• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 5864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not for a game like this they aren't, not even close.
Mouse click to move and RMB+LMB vs virtual joystick?

Uh, yes they are. Stuff like dashing is less precise because you cannot control the distance with a virtual joystick, and that's just basic movement. Precise casting is also way inferior, button binding, etc.

We've seen this before a hundred times in this genre.

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017
"Look at the negative reaction to the reveal. Fans clearly don't want Diablo anymore. Cancel 4, quick!"

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
RIP Diablo, sucks that my introduction to it was Diablo 3, thankfully Path of Exile was there.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in and excited.

Guess Era acts like I should hate this though.

I mean I've played the ever loving fuck out of Hearthstone on my phone. *Shrugs*

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
We're in 2018 and people on a gaming forum are still treating mobile games as if we're in 2008. C'mon people. It's a valid platform for millions and millions of players of all demographics and levels of dedication to the hobby. Is mobile still not the largest and most profitable gaming market?

There will come a day within most of our lifetimes where dedicated hardware will go the way of the dodo anyway, and most games will be streamed/ cast from our favoured devices onto their screens or others. I'd rather be part of the movement than an angry old man clinging to his dedicated "hardcore" box.
No one wants to spend $1000 on an Iphone X to play this at a good framerate when we have PC's & Consoles at home, that's my problem, no one cared about Hearthstone being a mobile game years ago. Bethesda is putting Blades on everything, they made the smart move.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I'll give it a fair shake. I'm a huge Diablo fan. Yes, I would have preferred Diablo 4 but I'll take what I can get.

Oct 30, 2017
I will probably get hated for this opinion but I'm excited about this. Nowadays I don't have time to play a loot grind game and something like Diablo on my phone is perfect. I feel the gameplay in this series is simple enough it may work. Something like Monster Hunter or Destiny would be much harder to do on phones.

As a person who doesn't usually play games on phones this could very well be my first ever mobile game I play seriously.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
What's simplified about it? I see 5 abilities and two potions you can use. A magic bar and a life bar. Per-ability cooldown timers. How is that simplified over Diablo III? How is touching something simplified over mouse-clicking something?

At worst they may implement d-pad-like controls, but they've already done that with the console versions of Diablo III, and people love those ports.

zashga

Losing is fun
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I'm thinking it was a very good idea to get out ahead of Blizzcon and tell everyone not to expect Diablo 4.

Deleted member 9317

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
I will probably get hated for this opinion but I'm excited about this. Nowadays I don't have time to play a loot grind game and something like Diablo on my phone is perfect. I feel the gameplay in this series is simple enough it may work. Something like Monster Hunter or Destiny would be much harder to do on phones.

As a person who doesn't usually play games on phones this could very well be my first ever mobile game I play seriously.
It's an MMORPG. You don't have time for an MMORPG.

Deleted member 32018

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
We're in 2018 and people on a gaming forum are still treating mobile games as if we're in 2008. C'mon people. It's a valid platform for millions and millions of players of all demographics and levels of dedication to the hobby. Is mobile still not the largest and most profitable gaming market?

Sure if it was just on this forum, check the youtube video dislikes, twitter etc, it's not just an "Era bubble". It's not being received well because they hyped it up being the last announcement of the opening ceremony and after the "multiple projects" video earlier in the year.

It's cool that there's a mobile game but how they announced it was tone deaf.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if reaction to this is going to force their hand into an earlier than planned announcement of Diablo 4. Similar to how MP4 was probably announced early after the reaction to Federation Force.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Mouse click to move and RMB+LMB vs virtual joystick?

Uh, yes they are. Stuff like dashing is less precise because you cannot control the distance with a virtual joystick, and that's just basic movement. Precise casting is also way inferior, button binding, etc.

We've seen this before a hundred times in this genre.
I'm confused, did you think I was implying touch controls were better?

