Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Calling someone's work a joke because you aren't interested in a mobile game is not hostile?

They are obviously just providing the assets for the game. NetEase seem to be making it so I wouldn't really call it their work. I still do agree that some reactions are too far and Wyatt looked terrified at the end of the announcement. Still extremely poor from Blizzard.

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well Xbox One X already has the 4k enhanced version so that cancels that out right away. It's never been on PC so meh, they aren't missing out on what they never had. Also it's a dumb hypothetical because it wouldn't happen.

With announcements like this, I wouldn't count anything out at this point lol...

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The core of the problem is that they are revealing it as the next Diablo-thing for everyone, and not as a small sidegame to tide people over to the next game. They're trying to both have the cake and eat it.

I agree. This might not be the game many people watching today wanted to see... but that does not make it bad. It will entertain a lot of people, and because of the name, might inform others that mobile games of these type can be a great time sink to go down. I understand the anger in this thread, but a lot people people are angry at something they do not understand, and are making totally false remark about a type of game they've never touched

Mobile ARPG =/= ARPG

Testobjekt

Jan 23, 2018
Germany
Mike Morhaime be like: "Good luck bro!"

blizz-6.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
I just don't know how Blizzard didn't have the self-awareness to not only put this last in the conference, but also open it up as the first panel.

They had nothing else this year that would qualify as a brand-new product. There was WC3 Reforged, of course, but a remaster wasn't going to occupy the lead-off panel. Immortal was literally their biggest announcement, measured by novelty.

Deleted member 2550

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really on the fence here. I think the game looks okay for mobile despite having almost no interest in it due to it being on mobile.

I do think Blizzard has earned the negative response from the core Diablo fanbase who are unhappy about it. Within reason though. Negative questions/comments at a Blizzcon Q&A is really no surprise to me. The April Fools guy was a dick, but eh... The inevitable threats and all that shit that'll probably come from it though can fuck off.

I legit feel bad for the guys on stage since it probably wasn't their call, and yet I totally get a lot of the responses to the announcement too.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fans are being spit on.

A disgrace.

A slap in the face.

Keep the hits coming. These are certainly fascinating ways of saying "I'm a bit bummed there was no news for a version of Diablo on a platform I might be interested in, despite being explicitly told to temper my expectations."

Some people are certainly over-reacting but trying to dismiss all complaints as "entitlement" is equally silly. You can disappointed in something without automatically feeling like you are unduly entitled to something else. When were fans told to temper their expectations? I haven't really been keeping up with the pre-show but I didn't notice it in the opening ceremony or the Diablo panel?

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I really don't blame people who paid a ton of money to be in that audience wondering if all of this was some kind of cruel joke. Its maybe the most tone deaf announcement I've ever seen at a conference. They could have just said Diablo 4 was in development and slapped a 15 second teaser afterwards or something. The fact they didn't... probably means it really is a -long- ways off.

Holy shit yeah, I didn't even think about the poor Diablo fans who paid potentially thosands of £ to be in the crowd to hear that awful annoucement.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
I can't tell how disapointed I am

The What's next panel was painful to watch and I have 0 interest in this travesty

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Have played D3? Arpgs are all about a shit ton of stuff on screen and avoiding it. Try doing that in mobile. No one wanted a diablo game in mobile what we wanted was D4 or a remake. This is BS after getting nothing for years.
Only for like a thousand hours, yeah.

Having it in my pocket wherever I go sounds pretty dope to me.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Right well if your response to Blizzcon is adults playing dress ups then it's clear your mindset is as childish as you seem to think these responses are. So the problem here isn't that it's a mobile game, whatever on that part as I myself actually enjoy a few solid mobile titles like Animal Crossing or Go. The problem is the timing of such an announcement and then the proceeding panel handling.

This isn't a game being developed by Blizzard but is their IP fair, yet they took the time to think such an announcement was worth it at the end of an opening ceremony to their most hardcore enthusiast convention. How does that not strike you as a bad decision?
Sure I'll answer you, but tell me how asking developers if their game is a joke isn't immature but a proper question?

Seemingly ending opening ceremony with it was a bad decision, as we can see from the backlash. But seemingly they didn't expect it. People were just moment ago losing their minds with Diablo on the Go with Switch. Now there's Diablo on the go on mobiles. They probably didn't think people would straight up disrespect the devs, to their face.

Last edited:

Castor

Oct 29, 2017
New York City
I could get excited about this if I had any faith that this would be an actual game and not try to nickle and dime me through mtx somehow.

Deleted member 20630

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Some people are certainly over-reacting but trying to dismiss all complaints as "entitlement" is equally silly. You can disappointed in something without automatically feeling like you are unduly entitled to something else. When were fans told to temper their expectations? I haven't really been keeping up with the pre-show but I didn't notice it in the opening ceremony or the Diablo panel?

And I have not once criticized anyone for being disappointed. I'm criticizing things like the toxic tone of the backlash, the celebration of hostility because Blizzard somehow "deserves it," and posts heralding a mobile game announcement as some kind of slap in the face.

Being bummed because a thing you are interested for didn't get announced? Sure. I'm with them. I'm also not interested in this mobile Diablo game, and I'd love a Diablo 4. Doesn't give me the right to shitpost about how Blizzard is dead and spitting in my face and call the work of a bunch of people a joke.

Also, they put out a statement well in advance of Blizzcon. https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/22549433/

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm old time Blizzard and Diablo fan. This announcement is pathetic.

Uproar from Blizzard fans is totally understandable. If this was announced along with Diablo 4 then I'm sure no one would mind this at all. Kinda like what MS did with Gears of War 5 and Gears Pop!

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I am never going to play a full mobile game even if it is good because I dont have a state of the art smart phone and never will. That said they can do whatever they want, and I am sure they will make a lot of money off this.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly the reaction is harsher than I expected and I can't help but imagine how things will go when diablo 4 turns out to be some sort of destiny-like faux MMO lol.

Boclfon479

Oct 25, 2017
See Blizzard REALLY needed to do what Nintendo did when they announced Sami's returns and when they announced Pokémon US/UM, and give a mention about a core game in the series.

If Nintendo didn't announce metroid prime 4 when they announced Sami's returns, it would have been a shit show. Same with US/UM, if they didn't say that they were also working on new core games for the switch, people would have flipped like this.

Blizzard needed to let people at least know that they are actively working on diablo 4, whether it was true or not. That would have allowed them to have people think this was to hold them over or something, but how it is now, they set it up as their ace card and it fell flat.

Oct 25, 2017
Being bummed because a thing you are interested for didn't get announced? Sure. I'm with them. I'm also not interested in this mobile Diablo game, and I'd love a Diablo 4. Doesn't give me the right to shitpost about how Blizzard is dead and spitting in my face and call the work of a bunch of people a joke.
Of course you still have the right if that is how you feel.