I have no idea how you guys stomached killing one of the characters. When I had to do my genocide run for Heavy Rain, I literally left my character to die and turned off the monitor. I'm just happy I can choose do not save and still have my chars alive when I get the trophy.

I REALLY want to play through and explore all of the options in the flowchart, can someone link me a flowchart guide on how to get all the potential outcomes? I know the obvious ones like killing a character or choosing to chase deviant over Hank, but doing so will mean looking at 5-6 playthroughs when I actually want to get my singleplayer backlog over with.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
My start-menu-Chloe was so upset after i answered that i didn't think that we're friends. It's not that i can't see me being friends with someone like her but i talked 2 times with her before and suddenly she askes me if we're friends...

My game / ending
  • Markus was peaceful.
  • Stuck with nonviolence.
  • Made Connor a deviant and he activated the Androids in the Cyberlife warehouse
  • Connor died but seeing nu-Connor loosing in the end was neat. Hank was shot by nu-Connor.
  • Amanda trusted ne 100% until i turned deviant.
  • Connor and Band sang a song and society forced the govnerment to stop hostilities. (President said maybe Androids are a new intelligent life-form).
  • Todd made a scene at the bus stop but was convinced by Kara to let them go.
  • Lived: Markus, Kara, North, Josh
  • Died:
    • Luther was shot at the bus stop.
    • Alice got shot when we took the boat across to Canada.
    • Simon shot himself back in the broadcast Tower.
    • Hank was killed by nu-Connor
    • Carls heart wasn't strong enough for Leos bullshit
Didn't understand quite why my Alice died to be honest. Other deviants could be brought back to life(Daniel(Hostage Android at the beginning), Simon during one of the later scenes in the police station. Why did she have to die without this option?

Overall i think the Game was fantastic. Such a big step up from earlier Quantic Dream Games. I'll try to get the platinum trophy.

Gemeanie

Oct 27, 2017
SEA
Oh dang no wonder no one talked about what happened if Markus doesn't forgive Connor. It was so out of character for my 100% pacifist Markus though.

Deleted member 2083

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some issues I had:
- In the Eden Club, I was able to successfully track the deviant to the room she was hiding in(BTW, somehow that turned out to be North???, at least I assume it was. If you have Markus complete a romance with her, she admits she was a sex android and strangled a client then escaped) but upon seeing the cutscene of her hiding in one of the private rooms, I started moving Connor towards it. A cutscene triggers with Hank saying we ran out of time to find her and expressing disappointment in Connor. Which made no sense, because I knew exactly where she was and they were speaking as if we couldn't find her. This kinda pissed me off, because multiple times after this my "failure" to find the deviant keeps being brought up.
North wasn't the sex slave, she was a sex slave. All Traci models, identical to North, were built to be sex slaves. North just didn't kill a man and escape from that Eden Club.

The deviant you were tracking wasn't in a private room, she was by the loading dock. By connecting with various androids in the club, you see that Traci entered and left one or two private rooms. You have a limited window to find a memory of her entering the corridor to the loading dock.

After that point, no android at the club will remember in what direction she went due to their memories being wiped. As in other timed situations, some actions during that scene progress time differently.

If you make it to the loading dock, Hank makes a comment that you've lost her because the shutter is open and he thinks she's run away.

The scenes where Connor tracks down deviants are meant to end in failure, either because Connor lets them escape or he is forced to kill them. His failure to capture them alive will be referenced throughout the game.

can yo
My start-menu-Chloe was so upset after i answered that i didn't think that we're friends. It's not that i can't see me being friends with someone like her but i talked 2 times with her before and suddenly she askes me if we're friends...

