Arozay

Oct 29, 2017
Just get a phone

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Have played D3? Arpgs are all about a shit ton of stuff on screen and avoiding it. Try doing that in mobile. No one wanted a diablo game in mobile what we wanted was D4 or a remake. This is BS after getting nothing for years.

Mobile ARPG are not about this. This is a mobile ARPG. Sure it is called Diablo, but is catering to the mobile ARPG market. Mobile ARPG means a very different thing.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Ahhh, you do know what Blizzcon is right? And the guy asking the question is fine? I don't get that response at all, it's rather Blizzard's response that is terrible and immature.

Also, people. This game isn't made by Blizzard. They literally shafted the game to a third party mobile developer. That's how much they give a shit.
It's a place for adults to play dress up.

Asking the devs if their game is an off-season april fools joke isn't immature? But saying that it's full fledged Diablo experience on mobile is? What? Also, would it be better if Blizzard was themselves focusing on developing a mobile spinoff rather than focusing their work more on mainline games? That's what you want, but not the game? Just them working on it?

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
"Do you guys not have phones? You guys all have phones, right?"

Completely tone deaf.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Diablo 3 sold tons, why does Blizzard treat Diablo like the ugly stepchild with a mobile game they are not even developing themselves?

I don't understand it.

Ozgiliath

Alt-Account
Aug 13, 2018
The thing is that there have been Diablo'esque games on mobile for years and not one of them felt good to play to me

Add to that stuff like the battery getting hot and drained, your thumbs covering the screen and possibly a bunch of mobile game design shit that costs you time and money and I can't help but feel largely uninterested in this despite being a Diablo game. I'm sure this will eventually make Blizzard more money than the actual main series ever did, but as someone who associates Diablo with long playing sessions and the feeling of "click'n'slay", this really ain't it for me

That's why i never liked mobile games, i will never touch anything for it.

datamage

Oct 25, 2017
Ahh, they SPIT ON YOU. That's it! By not rewarding your loyalty by announcing a game you want, they SPIT ON YOU! And thus deserve a bunch of hostility. For spitting on the fans.

And y'all say it's not entitlement.

Wow, if that person's question was hostile, the world must be a scary place for you.

JMTHEFOX

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
The huge amount of dislikes on that gameplay trailer, oof....

I will try to give this a fair chance though. I hope it gets native gamepad support.

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
RDR on Switch is something a lot of people would want. You can't compare that to Diablo and Artifact.

Bet ya 50 that a lot more people would want it on HD hardware.

You're comparing three things that are completely different. Your post is dumb.

Seems like it's getting similar levels of ire but sure, believe whatever you want lol...

One of these things is not like the other.

Bet.

Shryke

Oct 26, 2017
They deserve this shit. I bought all the Diablo games on PC. I'm didn't ask for a mobile game. If they showed a teaser/title of Diablo 4 after that, that would totally ease the pain. Just ending it on that? That is just sad.

Oct 25, 2017
Mobile ARPG are not about this. This is a mobile ARPG. Sure it is called Diablo, but is catering to the mobile ARPG market. Mobile ARPG means a very different thing.
The core of the problem is that they are revealing it as the next Diablo-thing for everyone, and not as a small sidegame to tide people over to the next game. They're trying to both have the cake and eat it.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
I'm trying to find a gif of someone rolling their eyes so hard that they come out the back of their head, but I'm coming up empty.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Ahh, they SPIT ON YOU. That's it! By not rewarding your loyalty by announcing a game you want, they SPIT ON YOU! And thus deserve a bunch of hostility. For spitting on the fans.

And y'all say it's not entitlement.

Do you have shares in Blizzard, you're really defending them hard in this thread. Diablo fans have been neglected for years and years, while being some of the most loyal fans out there, it's a disgrace to treat your fans like this. No one wanted some crappy mobile game, it's not aimed at the core Diablo community at all. There's a reason the crowd was dead, and why everyone is upset, it's just the latest slap in the face in a long line. Plus the way they're handling the cristism is shameful, deleting all the negative comments on Youtube for example. I've been a big fan of Blizzard for more years than I can remember, but this is total bullshit and no one should be defending them.

Daitokuji

Oct 27, 2017
It wouldn't surprise me if the Diablo mobile game is little more than a reskin of an existing Diablo clone they already have.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's a place for adults to play dress up.

Asking the devs if their game is an off-season april fools joke isn't immature? But saying that it's full fledged Diablo experience on mobile is? What? Also, would it be better if Blizzard was themselves focusing on developing a mobile spinoff rather than focusing their work more on mainline games? That's what you want, but not the game? Just them working on it?
Right well if your response to Blizzcon is adults playing dress ups then it's clear your mindset is as childish as you seem to think these responses are. So the problem here isn't that it's a mobile game, whatever on that part as I myself actually enjoy a few solid mobile titles like Animal Crossing or Go. The problem is the timing of such an announcement and then the proceeding panel handling.

