Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
I don't know if it was posted, but it's pretty big news in the Power Rangers world.

Lord Drakkon is dead, but at least gave the other rangers a chance to beat Dark Specter. He may not have gotten his redemption, but he sure gave the others a fighting chance. We also saw some division between Rita and Dark Specter himself. It's a good, reflective episode that may look bleak but there's at least some hope that the rangers can do something about the corrupted Morphing Grid.

Spider-Woman in comic book fashion reveals what happened to her son.
Of course he's been her nemesis this whole time. And of course Hydra is despicable enough to do such a thing.

Harley keeps with the focus on Harley's friendship with Kevin, which helps ground the story somewhat. The main plot itself is still a bit meandering right now.

Green Arrow uses a classic trope and uses it in a way I didn't think was still possible. Green Arrow continues to be the most underrated ongoing book in DC comics.

List:
Avengers Inc. #5 (Deserved so many more issues.)
Marvel's Voices: Legends #1
Trinity Special #1
Power Rangers Unlimited: The Morphin Masters #1

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Was checking new releases on InStockTrades and was very amused that, at least according to their listing, Betsy Braddock wrote her own comic! Good for her!

chcLa3v.png

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
Oh, there's gonna be a sequel? When is that supposed to come out?

As for the game - some of the boss fights would translate super well I'd guess.
Highly stylized future city on lockdown as a setting should also work for an open world hub.
But the flow of the story and the flashbacks? I guess those won't be easy.

Good call on these resembling the Mirage comics - I never read those and IDWs run has a lot of humor and wholesomeness in it even with the drama.
The first issue of TMNT The Last Ronin II: Re-Evolution comes out in March. https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/search/169168?keyword=the last ronin II #1

I imagine the game's big thing will be the boss fights if the devs can nail the combat. I'm also sure there will be stealth sections. If anything, I can see it taking after Marvel's Spider-Man even though the devs mentioned they're using God of War 2018 and Ragnarok as a reference point. I would love to see a cel-shaded style. But if they're aiming for realism, then it's probably going to be 3D. Either way, it should be interesting to see the full trailer. Unless the game ends up leaking. 😅

I also never read the Mirage Comics run either and the IDW run. My entry to TMNT was the 90s animated series, the NES and SNES games, and the early 2000s show which followed the OG comics' lore closer and was dark. But it was good as a teen who was in middle school/high school when it aired.

I also read TMNT: Dimension-X, a 5 issue mini-run that was done by a different writer/artist team. That was my introduction to Paul Allors, Pablo Tunica, Michael Dialynas, Aubrey Sitterson, and Khary Randolph. It was fun! I'm sure there are a few Turtles comics experts in here who can point to where to start with the IDW run.

SpiralEngine

Jul 6, 2023
I got notified about these 2 crowdfunding campaigns and I figured they were worth sharing:

The Jack Kirby Museum is reprinting the Sunday strips of the Jack Kirby/Wally Wood Sky Masters comic in color. I've seem them in the Special Thanks section of some other Kirby reprints in the past, but this is the first time they're publishing their own reprint of some of Kirby's stuff. Personally, I'm hoping that if this works out, maybe they'll reprint some of Kirby's other stuff that hasn't been in print for a while, like Captain Victory or Destroyer Duck, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

zoop.gg

Sky Masters of the Space Force - The Complete Sunday Strips in Color

Re-introducing this Eisner Award-nominated hardcover in an EXPANDED DELUXE EDITION! This eye-popping book compiles the scarce and out-of-print complete set of Sky Masters of the Space Force Sunday comics from 1959-1960 by Jack Kirby with masterful inking by Wallace Wood, Dick Ayers and Kirby...

Some company with the Conan license is putting out an Artist's Edition-type book for a bunch of different artists' work on Conan. The book seems to focus on pages from John Buscema, Gil Kane, and Barry Windsor-Smith, but it'll have some pages from a bunch of other artists as well.

zoop.gg

Conan the Barbarian - Colossal Edition

**LATE JAN. '24 UPDATE: RE-OPENING FOR 10 DAYS - LAST CHANCE TO PRE ORDER! CONAN THE BARBARIAN - COLOSSAL EDITION is an Artist's Edition-style oversized 12 x 17 book that features 190+ pages of full-size scans of the original comic art pages pulled from throughout the original classic run of...

I'm noticing a distinct lack of talk about Sonic comics. Are we sure this is Comics Era?