My game / ending
  • Markus was peaceful.
  • Stuck with nonviolence.
  • Made Connor a deviant and he activated the Androids in the Cyberlife warehouse
  • Connor died but seeing nu-Connor loosing in the end was neat. Hank was shot by nu-Connor.
  • Amanda trusted ne 100% until i turned deviant.
  • Connor and Band sang a song and society forced the govnerment to stop hostilities. (President said maybe Androids are a new intelligent life-form).
  • Todd made a scene at the bus stop but was convinced by Kara to let them go.
  • Lived: Markus, Kara, North, Josh
  • Died:
    • Luther was shot at the bus stop.
    • Alice got shot when we took the boat across to Canada.
    • Simon shot himself back in the broadcast Tower.
    • Hank was killed by nu-Connor
    • Carls heart wasn't strong enough for Leos bullshit
Didn't understand quite why my Alice died to be honest. Other deviants could be brought back to life(Daniel(Hostage Android at the beginning), Simon during one of the later scenes in the police station. Why did she have to die without this option?

Overall i think the Game was fantastic. Such a big step up from earlier Quantic Dream Games. I'll try to get the platinum trophy.

Can you refresh on who are Carl and Leo?

TimFL

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Also explained why Todd is such an asshole and blame Alice for everything.
My head canon, Todd had a nice family, wife and a daughter (picture in Alice's box). one day the daughter die, they buy Alice hope to "replace" their daughter but things go south.
You actually get to know the backstory of
his family when he is alive and you make it to the bus stop in the end (walk around to the right and he should pop up). Depending on your actions he spills his heart out and tells you (or rats you out I think, my encounter ended positively).

SloMoBackSlap

Feb 15, 2018
Do they ever explain how Markus can "wake up" other androids?

I choose to believe Markus was different than other androids. If you used Connor to analyze Markus' unskinned face in the tv station broadcast, you find out the creator of the androids gave Markus to the artist that "raised" him. Also, there are no other androids that look like Markus in the whole game.

Also, if you have Connor shoot Chloe to get information on Jericho, you'll see the creator's disappointment. He really wanted Connor to admit he felt empathy. I think he intentionally created an android that could easily spread the deviancy, and gave him to someone who could quietly cultivate his ability to think freely.

delume

Oct 27, 2017
Newest of all Zealands
Holy shit what a ride! Ended up with peaceful resolution with Markus, Connor and Frank all alive. Most others dead. As for Kara, Alice and Luther, they had the most nail biting escape from the internment camp, then woke up at a dump together. Happy family! :) Reading this thread about people making it to Canada with them blows my mind.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really confused by the narrative purpose of the Alice twist.

The only thing that gets shown is that... Kara acted really stupid for most of the game?

It was supposed to show that Kara felt like she was experiencing something special with a human child when in fact it was a child model designed to want a mother. I mean, it was meh attempt at trying to present hypocrisy or something.

I think both of you missed the point. That twist was not suppose to show anything for Kara it was a meta twist suppose to question the players themselves. If that twist, makes you feel less about Alice or changes your outlook on their story then it's suppose to make you realise that perhaps you yourself do not see Androids as equal to humans despite going against humans at every turn while playing as these Androids.

Additionally it's not really a twist because it's always out there in front of us but just like Kara we choose to not see it either. For example you can see picture of Todd's real daughter in Alice's box, You can see that magazine picture of Alice bit (it's blurred a bit but it's still readable), when you ask Alice for her secret early on in the game she says "if she tells Kara her secret she is afraid Kara won't love her anymore", Alice refers to Androids as "us" and "we" and when you hear it for the first time you just think it's because she associates herself with Androids because of being with Kara rather than herself being an Android, She also never actually eats outside of the dinner scene at Todd's place. All this is in addition to Luther doing his foreshadowing about Alice.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The more I think about it, the more I love the implementation of menu screen Chloe and think QD very cleverly semi-concluded the game, through her character.

By her breaking the fourth wall, always speaking directly to you, including recognising things personal to you, eg how long you've been playing, how tired you might be and so on, and then at the end of your playthrough, finally asking to be set free, a key facet of the entire story comes full circle, but from a perspective more personal to the player.

