• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Different helmet than the final one. I like the one in the movie better anyway.

on3pk3dpqrn11.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
A Joker standalone movie is the last thing I personally needed to see out of the vast character roster Dc has...specially in a post TDK world.

But if this movie is a gateway for some future adaptations of some well known Elseworld stories, so be it...

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Joker film and Reeves' Batman are more or less the only two things I'm excited about anymore. Shazam looks like it could be cool though.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I also really enjoyed Bright, so I am pretty much on board with whatever Ayer does at this point.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Same. I like what I see so far, but like with Captain Marvel, there's little that'll get me interested in seeing a character I don't like.

Both of those were a hard sell for me. Joker, I still have skepticism, but the set pictures have been great. And I'm sort of forcing myself to be excited about Captain Marvel right now, because the trailer didn't do anything for me, but I like Brie and the cast.

This Joker and Harley movie, I mean, I'll never write something off and generally try to stay optimistic about projects. Any idea can work given the right execution. But from what they're saying, it sounds... what's the right word, uh, Monkeybone-esque?

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
Both of those were a hard sell for me. Joker, I still have skepticism, but the set pictures have been great. And I'm sort of forcing myself to be excited about Captain Marvel right now, because the trailer didn't do anything for me, but I like Brie and the cast.

This Joker and Harley movie, I mean, I'll never write something off and generally try to stay optimistic about projects. Any idea can work given the right execution. But from what they're saying, it sounds... what's the right word, uh, Monkeybone-esque?
It's just....everything about that particular one feels too "corporate" for want of a better term. Like rather than someone genuinely wanting to make a story about those two characters, or a push to try something new with a DC property, some execs were just like "Hey. The kids like Harley and The Joker? Let's do a movie about them together while we still got Margot Robbie!"

It's like when some franchise blows up and suddenly 50 spinoffs about every side character imaginable goes into development. It's hard to really gain any interest in something that reeks of hollow cash grab.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Ex-DC Entertainment President Diane Nelson chased off Social Media. She made a comment about liking the Joker movie. That's what did it.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Ex-DC Entertainment President Diane Nelson chased off Social Media. She made a comment about liking the Joker movie. That's what did it.

I saw that Tweet yesterday as it was linked in the Joker thread, checked out her Twitter and saw that she barely posts anything and had like 300 followers. Was just thinking how savage that Tweet looked and was wondering if she was gonna face any backlash. Looks like I was right. Why are people so shitty to people they don't even know about shit that doesn't even affect them?

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Why?

Snyder Cult harassed Diane Nelson off twitter

That's why y'all need to stop siding with the Snyder Cult. Just cut 'em off. They're a blight.

It's funny how fast the opinion on a Joker origin movie has changed here.

I've been null to positive! Even before the images appeared!

Could be good.

Phoenix can act.

*shrug*

At $55 million, it doesn't have to do amazing to be profitable.
But it's Joaquin Phoenix. He'll kill it.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/dceu-era-ot2-rebirth-not-reboot.52695/page-109#post-12725632
Joaquin is going to kill it.

Shame he'll not be continuing. That's not the dude you how hire for multiple films. Certainly not a universe.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
The worst thing is Diane followed up that tweet saying she thinks of Snyder as highly as she does Nolan.

Edit - I love how Gotham looks in Batman Damned. I really hope Reeves captures the gothic look.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
This DC and Marvel movie shit is real to these cats. They will die for this shit.

Superheroes used to be fun...

