Feb 16, 2022
Didn't you like get it signed and have it on a literal pedestal?
shame-coronet.gif

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
I'm hearing through the grapevine that whenever freeza had someone over he'd introduce lost girls to them as "the crown jewel of my collection"

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My local comic book shop had the deluxe edition of Lost Girls on sale for a while, for like 50% off, and I feel like even having it on the shelf was entrapment. It went away one day so I assume someone bought it, and I think it'd be funny if it was someone who had no idea about the actual content and just knew him as "the Watchmen guy."

I won't say I haven't been tempted to give it a try as I am an unashamed Moore Lover, but there's so much by him I haven't read that isn't, uhh, that, so I'll continue to give that stuff priority.

notoracle

Aug 24, 2023
I'd completely forgot Lost Girls existed, which is either a good or bad thing. I also haven't read much of Moore's work besides excerpts and The Killing Joke (TKJ sucks).

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It was funny. I kind of hate people who put Moore and his works on a pedestal, since they're usually the snobby kind of people.
I think Moore is annoying now, and never thought Lost Girls was anything I wanted to check out, but his top tier work (Swamp Thing, Watchmen, TKJ, his GL stuff) really is impressive, IMO. Not sure why it would be snobby to have an honest/positive reaction to something well crafted. I'm not sure I'd put him on a pedestal, but he'd definitely be in my top 4 or 5 writers of all time.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
Eh, I'm going to be "that guy" and say that I feel that within the past decade or so I've seen it swing both ways.

There is certainly a contingent of Moore fans who seemingly just do not want to engage with anything even mildy critical of his work (and I say that as a pretty huge Moore fan myself), but I've also feel like some folks got weirdly prickly and defensive when Moore basically made it clear he was done with the Big Two and with cape books in general.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Lost Girls is a comic that should be recommended to all new comic readers here. Trial by Fire. We'll know whether they're worthy of joining our discourse straight away!

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I'd still consider myself a fan of Moore, but I've never read Lost Girls and I dropped off his Lovecraftian horror series (wrote about it in here a few years ago) like halfway into Providence because it disgusted me.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
aiptcomics.com

‘Free Agents’ #1 teams Kurt Busiek, Fabian Nicieza, and Stephen Mooney

'Free Agents' introduces readers to a team of young veterans, survivors of a massive interdimensional war: Salvo, Pike, Katari, Shakti, Ridge, Maraud, and Chalice.

New Image Comics on-going by Kurt Busiek, Fabian Nicieza, Stephen Mooney, and Triona Farrell.

Looks and sounds super 90s, I love it.

EDIT: Oh shit, Brubaker's Fatale is also getting a Compendium release in July

imagecomics.com

MULTIPLE EISNER AWARD WINNING DUO ED BRUBAKER & SEAN PHILLIPS’ LOVECRAFTIAN MYSTERY SERIES FATALE TO BE COLLECTED INTO…

Image is a comics and graphic novels publisher formed in 1992 by 7 of the comics industry's best-selling artists, and is the 3rd largest comics publisher in the United States.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I must point this out. I've posted that picture for multiple years at this point and no one has noticed that the deluxe edition of Tokyo Ghost is on my chair 😂😂

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, did anyone buy that Marvel Micronauts omnibus? I'm curious. Just not curious enough to drop $70 on a curiosity.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
I finished Danger Street. I liked it more than I expected and left wanting to read more Lady Cop, which is certainly not something I anticipated.

I wonder if he said Hodor (Hodoshelf) as he gave out.
I didn't think this video would be relevant, but you may be interested in someone going over the book.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YYWBUmkV6ks

Review wise, Nightwing had a remarkably quiet legacy issue, yet it was meant to establish all his allies over the years (as well as a few real life cameos). It's not much, but it was meant to have the superhero and the person at his highest pedestal... just as the villains are getting ready to knock him off it.

We git a good showcase of nrwcomer Star in Spider-Woman. I thought it was a nice refresher for people who may not be familiar to her and it's only natural she'd go after the best friend of her most hated enemy. And it looks like this will be a theme going forward, this time with someone I'm not familiar with.

List:
Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver #3 (Black Cat & Jackpot got Adam Hughes as their cover artist? Think of the other covers he could be doing)
Green Arrow #11
Harley Quinn #59
Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers #119

Last edited:

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Any interest in the Gillen Star Wars omnibus thats out today? Anyone here read Star Wars beyond the Jason Aaron stuff?

ALXJ

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Feb 16, 2021
just impulse bought Catwoman Lonely City and The Nice House on the Lake 😌

zero_fm

Mar 11, 2022
I didn't think this video would be relevant, but you may be interested in someone going over the book.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YYWBUmkV6ks

Review wise, Nightwing had a remarkably quiet legacy issue, yet it was meant to establish all his allies over the years (as well as a few real life cameos). It's not much, but it was meant to have the superhero and the person at his highest pedestal... just as the villains are getting ready to knock him off it.

We git a good showcase of nrwcomer Star in Spider-Woman. I thought it was a nice refresher for people who may not be familiar to her and it's only natural she'd go after the best friend of her most hated enemy. And it looks like this will be a theme going forward, this time with someone I'm not familiar with.

List:
Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver #3 (Black Cat & Jackpot got Adam Hughes as their cover artist? Think of the other covers he could be doing)
Green Arrow #11
Harley Quinn #59
Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers #119

I had no idea lady cop was actually a thing