Hey, I'm busy with university stuff now, so I haven't been able to get back into reading comics like I wanted to. At least, that's my excuse.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
The first issue of TMNT The Last Ronin II: Re-Evolution comes out in March. https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/search/169168?keyword=the last ronin II #1

I imagine the game's big thing will be the boss fights if the devs can nail the combat. I'm also sure there will be stealth sections. If anything, I can see it taking after Marvel's Spider-Man even though the devs mentioned they're using God of War 2018 and Ragnarok as a reference point. I would love to see a cel-shaded style. But if they're aiming for realism, then it's probably going to be 3D. Either way, it should be interesting to see the full trailer. Unless the game ends up leaking. 😅

I also never read the Mirage Comics run either and the IDW run. My entry to TMNT was the 90s animated series, the NES and SNES games, and the early 2000s show which followed the OG comics' lore closer and was dark. But it was good as a teen who was in middle school/high school when it aired.

I also read TMNT: Dimension-X, a 5 issue mini-run that was done by a different writer/artist team. That was my introduction to Paul Allors, Pablo Tunica, Michael Dialynas, Aubrey Sitterson, and Khary Randolph. It was fun! I'm sure there are a few Turtles comics experts in here who can point to where to start with the IDW run.
Oh, no worries, I'm knees deep in the IDW run - I've been collecting the hardcovers but since the Brexit they've become very expensive so it's taking some time. I'm at around issue 8 now and will continue until the soft reboot that I've heard happens around book 11 or so.

IrishNinja

Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
since it's DCs year, i read the first arc of poison ivy - this is good! how come y'all never talk about this one, it's all spawn or scud or whatever here

also finally reading 80s justice league international, damn they really make gardner even more loathesome than usual huh

Oh, no worries, I'm knees deep in the IDW run

i havent read TMNT since around 100 or so, curious to see how the big 150 goes soon & if it's worth jumping back on

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
since it's DCs year, i read the first arc of poison ivy - this is good! how come y'all never talk about this one, it's all spawn or scud or whatever here

also finally reading 80s justice league international, damn they really make gardner even more loathesome than usual huh

i havent read TMNT since around 100 or so, curious to see how the big 150 goes soon & if it's worth jumping back on

lmao I'm actually reading Scud for the first time in like a decade right now

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

JLI and JLE are a ton of fun. I hope you enjoy them. Yes, Guy is very hateable for most of the run, with moments that are exceptions.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017

080.gif

zero_fm

Mar 11, 2022

Jason Aaron will be writer after that, so maybe it'll be a little resetting of the characters. I just don't see they renumbering and getting high profile authors without putting the toys in the box before

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
They are going to do 2099 revivals every year until 2099, when they can finally begin the 2199 books.

February OT
OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
qyqL5nC.png

UnTAb6f.png

oMMXtX9.png

mlBqOaN.png

C3shYA8.png

Batman #142 By Zdarsky, Camuncoli, Nesi, Sorrentino - The tragic "death" of the leader of the Red Hood Gang in a vat of chemicals has become the subject of myth…but what is the heartbreaking and gruesome tale of the monster who walked away from that violent birth? And how does it affect Batman's distant future? "The Joker Year One" begins here!

Sinister Sons #1By Tomasi, LaFuente - They're bad to the bone, ready to brawl, and the sons of two of the deadliest villains in the galaxy: they're the Sinister Sons and the DC Universe will never be the same! When the son of General Zod was cast off of his adopted homeworld of New Kandor, Lor-Zod runs afoul of a kid on a mission: Sinson is out to prove he's got what it takes to live up to the family name of Sinestro! But all is not as it seems, and the sons' journeys will take them into the heart of darkness in this sensational first issue! Superstar Super Sons scribe Peter J. Tomasi returns to the world of DC youth once again—joined by fan-favorite artist David Lafuente—to craft one of the most dynamic debuts of a duo in DCU history!

Birds of Prey #6 By Thompson, Romero - It's all-out war on Themyscira as the team faces off against the mythical Megaera…can the Birds overcome this ancient evil?! Or will one of them have to pay the ultimate price…?

Catwoman #62 By Howard, Di Giandomenico - Catwoman has completed three of her "impossible" heists, but her nine lives are running out faster than she thought! Little does she know, someone with a particular use for disposable lives has been paying attention to her new mission—and that someone is none other than AMANDA WALLER! Welcome to the Suicide Squad, Selina Kyle—hope you survive the experience!