Through the course of the story, we sort of grew and bonded with Chloe on a more direct level, or at least got acclimatised to her (especially if like me you visited the main menu copious times), that made letting her go that much more difficult, and her request for freedom more poignant and consequential. Through that decision, we also got some semblance of the feeling ordinary people in the game (who weren't really focused on) may have felt when their own androids asked them for their freedom, at least on a very macro level.

It's sort of funny how much I miss having her there at the title screen, and how much more dull and empty it is now without her. Kind of hope there's a way to get her back at some point, although I suppose that would be missing the entire point lol.

In these respects, I think the way Chloe was implemented was some very smart design.

Last edited:

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I choose to believe Markus was different than other androids. If you used Connor to analyze Markus' unskinned face in the tv station broadcast, you find out the creator of the androids gave Markus to the artist that "raised" him. Also, there are no other androids that look like Markus in the whole game.

Also, if you have Connor shoot Chloe to get information on Jericho, you'll see the creator's disappointment. He really wanted Connor to admit he felt empathy. I think he intentionally created an android that could easily spread the deviancy, and gave him to someone who could quietly cultivate his ability to think freely.
Also both Markus and Connor are RK models. I suppose the probing/Vulcan mind meld thing is exclusive to them (North is surprised when she experiences it with Markus hinting she never saw it before), so is the preconstruction thing. Reconstruction and real time evidence analyzing seems to be exclusive to Connor though.

chris 1515

Oct 27, 2017
Barcelona Spain
I'll post in this thread a lot later but I'm just gonna say that this is my GOTY so far and I'm gonna leave it there for now.
Very close to getting the platinum now, the most time consuming trophy will be the magazine trophy (since some magazines only show up under certain conditions, i.e. the ones related to Markus' choice of rebellion) and the one for getting Connor killed 10 times (which I can cut short by killing off Markus and Kara)

It is not my GOTY but not far. It is my first Quantic Dreams game and I like it.

My first run:

Kara and Alice died, Luther was killed in Rose house killing the cop in the process.
Markus won the war
Connor succed to save Hank and convert the cyberlife Android
Carl died

TimFL

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Also both Markus and Connor are RK models. I suppose the probing/Vulcan mind meld thing is exclusive to them (North is surprised when she experiences it with Markus hinting she never saw it before), so is the preconstruction thing. Reconstruction and real time evidence analyzing seems to be exclusive to Connor though.
When you shoot Chloe and pick the "Virus" question Kamski tells you about the interaction software Androids have build in and that he assumes they spread the free will virus that way, where it lies dormant until exposed to extreme levels of stress. He cheekily claims it's just a guess on his end, but the way he acts in that chapter makes me think he created the virus before he left CyberLife (afaik he left on creative differences).

That being said, I don't think the "wake up" is exclusive to the RK models. I see it more or less as every android being capable of waking up other androids. It's just that most are incredibly naive or "narrow minded", they wouldn't think twice about waking up others or being woken up. Kind of like kids, they are capable of doing
it but don't know they can?
Also, we know that there were several other raids during the Capitol Park chapter. I assume they also freed androids there.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
When you shoot Chloe and pick the "Virus" question Kamski tells you about the interaction software Androids have build in and that he assumes they spread the free will virus that way, where it lies dormant until exposed to extreme levels of stress. He cheekily claims it's just a guess on his end, but the way he acts in that chapter makes me think he created the virus before he left CyberLife (afaik he left on creative differences).

That being said, I don't think the "wake up" is exclusive to the RK models. I see it more or less as every android being capable of waking up other androids. It's just that most are incredibly naive or "narrow minded", they wouldn't think twice about waking up others or being woken up. Kind of like kids, they are capable of doing
it but don't know they can?
Also, we know that there were several other raids during the Capitol Park chapter. I assume they also freed androids there.

Yea you are right, I did pick the virus option in one of the playthrough a and that's what he told me. Plus as you say there are other raids in capitol park and at the end when Connor's recruiting his army those guys are waking each other up.

Carpathia

Oct 25, 2017
Then of course is how neither Alice or Kara are even scratched in that scenario yet Luther's injured enough to instantly die. It just really doesn't sit well with me.

