• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
At 745 with my titan and bummed I can't play more today -_- might switch to my 715 hunter and start the grind with her since I'm more or less certain I'll hit the cap on my titan next weekly reset

Oct 28, 2017
Wish I could go back in time and tell my past self never to hand over alkanes to Sloane on Titan, and save them all up for the future.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
4 slots to 750!

3 of my powerful drops this week were the same level as my highest piece, which was frustrating. But the 750s are coming in now.

I have 10 MW pieces, a few good exotics, two fully synergized armour/weapon builds.

Progress feels good. Today's maintenance is annoying, but I'm probably playing too much anyway.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
All Supers got for everyone and my Titan up to 750. Love that Light Level is a very relaxed grind again, now I can work on my Hunter.
Got a Extended Barrel/ Accurized/ Outlaw and Rangefinder Austringer with a Range MW, but I want a Rampage roll, not PvP.

azfaru

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Fuck me. Tonight was the first night of the week I can play and there's maintenance. Maximum bummer. Sorry for a lazy question but how long will this go on for?

LunaticPuma

Oct 27, 2017
Jokes on you Bungie, I never start playing until 10/11 pm EST anyway.

I finally did my first heroic zero hour last night and acquired the catalyst. I don't really care about the ship, but trying to decide if I should do the puzzle to speed up progression or just go through the 5 weeks.

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
Sorry for the rant in advance, but I swear to I'm about to pull my hair out if I don't get Jotunn soon. I've been doing Forges every week for months now and still don't have this fucking thing (or Le Monarque for that matter). Drops that relies strictly on RNG bullshit is garbage, but drops that rely on RNG AND you only have a very limited amount of attempts to get each week is downright trash. I should also mention that RNG hates me in almost every game I play (and real life for that matter) so my odds are already in the gutter.

For all the bitching you hear about quests such as pinnacle weapons like Mountaintop or Recluse/Luna, at least getting those are dependent on skill and there's no limitation to how much work you can put into getting them, making them fair (If not grindy). 1K Voices and Anarchy are bullshit too, but I'll give those just slightly less shit since those are tied to raids, and kind of offer an incentive/reward to going through a legenthy process, but once again, only having one shot a week at very low odds is still garbage. It's extremely annoying that guns like these boil down to "Either the game blesses you with everything, or you get fucked everytime". I'd rather the drop rate be even lower but I have as many attempts to get it as possible, but that's just me.

Basically, the TLDR is that I fucking hate RNG in this game and it consistently has been fucking me.

Supreme Leader Galahad

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Hello DestinyERA, im in need of some help here: is Cross Save going to allow me to merge my PS4 260 Warlock with my recently made PC Titan(Going for a fresh run to help a friend who started to play)? Because if not i think ill buy Forsaken only after the the launch of New Light so i dont lose all the exotics on my PS4 Warlock. I already plan to buy the Shadowkeep deluxe on PC anyway. Also is there an ERA Discord for Raids and Nightfalls? Back when i finished the game on PS4 i wasnt able to do endgame stuff because i didnt have friends with the game(no matchmaking) and now that im planning to come back, i want a good group to do all activities: raids, dungeons, nightfalls etc. I dont have problem with speaking english on voice chat but im not a native speaker.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Hello DestinyERA, im in need of some help here: is Cross Save going to allow me to merge my PS4 260 Warlock with my recently made PC Titan(Going for a fresh run to help a friend who started to play)? Because if not i think ill buy Forsaken only after the the launch of New Light so i dont lose all the exotics on my PS4 Warlock. I already plan to buy the Shadowkeep deluxe on PC anyway. Also is there an ERA Discord for Raids and Nightfalls? Back when i finished the game on PS4 i wasnt able to do endgame stuff because i didnt have friends with the game(no matchmaking) and now that im planning to come back, i want a good group to do all activities: raids, dungeons, nightfalls etc. I dont have problem with speaking english on voice chat but im not a native speaker.
There are no mergers of accounts.

You must choose an account.

Choose wisely, Guardian.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for the rant in advance, but I swear to I'm about to pull my hair out if I don't get Jotunn soon. I've been doing Forges every week for months now and still don't have this fucking thing (or Le Monarque for that matter). Drops that relies strictly on RNG bullshit is garbage, but drops that rely on RNG AND you only have a very limited amount of attempts to get each week is downright trash. I should also mention that RNG hates me in almost every game I play (and real life for that matter) so my odds are already in the gutter.

