Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 16849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
game it a few matches, uninstalled it. I got no patience for this shit anymore, i don't get why everything has to be a Battle Royale nowadays. Seriously fuck Ninja, fuck Fortnite and fuck copycat developers. I just want a tight twitch shooter on small maps that isn't COD or Counter Strike that isn't dead. Clearly this is too much to ask. I won't lie i did enjoy Ring of Elysium briefly though.

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
Hope they manage to keep it updated. Blackout is horrible in this way. They have a huge team but can't manage to do important or interesting updates in a timely manner.

OP
OP
JigglesBunny

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Hope they manage to keep it updated. Blackout is horrible in this way. They have a huge team but can't manage to do important or interesting updates in a timely manner.
The game just released today and they already have a road map for new content that goes until December.

Support won't be an issue.

Cycas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wow this is really good, super stoked, a great surprise. How this was kept under wraps is impressive.

This is also gonna save EA's stock price once Anthem bombs. Cannibalistic yes, but the two releasing so close probably isn't a coincidence. Apex will have all the headlines to mitigate any Anthem fallout.

Zakard

Oct 25, 2017
Can't run Apex on my PS4. 😕 Get the same error whenever I try to start from the title screen: "Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later. [105]"
I fixed it. Use the following instructions: Modify your ethernet connection to custom, but leave everything as is except for DNS. Put 8.8.8.8 as primary and 8.8.4.4 as secondary there. It worked for me.

Ismailman

Oct 29, 2017
Having a ton of fun with it. My only problem is the sniping isn't as satisfying as PUBG. Hitting a 300m headshot with a Kar98/M24/AWM in PUBG is probably one of the most satisfying things in gaming, but the faster movement in Apex + "lamer" sniper guns don't allow for that to happen.

Ah well, the abilities are awesome and add a lot of depth and variety to how combat situations play out. The QoL makes the game so much more accessible than something like Blackout. Plus the mid and short range combat is so good. Never feels like you died because of desync or some other BS reason.

The other thing is just how damn polished it is. No glitches. No BS. No loading garbage. Super fast load times. Easily the best FPS-BR game out right now and I'm surprised the LFG number on Xbox wasn't higher.

I think this is the FPS-BR game that everyone hoped Blackout would be and I think it's going to do extremely well because of that. Hyped!

Interficium

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
game it a few matches, uninstalled it. I got no patience for this shit anymore, i don't get why everything has to be a Battle Royale nowadays. Seriously fuck Ninja, fuck Fortnite and fuck copycat developers. I just want a tight twitch shooter on small maps that isn't COD or Counter Strike that isn't dead. Clearly this is too much to ask.

These meltdowns are giving me life, honestly.

Gankzymcfly

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Somebody needs to log all the post from various threads declaring this game was DoA for one reason or the other whether it be no titans or wall running... This game has endless potential with all the things that could be added with the addition of new legends. I cannot stop thinking about how good it feels, plays, and looks on both pc and xb1x. I just wanna log more hours and get better.

As an aside, is it possible to play the game without opening the origin launcher or having it open the whole time? Like if I require the origin launcher to launch it with my ID can I exit the the origin launcher after the games loaded without worrying? I know this is something that could probably be tested extremely quickly but I just havnt remembered to try anytime I've been playing and it will be a minute until I get another opportunity to try. I also exit the epic launcher, after I launch fortnite for example, and that doesn't usually present issues as long as I'm signed in on the game before exiting the launcher.

I just don't like the launchers sitting down there in my task bar with their overlay functions I always turn off. Im sure it barely eats up any resources, but if it results in even a single frame being lost, I could do without it if possible. I know I'm likely just being naive but I'm also the same guy holding out hope gamers all make the switch from discord back over to ventrillo one day...just so I can save those tiny bits of processing power 😋

LookAtMeGo

Oct 25, 2017
a parallel universe
Like most FPSs, I suck at this one too. Still fun to play. Played 4 rounds and couldnt get a kill but dealt a decent about of damage anyway. I'll try again tomorrow. I wish I didnt suck so bad at FPS

ArchStanton

Oct 29, 2017
Playing on PS4. Feel free to add me and mention that you saw me on ERA. Battle Royale games never clicked with me, until now.

PSN: ZekeXenu.

Deleted member 8118

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
game it a few matches, uninstalled it. I got no patience for this shit anymore, i don't get why everything has to be a Battle Royale nowadays. Seriously fuck Ninja, fuck Fortnite and fuck copycat developers. I just want a tight twitch shooter on small maps that isn't COD or Counter Strike that isn't dead. Clearly this is too much to ask. I won't lie i did enjoy Ring of Elysium briefly though.
Take it from a person who loves slow shooters, Insurgency Sandstorm is what you need to look into

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
This looks very good but the lack of duos breaks it. are there any plans to add duos in the future?