Harley Quinn #37 by Howard, Boo, Henderson - Honka honka! That nogoodnik Brother Eye has soured my reputation across the whole dang multiverse and it's gonna take me, myself, and I to put things right. Join me, Tini, Sweeney, and a panoply of clown girl artist extraordinaires as we go across the clowniverse! If you don't buy this comic then my lawyer P.P. Thompson is gonna sue you!!!! Plus: In 1999 two teenagers went into the woods with a video camera and my twin sister Erica Henderson came out of the woods with a comic book about me that's got real four-quadrant appeal (I wanted ta make a pun usin' a word for butts instead of appeal but the lady who's forcing me to write these told me not to).

Poison Ivy #19 By Wilson, Takara - A story decades in the making! Long has her tale been told by others, but witness for the first time—in intimate detail—the one true secret origin of Poison Ivy, as revealed by the viridescent villainess herself. The GLAAD Media Award-winning team of writer G. Willow Wilson and artist Marcio Takara reunites to tell this heartbreaking and historic origin story as only they can.

Red Hood : The Hill #1 By Martinbrough, Greene - Welcome to the Hill—formerly one of Gotham's most dangerous suburbs—a place that required its residents to band together to keep themselves safe when the police, and sometimes even Batman, wouldn't. Now, as the Hill finds itself gentrifying, old habits die hard as the vigilante known only as Strike works with her team to keep the town safe—but she's not alone. Jason Todd, one of the Hill's newest residents, is more than happy to don the visage of Red Hood to help Strike keep his new home safe. But a new villain is emerging from the shadows. Will Red Hood, Strike and the Hill's small militia of vigilantes be able to keep their home safe? Check out Red Hood's return to find out!

Titans #8 By Taylor, Segovia - The Titans are not the same heroes they were when Beast World began. Can this team hold the world together after everything they've been through? Can these friends unite against strengthening enemies hellbent on tearing them apart? Or will they crumble in the face of a new world order?

Nightwing #111 By Taylor, Basri - Something's very wrong with Nightwing and it's starting to catch up to him. Can the world's greatest detective help him figure out what's going on before it's too late?Plus: The Plague has left 14th Century Europe in chaos, as a young man known only as the Son of Gray hunts the man who killed his father. A story of revenge, told in two parts.

Wesley Dodds : The Sandman #5 By Venditti, Rossmo - It's Wesley Dodds vs. the U.S. Army as the Sandman infiltrates a military base in search of his missing journal. Can he get in and out before anyone sees him, or will the full force of the military come down on Wesley?

Action Comics #1062 By Aaron, Timms - The shocking second chapter of the Worst Bizarro Story Ever! Jason Aaron's first time writing Superman sees the Man of Steel trapped in a world gone mad, a Metropolis transformed into the City of Bizarro! While Superman struggles to save the lives of people who despise him, he's also battling the most powerful Bizarro of all…the one inside his own mind!

Superman #11 By Williamson, Baldeon - The Lex Luthor revenge squad attacks! Superman is back from his blast to the past but finds that Mr. Graft and Dr. Pharm have gathered some of Lex Luthor's greatest enemies with a mission to wipe out Lex and everything he loves from Metropolis. Superman will fight to save Lex's life but when he learns the truth about Lex's past…will he want to?

xeLeXLb.png.png

izBlsvQ.png

RfASFeH.png

Ultimate Black Panther #1 By Hill, Caselli - In the wake of ULTIMATE INVASION, Khonshu and Ra – the force known together as Moon Knight – are seeking to expand their brutal control of the continent of Africa. In response, the lone bulwark against them, the isolated nation of Wakanda, will send forth its champion…its king…the Black Panther!

Spider-Punk #1 By Ziglar, Mason - In a world without NORMAN OSBORN, SPIDER-PUNK REIGNS!This ain't no victory lap though – as HOBIE BROWN and team try to rebuild society, JUSTIN HAMMER & DOCTOR OTTO OCTAVIUS have other plans...like introducing the world to the SPIDER-SLAYING SENTINELS!

Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver #1 By Orlando, Tammetta - Old Rivalries and New Mysteries. The Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver have been heroes, friends, family heads and occasionally villains, but, above all, they are twins who look out for each other. So when Wanda receives a letter from the recently deceased Magneto that would upset Pietro, she burns the letter before her brother can read it. But her choice drives them apart at the worst possible time: a new threat heralded by the Wizard – with a horrifying eldritch upgrade – is coming for their heads, and if they can't find a way to repair their damaged bond, it will cost them their lives.

Ultimate Spider-Man #2 By Hickman, Checchetto - Spider-Man faces his first super villain! J. Jonah Jameson's quest to uncover who is really pulling the strings of this new Ultimate Universe leads to a shocking revelation! And New York City welcomes its newest hero…the Green Goblin!

