Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you Bernie, fucking thank you. Please for the love of everything decent, can we kick the piece of shit Trump out of office. Save my damn country, please

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Calling Bernie voters a cult if you want them to join your coalition strikes me as counterproductive.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Strange to see people make hay out of the $15 minimum wage question when that's been Biden's position the whole time. I think it's actually part of the de facto democrat platform.

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
'Vote Blue No Matter Who' - Very free thinking and not cultish

'Idk, not sure I wanna vote for a rapist regardless tbh' - Obvious cultist

Seems legit and very much capable of winning votes

I'm not going to waste my time explaining what a false equivalency is to Trump voters. You know what you are and what you're doing to your own movement.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
The Party and the voters made the calculus that they can get Biden elected without the help of the Left by courting moderate Republicans. So, it would be more useful for you to spend your time dialing and knocking doors for Joe than arguing with people on Resetera.
A joint task force on policy with Sanders is making the calculus they can win without the left? Biden literally said he needs him to win and to govern.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strange to see people make hay out of the $15 minimum wage question when that's been Biden's position the whole time. I think it's actually part of the de facto democrat platform.
Haha yep, it was mentioned in his very first campaign speech. Come on, people.
www.marketwatch.com

Biden calls for $15 minimum wage, public-option health plan in first campaign speech

Former Vice President Joe Biden endorsed a $15-an-hour federal minimum wage and an option for anyone to buy into Medicare in his first 2020 presidential...

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if all the clowns who thought he wouldn't endorse are feeling humble?

Great. Maybe Bernie can influence Biden a little on his policies. I'm still holding out hope that Warren is the VP.

I'd personally prefer Warren in the Senate, but I can't think of any prominent women that are as progressive as Warren that also have a lot of political experience.

T0M

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 13, 2019
Biden doesn't get me excited, but Trump is an existential threat to our nation who must be removed this November at all costs.

It's my duty as a responsible American to vote for Biden.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if all the clowns who thought he wouldn't endorse are feeling humble?

I'd personally prefer Warren in the Senate, but I can't think of any prominent women that are as progressive as Warren that also have a lot of political experience.
Nah, they are being smug as fuck rn.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure if we go along with the DNC and corporate media this time things will turn out much differently the next time the working class assembles to try to better their conditions in this country.

Third time is the charm right?
Newsflash: Trump will win the ~~~white working class~~~ because they're racist and vote on racial animus. Black and Hispanic working-class people have no problem voting Democratic and for some strange reason don't vote for the GOP.

Biden just has to peel off enough of those voters from Trump, which a lot of polling shows him doing.

Masquerader

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I'm not going to waste my time explaining what a false equivalency is to Trump voters. You know what you are and what you're doing to your own movement.

lol

Just... lol. You by contrast don't know a damn thing, haven't learned a damn thing, and never will learn a damn thing. Best of luck because the two are clearly more different now than they were before, but expect apathy regardless if this is the finest Liberals have to offer.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
Bernie joined up before Warren, surprising.

I really hope this silences the haters, because we can't afford that now. Criticize him once Trump is gone, it's night and day.

tacocat

Alt account
Banned
Jan 17, 2020
Listen, I don't like Biden and these rape allegations make me extremely uncomfortable. Anyone who doesn't vote for Biden because of that I totally understand.

In this case, I feel like I gotta vote for him. If allegations come to light even more, you work on him being removed afterward and let the VP take over. I don't care about Biden holding the office, I do care about all the others that come along with it.

I'm not a fan of Biden myself but we need to cut the shit. If Biden doesn't win we have Trump for four more years.

If you don't vote for Biden you are supporting Trump's re-election. It really is that simple.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm terribly disappointed in Bernie Sanders for doing this, though I understand why. The ironic thing is that Sanders was criticized as an outsider during the primary, but he's too much of a team player tbqh.

Still not voting for Joe Biden myself. His policy history and rape allegations are disqualifying.

Shoe

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure if we go along with the DNC and corporate media this time things will turn out much differently the next time the working class assembles to try to better their conditions in this country.

Third time is the charm right?
You're completely bonkers if you think the political landscape now is anything remotely similar to even 2016

Oct 27, 2017
Barring a great VP pick, Biden is going to lose to Trump IMO. They're both accused of sexual assault, both aren't great to undocumented immigrants (Trump is far worse of course but bad is still bad on Biden) but Biden picking up more of Bernie's policies (expanding medicare, student loan forgiveness) will help him. If he picked Warren as VP that would help him, but I'd be happy with Castro as well.

Though I think Abrams and Harris are strong contenders for his pick too.

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
lol

Just... lol. You by contrast don't know a damn thing, haven't learned a damn thing, and never will learn a damn thing. Best of luck because the two are clearly more different now than they were before, but expect apathy regardless if this is the finest Liberals have to offer.

Just say you're a Trumper and stop wasting our time.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Glad to see Bernie learned from 2016 and

1) didn't go scorched earth
2) dropped (relatively) early
3) endorsed quickly

It is a shame he didn't learn about widening his coalition though.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
The calculus is either that Bernie's voters are electorally irrelevant and shouldn't be listened to, or they could swing the election and their concerns need to be addressed. It can't be both.

If you're gonna insult Bernie supporters and call them Trump voters that's your prerogative. Just something to keep in mind. November's a long way away, plenty of time to build up a winning campaign if you play it smart.

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm not a fan of Biden myself but we need to cut the shit. If Biden doesn't win we have Trump for four more years.

If you don't vote for Biden you are supporting Trump's re-election. It really is that simple.

I'm going to vote for Biden (and I voted for Bernie int he primary). I just can't see myself not voting.

But I don't like how some people are dismissing the rape allegations at all. If they are true, eventually, Biden should be held accountable - just as anyone should.

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
No. I do not support Trump like Tampa Bay Buccaneers QB Tom Brady.

I could give a fuck about Brady. My avatar has always been trolly on purpose. I care about the Supreme Court and the rights of my LGBT friends. Bernie stans here have made it abundantly clear that they do not care.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
Bernie was a compromise candidate.

I hope these policy taskforce will lead to concessions in staffing in the Biden cabinet. There needs to be more higher profile progressive folks for 2024.