For all the bitching you hear about quests such as pinnacle weapons like Mountaintop or Recluse/Luna, at least getting those are dependent on skill and there's no limitation to how much work you can put into getting them, making them fair (If not grindy). 1K Voices and Anarchy are bullshit too, but I'll give those just slightly less shit since those are tied to raids, and kind of offer an incentive/reward to going through a legenthy process, but once again, only having one shot a week at very low odds is still garbage. It's extremely annoying that guns like these boil down to "Either the game blesses you with everything, or you get fucked everytime". I'd rather the drop rate be even lower but I have as many attempts to get it as possible, but that's just me.

Basically, the TLDR is that I fucking hate RNG in this game and it consistently has been fucking me.
You don't need any of these weapons to complete content or compete, they can make it easier but try not to focus so much on obtaining them. I was in your position and it was bumming me out, a lot. I've since (aty least tried) to switch my mindset and I'm not getting as frustrated at least.

Oct 28, 2017

We don't know details about whether you can merge pre-existing accounts, so you can have access to both your PS4 characters and PC characters on your chosen platform, but I hope there'll be no issues with this. If there is info on this, please go ahead and shit on me, fellow thread users.

There's an Era discord, info is in the OP. There's a general PC LFG one where you can find a group for any activity, and then there's the Era one where people feel much more organised and nice. I just got my first raid done recently with all Era people and it was good fun. Took hours but it was definitely worth it.

Supreme Leader Galahad

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
We don't know details about whether you can merge pre-existing accounts, so you can have access to both your PS4 characters and PC characters on your chosen platform, but I hope there'll be no issues with this. If there is info on this, please go ahead and shit on me, fellow thread users.

There's an Era discord, info is in the OP. There's a general PC LFG one where you can find a group for any activity, and then there's the Era one where people feel much more organised and nice. I just got my first raid done recently with all Era people and it was good fun. Took hours but it was definitely worth it.
Is the ERA one through the Discord server or a different thing?

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
I put this out there in our clan discord, as well as, the global DEra discord to all PS4 users;

I will be on vacation next week ( like half of office working America) from both jobs and will have some extra time I'll be willing to help some DEra peeps through some of the older raids that they may not have gotten a chance to go through just yet.

This includes Levi, Eater of Worlds, SoS, Last Wish and Scourge

Let me know what raid that you would like to run and what days/times work for you and I will try to see if I can get some DEra peeps or clanmates to help out and sherpa runs as needed.

Oct 28, 2017
Is thre ERA one through the Discord server or a different thing?

There's an Era Discord and then there's the PC LFG one. Two separate Discord servers but I recommend joining both. Era one is good for organising raids and events at specific times, PC LFG is good for pick-up groups at any time whenever you feel like getting up to something with others, like PVP stacks, Nightfall grinds etc.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah people said Jotunn is fairly common drop back then, but it took me 4 weeks or 22 powerful frames to get one. And I've done numerous powerful frames at Bergusia since then but haven't seen another one drop since, not even for the blueberries. Le Monarque for days though.

Oct 27, 2017
Jokes on you Bungie, I never start playing until 10/11 pm EST anyway.

I finally did my first heroic zero hour last night and acquired the catalyst. I don't really care about the ship, but trying to decide if I should do the puzzle to speed up progression or just go through the 5 weeks.
You on PC? I haven't attempted a Heroic run yet but would like to get and complete the catalyst at some point.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

I could build a brand new tower from LeMonarques that have dropped in the izanami forge.

Shooter

Oct 28, 2017

I have 50 Last Wish clears and no 1K. It's basically a meme with my normal group I play with.

Supreme Leader Galahad

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
I put this out there in our clan discord, as well as, the global DEra discord to all PS4 users;

I will be on vacation next week ( like half of office working America) from both jobs and will have some extra time I'll be willing to help some DEra peeps through some of the older raids that they may not have gotten a chance to go through just yet.

Let me know what raid that you would like to run and what days/times work for you and I will try to see if I can get some DEra peeps or clanmates to help out and sherpa runs as needed.
I would like some help with Levi, im redownloading D2 on PS4. I only have the base game tho and ill need some help getting to Raid power since i didnt had friend to do Nightfalls with back when the game became free with Plus. Im on vacation too but we would have to see the timezones since im from Brazil.