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Had no idea what was happening and died in the first minute

Just like Fortnite, I gave it one shot and it didn't grab me, oh well

Oreoleo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Wouldn't be surprised if they added a hero who had the pilot abilities as his passive. Feel like they should give pathfinder wall run to better mix with the grapple. As it stands I think he's the weakest hero (haven't played caustic)

You're nuts dude! Last game of the night we won basically single-handedly thanks to our Pathfinder. The added mobility he gives the entire team with his ultimate is invaluable. Thanks to beacons we were able to stay ahead of the circle and set up camp before other squads rolled into town. And put a sniper in his hands and he can rain down on people from wherever he wants. He's very capable of controlling the pace of a team fight in the right hands.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
You're nuts dude! Last game of the night we won basically single-handedly thanks to our Pathfinder. The added mobility he gives the entire team with his ultimate is invaluable. Thanks to beacons we were able to stay ahead of the circle and set up camp before other squads rolled into town. And put a sniper in his hands and he can rain down on people from wherever he wants. He's very capable of controlling the pace of a team fight in the right hands.
Ok you've convinced me to try him again.

Anton668

Nov 5, 2017
welp, I tried to play this.
2 of us here at the house on PC.
Connection issues galore!
meh. maybe tomorrow....

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Just like Fortnite, shotguns are king. Peacekeeper is fucking disgusting. This thing melts shields.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
I'm trash at this but it seems well made.

The "hero" element seems superfluous though since most enemy types don't register from a distance when everyone is clad in the same "futuristic shooter" armor that doesn't stand out from the environment. It's not something I'm thinking about when playing, but I imagine high level play, you want to be thinking of how to react to different class-types.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
ugh i wanna play this with a pad but it looks like a m+k is the only way to be competitive at least on pc.

there is some sort of matchmaking for people who want to use a pad on pc?

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
I'm watching Shroud play and the game is pretty barebones right now but the gameplay is really tight. The special abilities open up some really interesting teamplay mechanics and the gunplay is as punchy as you'd expect from the makers of Titanfall.

The visuals don't have much personality right now. The aesthetic is a mashup of Blackout and Overwatch and Borderlands and just doesn't stand out next to something like Warframe, where you can tell exactly what game it is from two seconds of footage. Heroes need to have much more defined silhouettes, especially with all the mirror matches.

This kind of launch can also spawn a new generation of streamers who can make a name by being really really good, and it's promising that the gameplay looks to have a lot of scope for mastery.

Fortnite has shown that this kind of shadow-dropped barebones release can work, as long as the game receives regular updates to keep players engaged, and give content creators/streamers a good reason to come back every week. I feel like every other BR game apart from Fortnite struggles with this, so we'll see if they can deliver on this promise.

Last edited:

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I'm watching Shroud play and the game is pretty barebones right now but the gameplay is really tight. The special abilities open up some really interesting teamplay mechanics and the gunplay is as punchy as you'd expect from the makers of Titanfall.

The visuals don't have much personality right now. The aesthetic is a mashup of Blackout and Overwatch and Borderlands and just doesn't stand out next to something like Warframe, where you can tell exactly what game it is from two seconds of footage. Heroes need to have much more defined silhouettes, especially with all the mirror matches.

Fortnite has shown that this kind of shadow-dropped barebones release can work, as long as the game receives regular updates to keep players engaged, and give people and content creators/streamers a good reason to come back every week. I feel like every other BR game apart from Fortnite struggles with this, so we'll see if they can deliver on this promise.

How do you mean barebones? Sure, some more heroes would be cool.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
I'll give this a try on XB1 but according to Eurogamer, it has four monetisation systems and three currencies, which to me seems like way too many and a complete mess.

An area over which I have more mixed feelings is the game's monetisation system. While Respawn describes its four monetisation systems as being driven by a "player's choice" mentality, it does feel a little like throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks. There's a battle pass, loot boxes (of a sort), a Fortnite-style item shop, and purchasable "legends" such as Mirage and Caustic - which are not instantly playable in the game and must be unlocked. There are also three types of in-game currency: legend tokens, Apex coins and crafting metals, all of which are earned in different ways and unlock different things. It feels messy.

Beyond this, the monetisation system does seem to avoid the pitfalls of previous free-to-play games. Loot boxes (Apex Packs) are cosmetic-only, guarantee a rare or better item, avoid duplicates, and have "bad luck detection against opening too many before [a player] hits a legendary item". None of the items will be exclusive to the paid loot boxes, pack odds will be published online, and the packs can also be earned through playing the game - although it was hard to judge the exact amount you get via grinding.

A point worth noting is that all legends added in future are going to be locked. While the new legends won't offer a gameplay advantage, the alternative gameplay methods provided will need to be unlocked - either through play, or by fast-tracking with money.

