• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They do, problem is you just pretended they didn't one post before.
Capcom's historically been legacy port heavy on handhelds too though (GB, GBA, DS, PSP). Besides, Switch just got MM11.
I'm talking about games like Monster Hunter and RE Revelations.
Times change....they are making they best out of the avaiable ressources.

WiiU bonnes andbombed and Switch was a gamble. Of course they developed their AAA titles with PS4/One Specs in mind.

Hell every other dev acted this way....only with Capcom and MH people act extra offended.

DQ XI was the first game teased for NX....and SE is a big Switch supporter, even they werent able to get the game out around the same time as the PS4 version.
It's hilarious to me that people always pretend like there's nothing to complain about Capcom's Switch support but when you point out it has been way better in the past they just go "times change". No shit times change, doesn't mean people have to be ok with it. The 3DS made them boatloads of money and they could have at least done more than that SFII ripoff at launch. They are clearly not making the best out of the available resources. At all.
To this day nobody can explain to me how Capcom managed to bring the Okami port to Switch 9 months later without a physical edition outside of Japan or why on earth they cheaped out on the Megaman collection so hard they didn't want to pay for a 2GB cartridge.

At least SE didn't sell people a SFII port for 40 bucks when they knew they had a collection coming up for less.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Now I want an amiibo of each enemy. Thanks a lot! :s
You can get your wish! Just score well in the in-game shooting galleries! They even make sounds!

GPlDzCe.png

Popetita

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
TX|PR
Wii's version of RE4 was the one that finally got me to beat it and got me to like it. O hope it has motion controls.

I am sure I'll sio once more for all. They should makenit a package though.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Best you could hope for is a retail Origins Collection and even then only one game on the card itself probably. Japan will probably get individual packaged releases though.
Yeah.

If they do them in NA I'm sure they will have Remake on a cart and 0 digital (Fuckers). Maybe RE4 can be squeezed into an 8GB cart and sold for 20.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I have REmake on PC but have yet to play it. I might just buy it and play it on Switch.

I'll probably buy RE4 again for the umpteenth time because I'm a sap and love that game.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
They should put all these games in one physical edition, should be a good way to make a physical edition profitable for them.

What is the size of those games on PS4/X1 ?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
It's hilarious to me that people always pretend like there's nothing to complain about Capcom's Switch support but when you point out it has been way better in the past they just go "times change". No shit times change, doesn't mean people have to be ok with it. The 3DS made them boatloads of money and they could have at least done more than that SFII ripoff at launch. They are clearly not making the best out of the available resources. At all.
To this day nobody can explain to me how Capcom managed to bring the Okami port to Switch 9 months later without a physical edition outside of Japan or why on earth they cheaped out on the Megaman collection so hard they didn't want to pay for a 2GB cartridge.

At least SE didn't sell people a SFII port for 40 bucks when they knew they had a collection coming up for less.

There is a big difference between having nothing to complain and do nothing but complain.

You are entering a thread about games people have been wishing for on Switch since it got announced...only to complain again. Its getting tiresome with Debbie Downers not being able to let the past be the past for once.

People bitch for ages about Mega Man Collections, Okami, RE4, MH XX West etc. - and when we get the announcements....it continues lol.
You expect Capcom to build a time machine and somewhat be better prepared for the Switch being a success ?

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
This is just an info dump before their report. Have to have announced titles to pad their box #s for the coming FY because right now, it is basically entirely empty of anything, even catalog title plans.

DMCV and RER2 are in this current FY, and they have nearly nothing on the next FY so this allows them to at least throw some catalog sales to point at when the reports happen.

Capcom's report is on Monday.

Monday, October 29th.
Thanks. Didn't know there was a report monday.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
They should put all these games in one physical edition, should be a good way to make a physical edition profitable for them.

What is the size of those games on PS4/X1 ?
RE4 is just under 9GBs on PS4, IIRC. Not sure about the others.

If I had to guess, I could see RE4 getting a $20 standalone physical release, and REMake & RE0 getting bundled in one as well with the former on cart and the latter a download code.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Have they fixed the audio speed issues in the remaster of REmake? Certain music files would play at twice the speed. It would be great if that were fixed for the Switch release.