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I saw that Tweet yesterday as it was linked in the Joker thread, checked out her Twitter and saw that she barely posts anything and had like 300 followers. Was just thinking how savage that Tweet looked and was wondering if she was gonna face any backlash. Looks like I was right. Why are people so shitty to people they don't even know about shit that doesn't even affect them?
What did she say

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Nothing that bad, but even when I saw it, I was kinda like, "Man, that's gonna be taken the wrong way"

https://heroichollywood.com/joker-former-dc-president-zack-snyder/

LOVE IT! Great story, great actor, specific and string vision from talented director. What DC should have been doing since Nolan. Even if die hard fans struggle with his vision. #goodmoviesaregoodmovies

— Diane Nelson (@dewnelson1) September 21, 2018

One fan took Nelson's comment as speaking against Batman v Superman director Zack Snyder. The user shared the post with the caption "Snakes on the grass". Nelson wasn't a fan of the comment and delivered a very fitting response for those looking to deep into her comment.

I happen to count Zack Snyder among those things, if you are insinuating otherwise. No snake here….

— Diane Nelson (@dewnelson1) September 22, 2018

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
It's just....everything about that particular one feels too "corporate" for want of a better term. Like rather than someone genuinely wanting to make a story about those two characters, or a push to try something new with a DC property, some execs were just like "Hey. The kids like Harley and The Joker? Let's do a movie about them together while we still got Margot Robbie!"

It's like when some franchise blows up and suddenly 50 spinoffs about every side character imaginable goes into development. It's hard to really gain any interest in something that reeks of hollow cash grab.

Yeah. It's not that I don't think it could turn out well, but it's the type of project that's kinda cynical on the conceptual level. The type of movie Teen Titans Go made a joke about with an Alfred movie. Only thing about the Joker and Harley stuff that gives me optimism is Margot Robbie talking about how their relationship is a mess and needs to end in flames. I could see a Sid and Nancy kind of movie. But unlike Birds of Prey, I don't think she's involved on the creative end, and the recent quotes from the writers aren't very reassuring.

Sort of related, I would be interested in a ground up romantic comedy type of movie under the comic book movie umbrella. Seeing the Black Canary casting rumors and the potential of Green Arrow showing up, I'd be down for something like that with those two. Aquaman seems like a big push is having Arthur and Mera, as two very different personalities, grow fond of one another on their adventure. Haven't seen Ant-Man 2 yet to see if that did something similar with Wasp.

Neophant

Oct 25, 2017
It's a completely overblown thing. I have it on good authority that the fan who posted that snakes comment meant it as a joke that he was dared to post. Then the whole thing got way overblown and he had no idea that Diane was even gonna respond to him. I didn't see what happened afterwards but he feels really bad for having been part of what drove Diane off Twitter.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Also, the people harassing Diane Nelson and David Ayer as jackasses. Partly why Snyder left Twitter, and for a time, Ray Fisher left, was because people would harass them. Have some decency. Nowadays once actors get big enough, they just have PR folk running their accounts. But the people behind the camera with a modest amount of fame don't have the same luxury and have to deal with the sewage people and their unfiltered opinions.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
I'm hoping the Snyder Cult will follow Zaddy to his next "kino" and leave DC alone but I bet they're going to be screaming their heads off for every movie. What a cancerous lot.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
I'm hoping the Snyder Cult will follow Zaddy to his next "kino" and leave DC alone but I bet they're going to be screaming their heads off for every movie. What a cancerous lot.

If the internet taught me anything, it's that years down the road you're still have gonna have people spamming #releasethesnydercut #rehiregunn at the person who runs the craft services on the set of Detective Chimp.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
There's a bit of a disconnect there since Ayer mentions Joker killing Jason whereas Snyder said Dick.
Nothing makes sense in this universe anymore. Harley's title card in SS said she was an accomplice in the death of Robin, but we saw that Joker already had the grill and "Damaged" tattoo when he threw her into the vat. If both of those things were a result of killing Robin after Batman beat the shit out of him, Harley couldn't have been apart of his murder.

Of course, that one quick title card (probably added by the trailer company editors and not Ayer), which flashes by in a second can easily be forgotten and ignored in the grand scheme of things.

IconGrist

Oct 26, 2017
I guess it's possible Joker killed one Robin and Harley killed another. Joker's responsible for so much of Batman's anguish Harley would only be an extension of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.