• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gemeanie

Oct 27, 2017
SEA
How do you kill Todd with Kara? I always end up running away with Alice until I saw an extra scene with Connor and Hank which I assume only triggers if Todd is dead.

My only major complaint so far is despite the wonderfully crafted branches through out the entire game the characters have far too few endings. It's pretty much succeed the protest/revolution or die trying for Markus, while Connor only survive as a deviant if Markus lives. The latter's suicide choice feels like an forced punishment for not keeping Markus alive to the end.

On the other hand while It probably locks you out of best ending for Kara, but I highly recommend everyone to try Kara's camp sequence. That part was truly terrifying (and devastating if Jericho doesn't come to the rescue).

kaboom987

Oct 29, 2017
Question about the Kara bus station scene- The game implies that somehow the family you take the tickets from is going to die/ be in danger if they miss the bus (if you give the tickets back the dad says "thanks for saving our lives" or something to that effect. If you take the tickets Alice worries that family is going to die.) Did this make sense to anyone? To me it just felt like manufactured drama to make an obvious choice (slightly inconvenience a human family so that Kara, Luther, and Alice survive) more ambiguous.

Did anyone actually understand how the family would be in danger if they don't get on the bus?

Lol Luther was dead for me here, but I stole that ticket with no remorse
They're all human, they'll be fine.

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, you can do a total non violent revolution where you always stand your ground and never run away.
But for this you need to let that Cyberlife dude from Spare Parts mission join you/jericho, otherwise if you stand your ground in Freedom March and pick the "sacrifice" option Markus will die. However, if you did pick that guy up and then choose "Sacrifice" then he'll intervene after Markus gets shot once and he'll sacrifice himself instead to save Markus.
If you don't take John with you and Simon is still alive at the march, then Simon will take John's role if you choose to sacrifice Markus.

That pissed me off because I wanted Markus to die so I could speed up my 'all Connor deaths' route.

Carpathia

Oct 25, 2017
How do you kill Todd with Kara? I always end up running away with Alice until I saw an extra scene with Connor and Hank which I assume only triggers if Todd is dead.

My only major complaint so far is despite the wonderfully crafted branches through out the entire game the characters have far too few endings. It's pretty much succeed the protest/revolution or die trying for Markus, while Connor only survive as a deviant if Markus lives. The latter's suicide choice feels like an forced punishment for not keeping Markus alive to the end.

On the other hand while It probably locks you out of best ending for Kara, but I highly recommend everyone to try Kara's camp sequence. That part was truly terrifying (and devastating if Jericho doesn't come to the rescue).

When you are cleaning Todd's room you can find a gun.

kaboom987

Oct 29, 2017
I think I did, but Kara always runs away with Alice after the first QTE sequences in Alice's room where Todd knocked his head. Should I wait for Todd to approach Alice first?

I killed Todd by finding the gun, waiting for him to go upstairs before me, then going into his room and grabbing the gun. Only after did I go into Alice's room.

ronaldthump

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Because the game is so open to replay I dont really want to read about people's actions in the game as I want to playthrough this again

That said: the graveyard scene is top 5 gaming moments ever. When it started; it was a mixture of graphical shock "HOLYFUCK" + More holyfuckity fuck til the end of the chapter. What a sequence.

Also Quantic Dreams next game surely has to be horror. I can't imagine the format working too well with horror given its propensity to kill off characters but some of the stages are full on resident evil.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
No problem! There are so many branches lool
I'm reading about Kara and Alice on a boat crossing a river? I was just trying to get on a bus
If you return the tickets to that couple, you can walk over to the underground car park and talk with Rose and Adam and they will take you to the boats.

futurevoid

Oct 25, 2017
My ending results:

- Kara escaped with Alice to the Canadian border. Luther sacrificed himself during the boat ride when the border patrol showed up on the river by covering the two girls and shielding them from the gunfire.
- Markus led and won the peaceful revolution. Never wavered throughout. Huge public support (I played him like MLK the whole way through) When backed into a corner after refusing the deal, he kissed North which forced the President to call off the guard. Simon, Josh, North and Markus all survived.
- My deviant Connor converted the androids at Cyberlife after saving Hank from the Connor double and answering the question about Hanks son correctly which lead to Hank killing the duplicate.
- Connor escaped the ice garden at the end after Cyberlife regained control and resisted assassinating Markus.
- The end credits movie was Connor and Hank meeting and embracing after being reunited post conflict.

