• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
I expected her story to be a lot different. She had to pull up because her food wasn't ready, and I assume it's because the order got mixed up or wasn't made since online orders can be like that sometimes, and because only her coffee was ready she assumed they could have been doing something to it because "she couldn't see it being made", which is something that you can't do in the drive-through nor if you order online.

That Shake Shack copaganda is working it's magic on the very people it was meant to affect.

The tension that she feels as an officer is real, and part of me does empathize since as fucked up as the institution is, it is just the average beat cop that has to answer for that tension, right or wrong. In a perfect world, they'd be quitting and joining the fight for substantive reform, especially since I'm sure many have stories of cover ups and unethical behavior even if they haven't seen the most egregious stuff with their own eyes, but instead we get stuff like this where a cop can only think of all the things she has felt she has personally done for others without getting recognized for it. At least, her saying that she'd rather pay for her own meal than let others pay for it shows me that she's probably not one of the cops that benefits from the discounts and free food and special treatment that other cops take full advantage of, feel entitled to, and even abuse (as someone that worked fast food at a place with cop discounts, I know this first hand), but the too often the "bad cops" are treated like the exception to the rule when people like this lady (at least in the case of special treatment over food) are the exception and all she can think about is how unfair it is to be a "good cop" and have the public opinion turn on her when the rest of the police force has no problem protecting "bad cops" and turning on "good cops" all the time.

Maybe this isn't just about the events for her, but her first experience with microaggressions not only did it terrify her that people didn't instantly treat her with fear, respect, or adoration, but her first conclusion was that they were trying to kill her.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
thumb_i-do-somebody-yelled-out-fuck-12-at-me-security-66526535.png

Hokey

Oct 29, 2017
This is beyond ridiculous. How can this woman be a police officer? Absolutely batshit insane these people.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone that gets that fearful for their safety over a missing mcmuffin....

I do NOT want that person in possession of a gun pulling me over at a traffic stop. If a missing mcmuffin makes you feel unsafe, my ass will probably take 4 warning shots the to back of the fucking head over some bullshit.

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
why is everyone piling on this poor lady. i have been in a similar situation where i was told to wait for my food and then they brought me the wrong thing. i can tell you, i honestly felt like they were trying to kill me.

aliengmr

Oct 26, 2017
That she goes on and on and never seems to reflect on why all this shit is happening encapsulates why we got here.

She sees people being mean to cops as the source of her anxiety but doesn't dare ask why.

Pandaman

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sorry to say but this guy apparently has a pretty shady past involving human trafficking.
human smuggling is different from human trafficking.

Trafficking is moving people nonconsensually or for the purpose of sex work or something like that. Human smuggling is just being paid to smuggle someone across a border, and well, he's an anarchist so why would anyone be surprised he doesn't care about borders.

Oct 25, 2017
human smuggling is different from human trafficking.

Trafficking is moving people nonconsensually or for the purpose of sex work or something like that. Human smuggling is just being paid to smuggle someone across a border, and well, he's an anarchist so why would anyone be surprised he doesn't care about borders.

This is the impression I got from what I've read. I think he felt that whatever he was doing was making some kind of statement and he forced a trail instead of taking plea bargain. I'm going with "he did his time", and he's been on point for years now. A second chance.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad this officer's job is making them miserable. It means the protests are working.

Stop being mean :(

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
McMuffin talked to NBC News:

www.nbcnews.com

Officer in video complaining about fast-food order says people missed the point

"It's not that people are waiting in the wings to hurt us," Deputy Stacy Talbert said. "It's that people don't trust us."

A sheriff's officer who complained about her drive-thru fast-food order — captured in a viral video that has drawn ire and sympathy from social media users — said many people have missed the point she was trying to get across.
McIntosh County, Georgia, sheriff's Officer Stacy Talbert told NBC News that she recorded herself in a Facebook Live video early Monday after an overnight shift, not out of fear but to share her frustration.
"It's not that people are waiting in the wings to hurt us," she said Wednesday. "It's that people don't trust us."
-------------------
At the end of the video, she said, "Just have a heart, and if you see an officer just tell them, 'Thank you,' because I don't hear 'thank you' enough anymore."
In an interview Wednesday night, Talbert said the video had nothing to do with McDonald's, which she said she visits frequently.
"Everybody lost the whole point of the video," she said. "I'm just so sick of people being mean."
Talbert said she spoke with the owners of the restaurant and explained that she had not been mistreated by the staff. She said she was nervous to take the meal because she has felt generally suspicious as of late.
In a statement Wednesday, the restaurant owners, Gary and Jill Stanberry, said they had apologized to Talbert for what they described as an "unsatisfactory experience" and told her they would love to correct the order.
"We are happy to report that the officer was never denied service and also shared positive feedback on the employee with whom she interacted," they said.

