Status
Not open for further replies.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Damn I was really hoping for this announcement to come along with an ARMS 2 announcement. But considering there's no standard direct to go with it I really doubt that.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
um, akshually, ARMS are the weapons attached to the arms/hair

I might be 100% wrong about that, my memory is bad and I am dumb
armswiki.org

ARMS (extendable)

ARMS fighters—even human ones—do not fight using ordinary human arms. Instead, they use a pair of extendable limbs called ARMS. Most fighters have extendable ARMS where a human's arms would normally be, but this is not always the case.

Fighters make use of various weapons, also called ARMS, while fighting. They wear the weapons on their hands, just as boxers wear boxing gloves.

So you're right, but they're both called ARMS lmao

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If anything Twintelle using her hair is good to clear up any confusion ARMS are related to arms when it's in fact the thing they use to fight.

I could see Spring Man/Ribbon Girl/Ninjara/Min Min working decently as alts tbh.

Spring Man does more dmg at lower health, none of the others do.
Ribbon Girl can triple jump, none of the others can.
Ninjara can teleport, none of the others can.
Min Min has a dragon arm, none of the others do.

There's just no way to solve this with costumes.

Deleted member 19702

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
About damn fucking time, really. Given the time they took to announce the ARMS fighter and how Nintendo is currently handling announcements it's safe to presume they'll shadow drop it in the reveal.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Any Bets on the Mii Fighters Megaton like Sans or Cuphead?

My money is on Shantae, Celeste or The (Hollow) Knight.

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
After Byleth, I have no faith that they won't go for the most boring safe character of the bunch. I'm not into ARMS, but I guess that's Springman?

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
After Byleth, I have no faith that they won't go for the most boring safe character of the bunch. I'm not into ARMS, but I guess that's Springman?
It would be a pretty incredible miss-reading of the room to hype up the character as being a big surprise and starting a months-long guessing game only for it to be Spring Man, but at the same time I can't discredit it entirely since the Byleth presentation did start with Sakurai hyping up how secret the new character was that no one knew about them.

So I would be surprised if it's him, but not shocked.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Presented without comment

Ea4g9FcWkAQ4d8l

Ea4g9FgXkAIgomm
But that was from the Testpunch, right?

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
I'm 99.99% sure it's going to be a character swap with at least 2 women and 2 men from the roster + colours.
Could go up to 4/4 with no colour swap.
I don't see the whole roster in but could go very far.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After Terry and Byleth, two of the most unattractively generic characters in fighting games, Springman needs to come for the gays, fuck min min

twintelle beats both though

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
Are people seriously thinking they'll go for only 1 character ?
You can make me eat any bird on tuesday but I'm rock solid sure it's gonna be several characters in one. At least 2.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I'm 99.99% sure it's going to be a character swap with at least 2 women and 2 men from the roster + colours.
Could go up to 4/4 with no colour swap.
I don't see the whole roster in but could go very far.
That only really worked with Hero because they're all silent self-inserts anyway, so they could get away with using the same animations. Doing a 4-in-1 for ARMS will either need a larger dev team or result in most of the cast feeling like carbon copies of Spring Man.

The farthest I can see them going is a 2-in-1. But realistically, I'll likely be just one character.

Deleted member 8791

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Are people seriously thinking they'll go for only 1 character ?
You can make me eat any bird on tuesday but I'm rock solid sure it's gonna be several characters in one. At least 2.
Sakurai is not going to 1) take away individual traits or 2) give individual traits of one character to another. If there's more than one character we're talking echoes, which hasn't happened for DLC yet.

Pop-O-Matic

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
  1. Literally everyone is, at best, aggressively disinterested in his bland, generic protagonist ass and have spent the past few months hoping & and praying for any other character from ARMS than him.
  2. It means that Assist Trophies can become full roster members within the same game, and the last thing anyone wants is for Waluigi Nation to rise from the grave and make Smash Bros discussion even more insufferable.

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Does it matter which one? They should just go the DQ Hero route and put like 4 ARMs characters as skins for the same fighter.

Strat

"This guy are sick"
Apr 8, 2018
Not if they modify the existing high quality animations from an existing switch game.

Hero and Terry had to all be made from scratch

The wouldn't be the case with the ARMS people, and even then, in the source game only Ribbion girl can double jump and she has a specific animation for that.
Lmao wat

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You do realize that they never do that, right? If they wanted, they could have reused Terry's KoFXIV animations.

They don't have any connection to SNK's internal teams though

But not only were both ARMS and Smash handled by EPD, Bamco assisted with both games. It's a s t r e t c h sure but I think it's something to consider when we think about this particular IP

Mik317

Oct 25, 2017
People going the characters are too unique as if half of Ness' abilities aren't shit he can do. You can flub it a bit

NiallGGlynn

Apr 16, 2019
I wonder if they'll have a gimmick where you get to choose the fighters ARMS on the character select screen? Probably too complex but Sakurai's nutty enough to go all out.

Status
Not open for further replies.