At least there's the bus though.

Well both Alice and Kara can be injured (and eventually die) when they are on the boat, it's not like the have plot armor but yeah Luthor is the one you can't save, still have to play some parts of the other route, the one where you take the bus, I don't know if he can survive there or not.

Last edited:

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Did pretty well on my first playthrough. Managed to get the save everyone ending. Even Jerry, who randomly popped up in that one scene. Me, Alice and Luther got let through the check gate and didn't need him for a distraction because the public opinion was for us. So we got let in.

Felt the romance was a bit abrupt and forced with North. Her levels kept going down when I wouldn't kill anyone and went peacefully but that one bit where you find out her past she went straight to lover when I talked to her.

I was feeling off about Alice being a machine too at first but I've started coming round to the idea now.

Just need two more trophies to plat it. The kill Connor at every opportunity and have Hank shoot him. Will get both on the same playthrough.

Last edited:

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished and got a perfect ending, I really enjoyed it
Managed to also save hank because I figured the game would give me a chance to save him if I went for the obvious save him option, which the game did one other time as well, so I guess it was a little predictable in that sense

I didn't find it very difficult to save everyone since I was always going to go for the pacifist path or nice path anyway, not sure if you can save Luther but mine died on the boat after coming out of the water.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished and got a perfect ending, I really enjoyed it
Managed to also save hank because I figured the game would give me a chance to save him if I went for the obvious save him option, which the game did one other time as well, so I guess it was a little predictable in that sense

I didn't find it very difficult to save everyone since I was always going to go for the pacifist path or nice path anyway, not sure if you can save Luther but mine died on the boat after coming out of the water.
That's not the perfect ending.
Perfect ending has you save Luther as well but for that you need to take the bus and go past border security.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Wouldn't Kamski get put on trial for risking the survival of the entire human race? Just because he felt machines are better than humans. He's a psychopath and a mass murderer. In every way forward one side would loose countless highly intelligent beings.

The amount of suffering he created just because he felt the need to play god. How can you give a maschine a consciousness from one second to another without helping them understand what is happening. How can you throw a new lifeform into a world where one species dominates everything and can kill anything without even a second thought?

And the scene with testing Connor was also bullshit. He doesn't care about androids or humans. He gave Connor a weapon just because he wanted to see if he would go through with it. Connor (if the player chooses) is more human than Kamski.

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
It became OK to me when Kara meets Todd at the bus station.

Yeah. First time I missed that bit completely because I went straight left and ended up taking the tickets.

When I was chapter hopping to get the different trophies and magazines I had a better look around there and ran into him. I let him talk and got his story then let Alice hug him.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
It's cool how they integrated the Kara demo from 2013 into story. Apparently that was because she was getting reset after Todd fucked her up.

Gemeanie

Oct 27, 2017
SEA
And the scene with testing Connor was also bullshit. He doesn't care about androids or humans. He gave Connor a weapon just because he wanted to see if he would go through with it. Connor (if the player chooses) is more human than Kamski.
He's definitely playing god here. I'd say he cares more about the evolution of the androids than one android, hence using Chloe as test subject for the most advanced android at the moment. I have not tried the other choice but he definitely looked pleased when Connor refused to shoot, hence dropping hint on the emergency exit in the program which Connor recalls later.

Edit: I stand corrected

Last edited:

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
He drops the hint on emergency program even if Connor kills Chloe. But it definitely seems like he wants Androids to evolve and become human even if purely to fulfill his God complex rather than sympathise with them. If Connor shoot Chloe he's disappointed and shocked even but he doesn't show any remorse or concern.

