH The Simpsons could still be on Disney+ but due to Sky and Chanel 4 means Disney doesn't have the right to advertise The Simpsons on the D+ in the UK as they wouldn't have in the OG contracts about any VOD service. Also in the UK you can't promote junk food with any cartoon character, the fact that it was a cartoon sugary donut, maybe Disney legal was just being super conservative in their interpretation of the law
I hope you're right! It crossed my mind shortly after posting that Channel 4/Sky may have advertising rights to it.

Apparently something similar happened in the Netherlands too and it's on the service over there.

Jul 4, 2018
I hope you're right! It crossed my mind shortly after posting that Channel 4/Sky may have advertising rights to it.

Apparently something similar happened in the Netherlands too and it's on the service over there.
The Simpsons promo only starting popping up on online ads about a week or two before launch here in NZ and I believe it was the same for Australia.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Wait, the UK Disney+ isn't getting all of the Mandalorian at launch? Are they going to release it weekly again?

Gee, wonder why so many people in Europe are turning to alternatives to get that show.

Jul 4, 2018
Wait, the UK Disney+ isn't getting all of the Mandalorian at launch? Are they going to release it weekly again?

Gee, wonder why so many people in Europe are turning to alternatives to get that show.
That's the rumour according to how everyone is reading one of the tweets they sent out about the service. I think it could still mean Season 1/2 but we'll have to wait and see.

Oct 28, 2017
Really enjoying the Mickey Mouse shorts (from 2013). Reminds me of classic SpongeBob. Animation is excellent and looks great on my HDTV. It's cool that they incorporate several cultures into the show too.

Jamesways

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
Bluey is an amazing little kids cartoon. Probably my favorite from all the range of ones we've watched on Netflix, Amazon, Disney. Pete the Cat, Storybots, and Daniel Tiger are up there though.
The kids love it, it's cute, it's funny, and the messages are good.
Love the dad. And the accents.

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
Got an e mail this morning with a pre order offer for a year of Disney+ for £49.99, so we can save £10. Think I'll pre order at that price. Us Tier 2 customer won't have the lull in service the rest of you have had, so I think it will be worth it.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Got an e mail this morning with a pre order offer for a year of Disney+ for £49.99, so we can save £10. Think I'll pre order at that price. Us Tier 2 customer won't have the lull in service the rest of you have had, so I think it will be worth it.

Took up the offer myself. £4.16 or so a month is a great deal, I think.

Still wondering about The Simpsons in the UK, though.

DodgeAnon

Oct 25, 2017

I don't get the problem with this though? It was released episodically in the US, so it will release episodically elsewhere, too.

Releasing the entire season instantly sucks for potential spoilers and promotes binge-watching.

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
Took up the offer myself. £4.16 or so a month is a great deal, I think.

Still wondering about The Simpsons in the UK, though.
It's pretty great for the first year. Will be interesting how I feel after a year of rinsing the back catalogue. Sky have started advertising The Simpsons on the Sky Q homepage. I actually think it's a sign we will be getting the show on Disney+ in the UK.

Wallace Wells

May 24, 2019
Pretty sure The Simpsons isn't going to on Disney+ here in the U.K. it's not appeared in any of its advertising material

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I've just looked on the UK website, and its weird that there isn't a list of the content coming (unless I am missing it).

Is most/all of Disneys animated films on there? Is Frozen there? If I don't have to stick the blu-rays in anymore for my kid, that'd be handy :)

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
I've just looked on the UK website, and its weird that there isn't a list of the content coming (unless I am missing it).

Is most/all of Disneys animated films on there? Is Frozen there? If I don't have to stick the blu-rays in anymore for my kid, that'd be handy :)

Disney+ is replacing Disney Life in the UK, and Disney Life has Frozen already, so it's pretty safe bet. It will have most if not all of the animated catalogue, yes.

Couscous

Oct 30, 2017
Twente (The Netherlands)
Does anyone else have problems with the app on Android phones? I can only open the app when I delete it first and then download it again. I deleted the cache memory of the app, but nothing helps. It keeps saying that I can't connecr. I tried both Wifi and 4G.

I have a OnePlus 7 pro btw.

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019

Yeah I got it as well, it's a shame the Simpsons looks like it won't be on the service in the UK but there's plenty of other things I'd like to watch, and £50 for a year seems pretty good to me.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
I don't get the problem with this though? It was released episodically in the US, so it will release episodically elsewhere, too.

Releasing the entire season instantly sucks for potential spoilers and promotes binge-watching.
The spoilers are already out there from it having all been released in the US, meaning most entertainment outlets already consider Mandalorian spoilers to be fair game. Now Disney are asking the rest of the world to try avoiding spoilers for another 8 weeks.

What's likely going to happen is viewers outside the US will comment on something from their "newest" episode which then just gets spoiler filled responses from people in the US about how that plays into a later episode.

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017

I understand the reasoning. Disney are training customers to understand this isn't like Netflix where we series drop all in one go. The people who are excited to watch the show and pissed off about the weekly drop will still be excited for the show. It's the better bet in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.