Nov 3, 2017
Hickman's Avengers/New Avengers run is fantastic. If you're going to read the whole thing and you should, I'd recommend reading his Fantastic Four first.

That's the self contained run where Marvel Zombies was spun out from, right? I mean, I got a soft spot for cosmic threats, Jim Starlin level and all that, (the only who made me care about Adam Warlock!). Is there a vetted source for where I should go to for reading orders for the "Adapt Or Die" saga (is that the name of it?), btw?

I see Hickman did work on X-Men with Yu. Fucking love Leinil's touch.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
That's the self contained run where Marvel Zombies was spun out from, right? I mean, I got a soft spot for cosmic threats, Jim Starlin level and all that, (the only who made me care about Adam Warlock!). Is there a vetted source for where I should go to for reading orders for the "Adapt Or Die" saga (is that the name of it?), btw?

I see Hickman did work on X-Men with Yu. Fucking love Leinil's touch.
Marvel Zombies spun off of Ultimate Fantastic Four from the early 2000s.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Inspired by Madam Web?
breaking-bad-walter-white.gif

This is because of Bakugo isn't it.
Bakugo is my North Star. He came to me in a dream and told me to tame the flames

Feb 16, 2022
The Heroes in Crisis debate in the Discord makes me go back to it for the first time since its release. What have you all done?

Back home finally and USM #3 is in my hands! If you guys are wondering why I haven't been posting as much I'm in the Fire Academy to be a firefighter/paramedic and I have wayyyy less time
That's pretty awesome.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Heroes in Crisis debate in the Discord makes me go back to it for the first time since its release. What have you all done?
As someone who hates Discord - what's the debate? Personally I find Heroes in Crisis deeply flawed, but the testimonials are kind of interesting at least. I still think that if it was a lower stakes story that mostly explored PTSD and the emotional toll of being a supe then that would have been better than the Wally/Harley/Booster nonsense, although obviously it would no longer be an event that would generate major sales.

Feb 16, 2022
As someone who hates Discord - what's the debate? Personally I find Heroes in Crisis deeply flawed, but the testimonials are kind of interesting at least. I still think that if it was a lower stakes story that mostly explored PTSD and the emotional toll of being a supe then that would have been better than the Wally/Harley/Booster nonsense, although obviously it would no longer be an event that would generate major sales.
I wasn't part of it and things apparently got a bit heated, so I'm sorry in advance to others if I say anything wrong--but the debate seems to be whether it was right for later stories to retcon Wally's actions(by explaining "oh, it wasn't really Wally/his own doing actually") instead of letting it be as is and either just ignoring it/moving on from it or making it just part of the character's history.

On a personal level, I'm simply curious what I'd think of it now that the story's all laid out, as I only read it as it was coming out.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't part of it and things apparently got a bit heated, so I'm sorry in advance to others if I say anything wrong--but the debate seems to be whether it was right for later stories to retcon Wally's actions(by explaining "oh, it wasn't really Wally/his own doing actually") instead of letting it be as is and either just ignoring it/moving on from it or making it just part of the character's history.

On a personal level, I'm simply curious what I'd think of it now that the story's all laid out, as I only read it as it was coming out.
Gotcha. Thanks. I always say that it's better to retcon bad decisions than try to patch around them. When Alfred eventually comes back, for example, I'll be happy to have a great character back and glad that Didio's mistake will have been retconned.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
"Hey guys, let's get the miniseries guy who relies heavily on playing with characterization and alternate settings to do our next big crossover event. What could go wrong?"

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
"Hey guys, let's get the miniseries guy who relies heavily on playing with characterization and alternate settings to do our next big crossover event. What could go wrong?"
To be fair, a lot of the shit stuff in HiC was foisted upon him by editorial. The Wally stuff, for example. With that said, I agree that crossover events are not at all his wheelhouse.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, a lot of the shit stuff in HiC was foisted upon him by editorial. The Wally stuff, for example. With that said, I agree that crossover events are not at all his wheelhouse.
Eh, a lot of every event is editorially mandated; it's the only way to keep things coherent. But while it's true that most writers don't do well in those circumstances (which is why most events are kinda dogshit), King was just an exceptionally poor choice.

And I say this as somebody who mostly really likes Tom King comics!

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
There is a DC book thats coming out currently thats been picking up on some of the stuff from Heroes in Crisis. Like Sanctuary has been mentioned and a few other references. Just cant remember which book it was lol. I dont think it was Tom King's Wonder Woman.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, a lot of every event is editorially mandated; it's the only way to keep things coherent. But while it's true that most writers don't do well in those circumstances (which is why most events are kinda dogshit), King was just an exceptionally poor choice.