Fall of the House of X #2 By Duggan, Werneck - The X-Men may be at their lowest spot, and they may be on the brink of complete eradication…but they are not going down without a fight! Polaris returns to guide the X-Men home, bringing a wicked surprise for Orchis! This epic tale split in two continues as the Krakoan Age nears its conclusion!

Rise of the Powers of X #2 By Gillen, Silva - Outside time and space is mutantdom's last hope. Floating between dimensions, hiding from a Dominion who wishes to crush them. Can Xavier and his crew survive? And when we find out their plan, will we want them to? The end of the Krakoan Age continues in this epic tale split in two!

Miles Morales : Spider-Man #17 By Ziglar, Pratim - Spider-Man needs rest.

Sensational She Hulk #5 By Rowell, Guara - She-Hulk, Hell-Cat and CAPTAIN MARVEL were supposed to have a nice night out at Hell-Cat's favorite bar…but it's the Marvel Universe and in the Marvel Universe, we can't have nice things. With their very souls at stake, Captain Marvel asks She-Hulk a question that could have absolutely HUGE consequences.

Incredible Hulk #9 By Johnson, Earls - Phillip Kennedy Johnson's latest spine-chilling tale brings Hulk into a supernatural town haunted by a serial killer…but she is no mere mortal killer, and Hulk will need the help of a supernatural detective in order to track her down!

Mq4Hw3s.png

9fk11o2.png

I Hate Fairyland #11 By Young, Bean - Queen Cloudia is finally getting a glimpse of where Gert and every brat in Fairyland come from: the Real World. But she's going to learn the hard way that it's much more dangerous than her realm. Meanwhile, Gert kills some stuff. What else did you expect?!

Love Everlasting #12 By King, Charretier - "Just West of Love," Part Two More answers to all of your questions! The bloody, tragic tale of the Cowboy's origin continues. In a world without love, in a world without Joan, how does a man live? How far into the depths of hell will his loss take him? Journey with the Cowboy on his quest to find the woman who must always leave.

Monstress #49 By Liu, Takeda - Maika and her allies have returned, weakened and altered, to a Known World turned upside down by war. From the relative safety of the Wave Empress's domain, they'll reunite with old friends and face the new challenges of a status quo they never expected.

The One Hand #1 By Ram V, Campbell - Neo Novena detective ARI NASSER is about to retire with an enviable record, until a brutal murder occurs, bearing all the hallmarks of the "One Hand Killer"…which should be impossible, since Ari already put him away not once, but twice in the years before. What follows is a deadly cat-and-mouse game as Ari pursues his quarry down the rain-soaked streets of Neo Novena. Ari will stop at nothing to unravel the secrets and ciphers of this case, but each revelation only leads further into the dark heart of his future-metropolis and Ari's own beleaguered soul.

Transformers #5 By Johnson, Spicer - Starscream revives one of the most powerful Decepticons to eliminate the Autobots once and for all.

W0rldtr33 #8 By Tynion, Blanco - Gabriel Winter always had one eye on the future. So how long did he know that the end of the internet was inevitable…or that the Lane family would be at the center of this conflict? Elsewhere, FBI agent Siobhan Silk's search for PH34R nears its end, but what she stumbles across is worse than she ever imagined

jYhJ6HW.png

T4M1Dmy.png

Chainsaw Man Vol 14 By Fujimoto - Asa and Denji are going on a date to the aquarium! Asa just wants to seduce Denji to turn him into a weapon, but Denji might have other ideas. Will they ruin the date with their extreme social awkwardness, or will a surprise attack by a devil be the culprit?

Oshi no Ko Vol 5 By Akasaka - Ruby has just finished her first live concert performance as part of the newly reformed B-Komachi, and Aqua is going to be part of a new 2.5 play. But Aqua's project that includes two ladies with interest in him-his "girlfriend" Akane Kurokawa and Kana Arima! Is chaos on the horizon?

Akane-Banashi Vol 4 By Suenaga, Moue - During the final round of the Karaku Cup, Akane delivers a performance that spellbinds the audience. As the crowd is gripped with emotion, Akane receives a shocking review from her most hated foe, Issho Arakawa. Who will emerge victorious at the competition and have a one-on-one talk with the man who ruined the life of Akane's father? As the thrilling Karaku Cup comes to a conclusion, a new chapter unfolds... What awaits Akane on the next stage of her journey to become a professional rakugoka?

