Status
Not open for further replies.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Just play 3 games of comp a week. You get bonus points on reset. It starts out at 160, but when you reach Heroic I believe it drops to 120. So you only need to reach 1980 before reset to hit 2100

If you can win at least 1 out of 3 you should come out positive every time.
Probably what I'll do, at least until I find people to play with. I enjoy the gamemodes, but fuck me does it get annoying when you make no progress or lose progress, despite playing well.

I mean we don't know how it works work.

Will each transmog require 10 masterwork cores, 20 legendary shards and 5 gunsmith mod parts?

I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop on that one.
My bet is Brightdust, they'll wanna drain those sitting on mountains of it.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Apparently thanks to the terrible loading on consoles, you can get around the "Jerky" glitch

9SFydCA.gifv
Anyone been able to get this to work on base PS4? I can fill the bar halfway before it goes. The one time I want the load times to be shit they are slightly just good enough.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
When the new update comes out will shaders still be one-time use? I've never applied any shader I've had to anything because it's only one-time use. It's ridiculous and not fun. I understand that they did it this way because they wanted to pump the Activision economy but in terms of playing the game having fun, it was terrible.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
When the new update comes out will shaders still be one-time use? I've never applied any shader I've had to anything because it's only one-time use. It's ridiculous and not fun. I understand that they did it this way because they wanted to pump the Activision economy but in terms of playing the game having fun, it was terrible.
U can just get ur shaders from ur collections once u have unlocked a shader. It only cost like a small amount of glimmer and 40 bright dust or a small amount of glimmer and 2 legendary shards to do so.

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Same haha

Oct 28, 2017
Redrix Broadsword question. I've reset my Valor 2x this season so far but I'm two steps away from the "Reset 5x" quest/bounty. Will I be at 2/5 by the time I get there as long as I arrive at that step in the current season?

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Aight, farmer for an Under Pressure/Backup Plan Epicurean and tried it out in the crucible. It was meh at best. It could out range a shotgun user, but it was pretty inconsistent. The low charge time was nice though.

Tried to use an Erentil right after, which I also got from farming and it was a world of difference. This thing has so much range that it's disgusting... and pretty fun to use! It was a lot more consistent than the Epicurean, probably because it needed less shots to hit for a kill and it was a beast in stopping supers if u got enough distance between u and the target.

Still not sure what are considered the best rolls on this weapon though. Anyone who can chime in?

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
Aight, farmer for an Under Pressure/Backup Plan Epicurean and tried it out in the crucible. It was meh at best. It could out range a shotgun user, but it was pretty inconsistent. The low charge time was nice though.

Tried to use an Erentil right after, which I also got from farming and it was a world of difference. This thing has so much range that it's disgusting... and pretty fun to use! It was a lot more consistent than the Epicurean, probably because it needed less shots to hit for a kill and it was a beast in stopping supers if u got enough distance between u and the target.

Still not sure what are considered the best rolls on this weapon though. Anyone who can chime in?
Backup plan, Under Pressure, Tap the Trigger, Rangefinder, Particle Repeater, Projection Fuse, Firmly Planted, and long zoom scopes are perks should be looking for. Any combination of these perks should work well but most importamt is to get your accuracy and range high. Counterbalance mod should be use to help stability.

Deleted member 54292

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 27, 2019
Anyone else had weird frame rate issues in the menus on PC? I regularly have drops down to 30 whereas gameplay is 110+FPS. Also, the cursor is bugged and can't go to the edge of the screen in the menus sometimes and I'll need to switch to my controller. Really weird.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I admittedly haven't played this game very much and its kind of a hot and cold thing with me. I mean I've not even done a single raid activity yet but I'm going to say I have one big gripe with the game that I hope gets fixed and its not something that ruins the game, it just makes it very annoying.

If I highlight something in the pursuits menu and it has multiple steps...why in gods name does the game decides to stop tracking it after completing only one step?? I have to go to the menu and figure out where the hell the thing I highlighted to keep track of went to since its no longer even the same name it was previously. Also, why only 3 activities, i'd like to ideally track 5-6 things at once since you can work on several things at once. Also when you complete a bounty or quest step, id like them to be moved to like a side bar so you can quickly access all the things youve finished as they'll all be together instead of all over the menu.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Got the flawless boss fight, sword and ship. Gonna try to do the "no time run out" and hopefully three man this weekend

