• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I can't believe they could be this tone deaf.

BlizzCon's final, world-changing announcement... is Diablo mobile.

Farmed out to a third party developer who will no doubt gate the gameplay behind pay-to-advance microtransactions.

These are my thoughts exactly. Honestly if they didn't outright say that Diablo 4 or rather "what we all wanted to see" wasn't going to be shown off at Blizzcon, people would have rioted. I guess it'll have to wait until next year or the year after to be shown.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Looking at the video, this will be a game with a on screen analog stick, and not a touch to move game. Games like these rarely ask for quick inputs for 90% of content, and even implement autoplay options for the daily farming modes. Usually the bigger bosses ask you to avoid big bosses with consistent attack pattern, so as long as you can manipulate the on screen pad it should be okay.
Yeah but I saw like 4 or 5 skill buttons and you need to press those pretty often I would think. I'll watch the vid again, maybe I didn't see it properly. And on-screen analogs are the worst for me because it seems my fingers will always slowly trail off and I need to readjust.

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Going to be perfect for sitting on the toilet. I wonder when they plan to release it and how the payment will be structured

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I am one of the few people honestly excited for this, but this is fucking fantastic

wxdTb3c.png

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
The crowd is absolutely dead, no one gives a single fuck, this is getting embaressing now.

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
I expected a lot of shitty and uniformed hot takes about mobile games and I got them in droves. Y'all need to grow up.

Is it too late to join in? Because I don't want to play games on my phone. Period. People can say it's 2018 like it means something but I've only grown less and less interested over time.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
plus, we all know this is going to do extremely well.

oh, do we really?

blizzard spent years ignoring the diablo fanbase to the point it withered beyond repair and or moved to PoE or other similar games. i highly, highly doubt the mass public is dying to play mobile diablo in their place to make this a success like you claim

Blyr

Oct 27, 2017
I play a ton of mobile games

0 interest in this, I don't like the way action games control on phones, and though I could use my keyboard with nox, I've never really had a pleasant experience with them

I'm also amused that everyone just assumes this will be a huge success, as if the mobile market is fresh faced and ripe for the picking and we don't already have a ton of games to choose from

The name alone will get a lot of eyeballs on it, but I'd legitimately be shocked if this game was successful because the mobile market trend currently is: cute anime girls, fill you game with moeblobs, and that's where the market tends to go

Maybe that's just the circles I run in and I'm out of touch, but I could always go find a anime moeblob version of this and play that instead. I'll be following this from a distance just out of curiosity to see if this really does take off, or if it has a strong initial week or two and then sinks completely.

I think one of the biggest things hurting is it, is that it's not a interesting new spin on anything, like if they had gone maybe like, SRPG with it, that'd get a lot more people interested, or vaguely idle game ish where you set up your character and push a button and they run around clearing screens for you and gathering loot on their own, but as it stands idk, it's just.. another one of those except with the official diablo name attached

dantevsninjas

Oct 27, 2017
Eh, I can't remember the last time I played a mobile game. If I want to play something on the go, I'll just use the Switch.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
it looks nice, just you know would be great to have it on a console atleast. is their a price or is it f2p?

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
oh, do we really?

blizzard spent years ignoring the diablo fanbase to the point it withered beyond repair and or moved to PoE or other similar games. i highly, highly doubt the mass public is dying to play mobile diablo in their place to make this a success like you claim
Diablo is a much much bigger franchise than PoE or any of the others, This game will do fine and ideally it will be good. We know diablo 4 is coming and it will be big when it does unfortunately I was hoping for a d2 remaster this year but looks like another year at least.
Yes they will. They will gobble it up and ask for more.
If it's good than of course, there's nothing saying it won't be a good game.

MrJohnSherry

Jan 4, 2018
I love the Diablo series, and I am extremely annoyed there is no 4 (yet) or 2 remaster, but this honestly doesn't look that bad. I'll give it a try for sure, got nothing to lose.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
0z1kyft4hdv11.jpg

Diablo fans, look for a new home.
I'd also like to highly recommend Grim Dawn, which feels even more like classic Diablo. But Path of Exile is dope, too.

@Topic: Blizzard goes where the money is. They don't care for what (old) fans want since Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne released. It's time to stop being disappointed in them and just ignore them. Other developers already filled their spot. Well, at least for the hack'n'slay genre. Classic RTS is pretty much dead.

Oct 27, 2017
OKC
I hope this is good but I really don't trust this shit since they're outsourcing it to some f2p chinese mobile dev, just seems like a recipe for being bad.

Last edited:

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
I am one of the few people honestly excited for this, but this is fucking fantastic

wxdTb3c.png
These numbers would be opposite if they just copied Bethesda, tease Diablo 4 or Diablo 2 Remastered, then announce Immortal for PC, Consoles & Mobile with some line like "Whether you play on Desktop, Consoles or Tablets, this is a Diablo experience for everyone" just announcing a famous PC franchise that is now also famous on Consoles as a Mobile exclusive game, with zero other announcements about the franchise for the core fans, is shitty.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
*Brack enters conference room and locks door*

Brack: Now who wants to introduce Diablo Immortal?

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Really disappointed that this was it. Saw the mobile game, thought "alright, that's cool for the people that want it" and then they just closed it there. On a mobile game, nothing else. Pretty disappointed they didn't even talk about anything else.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Whelp my faith in blizzard dwindles further thanks to BfA and now this. Ah well, should have seen the writing on the wall.

Fanatic

Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Nobody is forcing you to play it
If you want to indulge in the lore you kinda SOL.
I have no faith that this game can control the monetization, let alone even hope to give gameplay remotely similar to what fans expect from the franchise.

I already think Diablo plays bad with a controller let alone having to use a tiny touch screen. Yikes.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
they definitely are, are you ignoring that beyond the mouse there's also a mapping for literally every key on your keyboard?
Not ignoring that at all. You'll never convince me a game like this can play better on touchscreen versus kb/m. To think people would even consider this to be true boggles my mind.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Not ignoring that at all. You'll never convince me a game like this can play better on touchscreen versus kb/m. To think people would even consider this to be true boggles my mind.

It boggles the mind alright
The argument is the opposite - kb/m is vastly better than touch

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
We're in 2018 and people on a gaming forum are still treating mobile games as if we're in 2008. C'mon people. It's a valid platform for millions and millions of players of all demographics and levels of dedication to the hobby. Is mobile still not the largest and most profitable gaming market?

There will come a day within most of our lifetimes where dedicated hardware will go the way of the dodo anyway, and most games will be streamed/ cast from our favoured devices onto their screens or others. I'd rather be part of the movement than an angry old man clinging to his dedicated "hardcore" box.