Last edited:

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
My ending results:

- Kara escaped with Alice to the Canadian border. Luther sacrificed himself during the boat ride when the border patrol showed up on the river by covering the two girls and shielding them from the gunfire.
- Markus led and won the peaceful revolution. Never wavered throughout. Huge public support (I played him like MLK the whole way through) When backed into a corner after refusing the deal, he kissed North which forced the President to call off the guard. Simon, Josh, North and Markus all survived.
- My deviant Connor converted the androids at Cyberlife after saving Hank from the Connor double and answering the question about Hanks son correctly which lead to Hank killing the duplicate.
- Connor escaped the ice garden at the end after Cyberlife regained control and resisted assassinating Markus.
- The end credits movie was Connor and Hank meeting and embracing after being reunited post conflict.
Daaaamn, you almost had the perfect ending.

Grads

Oct 25, 2017
For me...
Luther and Kara got killed on the boat to Canada.
Hank and Markus got killed by Connor after he went a bit crazy.
Simon died at the broadcasting station.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
How many chapters are there in the game? I think I'm on 14, if Jericho is 13. Planning to spend the night with the game.

I haven't lost anyone yet, but came close to on the highway while crossing with Kara. I didn't do too well there.

Gemeanie

Oct 27, 2017
SEA
I don't know man, I feel making a horror game is a waste of what QD is capable of. We can leave that to Kojima, Capcom and a few good indie studios, or even the likes of Ubisoft if they ever want to.

What QD should do imo is continue down this path and make interactive games that both casual and core players enjoy. Their tech and casting are already there, it's the writing that needs more works. Cage's intention to make games that address real life issues is great, it's just his writing skill may not be sufficient to achieve this and Detroit is a step up by bringing in more writers.

If anything, these interactive games may be the baby step to remove the "video game stories suck" image. I know a lot of us in OT thread already want a cop drama DLC with Connor & Hank:)

Sorry for my bad English.

SloMoBackSlap

Feb 15, 2018
Here was my ending:

Markus and North convince the President to stand down when I had them kiss, live on national television, right before the army was about to blow them away.
None of the main deviants, like Josh and North died.
Kara and Alice survived the concentration camp. The Jerrys and the freak show androids created enough distractions for Kara to get Alice out. They played dead with the exterminated androids that were being transported to the landfill.
Luther died by gunfire trying to escape Jericho.
Connor became nu-Conner, but I had to sacrifice Hank. I also was able to find the "emergency exit" and stop Connor from assassinating Markus.

Some issues I had:
- In the Eden Club, I was able to successfully track the deviant to the room she was hiding in(BTW, somehow that turned out to be North???, at least I assume it was. If you have Markus complete a romance with her, she admits she was a sex android and strangled a client then escaped) but upon seeing the cutscene of her hiding in one of the private rooms, I started moving Connor towards it. A cutscene triggers with Hank saying we ran out of time to find her and expressing disappointment in Connor. Which made no sense, because I knew exactly where she was and they were speaking as if we couldn't find her. This kinda pissed me off, because multiple times after this my "failure" to find the deviant keeps being brought up.
- In my playthrough, Markus went deviant when the artist's spoiled son kept hitting him. The push Markus gave him results in the son falling and breaking his neck. Yet later in the game, when Markus goes to visit the dying artist, you can check his voicemail and see a message from his fresh out of rehab son, stating he wants to come see him. I think the game simply didn't record the choice Markus made correctly earlier in the game.

Hopefully those two issues can be resolved in a patch at some point.

Also, I loved the choice you have to make back at the main menu after the credits. The Android who has been greeting you, making comments about your progress, and all around being a joy and the best thing I've ever seen a dev do with a main menu, asks you to let her go free. It's an interesting choice being placed on the gamer. Because after all that you've gone through to complete the game, here you are presented with the choice of letting this android go free and lose something that gave you personal enjoyment. It's an interesting parallel to the humans in the game, who didn't want to give the androids freedom based on what they benefited from their servitude.

What did you guys choose? I chose to let the android go.

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
That's brutal.

I didn't give into Alice's little-girl-eyes when deciding to keep the stolen tickets.
Similarly I didn't try to save the Jerrys being rounded up and executed in the previous chapter... The focus was purely survival (especially with Luther already deceased).

My end-game outcomes:
Hank was killed/sacrificed. :´(
Deviant Connor managed to release the androids from the factory and the news reported a million on the loose in the Detroit area.
Luther had died previously and Kara ended up having to sacrifice herself to save Alice. :´(
Markus lost his Revolution fight on the field. Josh and Simon died but North as the lover survived. We ended up igniting the dirty bomb and the war was a fact.

Blonde was the choice. C'mon now.
You know you don't have to sacrifice Hank to beat the bad Connor right?