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
Isnt RE4 one of the highest selling games for Wii? (also PS2/GCN too), so, really, physical release!

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
resident evil 4 truly the game to grace every platform known to man

PetrCobra

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if there's RE5 and RE6 on the way as well. And RE7 in a non-cloud and outside-of-Japan version.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
so that's the triple-double-dip then. hope re4 has gyro aiming. hell, make it an option in the pre-rendered games too, see if it works out.

Isnt RE4 one of the highest selling games for Wii? (also PS2/GCN too), so, really, physical release!
nah, it was a million seller, which was solid, but the wii's top-selling games broke 30 million.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

If I had to guess, I could see RE4 getting a $20 standalone physical release, and REMake & RE0 getting bundled in one as well with the former on cart and the latter a download code.

This is gonna be heavily dependent on cart prices in the west going down. I wish $20 physical switch games were a more standard thing after all this time.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017

Because of cartridge cost you won't see 20$ physical copies of a game, especially if a 8gb card is needed. That's why I suggested to make a collection of these games and sell it at 40$/50$/60$ depending on how much games you put in there.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
I'm talking about games like Monster Hunter and RE Revelations.
Switch will get more MH. And if RER3 happens I'd expect that on Switch too. Ditto for AA7, Basara 5, etc. All it's going to miss out on are Dev 1's RE Engine AAA games and MHW, and some of those it'll still get streaming in Japan.

They don't develop original games for anyone? What are you talking about? Is "Times have changed" some kind of meme?
I mean, they do when it's paid for (DR3, SFV). Otherwise though no.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Because of cartridge cost you won't see 20$ physical copies of a game, especially if a 8gb card is needed. That's why I suggested to make a collection of these games and sell it at 40$/50$/60$ depending on how much games you put in there.
They are not going to use a 32GB for a collection.

Guess RE4 will be digital only if they can't do a 20 release with an 8GB cart.

God, this sucks.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018

The only possible outcome is a 32GB cart collection priced at 70-80 bucks including all three games on the cartridge.

Other than that, i don't expect a physical collection.
I don't know how are they going to reduce the size of both remakes

Oct 29, 2017
Portable RE4 at long long last!!

Now we just need the Wii controls brought over to the Joy-cons and it's perfect! :D

patientx

Oct 26, 2017
I am beginning to hate all these ports. All right these games are good they are classics etc etc. but make some new games stop porting every game on the catalog dammit :/

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There is a big difference between having nothing to complain and do nothing but complain.

You are entering a thread about games people have been wishing for on Switch since it got announced...only to complain again. Its getting tiresome with Debbie Downers not being able to let the past be the past for once.

People bitch for ages about Mega Man Collections, Okami, RE4, MH XX West etc. - and when we get the announcements....it continues lol.
You expect Capcom to build a time machine and somewhat be better prepared for the Switch being a success ?
I'm not only complaining. I love me some Capcom classics. I'm just tired of people pretending Capcom couldn't do better or that their support for the system so far has been the norm. I responded to someone claiming everything is fine, which it isn't. What past should I let be past? I'm talking about the present of Capcom's Switch support.
I never bitched about RE4 or MHXX. I "bitch" about the clear fact the Switch seems to be an afterthought for Capcom even after it's success.
I expect them to support it at least on the level of Bethesda and SE instead of the crap they pulled so far. Almost nobody showed up at launch, but at least they didn't rip people off like Capcom did and then deliver the barest of bare minimums afterwards. Bethesda does ports of high budget titles and SE brought us Octopath Traveler. Capcom brings us PS2 ports almost a year later than the other consoles and can't be arsed to get 2GB carts going. You couldn't answer those things either by the way.
I'll shut up about their shitty support when they stop having shitty support, like they stopped making shitty decisions games wise with MHW.

Last edited:

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Don't see any reason to release all three in one collection/cartridge , when they can release them the same way they did for ps4/X1

Status
Not open for further replies.