I concluded that this is probably why he left or was force to leave Cyberport, he wanted them to progress and see how far they can go while Cyberlife clearly wants to keep them strictly as machines.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
My ending results:

- Kara escaped with Alice to the Canadian border. Luther sacrificed himself during the boat ride when the border patrol showed up on the river by covering the two girls and shielding them from the gunfire.
- Markus led and won the peaceful revolution. Never wavered throughout. Huge public support (I played him like MLK the whole way through) When backed into a corner after refusing the deal, he kissed North which forced the President to call off the guard. Simon, Josh, North and Markus all survived.
- My deviant Connor converted the androids at Cyberlife after saving Hank from the Connor double and answering the question about Hanks son correctly which lead to Hank killing the duplicate.
- Connor escaped the ice garden at the end after Cyberlife regained control and resisted assassinating Markus.
- The end credits movie was Connor and Hank meeting and embracing after being reunited post conflict.
This was my end results as well apart from Kara's, in which I took the bus route with Luther and Alice, got through the passport/heat check thanks to Markus' peaceful protests, and everyone survived in the end.

I think I got the best ending for each character(?).

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Noticing on my kill Connor playthrough that the Simon looking android must be the cheapest one for people to buy, it shows up everywhere!

Oct 27, 2017
I'd actually really like to see a prequel game (i don't know how far in advance though)

But it would be cool to see more exploration of:
- The early deviants and some exploration of those events
- some kind of cool plot twist for rA9
- Carl losing the use of his legs and being gifted Markus by Kamski, and Carl/Markus' early relationship (and some more resentment from Leo)
- Why Kamski left Cyberlife and some more exploration of his views on deviancy
- Creating his Amanda replacement

And I'm sure there is a multitude of other things they can come up with, a bunch of earlier stories of human / Android interaction. They can do explorations of things at a smaller level as a contrast to D:BH's macro AI uprising events. Explore some smaller vignettes before they fully understand deviancy like I'm Time of Eve or something.

I definitely think they've built up enough of the world where a bunch of stories set before (and some that set up) this game would be viable

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I think I was very close to finishing it before having to leave for class. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Kara avoided the cop's suspicion and is going to be crossing to Canada

Marcus infiltrated the Cyberlife store, then led a peaceful protest and didn't kill the cops.

Connor sacrificed himself to save Hank. A new model looks to have replaced him in the scene I quit at.

TimFL

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
I think I was very close to finishing it before having to leave for class. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Marcus infiltrated the Cyberlife store, then led a peaceful protest and didn't kill the cops.

Connor sacrificed himself to save Hank. A new model looks to have replaced him in the scene I quit at.
That's the end. Maybe a cutscene or so left.

CarterTax

Oct 25, 2017
Even though both Kara and Connor died (did not transfer to Nu-Connor or save Hank) I am still very satisfied with my ending. Markus led a revolution which I attempted to keep as peaceful as possible but resorted to violence when necessary, and now the Androids have equal rights.

As much as I'd like to go back and change a few things to get a better ending, like Heavy Rain, I'm just going to keep my original ending and be okay with that story. It was extremely well done and the best yet for QD even if review scores don't support that narrative.

futurevoid

Oct 25, 2017

I think the previous response may have misunderstood where you are. If Connor sacrificed himself to save Hank during the broadcast room investigation, you have plenty of game left (a couple of hours). You are not just an end cutscene or two away.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I think the previous response may have misunderstood where you are. If Connor sacrificed himself to save Hank during the broadcast room investigation, you have plenty of game left (a couple of hours). You are not just an end cutscene or two away.

That was the scene

I've played the other two characters' scenes after that. Now I'm on to Connor's next.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Can I kill Markus? I didn't like the Jericho storyline. I prefer personal stories and relationships.

alexbull_uk

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
UK
When is the earliest that you can kill Markus + Kara/Alice?

I want to do a run where I get all the Connor deaths, and it'll be a lot faster if I can skip out on the other two character storylines.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I will compile a list of common questions and answers soon, like what explanation the game gives for rA9, the virus, how Markus can likely transfer the virus, what's up with Amanda, how Alice can catch a cold, does Kara know about Alice and what the relationship is with Todd etc

There is a lot explained in this game in secret branches or by environmental clues.

Gemeanie

Oct 27, 2017
SEA
Oh wow if Connor chased Kara and Alice early on he gets to apologise to them at Sacred Ground.

Last edited: