• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
a lot of the time when i click into this thread to go to the last unread post my browser actually puts me multiple posts above the last unread- is this something that happens to others? seems like a weird bug
did you try clicking in the url bar and pressing enter? sometimes it does it for me because stuff loads and pushes me up but doing that will send me right back to the first unread post

May 30, 2018
did you try clicking in the url bar and pressing enter? sometimes it does it for me because stuff loads and pushes me up but doing that will send me right back to the first unread post
interesting. of course this time it jumped right to this post but maybe it depends on load times. will try your suggestion next time!

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Got my Art of Crash 4 book in today from Amazon. It was undamaged, thankfully. Books that are shrinkwrapped seem to fare better. It's a very pretty book, lots of colorful illustrations. It's a pretty thick book, too.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Picked up Tenchan Sawagi, the first doujinshi of Yoshitaka Amano. This was released in 1985 and contains the first paintings for the Angel's Egg OVA and Guin Saga novels. Like the sequel I posted a while back, this was probably sold by mail-order or at events. I love getting to see those super rough sketch pages.

I also picked up the limited edition DVD set of 1001 Nights. The film is widely available online. However, I will try to make the booklet and bonus "video museum" disc available on archive.org.

deaQ4G7.jpg
NU9aqw8.jpg

tzD3baH.png

I know there are some Katsuya Terada fans here, there's a live digital draw going on right now:

Thanks! I'll keep this in the background while drawing today.

gpn

Oct 27, 2017
No, Archive is filled to the brim with new material though of course there is some overlap. It also contains tons of pictures, early script notes, etc.

FYI, they just released the smaller version of that book. It has all the material but smaller print and pictures.

And it's less than 20 bucks on Amazon.

FY,I I have the big sucker and this version and they format the smaller one very well. It still has all the material and honestly, it's much easier to manage. :)

I received the smaller version a few days ago and it's really nice.

OP
OP
UnluckyKate

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Polygon is doing another Oral History, this time for Street Fighter 3 :
www.polygon.com

Capcom vs. SNK: An oral history

We continue our Street Fighter history series with a look at the time Capcom partnered with its crosstown rival

Hopefully they make a book out of it like they did for the oral history of SF2.

Art only or are there some dev/behind the scenes stuff?

Sorry it's been a while.

Vespa

Oct 26, 2017
Polygon is doing another Oral History, this time for Street Fighter 3 :
www.polygon.com

Capcom vs. SNK: An oral history

We continue our Street Fighter history series with a look at the time Capcom partnered with its crosstown rival

Hopefully they make a book out of it like they did for the oral history of SF2.

Looks like it's happening:
www.kickstarter.com

Like a Hurricane

An Unofficial Oral History of Street Fighter II
"Extended and enhanced" Very much looking forward to it.

Bamboo

Oct 25, 2017
My personnal best off 2020 :

Mana Books (french) Sekiro Official Artworks :

couverture-artbook-sekiro-mana-books.jpg

Full format, hardcover, sublime inner dust jacket with the world's map, even more beautiful cover and FromSoft art goodness inside. Yes all around.

The art of Death Stranding :

deathstrab01.jpg

Shinkawa god tier character design and painting with a whole lot of bloodborne tier of horror material. I think its a must have along the game.

Anime Architecture :

61kcUCklAVL_1300x1300.jpg

Just released, instantly became one of my fav this year. It hits right into all the anime movies I grew up with, its a superb object and a fascinating read. Can't recommend enough
Damn this thread! Just bought Anime Architecture after telling myself I don't need it for weeks, but then seeing that amazon was already out of stock, and then panicking, and then ordering two (one as a gift) from another online store that supposedly still has it.

The limited edition is drop dead gorgeous, and so ingenious with the cel-like case. I'm jelaous, but only a little, since I recently landed this beauty for a discount price since it has a little dent on the cover. But the offer was so good, I couldn't say no:

61p9dw640alagk2d.jpg

Robots 1:1. R.F. Collection. Life-size photo repros of tin robots with their packaging (if it's still existant). Since it has to be as big of a book as the tallest robots, the thing is massive. It also comes with a little USB stick in the spine, with a 15min video of most of the robots in action.

They just released another book with more of the same collector. It's pricey though.
shop.design-museum.de

Space Fantasies 1:1 R.F. Collection

The publication »Space Fantasies 1:1« presents 146 space toys from the collection of Rolf Fehlbaum, Vitra’s chairman emeritus and the founder of Vitra Design Museum. The objects and, when provided, their packaging are shown in their original size, as in the book Robots 1:1, published by Vitra...

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
Damn this thread! Just bought Anime Architecture after telling myself I don't need it for weeks, but then seeing that amazon was already out of stock, and then panicking, and then ordering two (one as a gift) from another online store that supposedly still has it.

The limited edition is drop dead gorgeous, and so ingenious with the cel-like case. I'm jelaous, but only a little, since I recently landed this beauty for a discount price since it has a little dent on the cover. But the offer was so good, I couldn't say no:

61p9dw640alagk2d.jpg

Robots 1:1. R.F. Collection. Life-size photo repros of tin robots with their packaging (if it's still existant). Since it has to be as big of a book as the tallest robots, the thing is massive. It also comes with a little USB stick in the spine, with a 15min video of most of the robots in action.