WNbSZRg.png

-If you must post a spoilery panel or a page from a Shonen Jump (recent or otherwise), please link to them with a proper spoiler warning.
-Please at least allow one week before posting unmarked spoilers.
- Use common sense when it comes to older spoilers. Its easy to use a spoiler tag and has the same effect.
-Announcements/Solicitations are not spoiler worthy, no need to tag
- Don't spoiler tag images, it doesn't work on mobile so its not reliable.
-MARK YOUR SPOILERS

Drayco21

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still bummed that the excellent Orlando Scarlet Witch book died so that she can share the title with her dorkass brother, but it's better than the book being fully cancelled on us. Looking forward to it and Ultimate Panther.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
But... my new OT smell...

Nah I get it. Post counts have been too low to restart every month. Still appreciate the effort of an OT post. Good to know what's coming.

IrishNinja

Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
oh we can finally dump this crusty old OT phew

lmao I'm actually reading Scud for the first time in like a decade right now

if held up for me, and my ire towards rob schrab died down after he did right by the book and finally ended it after like 10+.years waiting on the whole shebang

JLI and JLE are a ton of fun. I hope you enjoy them. Yes, Guy is very hateable for most of the run, with moments that are exceptions.

it's a good time so far! is there a jumping off point or does it hold up the whole way through?
gonna be honest, i finally bumped this one up because i wanted to get into blue beetle & booster gild and i'd been told this was a good starting point

Oh man I forgot about Spawn. Is this the year of Spawn or was that last year?

it's always the year of spawn in our hearts
also the big race for the throne of hell in #350 is here and shit's popping off!

Jason Aaron will be writer after that, so maybe it'll be a little resetting of the characters. I just don't see they renumbering and getting high profile authors without putting the toys in the box before

hmm so maybe i wait

They are going to do 2099 revivals every year until 2099, when they can finally begin the 2199 books.

that is the plan yes correct
also yoshida-dono will still somehow be calling the shots by then

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
it's a good time so far! is there a jumping off point or does it hold up the whole way through?
gonna be honest, i finally bumped this one up because i wanted to get into blue beetle & booster gild and i'd been told this was a good starting point
I'd say when Giffen and DeMatteis leave its time to end the ride. If you only want Blue and Gold than JLE is not needed, but it's also good (albeit not as good).

Ferda

The Fallen
Jan 25, 2019
Portland, OR
Yay new OT! I kind of want to get the spider punk book but I think I will just trade wait since I have the other one in TPB.

Any hype for the new Ram V book? Sounds kind of interesting, thinking about maybe adding it to my list

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
But... my new OT smell...

Nah I get it. Post counts have been too low to restart every month. Still appreciate the effort of an OT post. Good to know what's coming.
A lot of communities have moved to a numbered OT format, and I think it makes more sense to just threadmark the monthly books at this point. At least people won't have to update their bookmarks nearly as often.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
I don't know if it was posted, but it's pretty big news in the Power Rangers world.

Lord Drakkon is dead, but at least gave the other rangers a chance to beat Dark Specter. He may not have gotten his redemption, but he sure gave the others a fighting chance. We also saw some division between Rita and Dark Specter himself. It's a good, reflective episode that may look bleak but there's at least some hope that the rangers can do something about the corrupted Morphing Grid.

Spider-Woman in comic book fashion reveals what happened to her son.
Of course he's been her nemesis this whole time. And of course Hydra is despicable enough to do such a thing.

Harley keeps with the focus on Harley's friendship with Kevin, which helps ground the story somewhat. The main plot itself is still a bit meandering right now.

Green Arrow uses a classic trope and uses it in a way I didn't think was still possible. Green Arrow continues to be the most underrated ongoing book in DC comics.

List:
Avengers Inc. #5 (Deserved so many more issues.)
Marvel's Voices: Legends #1
Trinity Special #1
Power Rangers Unlimited: The Morphin Masters #1

He'll be back

IrishNinja

Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
There were two Giffen/DeMatteis/Maguire follow up minis much later. Those are good as is JL3000. I don't recommend the rest pike blue and gold tbh.

ahh don't know about jl3000, gotta look into that one! shame the blue & gold ones in recent years weren't as good i guess?

I should pick up the new W0rldtr33 issue, but I'm reading Undead Unluck and I don't want to stop.

maybe i should check that one out, hyped for more worldtree tho

New month, new issue of Ultimate Spider-Man.

we off that marvel train now tho

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
ahh don't know about jl3000, gotta look into that one! shame the blue & gold ones in recent years weren't as good i guess?
They Blue and Gold mini is not terrible, but it's not really worthwhile either. It's a comic that exists and that's about the most enthusiasm for it that I can muster. Like a bad cover band trying to replay hits that were done much better decades earlier by more talented creators (no offense to Jurgens as I like some of what he does, but he's not on the level of the JLI creators).