Nov 14, 2017
The community liked the removal of SBMM? Uh no. No it did not. And it still does not.
Yes, it did. Destiny is a game that's extremely sensitive to player connection, so preferring connection quality over player skill ranking makes for objectively better games. What's the point of playing against someone of supposedly equal skill when they are lag teleporting everywhere - and you're most likely doing the same on their screen?
I have 50 Last Wish clears and no 1K. It's basically a meme with my normal group I play with.
I got mine after 63 chests. Then I got my second on my 75th chest. Bungo pls.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
I would like some help with Levi, im redownloading D2 on PS4. I only have the base game tho and ill need some help getting to Raid power since i didnt had friend to do Nightfalls with back when the game became free with Plus. I'm on vacation too but we would have to see the timezones since im from Brazil.

For Levi, you really only have to be 300ll for Levi. What LL are you at right now?

Yes, it did. Destiny is a game that's extremely sensitive to player connection, so preferring connection quality over player skill ranking makes for objectively better games. What's the point of playing against someone of supposedly equal skill when they are lag teleporting everywhere - and you're most likely doing the same on their screen?

I got mine after 63 chests. Then I got my second on my 75th chest. Bungo pls.

Wait, did you just counter-argue yourself there?

Oct 25, 2017
I got like 5 Jotunns after my initial drop (i gave 1 to my Titan and 1 to my Hunter and sharded the lower light versions due to leveling) and that initial drop came from the second powerful drop once Jotunn was available at the forge but that dreaming city ship took me like 4 shattered attempts (with 2 characters each as my third was under-leveled and when they were ready it finally dropped)

RNGGod can be a cruel fucker

There is another poster (TheHunter iirc) here that might have cleared 100 runs before it dropped for them.

Last edited:

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC

I would like to run through these. I got back in with Forsaken and dropped off and now I've been going pretty hard at the game again.

Supreme Leader Galahad

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
For Levi, you really only have to be 300ll for Levi. What LL are you at right now?

Wait, did you just counter-argue yourself there?
Yes but i was 280 or something back then, i didnt knew very much how to grind properly to 300 and when i searched for how most guides said i should do Nightfalls and thse required friends if i remember well. No clan rewards for me too :(. I ended up giving up since i couldnt get any of my friends to dl the game or find a good clan that wasnt doing only Forsaken activities 24/7. I think im still between 280 and 290 since i cant look up on Bungie.net my stats.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Is that an alt?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, on Xbox. I may get a PC to play after cross save, but I can't stand using m+kb so I'm not sure yet.
Unless you're playing higher end pvp it won't matter, the increased FoV, visuals, and FPS make the game feel so incredible.

It already feels good to play at 30fps on consoles at the ridiculous FoV there, I'm sure you can imagine how good it feels on PC. No hyperbole, it's like a different game at times.

Nov 14, 2017
I want find whoever started this "dad build" thing and stick my leg out while they cross the stairs.
Daddies are hot tho.
In all honesty, there are zero lies in that tweet. Crucible is way harder than PvE. Look no further than the gnashing rage that happened when a single step of the Last Word quest just asked people to come sort of close to a positive k/d in Crucible for a little while. Tons of PvE-only players were losing their minds.
The Thorn PVP step should have been the same as it was in D1Y1.
For PvP/Comp... Here are some of the posts in the D2 app right now:
"Need 2 for Comp; Be Good"
"Comp 1.3+"
"Comp 1.7+ 2,100+"
"2 Comp 1.5+"
"Quickplay streak 1.4+"
"Comp 1.5kd, 2.0 k/d overall 2,800+"
"Legend Grind 1.7+ 2,100 +"
If you want to get into PVP groups, you need to find other people in a similar place to you; stack up; and farm quickplay. The majority of players with high k/d get it from quickplay farming stacks. I'm friends with a guy who has a straight 2.0k/d and he won't even load into QP without a stack. He admits he just got lucky by playing with a stack near D2 launch and snowballed from there. If you've already played a lot of PVP and have like a 10k deficit then you're kinda screwed.
Looks like it, you were arguing with yourself like you forgot to sign in to the correct account. Just asking, lol, what happened there?

EDIT: Holy shit, lol, the usernames xD
If you see a poster with a worse username (it doesn't scan), a worse avatar (there's not even a cat), and the wrong takes on Destiny, you know it's not me.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
The Thorn PVP step should have been the same as it was in D1Y1.

If you want to get into PVP groups, you need to find other people in a similar place to you; stack up; and farm quickplay. The majority of players with high k/d get it from quickplay farming stacks. I'm friends with a guy who has a straight 2.0k/d and he won't even load into QP without a stack. He admits he just got lucky by playing with a stack near D2 launch and snowballed from there. If you've already played a lot of PVP and have like a 10k deficit then you're kinda screwed.