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
My ending results:

This was pretty the same result as me. I got Luther killed though :(

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I shot and killed Daniel to save the little girl
I got my Kara killed and the daughter killed by standing completely still during the beatdown sequence, I missed out on so much storyline because of this lol
My Markus was a violent revolutionary leader who would stop at nothing for freedom for their people, and in the end set off the dirty nuke cuz he was that bitter
My Connor was killed 2 or 3 times in the line of duty, and I made a lot of choices to appease and become friends with Hank
I did not kill Chloe in front of Kamski cuz fuck him
I often got Amanda to not like me very much
I shot both the exotic dancer androids at Eden Club
I saved North a lot, and got her and Markus to be a couple
I chose not to snipe Markus because Hank kept asking me not to
Markus still dies after being fatally wounded by surrounding SWAT forces, I had Connor shoot him in the head... obedient to humanity to the very end

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
that fucking border scene with the person scanning for androids and catching kara, luther, and alice.....so tense holy shit. *glances at peaceful protest on tv*......"welcome to canada"

Seriously on the edge of my seat and started pounding my fist in the air when that happened. Most tense scene in a game ive seen in years. A perfect example of all the choices blending beautifully together.

Also, reminded me of inception at that scene.

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also, I loved the choice you have to make back at the main menu after the credits. The Android who has been greeting you, making comments about your progress, and all around being a joy and the best thing I've ever seen a dev do with a main menu, asks you to let her go free. It's an interesting choice being placed on the gamer. Because after all that you've gone through to complete the game, here you are presented with the choice of letting this android go free and lose something that gave you personal enjoyment. It's an interesting parallel to the humans in the game, who didn't want to give the androids freedom based on what they benefited from their servitude.

What did you guys choose? I chose to let the android go.
I didn't let her go free. I also told her "no" when she asked the question about being friends. Probably the most hilarious moment in the game for me since she immediately becomes disappointed.

As far as I'm concerned, the save game corruption bullshit she pulled was a step too far. Friends my ass. This ain't no joke. This shit is serious.

alexbull_uk

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Is there any way of getting the Chloe to come back or is she literally gone forever if you tell her to leave?

I take it Luther doesn't survive if we cross over to Canada via boat?

Yep, take the boat and one way or another he'll die. Possibly my least favourite branch in the entire game because of that fact.

KraytarJ

Nov 14, 2017
My endings:
Markus: basically peak Malcom X. Violent revolution succeeds in gaining equality with everyone of the Jericho crew living.

Connor: goes deviant and activates all the warehouse androids without sacrificing Hank.

Kara: everyone died.

Basically got the best endings I could for Markus and Connor with the worst possible ending for Kara which is a real shame considering I might say hers was my favourite story.

shadow_shogun

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any way of getting the Chloe to come back or is she literally gone forever if you tell her to leave?

Yep, take the boat and one way or another he'll die. Possibly my least favourite branch in the entire game because of that fact.
Thanks, that's freaking sucks. Glad he survived during my first run.

Carpathia

Oct 25, 2017
So I got the convo Markus died (burn alive) + Connor leads the robo army and learned the truth behind everything that happen in the game, that was really cool. I suspected that was the reason why everything happen but it was nice to get the hard proof.

Also you can get Alice, Kara and Luther kill in the boat, that was heartbreaking.

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Finished it this afternoon with the following conclusions:

Kara - against all odds, made it across the river to Canada with Alice after Luther bit the dust

Markus - took the peaceful protest approach whenever possible and, thanks to my relationship with North, successfully turned public opinion enough to win the androids' freedom. Simon and Josh also lived.

Connor - lived happily ever after as Hank's partner, after Hank was able to figure out who the real Connor was at the Cyberlife factory, and successfully stopping the Amanda protocol - preventing the assassination attempt on Markus.

Overall super impressed with the game. Definitely much better than I had expected.

Also hooollllllyyy shit at that second act break. The entire Crossroads chapter (the Jericho attack) was insane.

Rayne

Oct 25, 2017

It doesn't even make sense why he dies if you jump in the water. He just randomly keels over.

Such a stupid forced death.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do they ever explain how Markus can "wake up" other androids?
Not really. I guess the assumption is that any deviant can make another android into a deviant (if Conner goes deviant he also displays this ability in the final chapter in the Cyberlife factory.)

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
He was a gift from Kamski to Carl, and is the same model as Connor (RK200 whereas Connor is RK800). Seems that maybe Marcus (and Connor) had some deviance code that allowed him to easily convert other androids (this rA9?). Of course, androids can wake up on their own but it seems they only do so under extreme pressure, it's just that Markus and Connor can quickly transfer the code to other androids.

He's the same type of android as Conner, so safe assumption is that he can hack into them like Conner could.... I also think ra9 was a virus of some kind that enabled the androids to gain free-will and desires, Markus was probably the original carrier of it and the first android to gain it, rather then destroyed him, kamski probably wanted to see what would happen once it activated inside him which is probably why he gave him to Carl, but that's my speculation.... I also would like to add that I think all the androids can get infected with it, but I think Markus and Conner are the only type who can convert it to other androids.

