Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Imagine being a Diablo fan right now

I am a Diablo fan, and this is the most interesting thing they could have done IMO - but I know I am in the minority

I like really long grindy mobile ARPG, and seeing how far I can get without going crazy whale mode. I have played Marvel Future Fight (the best example of this kinda game), for three years on and off.

A company like Blizz trying this genre (which is much different than regular ARPGs) is exciting to me.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not a fan of mobile any more than the next guy, but this looked pretty decent, and it's one of the few types of games that can control quite well on a phone.

Always online? Online co-op from anywhere? I'm honestly pretty excited, and I say that as someone with an iPhone XS with not a single game logged on it so far.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind it being mobile at all but I'm wondering why they're not developing it in-house instead? Worked out pretty damn well for Hearthstone, though I guess this is a more resource-intensive project. Still, Blizzard is huge.

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
From the website:

Massively Multiplayer Action in Your Pocket
Meet other demon-slayers as you wander Sanctuary, and join them to take on deep, treacherous dungeons. Visit vast social hubs like Westmarch and conduct business with local merchants before setting off on your next adventure. Drop in or out of groups easily and engage in dynamic events all over the world, teaming up with other heroes as you take down Skarn's minions—and reap powerful rewards.

Giving me nightmares of Diablo III launch, except in a wider scale.

Zelretch

Oct 25, 2017
Didnt look too good to me, not a fan of the UI, hard to read what is going on with thos kind of grafics and that many enemies + other people + that quality of grafics im not sure my mobile can move it.

Maybe the trailer just didnt highlight the acommodations made to make it mobil but appart of the intrusive UI it looks like Diablo 3 running in a mobile device and thats it

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Lol at all the mobile hate.

Like... have people ever even touched a well-made mobile game? They're just fine.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
you people thinking its going to be good because "blizz is doing it" realize blizzard is not doing it right

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I am a Diablo fan, and this is the most interesting thing they could have done IMO - but I know I am in the minority

I like really long grindy mobile ARPG, and seeing how far I can get without going crazy whale mode. I have played Marvel Future Fight (the best example of this kinda game), for three years on and off.

A company like Blizz trying this genre (which is much different than regular ARPGs) is exciting to me.

I'm still very much looking forward to the eventual announcement of Diablo 4, but I completely agree here.

Sindee

Banned
Oct 26, 2018
By making Diablo Immortal take place after D2 it essentially turns the current D3 into D4. I guess Blizzard did give us D4 after all. Well played Blizz...

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This really should have been a scenario in which they announce this alongside a tease for Diablo 4. Because now this thing is just going to get piled on for not being the thing people want. It was always going to get that to an extent, but it's going to be even worse because it's the only thing they talked about.

Shinjica

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
tenor.gif

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
Oh good, garbage. I just don't want to play mobile games. Congrats to Blizzard on the money printing from whatever scummy monetization strategy they wind up employing here.

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017
Old people that hate mobile gaming are upset.

This looks good, I'd rather play Diablo on my phone than the other terrible clones.

I don't understand why so many people are resistant to gaming on a phone or tablet because they are "gamers" everyone else seems to manage fine with the concept.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Is it me or was the guy on stage kinda shocked by the total silence in the room when he was pausing for applause?

On topic : not for me. I'm sure it'll sell gangbusters but fuck it anyway.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
I don't fucking want to play a game like this on my phone. At least let me play it on a Switch.

I HATE playing big games on phones. Phone games for me are quick and easy time wasters, not intense dungeon crawling.

Am I fine with this game existing? Yes, but it isn't for me. At least let me know that you're making something for PC (and now console) gamers. That's what Bethesda did with Blades/ESVI and it was successful.

Manwell

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Being a huge Diablo fan, a part of me died today. I don't want to play a mobile Diablo. Literally any other announcement would have been ok for a hold over. D1/D2 remakes or remasters or even just QOL updates like Starcraft got. Even a new D3 expansion or some content update just something for PC players. But we got this...

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Diablo 3's launch shattered my faith in Blizzard and it never recovered. Not sure what anyone expects at this point.

They're EA now

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
Ouch. I wasn't excited after Diablo 3 but this probably made it even less interesting.

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
Even as a Diablo Mobile game it looks pretty disappointing. Feels more like a port than a new game and not made in house.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Perfect. Only way to play Diablo, in short session while pooping on office time.

KKRT

Oct 27, 2017
Old people that hate mobile gaming are upset.

This looks good, I'd rather play Diablo on my phone than the other terrible clones.

I don't understand why so many people are resistant to gaming on a phone or tablet because they are "gamers" everyone else seems to manage fine with the concept.
Poor controls and 30fps in ultra fast paced action rpg what to like here?