The way they've implemented the loot boxes seems better than most games that feature them, but still. Four separate paid systems seems too much.

Deleted member 35071

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
really wish this was solo...i think id enjoy it more. Put me in the camp that doesn't think this will survive. Its not better than Blackout, so anyone that wants a good BR game is playing that already. And the ppl that want a free BR are probably playing Fortnite. I can't imagine too many non-titanfall fans liking this enough. Who knows. Im wrong about tons of stuff tho. The shooting is great. The maps great. All the new QOL br stuff is great. But idk...everything else just seems a little inferior.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I'll give this a try on XB1 but according to Eurogamer, it has four monetisation systems and three currencies, which to me seems like way too many and a complete mess.

The way they've implemented the loot boxes seems better than most games that feature them, but still. Four separate paid systems seems too much.

Regarding new heroes, they seem cheap enough. My two hour gaming last night netted me a bit more then 2000 legend points (or what they are called) while the heroes cost 12 000 points.

SlayerSaint

Jan 6, 2019
Played a good 6+ hours, done for the night lol. Great game, much better than every other BR. Love you Respawn.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Thread subtitle should have been one of Gibraltar's "brother" voice lines, or one of Mirage's "bamboozled" lines.

Buddy1103

Jan 8, 2019
if there's anything i can trust Respawn with, it's making a shooter that feels great, and wow did they deliver. in a gaming landscape where BR games feel unfinished and still in ''beta'' this game launches and feels complete, from the movement to the gunplay. GG Respawn!

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Here is my impression from yesterday again from the other thread, was super impressed with the game and I had such a crazy and intense finale in my last game, good luck trying to top that. These final 2 minutes had everything and were just insane.

Oh man, guys, I can not believe it but I think I'm in love with this game. I was so critical and sceptical with the leaks and rumors and now after 3-4 hours of playing, I have to say all the praise was justified.
It feels completely polished, the menus and skin management are super slick and stylish and, just fantastic copied from Overwatch, the loot box system, as much as you can criticize that, is a bit addicting and I liked it in overwatch, at least until the first event with limited items in it, that was bullshit, but in general, I like that, I have to admit.

The gameplay is super fun and it's the first time in ages where I really feel that I get better over the hours and my last round was my absolute best, we had action everywhere up to the very close finally and the circle was amazing too and, we won it. What a great feeling. I was absolute pumped after that round. Here are the last 2 super intense minutes:

The ping feature by the way is mind-blowing good, that's a so well thought through feature and works absolute flawless. With that, even playing with randoms works really good.

I also like the weapon skins really really much and have to praise Respawns designer here. Who ever worked on them deserves a raise, most look so good and sharp, with effects and shit. I know many people couldn't care less but I'm a sucker for that. That's my juice.

Can't wait to continue tomorrow but now it's 3am and I have to sleep. :D

OP
OP
JigglesBunny

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Two things people haven't seemed to notice...

1. Holding the jump button down allows you to climb up surfaces/walls.
2. Holding down the touchpad on PS4 or Options on Xbox One allows you to text chat with your teammates.

Both very useful and totally underutilized!

gl0w

QA Tester
Verified
Mar 23, 2018
Now we know why BFV Firestorm was delayed.

They already know this was coming.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ending the night with 16 Ws at level 20. So close to having enough money to an operator.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
tried the tutorial and liked what i saw, but didn't quite fancy doing trios with randoms so haven't hopped into a match yet. anyone playing this on PS4 want to team up at some point today?

CrashFaster

Oct 28, 2017
Oh wow, a BR I actually like. The gunplay is just so damn satisfying lol.

Been playing with randoms and no mic since mine's appears to be broken, but the ping system helps out *A LOT*. I'm not sure a solo mode would work in this game, but hey, I'll try it if they add it.

Deleted member 2321

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Here is my impression from yesterday again from the other thread, was super impressed with the game and I had such a crazy and intense finale in my last game, good luck trying to top that. These final 2 minutes had everything and were just insane.

Cool, now check out this guy and his BS without even playing the game:

2r3ko4z.png

Crazy, right?

The Traveller

Oct 31, 2017
I gave the game another try this morning after not really feeling it yesterday. The game got much better after finding people to play with using the group function on Xbox. Even won 2 matches. Playing well and winning really depends on working as a team.

Part of me wanted it to be more like how Titanfall was, but those games still exist and I can go back to. This is the game that made me appreciate battle royale games.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Also, on PC, they have a nifty setting, text to speech and speech to text!

Speech to text is on PS4 as well, but I've not tried it yet.

Sniping feels really good on this, and I never really took to that on TF2.
Most of my time was spent using the CAR, and occasionally I'd do iron sight Triple Take.

Status
Not open for further replies.