• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Switch will get more MH. And if RER3 happens I'd expect that on Switch too. Ditto for AA7, Basara 5, etc. All it's going to miss out on are Dev 1's RE Engine AAA games and MHW, and some of those it'll still get streaming in Japan.
I wish I would be as confident in getting more MH on there as you. MHW sold phenomenal numbers and they can't even support that with updates adequately. I don't see any team working on a MH game for Switch anytime soon.
I can see AA7.
Couldn't care less about what Japan can stream tbh.

I mean, they do when it's paid for (DR3, SFV). Otherwise though no.
All I'm saying is wake me up when they do something that's not a PS2/GC port outside of Megaman. Which isn't a bad game, but nothing to write home about either, imo.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Keep in.mind 64 GB carts are expected to roll out in 2019. This could impact prices of 8 and 16 GB carts

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not only complaining. I love me some Capcom classics. I'm just tired of people pretending Capcom couldn't do better or that their support for the system so far has been the norm. I responded to someone claiming everything is fine, which it isn't. What past should I let be past? I'm talking about the present of Capcom's Switch support.
I never bitched about RE4 or MHXX. I "bitch" about the clear fact the Switch seems to be an afterthought for Capcom even after it's success.
I expect them to support it at least on the level of Bethesda and SE instead of the crap they pulled so far. Almost nobody showed up at launch, but at least they didn't rip people off like Capcom did and then deliver the barest of bare minimums afterwards. Bethesda does ports of high budget titles and SE brought us Octopath Traveler. Capcom brings us PS2 ports almost a year later than the other consoles and can't be arsed to get a 2GB carts going. You couldn't answer those things either by the way.
Don't see any reason to release all three in one collection/cartridge , when they can release them the same way they did for ps4/X1
First off - Bethesda support isnt the norm but an exception...and even then plenty of their big titles are and will miss the Switch, unless you expect to be able to play Fallout 76 on it. Same for Ubi, SE, Bamco and all other big publishers.

Octopath happened because Nintendo secured the title before the Switch even launched, it wasnt a response to the Switch being successful. You talk about some PS2 ports, when these games are Remasters based on the Current-Gen version....while also ignoring new good titles like Mega Man 11.

The currently announced Capcom games that arent on Switch are AAA ones developed for PS4-type hardware - stop acting as if SE isnt just about to sell you a DS/iOS port with TWEWY for 50 bucks and that they are going to release KH3 on Switch lol.

SuperL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
It's great that the switch is getting these games, slowly but surely. The library is really shaping up.

Rondras

Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Finally, this is the Capcom I want to see on Switch. Great collections,new games and return of classics.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
This is gonna be heavily dependent on cart prices in the west going down. I wish $20 physical switch games were a more standard thing after all this time.
The cheapest prices we've seen games launch by card size are $29.99 (8GB) and $39.99 (16GB). The latter was actually Capcom's first too (RE Rev Collection).

I don't think we've actually seen a packaged Switch game launch at $19.99 yet though? I'm not sure the 2GB or 4GB cards scale low enough for that? I can't remember any physical 3DS or Vita games launching that cheap either tbh?

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
Need more details on each port. If the pricing is the same as Okami, then awesome ad bought. If they try a MHG no thanks.

raygcon

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
There was a time when Capcom provided original games for a less powerful Nintendo platform no problem. Wasn't that long ago.

I don't know why is it hard to understand that Capcom don't do it because it won't sell. Simple and easy. Same reason why they discontinue many (loads) series.
They will release the game on calculator if it shows good return. Unfortunately these company they make game for business, not charity.

Son Lamar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alabama
Lol how many times will ppl rebuy resident evil remakes it's insane cool switch got it but man capcom would got bankrupt without resident lol

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
Gonna pray to Capgod for some physical RE in Europe. I mean Revelations might have not received a hard copy, but these should.

Right?

Right?

:(

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
First off - Bethesda support isnt the norm but an exception...and even then plenty of their big titles are and will miss the Switch, unless you expect to be able to play Fallout 76 on it. Same for Ubi, SE, Bamco and all other big publishers.

Octopath happened because Nintendo secured the title before the Switch even launched, it wasnt a response to the Switch being successful. You talk about some PS2 ports, when these games are Remasters based on the Current-Gen version....while also ignoring new good titles like Mega Man 11.

The currently announced Capcom games that arent on Switch are AAA ones developed for PS4-type hardware - stop acting as if SE isnt just about to sell you a DS/iOS port with TWEWY for 50 bucks and that they are going to release KH3 on Switch lol.
Plenty of titles will miss the Switch, but they do more than Capcom. I never claimed those titles would be able to release on Switch, just like I'm perfectly fine with MHW, DMC5 and REmake2 being not on Switch.
Securing a title like Octopath requires two parties. If you think NIntendo didn't try to secure anything from Capcom who didn't want to because they didn't give a fuck I don't know what to tell you. And the fact they are too cheap for 2GBcarts for their Megaman collection tells me they don't give a fuck indeed.
Remasters of current gen versions that came 9 months later than the other versions because Capcom didn't even have enough faith in Switch to sell a $20 port on it (physical edition only in japan because again, Capcom is being cheap as fuck). I see you use plural in new good titles like Mega Man 11. what other titles are you talking about?

What I'm saying is that they did relatively high production value titles on 3DS while also developing for back then high end consoles no problem, and now they stopped doing that.
I never acted like SE is going to publish KH3 on Switch nor did I act like I want Capcom to publish MHW on Switch.
Stop putting words in my mouth.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't know why is it hard to understand that Capcom don't do it because it won't sell. Simple and easy. Same reason why they discontinue many (loads) series.
They will release the game on calculator if it shows good return. Unfortunately these company they make game for business, not charity.
Right, Capcom games in general sell really poorly on Nintendo consoles. Always have. Are you reading what you're typing here? Are you serious?

Deleted member 11018

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The cheapest prices we've seen games launch by card size are $29.99 (8GB) and $39.99 (16GB). The latter was actually Capcom's first too (RE Rev Collection).

I don't think we've actually seen a packaged Switch game launch at $19.99 yet though? I'm not sure the 2GB or 4GB cards scale low enough for that? I can't remember any physical 3DS or Vita games launching that cheap either tbh?

4GB cards estimates are $4 iirc, packaging included.

Anyway, that s good news, specially for REmake, i love that game and never got bored of it :)

Oct 30, 2017
Isn't Resident Evil 5 on NVidua Shield. It's so strange alot of these games in Shield are not getting ported. Wouldn't it be a a easy port

LJKO

Nov 16, 2017
Capcom, the only port begging I want is Breath of Fire Collection 1-4 and maybe 5 for the Switch T_T

But I guess I'll take RE0, RE1, RE4 how many druple dips; Sorry lost count lol

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully they take this opportunity to fix the one flaw in Resident Evil 4 and finally let you equip fish as a melee weapon.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
yay, just want I was waiting for Capcom, more old ports (likely at full price) !!!!
/s

wonder if this is truly good will or just another "test"

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
Would be incredible if it had gyro controls but I'm not sure how they'd balance it.

Would love an option though.

Status
Not open for further replies.