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Sorry to just jump in here with all this, but I gotta share this with somebody. So I caved in and bought the complete Forsaken collection while it was on sale after dropping the game shortly after launch. (I just wasn't having fun and I didn't like alot of the design decisions Bungie made.) I finished Osiris, Warmind, and the main story of Forsaken. And I have to say that I am not disappointed. In fact I am surprised. Bungie has TRULY stepped up it's game. The new collection system is perfect. I love it. And the new triumph system makes me feel like I am actually moving forward rather than just checking boxes. You can feel the difference in quality as you go forward throught the content as well. Osiris was solid. Warmind was awesome. (Ana Bray is amazing) But then when you hit Forsaken it's like an avalanche. Everything looks and feels just so damn good. The guns are unique and feel great. The armors are some of my favorites. The Baron hunts felt unique and challenging without feeling like they were dragged out or milked for content. Each fight was unique and challenged me in ways that I wasn't expecting. And then that final mission? Fighting the tentacled butthole? That was one of the more challenging things I have had to do Solo in Destiny. Forsaken was great. It was epic. It felt big. It felt like everything I did mattered. That I wasn't just a cog on the wheel of the game anymore or that I wasn't just the footsoldier of the vanguard. My character matters or at least that's the way the game made me feel.

And oh my GOD the new Supers? They are the BEST shit. The Well of Radiance on my Warlock might be my absolute favorite thing about the game now. I really like playing as a healer and support in games so when I saw thats what it was I jumped on it. But they do an AMAZING job of making you not FEEL like the support of the group even though you are. You feel like a fucking badass. You pull out your flaming sword and shove it into the ground in the midst of a fiery explosion and then for the next 30s you and your group are now essentially immortal killing machines. And that right there would have been enough. That right there would have made me happy. But then you add the 4th perk in the tree? The one that gives me my abilities back faster while buffing teammates when thats literally all I ever do??? Then you add the Sunbracers onto it???? I feel like a freaking fire god. Hell I even got my hands on an amazing Handcannon (my favorite weapon type) called the Ten Paces and got an amazing roll on it. My Warlock feels unstoppable right now and I love it.

And then once I was done I was kind of afraid that was it aside from the raid. Because up until now that's kind of how Destiny worked. You finish the story and then it's raid time. Maybe a few missions, but nothing major. But not this time. I have to figure out what the black armory is. I have to repair my trinket so I can go to "The Dreaming City" of the Awoken. I have so much left to do. And for the first time in a LONG time I am excited to get on and grind out some Destiny and get my hands on gear.

Bungie has knocked it out of the park. Easily the best $40 I have spent on DLC in years. And now that they are free from Activision I can't wait to see what they are gonna do next with Shadowkeep. They definitely earned my attention and my money with Forsaken.

(Sorry for the short story. I am just honestly excited to be enjoying Destiny again)

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
WhAts the dad build? Asking as a dad!

The idea is things for people with slow reaction times. Instead of the typical 17 year old pimple faced shotgun/hand cannon twitch reflexes ape. So mostly, in the current meta, pulse rifles...not sure about Jotunn or Hammerhead. I'd say Coil is more in line for the heavy.

That said a couple things so I can get my shots in at the hand cannon hegemony, first, the meta is really about whats balanced to be GOOD more than anything. In the pulse meta (all three months of it three years ago) good players were rocking Nerwins or Hopscotch Pilgrim. Not because they had slow reaction times, but because those were the best guns! Similar to how Luna's/NF is simply balanced to be the best guns right now, not really anything else. Although, I get the point about slower reaction times and rifles. Even I, who am pretty slow, can tell I'd be at my best with my Luna if I dedicated some time to it, because it's really strong.

Second if Pulses are Dad, that makes Hand Cannons SON. That's right they're SON cannons, lesser status cannons, so to speak. Pass it on. You got sonned.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry to just jump in here with all this, but I gotta share this with somebody. So I caved in and bought the complete Forsaken collection while it was on sale after dropping the game shortly after launch. (I just wasn't having fun and I didn't like alot of the design decisions Bungie made.) I finished Osiris, Warmind, and the main story of Forsaken. And I have to say that I am not disappointed. In fact I am surprised. Bungie has TRULY stepped up it's game. The new collection system is perfect. I love it. And the new triumph system makes me feel like I am actually moving forward rather than just checking boxes. You can feel the difference in quality as you go forward throught the content as well. Osiris was solid. Warmind was awesome. (Ana Bray is amazing) But then when you hit Forsaken it's like an avalanche. Everything looks and feels just so damn good. The guns are unique and feel great. The armors are some of my favorites. The Baron hunts felt unique and challenging without feeling like they were dragged out or milked for content. Each fight was unique and challenged me in ways that I wasn't expecting. And then that final mission? Fighting the tentacled butthole? That was one of the more challenging things I have had to do Solo in Destiny. Forsaken was great. It was epic. It felt big. It felt like everything I did mattered. That I wasn't just a cog on the wheel of the game anymore or that I wasn't just the footsoldier of the vanguard. My character matters or at least that's the way the game made me feel.