If you see a poster with a worse username (it doesn't scan), a worse avatar (there's not even a cat), and the wrong takes on Destiny, you know it's not me.
I feel for you, sorry to add to something that is probably frustrating to deal with.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
I would like to run through these. I got back in with Forsaken and dropped off and now I've been going pretty hard at the game again.

Are you in the DEra discord at all? Let's try to lock up and date and time to start with Levi.

Yes but i was 280 or something back then, i didnt knew very much how to grind properly to 300 and when i searched for how most guides said i should do Nightfalls and thse required friends if i remember well. No clan rewards for me too :(. I ended up giving up since i couldnt get any of my friends to dl the game or find a good clan that wasnt doing only Forsaken activities 24/7. I think im still between 280 and 290 since i cant look up on Bungie.net my stats.

For now, just focus on playing through your weekly milestones and you should level up pretty quickly. Are you in the DEra discord? There is a clan channel in there you can check with to see if there are openings.

Also, if you happen to buy the forsaken bundle, there are boosts available to really bump your level up. The whole "Up to now purchase (Forsaken plus pass ) should still be on sale for $29.99, which is a steal for a ll the content you will instantly have access to.

Holy $hit, lol. Those usernames.

BTW, I've never seen a single connection/lag issue in any of the bazillion SBMM matches of IB I've played.

Nov 14, 2017
BTW, I've never seen a single connection/lag issue in any of the bazillion SBMM matches of IB I've played.
IB is a lot less SBMM than it used to be I think. They are still prioritising connection quality more than they used to under the old heavy SBMM IB. I think Bungie may also have been detecting and banning people with 'unstable' connections (i.e. lag switchers), which was always the main problem with PVP.

Oct 28, 2017
Played some Quickplay today and instantly wished Iron Banner was back. Too many stacks of TTV nerds maining shotguns and Jotunn, turning it into a no-fun-allowed horror show. Top it off with roaming supers and I just don't want to bother.

I'm almost at top rank as well. Maybe maintenance will help wipe the memory of todays PVP from my mind.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I see it every now and then, I wouldn't say it's common, no where near as common as it was in D1 or Trials (either game), where some people would Lag Switch themselves so they skip everywhere and are pretty much unkillable. I once had the lag powers in a game and it's really dumb how much BS pushes you get away with, it's super hard to get killed and if they do kill ya, you probably traded the kill.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I'm 750 Light Levl on my Titan and haven't done a Nightfall since like Curse of Osiris, there's so many options to level up now, that Nightfall are completely optional.

Maple-Rebel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 15, 2018
First reaction after shooting Austringer, "Holy fuck this is what hand cannons should feel like." I'm on console, but I've never liked 180s. I enjoyed Kindled Orchid, but it was just not quite right. Austringer nails the HC feel. Now to look for a good roll with demolitionist.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
What's some good Hunter Exotics? Only really played my Titan since Forsaken and they have like 3 and out of them you really only need 1 (One Eyed Mask), so I'm completely out the loop with Hunters, are the legs that refills Shadowshot still good?

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
What's some good Hunter Exotics? Only really played my Titan since Forsaken and they have like 3 and out of them you really only need 1 (One Eyed Mask), so I'm completely out the loop with Hunters, are the legs that refills Shadowshot still good?
Orpheus rigs for shafowshot, shards of galanor for blade barrage, raiden flux for arcstrider and nighthawk for goldy. After that knucklehead radar and gwisim vest are good for pvp.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How difficult is that Pyramidion mission that you have to do for the Izanami sniper? Can you solo it?

Nov 14, 2017
The super regents exotics are kinda meh now. You still need orpheus rigs if you're running tether in a group.

• Orpheus Rigs - Still kinda needed
  • Celestial Nighthawk - run with bottom tree golden gun. 1 million damage to anything when you're in a well. This is mostly what you'll use in raids if you're not tether.
  • Shards of Galanor - nerfed, but OK if you want to run blade barrage
  • Gwisin Vest - same, but still kinda OK in PVP
  • Raiden Flux - This is what you want if you're on arc strider. Each hit makes your super last longer.
  • Dragon's Shadow - this is a super good PVP exotic. Your dodge reloads your guns plus gives you quickdraw / snapshot. Have paragon mods so you can dodge constantly, and you'll always be proccing this.
Can't really recall others right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.