This isn't a game being developed by Blizzard but is their IP fair, yet they took the time to think such an announcement was worth it at the end of an opening ceremony to their most hardcore enthusiast convention. How does that not strike you as a bad decision?

Ozgiliath

Alt-Account
Aug 13, 2018
Do you have shares in Blizzard, you're really defending them hard in this thread. Diablo fans have been neglected for years and years, while being some of the most loyal fans out there, it's a disgrace to treat your fans like this. No one wanted some crappy mobile game, it's not aimed at the core Diablo community at all. There's a reason the crowd was dead, and why everyone is upset, it's just the latest slap in the face in a long line. Plus the way they're handling the cristism is shameful, deleting all the negative comments on Youtube for example. I've been a big fan of Blizzard for more years than I can remember, but this is total bullshit and no one should be defending them.

They even removed tweets and tweeted it again because of the negative comments, pretty awful from them.

Oct 25, 2017
The more I think about it, the more I think the right move would have been to show this off at Gamescom. It would have given players time to adjust and see the merits of the game, whatever they are, before the BlizzCon panels had to face them. And there was a precedent for how mobile titles were cautiously introduced outside of the standard calendar, if you look at how Hearthstone was announced several years ago to considerable doubts about Blizzard venturing into mobile. This was a publicity misfire no matter how much they did to contain it in advance (as they did), even if expectations from the base were unmanaged, as they've been every year for the Diablo crowd since the release of Reaper of Souls.

I think the atmosphere surrounding Immortal's announcement has made it difficult for anybody to cut through the crap and give the developers a fair hearing instead of turning away at the "mobile spinoff" headline and the uninspired, D3-derivative exterior. And I say this as someone who isn't in the market for it at all. Blizzard makes questionable decisions but they don't do shovelware; they've earned some benefit of the doubt even if you don't see yourself playing the game (and I don't). Then again... NetEase.

The showing in the opening ceremony reminded me of Super Mario Run. But the reaction I've been hearing about, though I haven't caught up on it properly yet, reminds me of Federation Force.

Last edited:

Dunfisch

Oct 25, 2017
I'm the EU ERA D3 Admin. I have taken up this position from Yoshichan, and I've always tried to do right by that post. D3 has given me a lot of great hours.

Well consider me like : | . So much | | | .

To recap: this... thing here, this has 6 man MP, arguably has more graphical definition in the details than D3 had and there's fucking verticality now?

Bet it'll have MTX out the ass, too. Just shoot me already.

I don't want to play it, just out of spite. But I will.

witchedwiz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry blizzard, but I don't need anymore mobile games..
Balls in your court for the next diablo thing, because for me this sure ain't anything noteworthy..

Absoludacrous

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I just don't know how Blizzard didn't have the self-awareness to not only put this last in the conference, but also open it up as the first panel.

Oct 30, 2017
I just realised this will likely have microtransations.

Microtransations in a loot game defeats the purpose for me. Reminds me of the auction house of Diablo 3 launch which killed looting.

So this is a definite pass from me.

It's funny my reaction for this game wasn't the same as everyone else.

First announced.
- Cool I'll give it a chance, I'm actually excited to play a quality loot game on my phone as I don't really have the time to play a loot game on my TV these days, rather play a big story driven game on the TV.

Outsourced to a Chinese Dev
- Hold on Blizzard are not internally making this, then what makes it any different from the other crappy Chinese action games on phones other than the IP. I guess my anticipation of this being good quality has dropped as Blizzard have made decent game on phones (Hearthstone) and have succeeded in trying something new (Overwatch).

Microtransactions likely
- Microtransations in a loot game I'm out

Deleted member 20630

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Fans are being spit on.

A disgrace.

A slap in the face.

Keep the hits coming. These are certainly fascinating ways of saying "I'm a bit bummed there was no news for a version of Diablo on a platform I might be interested in, despite being explicitly told to temper my expectations."

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Calling someone's work a joke because you aren't interested in a mobile game is not hostile? Also, have you seen the tsunami of toxic shit that Blizzard "deserves" for "spitting on the fans."

I really don't blame people who paid a ton of money to be in that audience wondering if all of this was some kind of cruel joke. Its maybe the most tone deaf announcement I've ever seen at a conference. They could have just said Diablo 4 was in development and slapped a 15 second teaser afterwards or something. The fact they didn't... probably means it really is a -long- ways off.

Tareskog

Oct 30, 2017
Trondheim
This is just so sad... If Blizzard doesn't have another ace up it's sleeve when it comes to Diablo, I don't see how this can end well for the Diablo legacy.