They just released another book with more of the same collector. It's pricey though.
shop.design-museum.de

Space Fantasies 1:1 R.F. Collection

The publication »Space Fantasies 1:1« presents 146 space toys from the collection of Rolf Fehlbaum, Vitra’s chairman emeritus and the founder of Vitra Design Museum. The objects and, when provided, their packaging are shown in their original size, as in the book Robots 1:1, published by Vitra...
Woah. Those two books are right up my alley. Wish I would have known about that Robots book.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
post up above reminded me that titan never announced the CE version of the Death Stranding artbook and probably never will and what a surprise it's unavailable on the book site i'd trust most to deliver it to me undamaged so i've probably missed out on it now

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
my order is with bookdepository (admittedly its another tentacle of amazon but it's a seperate process afaik)

i'm not preordering shit off amazon anymore, or ordering if they don't have stock. too many times my shit has been stuck in limbo or they take my order and then months pass with no word.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
Yup. Closing page, closing thread, hoping I don't see anything to remind me of it again since those are not moneys I want to pay.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone own the Resident Evil VII Document File that Dark Horse published last month? I'm thinking of picking it up and need some impressions.

Vespa

Oct 26, 2017
xxxoxxx That's a quite the saving. I see the amazon price has slightly dropped, I wonder what the real RRP is supposed to be.

Japanmanx3

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I was gonna wait until it got here, but I actually emailed the Anime Architecture author, Stefan Riekeles, and he's shipping me a copy of the book, signed! He also just posted on IG that you can DM him directly if you are interested. Price is 65 EUR.

And he has some copies of his previous publication Proto Anime Cut Archive, which Anime Architecture extends from. He mentions it on his website at https://anime-architecture.org/

So I'm getting copies of both and they will be signed directly from him! Will definitely post pics when they come in!

Thanks for everyone who mentioned it in this thread. Would've loved to get the limited edition version but those are long gone lol.

OP
OP
UnluckyKate

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
I was gonna wait until it got here, but I actually emailed the Anime Architecture author, Stefan Riekeles, and he's shipping me a copy of the book, signed! He also just posted on IG that you can DM him directly if you are interested. Price is 65 EUR.

And he has some copies of his previous publication Proto Anime Cut Archive, which Anime Architecture extends from. He mentions it on his website at https://anime-architecture.org/

So I'm getting copies of both and they will be signed directly from him! Will definitely post pics when they come in!

Thanks for everyone who mentioned it in this thread. Would've loved to get the limited edition version but those are long gone lol.

So glad to see a justified enthusiasm for this book

Oct 27, 2017

So is the book for sale?

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
Was this some sort of one and done run of the book?

There was a "limited" numbered edition of 1000, but also a non numbered edition. I would assume the non numbered edition will get more made but I also can't say that for certain. With how many art books we have seen blast off in price I don't think it would be a safe assumption even if I don't see a reason why it wouldn't just turn up in stock again as well.

OP
OP
UnluckyKate

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017

Final Fantasy XV Official Works : Square Enix: Amazon.co.uk: Books

Final Fantasy XV Official Works : Square Enix: Amazon.co.uk: Books

So there's a new FFXV book coming. Quite expensive though.

That's the special edition.

Here's the standart :

Final Fantasy XV - Official Works: Amazon.co.uk: Collectif, Flamin, Jean-Baptiste: 9791035501426: Books

Buy Final Fantasy XV - Official Works by Collectif, Flamin, Jean-Baptiste (ISBN: 9791035501426) from Amazon's Book Store. Everyday low prices and free delivery on eligible orders.

(french edition but it will be similar from what we saw)

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
That's the special edition.

Here's the standart :

Final Fantasy XV - Official Works: Amazon.co.uk: Collectif, Flamin, Jean-Baptiste: 9791035501426: Books

Buy Final Fantasy XV - Official Works by Collectif, Flamin, Jean-Baptiste (ISBN: 9791035501426) from Amazon's Book Store. Everyday low prices and free delivery on eligible orders.

(french edition but it will be similar from what we saw)
Ah, I see. Massive price hike on the LE, eh.

I've preordered for now but I think I might just skip it, ultimately. Can't really justify the cost.

Armoredgoomba

Jun 17, 2018
Has anyone gotten the Art of Capcom 3? Is it a good mix of franchises? I got the impression the first 2 volumes leaned heavily on Street Fighter.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
"Our Pac-Man book will be fully revealed next week! Back in May we announced that we were working on a new Cook and Becker book, this time on iconic video game character Pac-Man. Since then, this project grew bigger and bigger, and our team has been working full force to bring the first-ever, official retrospective on the yellow muncher to fruition. Featuring hundreds of unique images and 40 in-depth interviews with key figures, the newly titled 'Pac-Man: Birth of an Icon' will be a landmark video game book! Pre-orders start next week so stay tuned for the full reveal!"

This will be neat to check out, especially if they go into detail into some of the sequels like the 3D era titles.