Status
Not open for further replies.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Gunplay seems pretty fun but the characters all look really boring and generic when you compare them to something like overwatch. I guess this is supposed to be less cartoony, but even the robot guy doesn't look really cool.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Gunplay seems pretty fun but the characters all look really boring and generic when you compare them to something like overwatch. I guess this is supposed to be less cartoony, but even the robot guy doesn't look really cool.
Pathfinder's dark secret is that he's Claptrap.

docbon

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I've got a preliminary Discord server setup for anyone interested in joining. Also, if you want to help run the Discord server, let me know too.

[Hidden content]
Note: you have to reply to this post then refresh the page for the link to show up.
Note2: If you still can't get it to work, shoot me a PM, and I'll get you an invite.

pinging LukarWuff since you requested it

boop

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Are the bullets projectile immediately or hitscan up to a certain distance then projectile?

WieDerrickWie

Jul 4, 2018
Also, does anyone else get any Evolve vibes while playing?
The look of some of the environments, the slowly climbing up walls, and some other stuff just remind me so much of my time with Evolve.
I'm digging it a lot.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm interested to see if there's a sort of narrative going on in the background with this game, like with Blackout expanding on the Black Ops storyline.

Old Blisk definitely has some stories to tell.
Yeah, he can tell us the story of Titanfall 3!
I kid, kinda

Looking forward to sinking my teeth in once I have friends ready to play. May end up playing with random due to how good the ping system is though. Will also consider the discord at some point, think I'll play mostly on PS4 but I went ahead and installed it on PC anyway as well.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
One thing I wish players would quickly realize is that when you die you still aren't out. Had a few matches where I was the last one remaining but I end up killing the other team and had the ability to pick up teammate's banners and revive them but no, they disconnect.
The game needs to do something to curb the disconnects. Perhaps making the tutorial mandatory would help, or punishing players who disconnect from matches before their chance to be revived expires by giving them no XP for the game.

Mirabai

Nov 4, 2017
Looks good so far, i finished my download yesterday but couldn't play a round.
It looks like the first BR with good gunplay, 10 more hours at work. I cant wait :)

Lupic

Dec 31, 2017
United Kingdom
Was watching streams once everyone started playing it and didn't think it would look so good. Can't wait to try it after work later though I'm wondering how the consoles play it? I assume it's 60fps like Titanfall. Doesn't look like the most intensive game out there.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The one big downside of the game is that it seems to suffer from a lack of a distinct visual and style identity. It takes heavy clues from Titanfall obviously, but then there's the Overwatch-esque presentation and cosmetic unlocks (there's even the same kind of lootboxes), it borrow plenty from Blackout in terms of presentation and gameplay, the rare cosmetic unlocks from Fortnite, but also the class system from For Honor and Siege. The characters look like more generic versions of Borderlands characters, and I yet have to find a particularly unique or recognizable weapon, too. However, this is a minor gripe because the game feels excellent. Future classes can be more unique, the visual style can be slowly revamped, we could be getting more unique weapons, etc. etc.. For a launch of a f2p BR game, this game is in a very good state.

Deleted member 43077

User requested account closure
Banned
May 9, 2018
played it for a good bit today and ended with 5 wins and a good amount 2nd place endings. Its a lot of fun and has what Blackout is missing. Very excited to go back for more and see what they have in the future in terms of content.

Rsinart

Oct 27, 2017
Had no intention of playing as much as I did tonight but here it is 3am and I'm just headed to sleep, haven't done that in awhile. I really enjoy the game for what it is.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
My favorite multiplayer-shooter since Titanfall 1. Played it 4 hours straight what I normally don`t do.
Even those who hate battle royal, should give this a try.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
In pubg and fortnight the characters are only different cosmetically. This is more akin to overwatch as the roster have their own, different specials/ultras. They should run with this, make a huge roster of unique characters/abilities.

Shifty Capone

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Well deserved, I played more of this game tonight than I have in any other BR game combined.
Same
I feel this will be one of the one reasons people drop off

Had a group of 3 for awhile tonight, but one of them called it a little early. Ended up having really great solo teammates for 7-8 matches in a row. All with Microphoens, all actually playing the game instead of friendly fire/mic screeching etc. even won 2 in a row. Both my friend and I were talking about how surprised we were that after every game regardless of outcome the solo player would say good game, good luck, etc.

Was a such a stark contrast to what I'm used to.

I said it in the other thread, this game is just pure fun. Haven't had this much fun in BR game since PuBG hit the scene. I love the class abilities, they really add that little difference that I needed to latch onto a new BR game. Match that with Respawns shooting mechanics? In for the long haul.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Also, people from Europe, get a proper mic and not something you got in your breakfast ceral box.