She's a loon and should not be in law enforcement or in any position of authority. And lol at anyone rallying around her and her fast-food struggles as an example of a "double standard" or how hard cops have it.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017

www.nbcnews.com

"It's not that people are waiting in the wings to hurt us," Deputy Stacy Talbert said. "It's that people don't trust us."

A sheriff's officer who complained about her drive-thru fast-food order — captured in a viral video that has drawn ire and sympathy from social media users — said many people have missed the point she was trying to get across.
McIntosh County, Georgia, sheriff's Officer Stacy Talbert told NBC News that she recorded herself in a Facebook Live video early Monday after an overnight shift, not out of fear but to share her frustration.
"It's not that people are waiting in the wings to hurt us," she said Wednesday. "It's that people don't trust us."
-------------------
At the end of the video, she said, "Just have a heart, and if you see an officer just tell them, 'Thank you,' because I don't hear 'thank you' enough anymore."
In an interview Wednesday night, Talbert said the video had nothing to do with McDonald's, which she said she visits frequently.
"Everybody lost the whole point of the video," she said. "I'm just so sick of people being mean."
Talbert said she spoke with the owners of the restaurant and explained that she had not been mistreated by the staff. She said she was nervous to take the meal because she has felt generally suspicious as of late.
In a statement Wednesday, the restaurant owners, Gary and Jill Stanberry, said they had apologized to Talbert for what they described as an "unsatisfactory experience" and told her they would love to correct the order.
"We are happy to report that the officer was never denied service and also shared positive feedback on the employee with whom she interacted," they said.

She's a loon and should not be in law enforcement or in any position of authority. And lol at anyone rallying around her and her fast-food struggles as an example of a "double standard" or how hard cops have it.

at least she cut to the heart of the matter. yeah people don't trust the cops anymore. I wonder the fuck why not

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017

www.nbcnews.com

-------------------

So her point is that she's frustrated hat people won't blindly trust an organization that brutalizes people under the guise of public services.

And she voices this frustration by complaining about her completely irrational mistrust of food handlers who have no history of assault?

Her tirade makes no sense. And the explanation somehow makes even less.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If she thinks that people are just too mean and don't say thank you enough, throw her in fast food and she'd really lose it.

lemmykoopah

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I don't think this person is mentally fit to be a cop anymore. I mean I wouldn't want someone who is clearly mentally in a bad place to be handling guns etc.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

www.nbcnews.com

-------------------

tl;dr: "It's disgusting, stop treating us like animals and thugs, and start treating us with some respect"

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

www.nbcnews.com

-------------------

What a loser

KG

Banned
Oct 12, 2018
Did this pig just say on the interview that she doesn't hear people say thank you enough to her? Why the fuck should we thank you? You get paid for your job very well taking budget away from teachers and what not. It is not like you are volunteering as a cop. Fuck off with you wanting a thank you. On top of that, you pigs do a terrible job which is even more of a reason people shouldn't say thank you to a cop. It should be fuck you.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Everyone doing their best to disown this woman ASAP.

EavYB9ZXkAs0pqn

I thought McIntosh County Sheriff's Department said they didn't know her? But the article says she works there?

I can kind of understand like one person being frustrated. I don't necessarily understand posting about it, but whatever. What I don't understand is the defense force for her and all the likes she was getting as she was sharing it (which is why she shared it). Like one crazy person is one thing, but all those crazy people thinking this is oppression of some kind?

It's kind of like Trump, I expect him to act the way he does at this point, what blows my mind is all the people who defend his actions and vote for him anyway.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
I thought McIntosh County Sheriff's Department said they didn't know her? But the article says she works there?

I can kind of understand like one person being frustrated. I don't necessarily understand posting about it, but whatever. What I don't understand is the defense force for her and all the likes she was getting as she was sharing it (which is why she shared it). Like one crazy person is one thing, but all those crazy people thinking this is oppression of some kind?

It's kind of like Trump, I expect him to act the way he does at this point, what blows my mind is all the people who defend his actions and vote for him anyway.
Same county name, different state.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Officer McMuffin said:
McIntosh County, Georgia, sheriff's Officer Stacy Talbert told NBC News that she recorded herself in a Facebook Live video early Monday after an overnight shift, not out of fear but to share her frustration."It's not that people are waiting in the wings to hurt us," she said Wednesday. "It's that people don't trust us."

What? The video was literally about how she didn't trust the McDonalds employees, specifically because she couldn't see them making the food. That's what she specifically said in the video.

Officer McMuffin said:
In an interview Wednesday night, Talbert said the video had nothing to do with McDonald's, which she said she visits frequently."Everybody lost the whole point of the video," she said. "I'm just so sick of people being mean."

Nobody was being mean to her. It was normal McDonalds-level service.

This is some ridiculous after-the-fact rationalization that doesn't even make sense.