Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
But how it looks? Looks low ress or blurry or what? Im really curious. Also report back if the patch helped :D
Yeah it's a bit blurry and it has shimmering textures, jaggies, stuff like that. It just doesn't look clean. The game itself looks great so it's annoying that VRS seems to have messed it up a bit on consoles.

Edit: just updated. Seems they fixed the quality mode it is now capped at 30fps. Will have to play a bit more to see if it looks better to me.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Not releasing at midnight for a horror game is incredibly annoying. So dumb

Yup. I can't remember the last AAA game to not have a midnight release. Not playing this during the day, so having to wait for tomorrow night sucks.

Watching The Thing tonight to get hyped. Would have been great to get right into Dead Space after.

JDHarbs

Oct 28, 2017
I once did an entire run of the OG game with the Twinkle Twinkle Little Star track looping in the background. God, I love this series. I can't believe it's back.

I stopped buying games at launch a long time ago after being burned too many times this past gen, but I just really want to support this game so I caved. I really hope the PC version is solid at launch. 🤞

Jun 10, 2018
Does anyone know what form of Ray Tracing this game has? Debating whether to play it in Quality or Performance on Series X. If it's only something like shadows then I'll definitely prefer to play at 60fps.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
I thought you needed to sign up for the higher-paid tier to play this?

I feel there has to be a catch; $15 for a month to play this game sounds too good a deal, like I"m expecting intrusive ads during gameplay or some other EA bullshit.

On the subject, if you buy the game from Steam do you still need to launch the EA app to play it? CD Keys has the lowest offer at $44 but it mentions "EA" as the DRM.

Yeah, I"m debating what to do here. The more proactive solution would be to just sign up for a month of the EA Play to go through it, then buy it again in the eventual Steam Sale.

That is the higher tier (the standard one is $5/m). And there's no catch. It just plainly comes with the subscription the day of release, much like many games do with subs like Microsoft's Game Pass (this isn't part of that):

EA Play Pro members get access to the Dead Space EA Play Pro Edition that includes all of the benefits of the Deluxe Edition plus the Anodized Suit. Start playing January 27 for just $14.99 per month. Cancel anytime. Available on the EA app.

It isn't Steam, though, which might be enough to put some people off.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Steam version doesn't require ea play right ?
EA Play? Their subscription service? No I don't think so.

I can't see any mention of it requiring a log-into an EA account either (I HATE having to log into another service after lgging into steam), just that you have to accept their EULA. I don't see anything on PCGamingWiki about it either.
I guess I don't know, lol. Doesn't seem like it, but worst case I guess you could refund it, lol.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Hearing that the game is far easier than the original, even when played on the hard mode, is sorta devastating. I wonder if they will consider adding an additional difficulty mode?

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
Too bad there was no collector's edition with a statue of Isaac. I would have been all over that.

Is there a statue of Isaac for sale anywhere?

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Too bad there was no collector's edition with a statue of Isaac. I would have been all over that.

No statue of Issac, but you saw this thing, right?

hEtpRuP.jpg

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018

I have looked and can't find one. They would have gotten collectors edition money from me if they had gone that route. Worked for Space Marine 2.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Hearing that the game is far easier than the original, even when played on the hard mode, is sorta devastating. I wonder if they will consider adding an additional difficulty mode?
do you know if this is coming from people that have played the original recently? just curious, because I definitely REMEMBER dead space being pretty challenging, but then I replayed it last year and cruised through it on Hard mode.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017

There was a Dead Space 3 Isaac statue by Kotobukiya, and a Sideshow statue of Isaac that was limited to 500 pieces. The aftermarket is your only option for either at this point and you'd be paying out the ass.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna be playing this on hard. I think I only ever played the games on normal. First time hearing about that Impossible mode too. It sounds freaking brutal.

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
No statue of Issac, but you saw this thing, right?

hEtpRuP.jpg
Yeah, thanks! Not a fan of helmets, would have liked a small statue like the one for Malenia from Elden Ring.

There was a Dead Space 3 Isaac statue by Kotobukiya, and a Sideshow statue of Isaac that was limited to 500 pieces. The aftermarket is your only option for either at this point and you'd be paying out the ass.

Thanks. Too bad, that suit design is awesome.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Difficulty seems about the same to me. I've found myself in some hairy situations. Although, I haven't died yet so far at chapter 4, but wouldn't say it's super easy now (playing on normal at the moment).

erikNORML

Oct 30, 2017
Apologies if this was already addressed, but is this going to be on standard EA Play or only EA Play Pro?

Scarecrow

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
For those playing it who have played it back in the day:

Do the chapter names end up spelling the same secret message?

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Was literally about to buy it on Xbox when I remembered I'm paying for that EA Access higher-tier-thing on PC, so I'm puzzled if I should buy it anyway on Xbox to enjoy it on my couch, or just jump in on PC. Do we have any impressions of the PC version?

Tamaa

May 16, 2021
Steam version is "native" right (no need to use the horrible EA launcher ?). It's more expensive than Origin version, but kinda tempting...

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
do you know if this is coming from people that have played the original recently? just curious, because I definitely REMEMBER dead space being pretty challenging, but then I replayed it last year and cruised through it on Hard mode.
Oh where are you hearing this from? Very curious and that would suck. On that note do we know if impossible is unlocked from the start?
So, it was in an off the cuff style video review I watched. The reviewer said that she had played the original game at the beginning of the pandemic, so it hadn't been that long since she had played it last. There was also hard-mode footage being shown throughout, and it certainly didn't look particularly challenging.

That being said, she sung the game's praises! So, even it was clearly not that big of an issue in her mind. I still find it really sad. The Resident Evil 2 Remake was harder than the original if played on the more challenging difficulty setting and I was hoping for something more along those lines. You can watch the review here.

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
Wondering if anyone has details on performance mode on PS5 - Specifically how well does it run, like any stuttering and so forth.