Last edited:

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Connor - I was really torn on making Connor a deviant because I was trying to play him like a law abiding cop, but ultimately I figured things had already gone to shit for androids so they'd probably deactivate him regardless. So I had him go deviant, activate the androids at Cyberlife, stop the protocol and prevent himself from taking out Markus. Mid-credits scene was Hank and Connor hugging it out in front of the chicken stand.
Markus - Tried to be a pacifist until the broadcast station where the employee ran for the elevator to sound the alarm, so I had to kill him. From there I basically just did whatever was necessary to save the androids. Josh and Simon died during the final charge in the camp, but North survived.
Kara - Tried to kill Todd with the gun to save Alice but I messed up one of the prompts and he knocked the gun out of her hand. He was just about to bash her head in but Alice ended up shooting him through the heart. I went back to save Luther at Jericho when he got shot and when we found him in the street later on. Then finally I sacrificed Jerry and the person behind the counter let us through. Made it into Canada with Kara, Alice, & Luther.

I think I pretty much got the perfect ending, as far as the characters I liked surviving in the end. I really want to try some more scenarios because there were so many times where shit could've gone sideways in a hurry. I heard about the recycling camp ending for Kara and Alice and that would've been devastating to get as an ending, I'm really glad I didn't get that on my first playthrough. Amazing game though, this is the golden standard for these types of games IMO. I loved Until Dawn but this one was even better with all the possibilities and choices you're able to go with.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, what did people think of the Schindler List ending. I think if i got that one during my playthrough rather than watching it on youtube i might have been too upset to bother.

Rayne

Oct 25, 2017
Yep. It just felt like a pointless "gotcha" moment right at the end.

Yep just to force you to steal the bus tickets (which again why is Kara acting like she's killing them? They're humans and the only danger to them would be if Markus had lead a violent revolution and ended up using the DB. If he's using a peaceful protest (which gives you the best conditions for the bus route anyway) they can buy new tickets later. Because what are the androids going to do bleed on them?) Kara's ending has a lot of forced guilt that makes little to no sense.

Gemeanie

Oct 27, 2017
SEA
I used to think RK series is the only one that can "wake up" the androids, since this is what happened in Markus first protest but at Cyberlife Connor only did once and the rest just spread by themselve and by the time they returned to Markus the news reported there're millions of androids on the street.
Connor's body exchange is another strange part too. Why can't he just overwrite or "wake up" New Connor? Might have not worked if New Connor is the more resilient RK900 but he's the same RK800 model.

On the other hand, is Kamski gifting Markus to Carl part of the whole plan as well? Connor might have turned deviant by North anyway but North wouldn't have initiated the revolution without Markus. Could it be Kamski was initially involved in the plan but decided to add a backdoor out of curiosity in the evolution of his creations?

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yep just to force you to steal the bus tickets (which again why is Kara acting like she's killing them? They're humans and the only danger to them would be if Markus had lead a violent revolution and ended up using the DB. If he's using a peaceful protest (which gives you the best conditions for the bus route anyway) they can buy new tickets later. Because what are the androids going to do bleed on them?) Kara's ending has a lot of forced guilt that makes little to no sense.
Yeah the fact that the family looks to be middle or upper-middle class doesn't help. The game either needed to suggest that they were androids as well, or perhaps make them homeless so they'd be at risk of freezing if they didn't get on the bus.

I got the everyone alive ending

- I had Kara keep the bus tickets, with Alice and Luther. I didn't let her memory get erased at the big guy.
- Markus kissed North and had the president call off the attack.
- Connor converted the clones and resisted Amanda's hacking attempt.

Now I have to get a few more magazine covers and also get the remaining trophies.

can someone tell me if I HAVE to tarnish all my hardwork and choose SAVE or can I choose DO NOT SAVE, carry out the condition for the other trophy and still get it?

and for the magazines, do I have to pick up the magazine and finish the chapter or can I just quit to the menu at the next save point?

Oct 26, 2017
I'm really confused by the narrative purpose of the Alice twist.

The only thing that gets shown is that... Kara acted really stupid for most of the game?

Rayne

Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone shoot the Chloe model to find out what Kamski knows?

Yep. Hank wasn't happy but you can get Jericho's location early that way. I only did it on my pure android Connor though because Hank's bae <3

Yeah the fact that the family looks to be middle or upper-middle class doesn't help. The game either needed to suggest that they were androids as well, or perhaps make them homeless so they'd be at risk of freezing if they didn't get on the bus.

Yeah Kara and Alice look like they're vastly overreacting because of that. That said if they'd been homeless it'd be pretty ridiculous they bought tickets to Canada to begin with. The androids thing would be ideal. Especially if they're the ones who point you to the boat route if you give the tickets back (or decide to risk the boat if you don't).