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
No one wants to spend $1000 on an Iphone X to play this at a good framerate when we have PC's & Consoles at home, that's my problem, no one cared about Hearthstone being a mobile game years ago. Bethesda is putting Blades on everything, they made the smart move.

It's Netease and their games have absurdly low spec requirements. They will want it to run on as many devices as possible so why would they lock it to such a high spec and cost?

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
For those wondering the 6 player modes will likely not be available for the whole game - instead it will only be for world bosses / raid bosses, where you use built up characters to take down a huge boss with a large amount of HP (which will drop better loot, money, items).

This is how most of these games work. most of the game will be farming single player daily content (when connected to a server), to get ready for the biggers bosses many weeks after you start.

It is still a loot grind game, but the move to mobile makes ARPGs a very different beast.

Tbm24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if reaction to this is going to force their hand into an earlier than planned announcement of Diablo 4. Similar to how MP4 was probably announced early after the reaction to Federation Force.
Not sure what's the point. Whenever they do announce D4, they are all gonna come back anyway.

Deleted member 35598

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
tenor.gif

I missed Lord Humsley :(

The game looks good for mobile. I'll give it a try.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017

There will come a day within most of our lifetimes where dedicated hardware will go the way of the dodo anyway, and most games will be streamed/ cast from our favoured devices onto their screens or others. I'd rather be part of the movement than an angry old man clinging to his dedicated "hardcore" box.

Most people play games because they enjoy playing them, not out of some bizarre desire to be "part of the movement".

I don't enjoy playing games, especially action games on my phone.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
I've played a lot of these mobile arpgs and some moba and even though the controls are much better than expected I still can't see myself really getting into a game with these type of touch controls.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
I'm confused, did you think I was implying touch controls were better?

you quoted a person saying "yes" to someone asking if kb/m was better than touch and said "not for a game like this no"

i was confused by it as well

At worst they may implement d-pad-like controls, but they've already done that with the console versions of Diablo III, and people love those ports.

ah, so you're definitely trolling

i'll just give you a reminder - people werent okay with the casualization of skills in D3. at all

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So instead of click until dead it's tap until dead. D3 was a cake walk, should work on mobile just fine.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit.

" is this an out of season April Fool's joke?"

Fans at the Q&a Being straight up disrespectful now.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
It's Netease and their games have absurdly low spec requirements. They will want it to run on as many devices as possible so why would they lock it to such a high spec and cost?
The trailer seemed to have framerate drops & it was likely running on good hardware, the visuals look on par to D3 as well, which means older phones/tablets are no doubt gonna struggle with this. I might be wrong though, but still, i would prefer to play this at 60fps on my PC or even Switch.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
ah, so you're definitely trolling

i'll just give you a reminder - people werent okay with the casualization of skills in D3. at all
Not trolling. I know D3 was hated at launch, but they really went a long way to fix most of the issues, it's now a great game. And the console ports got high reviews.

But again, how is what they've shown so far simplified compared to Diablo 3? That's what I was responding to.

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
The trailer seemed to have framerate drops & it was likely running on good hardware, the visuals look on par to D3 as well, which means older phones/tablets are no doubt gonna struggle with this. I might be wrong though, but still, i would prefer to play this at 60fps on my PC or even Switch.

The trailer is most likely from footage in development and is running on a PC—unless I missed a "actual footage" tag (which I might have).

Footage and gameplay looked interesting and varied, too. A little slower than Diablo normally plays, though.

Deleted member 20630

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Honestly, I'm not sure why the hatred is this intense. Seems like crazy levels of entitlement. It's OK to not be interested in things, but...yikes, y'all.

Aranjah

Oct 27, 2017
Lmao at the guy who just asked in the Q&A if this is "an off-season April Fool's joke", though I feel bad for the devs having to field that question.

I mean, it's not the Diablo game anyone wanted, but [flame shield] I personally don't think it looks tooooooo awful?

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
That guy who asked if it was an april fools joke, fucking love him, it's what we're all thinking right now. I have never seen an annoucement bomb so hard.