Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Woooohooooo!!!!! I hope we get a bowser Jr here where there's a bunch of em!

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Why Min Min?

Twintelle got the best reception from players and some racial diversity would be grand...
The main argument is that Min Min's more consistently popular worldwide, whereas Twintelle primarily excels in the West (she's not that big in Japan). Also she's the most played character online in ARMS.

That being said, Bayonetta got in primarily based on Western demand, & her case was actually a popularity contest.

OP
OP
Empyrean Cocytus

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
I think there's a difference between Spirits and AT, given that there's Spirits from actual Fighters too (iirc).

Twintelle would be my choice, it's just that i don't see them doing anyone else but the "Cover" characters.

There are, but they are specifically listed as fighter spirits and cannot be added to a fighter in spirit fights or WoL.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
TWINTELLE TIME

tenor.gif

smashballTaz

Oct 29, 2017
I interpreted the teaser image that its more than one fighter, in the same vein as the multiple Koopa Kids that you can toggle through.

Is it just me who saw it that way?

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Because Min Min is the overall most popular character worldwide.

Twintelle is only really popular in the west.
I wonder about that, I wonder if it just that Min Min is the most popular of the game's community. Like how Pikachu is the most popular Pokemon but obviously not among the people who actually play the games.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I freaking love ARMS and I freaking love Smash. They really can't go wrong with any of the characters.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Still pretty sure it would be a composite lot and the characters will be homogeneous so Sakurai can focus on the ARMS themselves, which would be switchable

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
The main argument is that Min Min's more consistently popular worldwide, whereas Twintelle primarily excels in the West (she's not that big in Japan). Also she's the most played character online in ARMS.

That being said, Bayonetta got in primarily based on Western demand, & her case was actually a popularity contest.
And she won

NeoPancho

Nov 3, 2017
Like I said...

I could see a 2-in-1 happening, as Sakurai & Bamco were able to make that work within their significantly smaller DLC dev team in the past (Ex: Byleth). But the amount of work required to make a 4-in-1 work would either require more staff or a ton of homogenization.

Mechanica, Helix, Mr Mummy, Byte and Twintelle are too different to have the same slot

Yeah, sorry, even if by my examples it might look like i mean it has to be 4 fighters, that's the upper limit i think it's possible, but i just mean more than 1... it could be perfectly 2 like Wii Fit Trainer. And if we are getting more than 1 fighter, no matter if it's 2 or 8, by all accounts they are going to be homogenized to do exactly the same (probably a combination of the different characters), maybe different iddle animations but that's about it.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
whatever the character is, i'm almost sure the whole roster will make cameos, hanging out in the back of the satge.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's gonna be an ARMS 2 character...

That also happens to be a guest from the Fire Emblem franchise.

The avatar character, an extendable sword-user :v

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Yeah, sorry, even if by my examples it might look like i mean it has to be 4 fighters, that's the upper limit i think it's possible, but i just mean more than 1... it could be perfectly 2 like Wii Fit Trainer. And if we are getting more than 1 fighter, no matter if it's 2 or 8, by all accounts they are going to be homogenized to do exactly the same (probably a combination of the different characters), maybe different iddle animations but that's about it.
Realistically, Spring Man, Springtron, Ribbon Girl, Ninjara, Min Min, Lola Pop and Misagno could share moveset, perhaps taking some unique ability from someone and giving it to everyone (like Min Min's kick).

Helix and Kid Cobra would be possible but would require more work.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Realistically, Spring Man, Springtron, Ribbon Girl, Ninjara, Min Min, Lola Pop and Misagno could share moveset, perhaps taking some unique ability from some and giving it to everyone (like Min Min's kick).

Helix and Kid Cobra would be possible but would require more work.
But again, you'd have to homogenize their animations to a point where it'd just be Spring Man with a different look. At least with Hero, they're all silent self-inserts anyway, so you could get away with all of them having the same animations.

King Dodongo

Oct 27, 2017
As much as I would like Twintelle, she doesn't even use her arms to fight.
Misango would actually be a great choice IMO.

Emiya777

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
I feel like it's been talked about, but what if it's a character from ARMS 2 and that's why they haven't revealed the exact character yet.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I feel like it's been talked about, but what if it's a character from ARMS 2 and that's why they haven't revealed the exact character yet.
That'd require Sakurai to play a near-finished version of ARMS 2 like he did for Three Houses. And considering that he didn't know ARMS even existed until its reveal, that's probably unlikely (remember, Three Houses was a known entity when Vol. 1 was locked in as of 11/6/18).

DimitriLH

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
If it is Spring Man or Ribbon Girl it at least breaks the Mii costume/ Assist Trophy rule....Waluigi fans to have a Second Wind?

While I've always wanted Spring Man since before release, kinda hoping it's a multi character fighter.

Emiya777

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
That'd require Sakurai to play a near-finished version of ARMS 2 like he did for Three Houses. And considering that he didn't know ARMS even existed until its reveal, that's probably unlikely (remember, Three Houses was a known entity when Vol. 1 was locked in as of 11/6/18).

I mean there's a chance that Nintendo just handed him some design videos and pics and said here you are doing this. That was the case for Greninja in Smash Wii U I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.