And I say this as somebody who mostly really likes Tom King comics!
Agreed, although HiC wasn't really the same as most event books in that it was basically self contained unlike a lot of big event books that have crossovers to every title and spin off minis, etc... Take away the Wally shit and I think the series could have been quite a bit better.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Wally shit does smell like Didio's final fuck you to the character.
King has said that DiDio is the one who mandated the Wally thing and also switched, after the fact, Alfred's death being a fakeout to being real. Both of those were mistakes. Aside from sticking with Flintstones it's hard to think of any good choices Dan made.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
King has said that DiDio is the one who mandated the Wally thing and also switched, after the fact, Alfred's death being a fakeout to being real. Both of those were mistakes. Aside from sticking with Flintstones it's hard to think of any good choices Dan made.
Its insane to me that Alfred is still dead.

SpiralEngine

Jul 6, 2023

View: https://twitter.com/TheBurnham/status/1774087088515760166

Something about this seems weird to me. It just seems strange that DC would set up an email like this, and the only announcement it gets is through the creator's Facebook page. Also, I'm pretty sure Veitch has said that multiple regimes at DC have tried to get the book printed, only to get eventually shot down, so I wonder what's so different this time. Either way, I hope they succeed this time at least.

bleedingcool.com

Marvel Now Crediting Roy Thomas As Co-Creator Of Wolverine

Wolverine was created for Incredible Hulk #180 by writer Len Wein, designed by John Romita Sr, and drawn by Herb Trimpe back in 1974...

Roy Thomas being a ghoul is so sad.

I heard about this through a (much more mean-spirited and insulting) article a few months back, which I felt was too incendiary to be worth sharing. Maybe it's because I got into superhero comics through a different avenue than most, but I feel like I rarely ever hear anything good about Roy Thomas. Frankly, he's been on my shit-list ever since (IIRC) I heard Larry Hama call him a racist for saying shit like this:

Kyonashi

Oct 24, 2017
UK
HoXPoX was the event that got me back into reading regular comics for the first time in a decade, and I've kept up with 80% of the Krakoa era since (aside from X-Force & Wolverine) plus branched into a few other ongoings, so whilst I'm fairly sad to see it end I'm also taking the opportunity (also partially inspired by X-Men '97) to explore some older X runs. Looking for a whistlestop tour through the best of the best rather than overcommitting to too much.

Here's my current list - any major omissions?

• X-Men #1 (1963)
  • Giant Size X-Men #1 (1975)
  • Uncanny X-Men #125-142 [The Proteus Saga, The Dark Phoenix Saga, Welcome to the X-Men Kitty Pryde, Days of Future Past] (1979-1980)
  • God Loves, Man Kills (1982)
  • Uncanny X-Men #186, #198 [Lifedeath I & II] (1984-1986)
  • Age of Apocalypse (1994)
  • New X-Men (2001)
  • Astonishing X-Men (2004)
  • House of M (2005)
  • Season One (2012)
  • Avengers vs. X-Men (2012)

Think that's about 120 core issues which seems manageable, though I'm not so sure about AoA as I'm not usually one for edgy 90s as an era. Enjoyed Immortal X-Men a lot as a WicDiv fan, is Gillen's Uncanny run well-liked and/or fairly standalone?

Hewlett

Oct 27, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/TheBurnham/status/1774087088515760166

Something about this seems weird to me. It just seems strange that DC would set up an email like this, and the only announcement it gets is through the creator's Facebook page. Also, I'm pretty sure Veitch has said that multiple regimes at DC have tried to get the book printed, only to get eventually shot down, so I wonder what's so different this time. Either way, I hope they succeed this time at least.

It sounds like this is a grass roots type thing to get DC's attention, not an official email set up by DC itself.

April OT
OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
C0YdtYw.png

UnTAb6f.png

oMMXtX9.png

11jeiEY.png

heHTMnd.png

Poison Ivy #21 By Wilson, Takara - Who's black, grey, and green all over? Batman. Uncover how Poison Ivy and the Dark Knight Detective himself first came to blows in the final chapter of G. Willow Wilson and Marcio Takara's unforgettable Origin of Species storyline.

Harley Quinn Annual 2024 By Erica Henderson - Toot toot! Ladies and germs, don't you just hate it when you bust your butt left and right with no reward? Whether you're devoted to a life of heroism, villainy, or regular-person-ism—everyone needs a break. Which is where the HARLEY QUINN 2024 ANNUAL comes in! 40 pages of luxurious luxury cruise-based comedy guaranteed to leave you feeling rested, relaxed, and READY TO FRICKING SOLVE A MARITIME MURDER MYSTERY. When Zatanna gets framed for a mystery on a cruise ship, ol' Shamluck Harley is on the case!