And oh my GOD the new Supers? They are the BEST shit. The Well of Radiance on my Warlock might be my absolute favorite thing about the game now. I really like playing as a healer and support in games so when I saw thats what it was I jumped on it. But they do an AMAZING job of making you not FEEL like the support of the group even though you are. You feel like a fucking badass. You pull out your flaming sword and shove it into the ground in the midst of a fiery explosion and then for the next 30s you and your group are now essentially immortal killing machines. And that right there would have been enough. That right there would have made me happy. But then you add the 4th perk in the tree? The one that gives me my abilities back faster while buffing teammates when thats literally all I ever do??? Then you add the Sunbracers onto it???? I feel like a freaking fire god. Hell I even got my hands on an amazing Handcannon (my favorite weapon type) called the Ten Paces and got an amazing roll on it. My Warlock feels unstoppable right now and I love it.

And then once I was done I was kind of afraid that was it aside from the raid. Because up until now that's kind of how Destiny worked. You finish the story and then it's raid time. Maybe a few missions, but nothing major. But not this time. I have to figure out what the black armory is. I have to repair my trinket so I can go to "The Dreaming City" of the Awoken. I have so much left to do. And for the first time in a LONG time I am excited to get on and grind out some Destiny and get my hands on gear.

Bungie has knocked it out of the park. Easily the best $40 I have spent on DLC in years. And now that they are free from Activision I can't wait to see what they are gonna do next with Shadowkeep. They definitely earned my attention and my money with Forsaken.

(Sorry for the short story. I am just honestly excited to be enjoying Destiny again)

Have fun. It's only going to get better with Shadowkeep

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Have fun. It's only going to get better with Shadowkeep
I think so too. After seeing the Vidoc about Shadowkeep and Bungies philosophy going forward now that they are free of Activision I am more confident that Destiny can grow into the game that everyone wanted it to be originally. They seem to be dead set on ridding themselves of alot of the baggage that Activision made them add to the game in order to monetize the game to the fullest extent. And after seeing what they did with Forsaken I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt again.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Is the only way to get the 3rd Seed thingy still The Last Wish? I've been on 2/3 Supers, since like week 2 of Forsaken.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Can baron armor pieces drop from anything but barons while flashpoint is on tangled shore or only from stortly missions and adventures?

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Finally unlocked The Last Word.

Feels useless in Gambit but I spent hours on this bullshit.

Also, how long is The Corrupted mission? I'm almost 700 and get Instanuked by all those shielded enemies, thought I could get some people to play it but eh, if it's too much of a hassle I'll ignore it.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
The Drifter or Vanguard loyalty mission, you have to pay Spider 50K, but the option doesn't show up. It apparently will have consequences later, so I want it finished, I don't think there's any reward for it anymore though.
That's what I'm stuck on too, tbh I'm hoping there's a bigger pay off to this quest down the line than the Drifter just calling me a snitch constantly.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
That's what I'm stuck on too, tbh I'm hoping there's a bigger pay off to this quest down the line than the Drifter just calling me a snitch constantly.
Same, I'm hoping it leads to a big Guardian vs Guardian split, but my baseless guess is it'll lead to a new Faction Rally type event between the Vanguard, Drifter and maybe Calus, which could be pretty cool, but also a little underwhelming if Calus gets sucked into something like that.

Carbonox

Dec 13, 2017
What am I looking for with a PVP Militia's Birthright? I got these two last night:

1. Countermass/Volatile/Confined - Blind/Spike - Quickdraw - Autoloading
2. Countermass/Hard Launch/Linear - Proximity/Concussion - Graverobber - Rangefinder

Tested both out and was just not feeling them at all.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Finally unlocked The Last Word.

Feels useless in Gambit but I spent hours on this bullshit.

Also, how long is The Corrupted mission? I'm almost 700 and get Instanuked by all those shielded enemies, thought I could get some people to play it but eh, if it's too much of a hassle I'll ignore it.
TLW is for pvp m8.

I mean you can patrol with it against trash ads that's kinda fun, but yeah.

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

Yes, Destiny is in a good place right now if you start from Forsaken. You haven't even unlocked the Dreaming City yet, prepare to be wowed. Still have so much to do!

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC
Thanks to a friend who is addicted to the game I was able to get Outbreak Corrupted, the Whisper and almost done with Thorn.

Really loving this game again. Can't wait to speed through with my alt classes since I'm finishing up all the exotic quests.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Yes, Destiny is in a good place right now if you start from Forsaken. You haven't even unlocked the Dreaming City yet, prepare to be wowed. Still have so much to do!
I know! I keep hearing the Dreaming City is awesome, but I am doing the best I can to go in blind. So I am avoiding streams and tutorials if I can help it. Right now my main focus is grinding as much as possible along to way so I can get all the materials and components I will need to upgrade all of my favorite gear once I start getting towards the higher end of light level.

Plus there are alot of weapons I wanna try and get my hands on too. I got the Ten Paces which is AMAZING, but I keep seeing people mention an auto rifle called The Misfit(?) And I hear that it's an amazing weapon as well if you get the right roll on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.