My ears have rights as well.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
This is easily the best BR game. Very easily.
After 2 hours of Apex i literally uninstall PUBG, Fortnite and blops. I have about 3000 hours between all those combined and i can never go back.

It's so smooth, fast paced, abilities are incredibly balanced and i can't get enough. I actually played most on xbox and i don't care care for FPS games on consoles. It's like crack.

Zero-ELEC

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
This game is fun. Probably my favourite BR Shooter out there so far. The gunplay is fantastic, as expected, but the QoL features really add to the genre, pinging is fantastic, dropping together, reviving allies. It's all really good. The character classes are fun, but I'm not sure if they bring much to the game, tbh. I cannot overstate that the gamefeel for the weapons is fantastic, tho. Actual good feeling weapons immediately puts it over PUBG and Fortnite. It feels like a polished game, not one still in early access.

But I can still feel the game is incomplete... The way you can mantle up walls feels super good but only exemplifies that the game engine was made with wall running in mind. Movement feels like its missing something. The MTX might seem a bit overbearing, but there's... actually nothing to work towards to? I guess the two locked characters, but beyond that... I guess that's what the roadmap is for.

And I will forever be sad that Titanfall 3 died for this. Oh well.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
Really liking the game so far, it's like an actually fun and unique version of blackout.

Everything just clicks, its seriously polished for something that came seemingly came out of nowhere.

I will say i hate the 3 man squad shit.

My party these days is usually 4-6 people and this just makes it even harder for us to be in a party together.

Deleted member 1238

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game is the real deal. It's something special. I seriously can't wait to play some more with my friends tomorrow! Got three wins tonignt and they were all exciting!

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
I've had more wins in this game than all other BR games I've played combined. Everything just feels so good.

Shifty Capone

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Also, nothing is as satisfying as being Wraith at the beginning of a game with a Pump Shotgun. I visibly sneak behind teams and unload, so satisfying. Wraith for life

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
In pubg and fortnight the characters are only different cosmetically. This is more akin to overwatch as the roster have their own, different specials/ultras. They should run with this, make a huge roster of unique characters/abilities.

Huge roster also brings issues with balance, but yeah I hope same

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Got to level 5 now, I'm thinking this shit is pretty good. The shotguns in particular feel very satisfying to use. Nice booming sounds on all the weapons. Bloodhound's ability seems very, very strong, but the other heroes have some pretty good stuff as well. Playing with randoms so far, usually get taken down by a group of three folks who are working together much better than my team. Still, good fun even when losing. Will have to play more.

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't realize that this game was sort of a..."hero shooter battle royale", if you will.

The other BR games don't do much for me, but now this has my interest. Since it's F2P, I'll probably give it a shot!

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
I really suck at this (never played BR game before) but I liked playing a few matches. But also had two matches where I pretty much walked around the first round without a weapon :/ also, how does armory unlocks work? You unlock something, and then?

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Best gunplay and movement in a BR to date.

If PUBG is a more grounded and realistic experience, Apex is a pure arcade and fast paced shit, i never doubted Respawn and never will, buying founder's pack right now!

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
It can not be overstated how well designed this fucking map is.

Yeah it's quite good. I appreciate that there's a lot more space outdoors than there is indoors, but still plenty of cover to have intense gunfights between teams. I especially like the... bayou? area with the houses on stilts that you can hide underneath. Really cool.

CDV13

Jan 30, 2018
81 players on this map would be better I think, if they can do it obviousy. A few more squads would feel just right I think. Loving it though. Managed 2 wins tonight all with randoms since my friends haven't downloaded the game yet. Curious to see what the battle pass will offer.

SoftTaur

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't think I could like a battle royale game after trying Fornite and really disliking it but Respawn worked their magic and I love this game. Even managed a win.

Sad there isn't a Titanfall 3 but at least this is really fun.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Also the peacekeeper shotgun is fucking legit. I cleared out two squads on my own with that thing.

SlayerSaint

Jan 6, 2019
Finally got my first win, nice. Been putting together some good performances (placement and kill wise) and my last few games have been #1, #2, #3, #4, #6, #8, and a couple I died at the very beginning. Game is sick.

Oct 29, 2017
Really enjoyed the Longbow rifle or whatever that was. It was doing some work. Does this game have hitscan or projectiles?

OP
OP
JigglesBunny

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Really enjoyed the Longbow rifle or whatever that was. It was doing some work. Does this game have hitscan or projectiles?
Projectiles but there are some instances where I could swear a weapon performs like its hitscan. Then I try to pull off a Kraber shot and miss a moving target by like ten feet and realize, nope, all projectile.

Status
Not open for further replies.