Batman #146 By Zdarsky, Jimenez - The explosive "Dark Prisons" continues as Batman learns from an old mentor what Zur's plans are for Gotham City…and the world! Can the Dark Knight escape from a prison designed by the ultimate version of himself? And what nefarious role does The Joker play in all of this?

Nightwing #113 By Taylor and Various - Since the 1940's, you've seen him go from acrobat to orphan; from Dick Grayson to Robin; from Robin to Nightwing. You've seen him work alongside the universe's most powerful heroes, against existence's most sinister villains. You have seen Dick Grayson do so many things, but now, in his 300th issue, you will see him…well, you'll just have to pick up the issue and find out. Join us for this legacy 300 milestone!

Birds of Prey #8 By Thompson, Pina - Mari McCabe aka Vixen has joined the Birds of Prey to help them get to the bottom of the mysterious villain hunting them through time. But first Mari has a fashionably dangerous problem of her own that needs solving. "You scratch my back, I scratch yours," never looked so good.

Power Girl #8 By Williamson, Pansica - After an unexpected attack by Brainiac and his army of Lobos, everyone who has power in Metropolis has been kidnapped and imprisoned. But fear not, our hero has avoided capture and is the lone super in a city of helpless civilians. Will she be up for the challenge? Or is a strange visitor about to turn her world upside-down? Get ready for Crush to crash this pity party!

Wonder Woman #8 By King, Sampere, Ortega - Wonder Woman vs. The Sovereign! After being captured by a team of villains, Diana finds herself at the mercy of the scariest of them all. Unbeknownst to our hero, the Sovereign has been pulling her strings since the very beginning of our tale, and now it's time for her to see the world his way as she falls under the influence of the Lasso of Lies! Plus, Trinity visits the past and unexpectedly changes the future!

Action Comics #1064 By Williamson, Sandoval - BRAINIAC ATTACKS! Brainiac's Lobo army invades Metropolis in an action-packed oversized issue! The Super family and all the heroes of Metropolis join the fight, but will they be enough to hold off Brainiac's lethal and crazed soldiers?! Can Superman and Lex learn what Brainiac is searching for? He's not bottling Metropolis, so what is he collecting instead?!

Superman #13 By Williamson, Sandoval - Superman and Lobo…team-up? Together, the Man of Steel and the Main Man race across the universe on a hunt for the Lobo Army and Brainiac. Can they get along long enough to get to them before Brainiac enacts the next stage of his dangerous plans to create a new House of Brainiac?!

xeLeXLb.png.png

PDRXBOM.png

pYxzBzD.png

Ultimate Spider-Man #4 By Hickman, Checchetto - Peter Parker's secret life starts fraying the edges of his personal life! J. Jonah Jameson and Ben Parker's pursuit of truth – or, at least, the news – stirs unrest with the world at large… And now that Spider-Man may not have to operate alone, the real work of rebuilding this corrupt world can begin!

Ultimate X-Men #2 By Peach Momoko - High school, that is! It's a new school year for Hisako as she tries to get a grasp on her new powers… Where she meets a cool, white-haired punk girl named Mei (A.K.A. Maystorm), who understands all too well the challenge Hisako faces. And they team up to embark on a creepy adventure to learn who is behind the creepy shadow that has been haunting – and taunting – them!

Ultimate Black Panther #3 By Hill, Caselli - Black Panther takes matters into his own hands and embarks on a covert solo mission to deal with Ra and Khonshu directly! Wakanda's conflict with Moon Knight has escalated. Even with spies all across the continent feeding information, Wakanda is overwhelmed. Everything changes, though, when a pair of freedom fighters enter the fray: Ultimate Killmonger and Ultimate Storm!

G.O.D.S #7 By Hickman, Schiti - Dimitri is an orphan who was born in the Cosmodrome. Out there somewhere is what he's been looking for his whole life. The way in is the way through. All you have to do is listen for the signal.

Deadpool #1 By Ziglar, Antonio - CODY ZIGLAR (Futurama, Miles Morales: Spider-Man) has a wild ride planned for the Merc with the mouth! Introducing a terrifying new villain who won't stop until he catches Wade in his DEATH GRIP. But all work and no play makes Deadpool a very dead boy!

Fall of the House of X #4 By Duggan, Werneck - They say a wounded animal can be the most dangerous kind of animal to face. As the fight between the mutants and Orchis reaches a deadly pitch, a startling revelation rocks the X-Men to their core. The two series that are one come together in one horrible betrayal as the Krakoan Age nears its conclusion!

