Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
ody

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's a disconnect I have with this and "Joker"
Like, if you told me this was based on a real serial killer I'd buy it. It looks creepy, but not traditional "Joker". I don't know how to articulate it lol If this didn't have the name attached I'd be more interested in it.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Also, I know everyone just says "Joaquin Phoenix! End of story!" when it comes to people being unsure about the upcoming Joker movie but the only movie I've seen with Phoenix in was Signs. And uh

He was atrocious in Signs. So I'm not really feeling the love for him.
You've never seen Gladiator, one of the greatest films of all time?

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
I'm pretty sure that's just his origin makeup. Has to be. The last third will probably be different. Or the last scene lol

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, even if you don't like the make up, which is probably intentionally looking like that obviously, I think this is a really creepy teaser.

Deleted member 2109

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Since this is set back when and I don't see Pheonix signing on for a run as the joker I see this ending with Arthur Fleck biting it after doing whatever fucked up thing he does and becoming an inspiration for the "real" Joker.

Either way I dig the teaser and the paint looks like some Gacy shit and that is terrifying to me.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Been a fan of Gugu since 1st seeing her in NBC's Undercovers (a shame the show wasn't better), would be down to see her in Birds of Prey.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
In addition to the dope Joker photo, here's, uh, info about one of the fourteen other Joker movies.

https://www.metro.us/entertainment/movies/the-joker-and-harley-quinn-spin-off-update said:
Glenn Ficarra and John Requa have provided an update on their potential love-story for the Joker and Harley Quinn

"It is great," Ficarra explained. "The whole thing starts with Harley kidnapping Dr Phil. Played by Dr Phil hopefully. Because her and the Joker are having problems with their relationship."

"We had so much fun, I don't know if we have had more fun writing a script in our career."

"It was sort of like, we wrote 'Bad Santa' a couple of years ago, and it was that sensibility mixed with our 'This Is Us' sensibility. We kind of meshed them together.

"We were doing a relationship movie but with the sensibility of a 'Bad Santa,' f***ed up, mentally deranged people. It was a lot of fun."

They're also confused about how things are,

"I don't know where it is on the queue of DC movies," Requa insisted.

"We handed the script in and everybody loved it," added Ficarra. "But I don't know when they are going to do it."

"Because I know that they want to do 'Birds Of Prey' and they want to do Todd's 'Joker' film first. Maybe if 'Birds Of Prey' goes well ours will be next."

Chuck Noblet

Oct 27, 2017
In addition to the dope Joker photo, here's, uh, info about one of the fourteen other Joker movies.

They're also confused about how things are,
Huh. I guess if bop does well like they mentioned it might get the green light. Maybe the studio wants to see how big the demand is for Harley once bop is out and in theaters. More likely I think is those ideas get moved into a different movie. But this is the hcu now so who knows.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually surprised that they are going with Black Canary when Huntress has been black in the comics for a few years now.

Note: New 52/Rebirth Huntress isn't actually African-American. She's just native Italian, presumably from Sicily.

Essentially, like this:

0a2b8cfc097b335e0d4597d084123d3d--italian-woman-sicilian-women.jpg

8d680f95bd3103e37b7ff514708b7971.jpg

3652128436_1df984cb65_z.jpg

When put side-by-side:

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A little late, but I like Phoenix's make-up. People seem to forget the film is set in the 80s and the make-up gives a very late 70s/early 80s John Wayne Gacy vibe.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Is the current Shazam trailer shown in theaters yet?

A little late, but I like Phoenix's make-up. People seem to forget the film is set in the 80s and the make-up gives a very late 70s/early 80s John Wayne Gacy vibe.

Some people can't wrap their heads around the idea of elseworlds stories or multiple takes on a character appearing on screen at the same time.

It's kinda funny if not a little disappointing that it's somewhat vindicating the stupid ideas WB had with the Bat-embargo, benching CW characters when introduced in movies, and all that bullshit. Like, I'm accustomed to it having read comics for decades. I never thought it'd be so complicated for the average person, much less the type of person who'd be posting on video game forums.

Last edited:

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure that's just his origin makeup. Has to be. The last third will probably be different. Or the last scene lol
Nah, I think this is it.

I don't think they're looking to make a comic accurate Joker story here, not even in the least bit. Looks like they're just taking the concept and making their own story out of it entirely.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
If the DCEU continues I kinda want them to put the Joker aside for a while. Have him locked up in Arkham while you let Harley movies do their thing.

His return to the universe should be a mini event. Have his breakout be mentioned in the odd movie here and there and have Bruce and the Batfamily react to the news. People love the Joker. Hopefully Joaquin's take brings back some love.

An easy way to bring Joaquin into the DCEU would be to just have him sitting in a cell and telling one of his stories, being the origin movie. Doubt it would ever happen, but should Joaquin want more of the role I'd be all for it.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, if Joaquin crushes it, and the movie is truly meant as a one off -- leave it at that. I'd be content with one killer outing than a reoccurring role and the diminishing impact film over film.

I could trust Matt Reeves to do something great with Joaquin's Joker, but then he's handed off to this potential Suicide Squad 2, this Harley + Joker movie, Legion of Doom, whatever else. Joaquin's a weird dude and I can't imagine him keeping that passion and drive. Basically, it's better to burn out than to fade away.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
In her defense, I've only listened to one album of hers: Electric Ladyland. But it's easily one of the worst albums I've had the misfortune of listening to.
It's cool other people like her music, it's just not for me at all.
Electric Lady is her weakest. Archandroid and Dirty Computer are masterworks, though they move in different directions.

Also, I know everyone just says "Joaquin Phoenix! End of story!" when it comes to people being unsure about the upcoming Joker movie but the only movie I've seen with Phoenix in was Signs. And uh

He was atrocious in Signs. So I'm not really feeling the love for him.

then watch other movies than Signs... The Master, Her, We Own the Night, Inherent Vice (I actually don't like this one but he's great in it).

Status
Not open for further replies.