• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Who all here signed up for DC Universe?

See if we can get back into of the week stuff

Unfortunately I just can't justify spending the cash for another monthly service right now. Once DCU gets packed with more original content I'll probably give it a go. The only way I could see myself signing up for it before next year is if Titans comes out, is fucking amazing, and everyone says it's worth subbing to the service just for that.

At the moment...I'm not counting on that happening :/

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
BvS costume test. Suit looks slimmer than in the final movie.

MudsJnU.jpg

ukiL3VI.jpg

QwQGHUT.gif

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
That gif of Phoenix at the subway in makeup looks so dope. Da gawd is gonna kill it

Man I really hope Phillips doesnt fuck it up. He has such a dope cast to work with too

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, Joaquin looks fabulous in the role. Costume and makeup are A+.

If you pay attention to the signs they're holding in the set pics, it hints at the direction the story will be going.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
All I remember from SS was that they introduced the characters twice. Like, we had to sit through conversations about them, twice. Movie sucked

And it's nice to feel excitement for DC related in the OT. Like 99% love what they're seeing.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Folding Ideas' video on Suicide Squad's editing is great for those who haven't seen it.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I LOVED how Suicide Squad turned out so whatever shenanigans happened behind the scenes turned out for the best for me :)

Ninjimbo

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Joaquin's Joker looks good. Too bad there isn't a Batman for him to go up against.

I hope this project goes well.

IconGrist

Oct 26, 2017
Wasn't Ayer saying originally that SS had no different version? Despite all the evidence proving otherwise? And now he's like "Well, I'm out so yea, I made a different movie." Kinda funny how WB's reaction to BvS' reception just mangled everything. Say what you will about the early going of the DCEU but it was never painted as a copy of the MCU. Now just feels like a cheap imitation.

Anyway, minor gripe of mine I just noticed. The set for the Daily Planet In JL is different than the one in MoS/BvS. Pointless detail but irks me for some reason.

Also, Steppenwolf's design in the JL pre-vis work is objectively better than the boring design we ultimately got.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
I'm mixed on the pre-viz/BvS Steppenwolf. I think he's got that menacing cyberdemon look, but as a jumping off point for how the New Gods are supposed to look, I dunno. Then again, the Steppenwolf we got isn't a great jumping off point either. Seeing some of the latest leaked pre-viz, the bit with Mera taking the moisture out of Steppenwolf's body would've been neat to see. But it's not much use talking about what could've been at this point.

Unless Aquaman flops at the box office, which I don't think it will, it wouldn't surprise me if we don't see another Justice League or big team up until years down the line. Talking after a Wonder Woman trilogy, potentially Aquaman trilogy, Batman, Flash, etc. And I'm cool with all that. On that track, it'll be interesting to see how New Gods is developed into its own franchise, where Darkseid and those lot are kept there.

Ninjimbo

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Wasn't Ayer saying originally that SS had no different version? Despite all the evidence proving otherwise? And now he's like "Well, I'm out so yea, I made a different movie." Kinda funny how WB's reaction to BvS' reception just mangled everything. Say what you will about the early going of the DCEU but it was never painted as a copy of the MCU. Now just feels like a cheap imitation.

Anyway, minor gripe of mine I just noticed. The set for the Daily Planet In JL is different than the one in MoS/BvS. Pointless detail but irks me for some reason.

Also, Steppenwolf's design in the JL pre-vis work is objectively better than the boring design we ultimately got.
Wasn't Steppenwolf supposed to be more demonic looking? He certainly appears that way in that brief glimpse we get in BvS.

Moving on, anyone familiar with Ayer's style can tell SS isn't his movie. Like, there's mistakes in that movie that someone with Ayer's pedigree shouldn't be making. I kinda feel bad for the guy because he gets all the blame for SS even tho it's obvious that's what's out there is something he didn't make.

You hit the nail on the head with DC now kinda feeling like a cheap imitation of Marvel.

Deleted member 2109

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who all here signed up for DC Universe?

See if we can get back into of the week stuff

I signed up for a year. Comics and movies/show selection needs serious work but it's cool having the DCAU shows I grew up watching on there. Me and my kid are going through BTAS right now and he's loving it. Very excited for Doom Patrol just for the cast alone and I love Swamp Thing so can't wait for that. Everything about Titans looks bad except the Robin suits but i'll give it a shot.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Wasn't Steppenwolf supposed to be more demonic looking? He certainly appears that way in that brief glimpse we get in BvS.

Moving on, anyone familiar with Ayer's style can tell SS isn't his movie. Like, there's mistakes in that movie that someone with Ayer's pedigree shouldn't be making. I kinda feel bad for the guy because he gets all the blame for SS even tho it's obvious that's what's out there is something he didn't make.

You hit the nail on the head with DC now kinda feeling like a cheap imitation of Marvel.

Steppenwolf in pre-viz is along these lines

ZrrRy2F.jpg

fLO70B0.jpg

IconGrist

Oct 26, 2017
The idea, from what I understand, was he was supposed to be designed in similar fashion to Cyborg. They were to have a connection. Gives a bit more context to Arthur's line about Victor possibly working for the enemy.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Ayer also made Bright which had similar pitfalls of SS on top of being racially idiotic so.....
Yeah but it was fun and a bit more coherent than Squad. The visuals were cool too.

I hate the monster version of steppenwolf, more humanoid version we got was aight but needed to feel more villainous, dude felt like a light weight from the jump.

Ninjimbo

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Ayer also made Bright which had similar pitfalls of SS on top of being racially idiotic so.....
Bright was much more coherent and better paced, had cleaner shot action and told a complete story. Those characters have full arcs. SS feels like a half a movie.

Idc for the race baiting stuff. I never felt the movie peddled an agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.