Roxxon Presents : Thor #1 By Ewing, LAND - In his secret identity as A.I. spokesguru CHAD HAMMER, the son of Odin knows Mama Gaea is a TOP PRIORITY for heroes AND for business! But when a group of insane environmental activists take "saving the Earth" TOO FAR, it's time to show them the wisdom on BOTH sides – AS THOR! But WHICH God of Evil is prompting the kids to rebel? Could it be...LOKI, GOD OF EVIL??? Featuring an all-star cast of heroes! MINOTAUR! EXECUTIONER! ENCHANTRESS! And the THOR-TRUCK! This is the story of THE ROXXIN' THOR... and it's a VITAL part of the "ABSOLUTE ABSOLUTION" MEGA-EVENT!

Rise of the Powers of X #4 By Gillen, Silva - In the aftermath of the greatest betrayal in X-Men history, the Quiet Council in exile must act. They have a plan. Can anyone, or anything, survive the experience? As the Krakoan Age barrels toward its conclusion, the two series that are one converge on an act that will live in infamy!

X-Men #33 By Duggan, Cassara - If there were ever a time to rally the troops and take the fight to the enemy, it's NOW! Stand side by side with the X-Men as they head for their final stand! They can't stop ALL of us!

Mq4Hw3s.png

5RaD7rb.png

Fine Print Vol 2 By Sejic - When Lauren signs the divine contract promising bliss for the price of love, she expects to be granted the services of the highest ranking god of desire. To everyone's surprise this is a contested title and what was supposed to be a simple routine transaction becomes a mess of divine legalities, competitiveness and harsh decisions that involve a higher power, and the higher power is not happy about it. In this game of carnal delights and absolute stubbornness lives may be at stake, especially when an ex-fury is put in an uncomfortable position that compromises the well being of her family. Welcome to FINE PRINT, VOL. 2—this is where it gets weird.

Hack/Slash : Back to School #4 By Thorogood - The end of the beginning. Cassie and Vlad's first case draws to a brutal end, as the school for slasher killers faces a slasher killer killer, and Cassie faes the question: who's too broken to fix?

Kaya #17 By Craig - Jin is near death, and Kaya will have to risk her life and the life of their new friend to save him. Lost in the Dark Realm, Jin encounters a strange new player who will change Jin's relationship to Kaya forever.

Love Everlasting #14 By King, Charretier - The Eisner and Harvey-nominated series nears its halfway point as more secrets are revealed. The Cowboy continues to serve the system and deliver death, but every time he encounters Joan, his soul rips apart. How long can he go on without destroying everything he loves…including Joan Peterson?

The Sacrificers #7 By Remender, Fiumara - Alone and dangerously close to death, Soluna is on the run, chased through a brutal, unknown landscape as the absence of power has triggered massive world destruction that not even a god can contend with. RICK REMENDER and MAX FIUMARA fire up the next chapter of the super-charged hit series!

Transformers #7 By Johnson, Corona - After last issue's shocking ending, Starscream and Soundwave battle for leadership—and the result will change the Decepticons forever.
And the Autobots learn they may have more allies than they imagined…

jYhJ6HW.png

sbqFx3y.png

Akane-banashi Vol 5 By Suenaga, Moue - As a prominent rookie with a target on her back, Akane takes an opening slot with the goal of clapping back against the veteran futatsume, Rien Konjakuan, who insulted her. While her crisp rakugo performance wows the crowd, Karashi finds something about it worrying... Then, a shocking truth is discovered about Akane's repertoire, leaving her at a huge disadvantage as a zenza. How will Akane overcome this next big hurdle in her training?

Jujutsu Kaisen Vol 22 By Akutami - A mysterious cursed spirit with a grudge against Maki flies into Sakurajima Colony. It evolves with incredible speed from cursed womb to adult form and threatens to overwhelm Maki and Noritoshi. Just then, two other combatants join the battle...

Dandadan Vol 7 By Tatsu - Okarun and the others emerge victorious in their fight against the serpent god, but one lingering threat remains-the Evil Eye's possession of Jiji. Even Grandma Seiko's exorcism is of no use. To complicate matters further, whenever Jiji comes into contact with cold water, the Evil Eye regains control and attacks! Out of options, the group decides their best course of action is to watch over Jiji together until a proper exorcism can be performed-whenever that may be!

WNbSZRg.png

-If you must post a spoilery panel or a page from a Shonen Jump (recent or otherwise), please link to them with a proper spoiler warning.
-Please at least allow one week before posting unmarked spoilers.
- Use common sense when it comes to older spoilers. Its easy to use a spoiler tag and has the same effect.
-Announcements/Solicitations are not spoiler worthy, no need to tag
- Don't spoiler tag images, it doesn't work on mobile so its not reliable.
-MARK YOUR SPOILERS

notoracle

Aug 24, 2023
Excited to finally start reading Birds of Prey since Babs is back. I've held off but still bought the issues until she returned.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Wait what? The BLOOD HUNT! was delayed?

DC now has a chance to do their own big DCU versus Vampires event!